#3 sarkazm76

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:16 AM

xmas_cool.gif  SILVER  xmas_cool.gif

Merry Xmas everyone!

#4 Lindyloo28

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:11 AM

BRONZE tongue.gif

Hi Everyone, Merry Christmas!!

It's been awhile since I posted, so very busy with running a business, but I'm looking to slow down now. Had my Morph scan on 14/12/12 and bubs is looking good, I too have a low lying placenta so they are keeping an eye on that and hopefully it moves up. Another one here who didn't find out sex, can't wait to find out at the end!!

Hope you are all keeping well and enjoying the festive season.

Ciao for now xmas_cool.gif

#5 Jenganoosh

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

Merry Xmas ladies!

For those that pop onto forum in time, http://www.pramwarehouse.com.au is having a 24hr sale today/tomorrow, 25% off storewide.

We purchased our pram, carrier, a change caddy and monitor today original.gif Exciting!

Hope everyone has had a lovely "cool" day.

#6 elsea

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:55 AM

Hi All,

*reposting because I was on the end of the last thread!*

I've been lurking here on and off, and thought I'd finally jump in and introduce myself- I made some great friends in the DIG last time (DS is two), but this new format with different threads etc is a bit hard to keep up with - anyway, I'll try to stick to the chat thread and see if I can keep up...

This bubs (our second) is now due 21/5/13.... I say now, as by my calcs/O etc and the 7wk scan, it was due closer to 28/5/12, but the 12 wk NT scan they were certain that it is a week older! I'm having the morph scan on thursday and don't plan to find out the gender - we didn't last time, the surprise is my favourite part!

A bit nervous about having two kids, and also a "winter baby"... DS is a very "busy" active toddler, so I hope he can adapt to having a sibling! We decided against putting him in childcare this year (he has never been in it as we are lucky with grandparents and I only work 2 days per week now), as I it is very expensive here in Sydney, and I wasn't keen on his first winter in care coinciding with a newborn - ie the colds/bugs they get. So hopefully the grandparents will still be happy to mind him on occasion (he goes to one or the other set one day per week, alternating), to give him some time out and me some "rest" with the newborn.

I found the newborn stage very, errr, challenging last time as DS was hardwork/ high maintenance! Although he BF for 16mths (we were good at that), he wasn't a placid or sleepy baby, and didn't sleep thru until about 13mths! Needless to say, I'm hoping this time around I will find it a bit easier (although, how? with another little one to care for?) and "enjoy" it more... I also don't feel my "bullet-proof" confidence about labour this time around - I was determined last time to have minimal intervention, and I did succeed in that, but this time I'm not feeling as confident.

Hope you all have a great Christmas with your bumps or bubs (ie older kids)!

Els

#7 RachealJane

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:37 AM

Hi Els. Welcome original.gif

I also found the first year the most challenging. I loved it once she could communicate better with us.
My DD will be just turned 3 when the new bub arrives and we were considering putting her in daycare one day a week but have decided against it now. My hubby is having 6 weeks off when new bub arrives so she'll have plenty of attention in the early days while I get settled then by that time we should be able to resume our normal activities like playgroup etc so we will just leave preschool til the next year.

Great news on the scan Lindy.

Gosh I'm glad Christmas is over now, I need to rest.  It was a huge day yesterday, but fun too. Actually my bump feels a hit sore today so will be taking it easy.

Have a great day everyone.

#8 Lindyloo28

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:47 AM

Anyone getting those round ligament pains? I seem to get it on the right hand side down near the groin and only while I'm sleeping. Geez Louise!! They are very painfully! ohmy.gif

#9 RachealJane

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:33 AM

Well I still get a sharp pain when sneezing or twisting wrong. But I'm also getting a cramping type pain in the genitals area. It's similar to what I would get when I had my period. I'm hoping its just ligaments or something just pregnancy related.

#10 Zelle

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:11 PM

Merry Christmas all fellow ladies with bumps!I'm getting some ligament pain on the right too - usually at night - but it's not too bad. Just uncomfortable. Sneezing doesn't help .I'm starting to get some lower back pain and hip pain in the early morning. Might have something to do with how I sit on my chair at work but I think I'll get it checked out to see if there's anything I can do.

#11 babymojo

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:24 PM

Hi all

Merry Christmas!  xmas_cool.gif

RachelJane, I'm kinda glad its over too.  It was my first time hosting and it was tough! I have a new appreciation for everything my parents' did to make Christmas so special for all those years (and kind of dreading the fact that its my "job" from now on).

Luckily hosting duties have kept me from thinking about my scan too much.  Its tomorrow!  I'm so excited to find out whether its  little boy or girl (have no idea how so many of you cannot find out - I'm such a control freak!).  Just hoping that everything is ok.

Elsea, I have the same fear as you about having 2 kids. Esp concerning the newborn stage.  I did not cope well at all with my DS.  We actually ended up in a mother baby unit at 6 weeks (he was very unsettled and I was a mess).  Two different nurses told me he was the loudest baby they had ever encountered!  Luckily, we were able to develop a sort of routine around 3 months and things have got better and better since (he's 2 now and great).  I think it means we're due an easy baby though!

I'm not sure whether i'm getting ligament pains or not. Same with baby movements - I keep thinking  I feel the baby move but then I just think its my tummy grumbling or something!

#12 elsea

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:03 PM

Hi again,

babymojo - I hear you! my DS had aweful colic and bowel wind, and then gave himself a massive tummy hernia at 4wks and required emergency surgery at the kids hospital - right after Christmas 2010!  Poor thing never "got the hang" of sleeping for long periods, but in the end I just slept when I could (day or night) and ignored all the "helpful" comments... it was tough. really tough.  Luckily he always BF well and gained weight etc (unlike me who lost too much of weight lol!).  I found The No Cry Sleep Solution to be a very useful resource - after reading just about everything written by Tresillian etc... controlled comforting could never have worked for us, because DS went from quiet to all-out-meltdown in about 10secs! there was no "grizzle" phase!

Pains - tell me about them!  my lower back/pelvis was particularly bad last pregnancy from about 22wks - well this time it's been bad from about 15wks... I find the Ob isn't particularly phased by things that don't effect bubs (ie my comfort lol!) so last time I did aqua aerobics which seemed to help. I was thinking of getting those pregnancy shorts, but debating if the $189 is worth it!

Having my morph scan tomorrow... not finding out the gender but excited to see bubs!

#13 RachealJane

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:03 AM

Good luck with your scans girls.... mine is Friday, can't wait!! We'll be finding out the sex this time, my feeling is a boy.

#14 Blossom73

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:06 AM

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! I'm glad its over now as I didn't find it terribly restful - we travelled 4 hours to the inlaws, stayed 2 days, then drove 4 hours home and DS was very out of sorts and very clingy with me. Plus sleeping in a different bed was awful for my back so I was very glad to be home last night and in my own bed.

I'm concerned about the newborn stage and having DS to care for as well. We are going to keep him at childcare 2 days per week as we need to keep his spot. DS did not sleep through the night until 11 months, and was underweight for a few months so was unsettled so I am hoping this time will be a bit easier and I will be more on top of things.

#15 maddy01

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:57 AM

Hi everyone!

Seems like a few lurkers are outing themselves and joining the group... So I thought I would do the same. I'm due on 29 May, so I think about 18 weeks. It's number three for us so I've lost track of the weeks! Anyway I have been enjoying reading along with all of your experiences as this pregnancy has progressed, so it's only fair I should share something of mine at last.

Some of you may remember a thread I started a couple of months back about expecting a surprise baby...  ohmy.gif Well that was me. Very happily finished with my childbearing, with two lovely, noisy little boys keeping us very busy, then lo and behold we discovered we were pregnant again in what I have been describing as a 'contraceptive system failure'. It was very comforting at the time to have so many replies with a few similar experiences. I guess life throws these things at you, and really it's a wonderful thing. We have got out heads around it now and are pretty excited, even though it means we'll eventually have to move house, get a bigger car, won't be able to travel for a while etc etc. but all is good.

That said, we took no chances this time round and I had a CVS at 12 weeks, and we didn't announce beyond closest friends and family until after the results were in.

Looking forward to sharing the rest of this pregnancy with you all...  original.gif

Mad x

#16 Blossom73

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:12 AM

Welcome to all the newbies!

Forgot to say, had our scan last Friday and Bean2 looks great - everything was fine, and so nice to see B2 moving around. I'm still not feeling a lot of movement but am not worried (yet) as I know I have an anterior placenta.

#17 yoohooyou

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:41 AM

Had my scan this morning which went for nearly two hours as "it" as it is loving known, wouldn't stop moving. In the end they called the doctor and the chief radiographer and had me doing what felt like yoga poses to try and get the shots. My very supportive DH just laughed all the way through at me.

Didn't find out the gender but I am so certain that it is going to be a boy I don't really need to! Everything looks great and some parts are tracking ahead of schedule and some right on schedule. Also my d/s risk is smaller again after they checked the nuchal fold and the nasal bone which are both looking really good, so that's a relief.

Maddy I hear you about the surprise and getting your head around it. We are only just starting to tell people now at 21 weeks as we wanted to make sure everything was good and it is sometimes a hard thing to work into conversation -i.e. "Happy Christmas. Oh yeah, remember when I said about 100 times there was no way that I was having anymore kids and I was completely done with babies? Guess what, I'm having one".

It is quite amusing to what people's reactions but the thing that happens almost immediately is not "congratulations", but - "was it planned"?  DH gets sick of it, so has now started replying that he's not sure, you'd have to ask ... (me) and who ever the father is...

#18 SFML

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:46 PM

Ha I like you're husbands humour scutterbug.  
We were very much a surprise pregnancy to friends and family so receive the "was it planned" question a lot - my responses vary depending upon the mood but usually some sort of quip wink.gif

#19 starfire

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

We had our scan this afternoon and it took forever to get all the photos in as baby was moving too much and wouldn't flip over to finalise the last bit of the scan.

I ended up having to be told to go for a 20 minute walk to make baby flip over and then come back in to finish the last bit of the scan. Unfortunately baby didn't flip over but we were able to get some tricky shots around baby and they seemed to be happy with that. But boy, my stomach is so sore now from being pressed down so hard!

We also got to find out the gender which was lucky considering the lady told us we may not be able to since baby didn't flip over!

It's a pink bundle! ppinkstork.gif  eexcite.gif

ETA - sorry in my excitment, I forgot to add that baby is very healthy and all is fine, no complications!  blush.gif

Edited by starfire, 27 December 2012 - 05:38 PM.

#20 Beancat

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:16 AM

QUOTE (maddy01 @ 27/12/2012, 11:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi everyone!

Seems like a few lurkers are outing themselves and joining the group... So I thought I would do the same. I'm due on 29 May, so I think about 18 weeks. It's number three for us so I've lost track of the weeks! Anyway I have been enjoying reading along with all of your experiences as this pregnancy has progressed, so it's only fair I should share something of mine at last.

Some of you may remember a thread I started a couple of months back about expecting a surprise baby...  ohmy.gif Well that was me. Very happily finished with my childbearing, with two lovely, noisy little boys keeping us very busy, then lo and behold we discovered we were pregnant again in what I have been describing as a 'contraceptive system failure'. It was very comforting at the time to have so many replies with a few similar experiences. I guess life throws these things at you, and really it's a wonderful thing. We have got out heads around it now and are pretty excited, even though it means we'll eventually have to move house, get a bigger car, won't be able to travel for a while etc etc. but all is good.

That said, we took no chances this time round and I had a CVS at 12 weeks, and we didn't announce beyond closest friends and family until after the results were in.

Looking forward to sharing the rest of this pregnancy with you all...  original.gif

Mad x

hi Mad we are in the same boat!   had decided on two and I had a Mirena put in but it sent me crazy and within a couple of months of having it removed was pregnant again.  Couldnt believe it.  Like you guys I think its taken us a while to get our head around it, especially as DD is only currently 11 months.  We will need a bigger house in a few years.  Luckily we have a Ford Territory so can fit in 3 car seats.  I am considering tubal ligation at the same time as the delivery (I am having a c/s) so we dont accidently have a 4th!

I am sick of everyone asking was it a mistake/planned?  People can be so rude.  Our response now is, well not exactly  planned but not avoided either and very much wanted.

On another note, I have very sore ligaments.  Apparently it gets worse with each pregnancy and even worse if you've had ceasars.

#21 Blossom73

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:25 AM

Pregnancy insomnia is the worst! I've been awake since 1 am! AUGH.

#22 RachealJane

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:46 AM

Had my ultrasound this morning. Bub is perfect and the placenta is totally out of the way of the cervix. And its a girl!!  babygirl.gif

#23 Blossom73

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:02 AM

Congrats Racheal Jane!

#24 elsea

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:03 AM

Yay for the pink bundles!

Our scan went well yesterday, but LOTS of prodding and pushing and then a walk around to get bubs to flip over... poor little thing is squished low in my pelvis with the placenta on top! (no wonder my pelvis is achy!)
It was all fine and we aren't finding out the gender until it arrives!
The placenta is apparently 4cm from the top of the cervix - Dr Google thinks that's fine, so I'll just ask Ob when I see her in Feb... I have an anterior placenta this time...

ho hum, Christmas is over, no plans for New Years - life with a toddler can be a bit boring! (unless you keep him up too late lol!)

#25 RachealJane

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:22 AM

Thanks girls.

Sorry your pregnancy insomnia is so bad blossom73. I'm sometimes awake for 2 hours in the middle of the night but have always managed to get back to sleep.

Els - I dont have any plans for new years either. But we normally go camping or at least have a BBQ with friends but we're not doing anything this time.

I'm thinking now to keep myself busy I might start going through DDs old clothes to see what I need, can't wait to start setting everything up biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

A mum's tragic battle against inflammatory breast cancer

At just 37 years of age, with two young sons, Vicki was diagnosed with inflammatory breast cancer. Now her family wants all women to know the symptoms.

The business of babies around the world

Pregnancy and birth is an intriguing process no matter where you are in the world. One soon-to-be father gleans wisdom from a new guide.

Finding a positive path through IVF

It’s not surprising that IVF is often seen as a negative journey towards the ultimate positive, but having a glass-half-full approach can make a big difference to the experience.

Giving strangers the gift of parenthood

A mum explains why she and her husband are choosing to gift their leftover embryos to help strangers achieve their dream of parenthood.

Does morning sickness get better or worse with each child?

Just as every baby is unique, so is every pregnancy. And that means morning sickness can vary a lot, too.

What's so wrong with looking 'mumsy', anyway?

Why is it that the word ‘mumsy’ has connotations of such a negative nature – but seems to be the only other option apart from ‘yummy’?

Trying to speed up the inevitable

As the waiting game of late pregnancy continues, this mum considers a few things that might hurry things up a little.

One month later: where is William Tyrell?

It has been a little over a month since William Tyrell disappeared from his grandmother's home, 33 long sleepless nights for his family as they mourn the absence of their cheeky young boy.

Winter's child less likely to be moody: study

Babies born in the summer are much more likely to suffer from mood swings when they grow up, while those born in the winter are less likely to become irritable adults, scientists claim.

Single mum of two creates award-winning baby app

Suddenly single with a baby and an 11-year-old son, Tara O?Connell developed an app to improve the lives of mothers who were similarly overwhelmed.

Food for thought: looking after yourself as a new mum

As soon as your baby enters the world, everything else takes a back seat - even the necessities of daily life such as eating are severely compromised, right when you need energy the most.

'Grabbable guts' campaign aims to cut toxic fat

The Live Lighter campaign will take people inside the human body to show the internal dangers of being overweight.

The best and worst month of my life

A new mum's first month of motherhood didn't pan out as expected when she lost a family member weeks after her baby's birth.

Facebook and Apple offer to pay female staff to freeze their eggs

Facebook and Apple are hoping to provide women with the freedom to build their careers without the added pressure of having children at or by a certain age.

How a pregnancy contract could work for you and your partner

The idea of making a 'pregnancy contract' with your partner may sound a bit silly at first, but it can help make the transition to parenthood a lot smoother.

Finding a mum-friendly personal trainer

Burping babies vs burpees – yes, new mums and personal trainers live in different worlds. But they can work together - once you find the right match for you and your lifestyle.

Alleged baby snatch incident a ?misunderstanding?, say police

Police say that an incident in which a man pulled on a woman?s pram while walking a popular Sydney route late last month was a misunderstanding.

Ebola killed my aunt and is shutting down my country

Three weeks ago, my auntie, a midwife, developed a fever. Sitting here in Sydney basked in Australian sunshine, that shouldn't be big news.

The night my ovary burst

One mum shares her frightening experience and vows to never take her health for granted again.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

16 parenting truths you won't find in the baby books

I am five years into this parenting gig and I’ve learnt that sleepless nights and changing dirty nappies are child’s play.

Best and worst potty party cakes

It's nice to celebrate a child making the shift from nappies to 'big kid' undies, but do we really need a semi-realistic used toilet cake to do it? Here are some of the best and worst cakes parents have used at 'potty parties' around the world.

7 tips for a financially festive Christmas

Plan ahead - and do it now - to ensure festive season expenses don't break the bank.

'Go the F*** to Sleep' author's new book for frustrated parents

A sequel is coming soon to the 2011 hit book 'Go the F*** to Sleep' - and this time, it's about mealtimes.

Great birthday party buys from Etsy

Handmade crafts to decorate and personalise your child's next birthday - from banners to cake decorations, we've got gorgeous party finds from Etsy.

Creative storage ideas for the kids' rooms

Creative and practical storage ideas for the kids' toys and books can also add some stylish decor to your home. Visit babyology.com.au for more stylish modern finds for hip kids & parents.

The mum who never met her baby

There was one more thing Kymberlie Shepherd wanted to experience in life - motherhood. But a rare illness took her first.

To the mum in the doctor's waiting room

Maybe the mum I saw in that waiting room, seemingly disconnected from her baby, doesn’t have the support she needs.

10 space-saving nursery ideas

Starting a family doesn't always mean moving into a bigger house - not yet, anyway.

What's in a name?

Baby Names

Looking for a classic name, or an unusual name? Our Baby Name Finder is for you, search or browse to refine your shortlist.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.