What do your kids want for Christmas...
That they are NOT getting??

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 KatakaGeoGirl

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:31 AM

DD1: A pony.

DD2: A puppy or a bunny.

Why the creatures lol? We will get a puppy but not until after we've moved. Highly doubt a pony is on our agenda.

Sorry to disappoint girls!

ETA DD1 also wanted a new house of our own - we got that!  eexcite.gif Moving on the 1st of Feb. So one very very big wish came true!

Edited by Katakacpk, 24 December 2012 - 11:32 AM.

#2 Expelliarmus

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:37 AM

A dog - we don't have an intact fence.

#3 katbalou

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:50 AM

I-anything.  Minecraft.  DS's.  X-box.  Wii.  Awful mummy.  They spend so much time looking at screens, I don't want to give them anything that will encourage it.   I'm not against them watching TV or using the computer, but they do it enough already.  I always give them outdoor stuff.  Get the hint - get outside!

#4 ~Supernova~

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:54 AM

Copious amounts of barbie stuff. She already has enough for about 10 children.

She is however, getting the fijit (sp?) she so dearly wants.

ETA she also wants a cat, but she asks for one on a regular basis, not just for Christmas lol. Not ever, ever happening.

Edited by Mareek, 24 December 2012 - 11:55 AM.

#5 Feral Cancerian

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:57 AM

Trash Packs. I looked at them, but they seemed ridiculously overpriced and the sort of thing that are soon lost. She's still talking about them *sigh*.

#6 sophiasmum

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:57 AM

Sorry DS, but you are not getting a much wished for iPod Touch, you got a Nintendo DSi last christmas. I told DH beforehand it should have been an iPod like his older sister was getting, but DH said get the DSi instead & now here we are with DS wishing it was an iPod rolleyes.gif

#7 WhatWouldBuffyDo

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:01 PM

An Ipod touch each, a puppy and a big pool.

#8 ttc3

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:05 PM

An ipad, their own computer and a mobile phone....they are both preschoolers!!

#9 deejie

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:05 PM

DS1 just wants a bike. Ironic, considering he can't actually pedal.

DS2 is too small to know what is going on but would be happy if we let him eat watermelon all day biggrin.gif

#10 IsolaBella

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:06 PM

Star Wars ATAT walker in Lego
Lego Death Star

The above is about $1k with of Lego

The are getting the Lego Millenium Falcon and Jabba's Palace... Which I paid $250 for both. Going to two boys.

#11 Fr0g

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:08 PM

DS is not getting a much-coveted XBox... every year he misses out, don't know why he keeps asking. It makes most of the rest of his list moot; Black Ops, Black Ops 3 etc.

DD is not getting an i-anything either. No iPad, iPod, iWant, or iNeed.

#12 Nanaimo Girl

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:08 PM

Ipod
Ipad
Iphone

#13 frozie

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:10 PM

Minecraft Lego.. purely because he left the request too late.  His birthday is in January so I will surprise him with it then  wink.gif

#14 TarneeW

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:20 PM

My 6 & 4yo's want their own iPads! We had to have the talk that Santa my not be able to get iPads for kids as it took mummy 34 years to get one....

DD4, still wants to keep it on her list "just in case" original.gif

#15 kadoodle

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:27 PM

A horse.

#16 Wahwah

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:32 PM

I got lucky in part this year. Little one wants a fairy book that has the same title as her name. Other one wants a Lego tie fighter.

Santa has happily obliged. And chucked in a few extras.

They also want their uncle to come from overseas to hang out with them for Xmas.  Santa can't help with that one.

Edited by Wahwah, 24 December 2012 - 12:33 PM.

#17 LynnyP

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:40 PM

Pogo stick.  I just can't bring myself to.

#18 TeaTimeTreat

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:40 PM

Lego x a million, he is getting a little bit from us and some from my parents and his cousins.

#19 Futhermore

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:55 PM

My daughter is getting nothing on her list because it is all too expensive - motor bike, pool, i-phone - not happening.  She's getting season 3 of Glee, book 3 in a series she likes, a dress she pointed out in the shops, a light shade and cushions for her room she's been asking for.  Perhaps a bit of a disapointing haul but she has everything else affordable/practical and couldn't think of anything under $300.

DS got everything on his list because it was actually do-able - a skateboard, skylander's giants plus an extra character, flippers.

Edited by ~maryanne~, 24 December 2012 - 12:56 PM.

#20 Feral Madam Mim

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:09 PM

A yoyo, and the stupid Santa told DD she would get one aswell, but we haven't gotten her one and don't plan to either, I can see it being swung around too much.

#21 sikchic

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:13 PM

DD1 a skate board we opted for a huffy slider

DD2 a pony, a dog, a cat

#22 lucky 2

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:21 PM

A dog or a cat.

#23 melandned

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:21 PM

all the lego i ordered from america sad.gif

or an iphone - i dont think so kiddo!

#24 RogerRabbit

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:24 PM

QUOTE (frozie @ 24/12/2012, 01:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Minecraft Lego.. purely because he left the request too late.  His birthday is in January so I will surprise him with it then  wink.gif

DS1 wanted Minecraft Lego, so had a look - I am not paying $50 - $100 for that tidy little box and when I know he could create his own. He has already made his own Angry Bird Lego World, Wall E Lego and a number of others. I told him if I see it on special than I will buy it for I am

#25 Mummzy

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:24 PM

DS 4 years keeps asking for Trash packs. They look rubbish and cheap so I got him a little set for his stocking. He also asked for a transformer. I bought him the 3 big ones and my mum bought him a little one so he has everything he has asked for plus a lot more.

DS aged nearly 2 hasn't asked for anything. So he's easy.  wink.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

A mum's tragic battle against inflammatory breast cancer

At just 37 years of age, with two young sons, Vicki was diagnosed with inflammatory breast cancer. Now her family wants all women to know the symptoms.

The business of babies around the world

Pregnancy and birth is an intriguing process no matter where you are in the world. One soon-to-be father gleans wisdom from a new guide.

Finding a positive path through IVF

It’s not surprising that IVF is often seen as a negative journey towards the ultimate positive, but having a glass-half-full approach can make a big difference to the experience.

Giving strangers the gift of parenthood

A mum explains why she and her husband are choosing to gift their leftover embryos to help strangers achieve their dream of parenthood.

Does morning sickness get better or worse with each child?

Just as every baby is unique, so is every pregnancy. And that means morning sickness can vary a lot, too.

What's so wrong with looking 'mumsy', anyway?

Why is it that the word ‘mumsy’ has connotations of such a negative nature – but seems to be the only other option apart from ‘yummy’?

Trying to speed up the inevitable

As the waiting game of late pregnancy continues, this mum considers a few things that might hurry things up a little.

One month later: where is William Tyrell?

It has been a little over a month since William Tyrell disappeared from his grandmother's home, 33 long sleepless nights for his family as they mourn the absence of their cheeky young boy.

Winter's child less likely to be moody: study

Babies born in the summer are much more likely to suffer from mood swings when they grow up, while those born in the winter are less likely to become irritable adults, scientists claim.

Single mum of two creates award-winning baby app

Suddenly single with a baby and an 11-year-old son, Tara O?Connell developed an app to improve the lives of mothers who were similarly overwhelmed.

Food for thought: looking after yourself as a new mum

As soon as your baby enters the world, everything else takes a back seat - even the necessities of daily life such as eating are severely compromised, right when you need energy the most.

'Grabbable guts' campaign aims to cut toxic fat

The Live Lighter campaign will take people inside the human body to show the internal dangers of being overweight.

The best and worst month of my life

A new mum's first month of motherhood didn't pan out as expected when she lost a family member weeks after her baby's birth.

Facebook and Apple offer to pay female staff to freeze their eggs

Facebook and Apple are hoping to provide women with the freedom to build their careers without the added pressure of having children at or by a certain age.

How a pregnancy contract could work for you and your partner

The idea of making a 'pregnancy contract' with your partner may sound a bit silly at first, but it can help make the transition to parenthood a lot smoother.

Finding a mum-friendly personal trainer

Burping babies vs burpees – yes, new mums and personal trainers live in different worlds. But they can work together - once you find the right match for you and your lifestyle.

Alleged baby snatch incident a ?misunderstanding?, say police

Police say that an incident in which a man pulled on a woman?s pram while walking a popular Sydney route late last month was a misunderstanding.

Ebola killed my aunt and is shutting down my country

Three weeks ago, my auntie, a midwife, developed a fever. Sitting here in Sydney basked in Australian sunshine, that shouldn't be big news.

The night my ovary burst

One mum shares her frightening experience and vows to never take her health for granted again.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

16 parenting truths you won't find in the baby books

I am five years into this parenting gig and I’ve learnt that sleepless nights and changing dirty nappies are child’s play.

Best and worst potty party cakes

It's nice to celebrate a child making the shift from nappies to 'big kid' undies, but do we really need a semi-realistic used toilet cake to do it? Here are some of the best and worst cakes parents have used at 'potty parties' around the world.

7 tips for a financially festive Christmas

Plan ahead - and do it now - to ensure festive season expenses don't break the bank.

'Go the F*** to Sleep' author's new book for frustrated parents

A sequel is coming soon to the 2011 hit book 'Go the F*** to Sleep' - and this time, it's about mealtimes.

Great birthday party buys from Etsy

Handmade crafts to decorate and personalise your child's next birthday - from banners to cake decorations, we've got gorgeous party finds from Etsy.

Creative storage ideas for the kids' rooms

Creative and practical storage ideas for the kids' toys and books can also add some stylish decor to your home. Visit babyology.com.au for more stylish modern finds for hip kids & parents.

The 'yucky' illness that took over my life

I have a chronic illness nobody likes to discuss, as it involves toilet talk. But it needs to be talked about.

To the mum in the doctor's waiting room

Maybe the mum I saw in that waiting room, seemingly disconnected from her baby, doesn’t have the support she needs.

10 space-saving nursery ideas

Starting a family doesn't always mean moving into a bigger house - not yet, anyway.

What's in a name?

Baby Names

Looking for a classic name, or an unusual name? Our Baby Name Finder is for you, search or browse to refine your shortlist.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.