#1 Walkers

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:28 AM

Nora/Norah with or without the H?
Alba
Tabitha
Aurora
Frida/Freda/Freida

Which do you prefer?

Please add to the list.  Love uncommon (not too weird) names, frilly is also welcome  original.gif

ETA left Nadia and Faye off the list
also adding Dominique and Veronica

Edited by FoxyRetro*Gal, 02 January 2013 - 02:47 PM.

#2 axiomae

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:32 AM

Love Aurora - not a fan of Frieda or Alba. Tabitha ok.

#3 Harmonica

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:32 AM

Stella
Linnea
Camilla
Analeise

From your list I prefer Nora!

#4 Jessie_T

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:33 AM

I am having an Allegra if I have a girl. Allegra Paige original.gif Also on the list, Mackenzie and I love sienna. But Mackenzie and sienna are really popular. I adore Allegra and love the fact it's normal but not commonly used original.gif

#5 happynow

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:38 AM

We are using Tabitha  and Abigail will be the middle name

#6 José

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:44 AM

I love Adeline.  Claudia is also pretty. I also like xanthe and Scarlett.

#7 Tarantara

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:49 AM

LOVE Freida, also love Aurora but I think it is quite popular.

If I were lucky enough to have another baby and she was a girl, I wouldn't be able to use either, yet both are in my top three names!

#8 laridae

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:51 AM

Lydia

#9 Feral Mozzie

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:53 AM

Emilia  wub.gif

#10 emlis22

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:11 AM

Great list! Nora is a favourite of mine, and I honestly don't know which spelling I prefer. It used to be Norah but I *think* I favour Nora now. Tabitha is also a fave.

Talitha
Anthea
Lorena
Celestia
Liora
Zinnia
Ornella
Annora/h

#11 ~spirited~

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:12 AM

Love Nora. Have you also thought of Lenore?

Ramona

Freya

Nina

#12 CharliMarley

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:17 AM

Amalie and Marli - I like and I don't like Nora.

#13 WithSprinkles

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:40 AM

I like Nora best from your list original.gif

Other suggestions:
Freya
Maeve
Catalina
Delilah (Lila)
Loretta (Etta)
Genevieve
Cordelia (Delia)
Penelope
Lorelei
Dorothy (Dottie/Dot is a cute nn)
Vivienne
Josephine (Josie)
Alexandra
Greta
Sarina

#14 steppy

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:53 AM

I have an Indonesian friend whose Indonesian name was Farida, meaning unique. I like Farida better than Frieda. I have also seen it spelt Farieda.

#15 Funky Cold Ribena

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:53 AM

Love Tabitha and Aurora.

Names we had lined up for DD and DS (if he'd been a girl)...

-Pixie
-Etienne ( actually a boy's name, French for Stephen, but I knew a lovely woman called Etienne so it stuck).
- Saffron
- Nina
- Fern
- Zara
- Seraphine

#16 Dylan's Mummy

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:02 AM

Asha
Ariel

#17 momerath

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:04 AM

I love Aurora, have you considered Aurelia?

#18 millej13

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:07 AM

Our daughter is Ayla - I think it's beautiful!!

#19 Gudrun

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:35 AM

I don't find Nora/h to be pretty. The rest I do. In order:

1.Nadia

2.Aurora

3.Frieda or Frida or Freda.
(the spelling is a bit vexed. While the Freida spelling is a well established one from England it just seems a bit wrong because of where it comes from. Frieda from the German or Frida from the Scandinavian are both good. With Freida it illustrates how English speakers don't mind which way the letters of the diphthong go. Anyway it has a good meaning. Freda is good too with a different derivation.)

4. Alba

5. Tabitha

All good names!

I like Faye for a middle name.

I like Laridae's suggestion of Lydia.

Others:

Frederica/Frederika
Zelda
Jemima
Edwina
Nancy
Cynthia
Sybilla
Dymphna
Lilith
Flora
Sylvia

Edited by Gudrun, 24 December 2012 - 11:36 AM.

#20 ~THE~MAGICIAN~

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:39 AM

None of those are my thing, sorry.

Some suggestions:

Felicity
Bridget
Breanne
Julia
Naomi
Katya

#21 Feral Madam Mim

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:19 PM

I only really like Aurora from your list OP

Aurelia
Seraphina
Freya
Alethea
Anya
Morgana
Emmeline
Greta
Hazel
Amelie

#22 Tigerdog

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:23 PM

QUOTE (happynow @ 24/12/2012, 10:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We are using Tabitha  and Abigail will be the middle name

Tabby Abby.  Cute!

#23 Shirley Sue

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:33 PM

Prefer Norah - looks more complete.

Cecelia  wub.gif
Maeve  wub.gif . I can't use it as I have a cat with this name.
Mae
Eloise
Layla
Violet
Bridget/Brigid
Collette
Fiona ( wub.gif my dd's name)
April
Sheila
Ashling
Eleanor/Ellen
Tara
Mary

#24 Banana Pancakes

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:34 PM

I love, love, love Norah and I also love Lenora. Aurora is also nice.

#25 la di dah

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:37 PM

I love Aurora, Tabitha, and Nora.

Other ones I like that are uncommon afaik.

Opal - I toy with this as I love it as an Australian gem. Also I would call her Polly for short and I love Polly for some reason.
Marigold
Magnolia
Rosemary - Romy/Rory, and I like the "rememberance" aspect. I like Rosamund too.
Iliana
Jessamine
Eliora
Morwenna
Kezia, Ketzia - Biblical, pretty meaning, "cinnamon." I've known girls named Cinnamon too but I like Kezia or Ketzia. I would call her Zia or Kitty (for Ketzia it works well I think) for short.
Vesper
Verity
Briar
Katia/Katya/Katja but I like Katia best.
Reina
Xanthe
Shoshana/Susannah
Elowen - I am not even slightly Welsh/UK-ish, even generations ago, so I really have no good explanation for my affection for Elowen, Anwen, Branwen, Rhoswen, etc. but that's why I married some Aussie guy so I can proxy it.

Edited by la di dah, 24 December 2012 - 01:41 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

16 parenting truths you won't find in the baby books

I am five years into this parenting gig and I’ve learnt that sleepless nights and changing dirty nappies are child’s play.

Best and worst potty party cakes

It's nice to celebrate a child making the shift from nappies to 'big kid' undies, but do we really need a semi-realistic used toilet cake to do it? Here are some of the best and worst cakes parents have used at 'potty parties' around the world.

7 tips for a financially festive Christmas

Plan ahead - and do it now - to ensure festive season expenses don't break the bank.

'Go the F*** to Sleep' author's new book for frustrated parents

A sequel is coming soon to the 2011 hit book 'Go the F*** to Sleep' - and this time, it's about mealtimes.

Great birthday party buys from Etsy

Handmade crafts to decorate and personalise your child's next birthday - from banners to cake decorations, we've got gorgeous party finds from Etsy.

Creative storage ideas for the kids' rooms

Creative and practical storage ideas for the kids' toys and books can also add some stylish decor to your home. Visit babyology.com.au for more stylish modern finds for hip kids & parents.

Student shocked by surprise baby

Kate Hudson, 22, was on a dream European holiday with friends. She didn't realise she was about to become a mum.

To the mum in the doctor's waiting room

Maybe the mum I saw in that waiting room, seemingly disconnected from her baby, doesn’t have the support she needs.

10 space-saving nursery ideas

Starting a family doesn't always mean moving into a bigger house - not yet, anyway.

What's in a name?

Baby Names

Looking for a classic name, or an unusual name? Our Baby Name Finder is for you, search or browse to refine your shortlist.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.