Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:21 PM

New thread time ladies.

Here's the link to your old thread.

Cheers,
~Mintie~

#2 Satay Chicken

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:25 AM

Ah, new thread!!

Just popping in to wish you all a very Merry Christmas, certainly is a special one!  Hope you all have a lovely day tomorrow with your families, except we cannot get blotto  mad.gif !~~

All ok here, thinking I am finally getting some very slight movement from the baby (about two inches below my belly button, bit like gas??), I hope so anyway.  Ob appointment Friday...

Take care all....   xmas_cool.gif

#3 scruff101

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:42 AM

SILVER

I'd say that you're starting to feel movement satay, how exciting and just in time for Christmas too - it was how it started for me as well, kind of felt like bubbles popping  biggrin.gif

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas, and yes, it certainly is a special one this year...

(spare a thought for me - not only can't I drink, I also have to control my blood sugar as well so I can't indulge in sweets/pastries/cakes or too many carb laden foods either!    mad.gif   sad.gif   cry1.gif  )

Sorry, vent over - I suppose there are worse things to whinge about

Edited by scruff101, 24 December 2012 - 07:44 AM.

#4 nande

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:59 AM

Hi Girls,

Very quiet in here, hope that means you've all had a great Christmas and are enjoying a break. I'm on holidays at the moment at Hawks Nest loving the sunshine on my belly.

I'm 24 weeks today, feels like a bit of a mile stone, and I'm very excited that after tomorrow we won't be saying our babies are due next year anymore hooray.

Have a great New Years girls xx

#5 Magenta_

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:50 AM

Hi there,

It is really, really quiet in here.   unsure.gif
I've got nothing much to report.  My next Ob appointment is 15w3d on the 8th of January so not too far away now.  Hey! That's next Tuesday!

Being due the end of June I'm quite far behind you guys but it's nice to hear what's around the corner for me.

Hawks Nest is gorgeous Nande, enjoy your holiday!

That sucks about the cakes Scruff!... I've been eating so much fruit it's ridiculous but then yesterday I ate an entire batch of crepes with brown sugar & lemon juice!  It was delicious but I hope it's not a everyday thing or I'll be the size of a house before the 2nd trimester ends!

Hi to anyone else popping in!  Hope you are all cruising along nicely.

Magenta xx

#6 Satay Chicken

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:12 AM

Happy New Year!! Hope everyone is really well!!!

I haven't been on here as my internet ran out on 28th so only just come back on today - been thinking of you all though!

Just cruising here although feeling uncomfortable walking, I get alot of muscle cramping and stretching and its such an yuck feeling.  Had my Ob appointment last Friday and all good there - HB fine, now just waiting on Morph scan next Wednesday.. quite excited to find out the sex.

Christmas was ok.. DH's family were so excited about the baby (we saw them on Xmas eve), it was a little overwhelming all the attention but nice none the less.  My family on the other had showed little interest, my mum hardly mentioned my pregnancy on Xmas day, didn't comment on my tummy, didn't say how excited she was to either DH or I.  I've been very down about it over the last few days, alot of tears and I'm quite angry - better today though, just exceedingly disappointing.  Her comments were weird too - "Don't expect me to buy anything for the baby because I am not" - fine, don't then!.. anyway, its a New Year.

Scruff - How did you end up going on Xmas day on all that boring food, must have been tough but you made it through..  I bet you are already thinking about what you are going to eat once the baby comes.

Nande - I know! This is our year hey, how exciting!  Hope you are enjoying your holiday - you got some great weather up there.

Magenta - I cannot believe how far along you are now...  all the very best for your next appointment next week...

Everyone else - take care and hope to hear from you all soon.

F xx

#7 1sttimelucky

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

hey guys,

i m due at the end of June and am just starting to feel a bit more 'pregnant' original.gif so i thought i would join you!

i have just started a topic about amnio after PGD - has anyone here been through pre-implantation genetic testing and have been recommended an amnio?

i hope everyone had a great chrissy and NYE, mine was very quiet but nice. just so excited to see 2013 here and count down till June!

x

#8 Fingers Crossed!!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:13 AM

Hi ladies - happy new year!!

Sorry I havent been on here but just got back from my leave abroad so havent had the chance to log on - was lovely seeing all the family but was exhausting and long haul flying was pretty tough on me and the bump!!

will try and do a few personals but sorry for those I miss:

1sttimelucky - sorry I cant help with your query but hope you get some answers soon xx

Satay - argh morph scan this week! So exciting and cant wait to find out what youre having! Sorry to hear about the lack of interest from your mum - maybe it doesnt feel real for her yet but still no excuse! At least DH's family went some way in making up for it xx how are those kicks/movements going?

Hi Magenta - hope your appointment tomorrow goes well xx

nande - I know - it feels so exciting to be able to say we are having a baby THIS year!!! yippee!

Scruff - def felt for you over Xmas as I completely over indulged and can only imagine how hard it must have been for you to not!! I have my glucose test on Wednesday so hope my over indulgence hasnt done any damage although I dont seem to have put any weight on which is good!!

AFM - am 27 weeks this week and starting to feel it!! Bump has definitely grown while I was away and getting so many kicks its lovely - friends and family were all able to see/feel it while I was at home and was thoroughly spoiled!!

As I mentioned above I completely over indulged but dont seem to have put any weight on which is good - so my weight gain to date has been average for my size and pre pregnancy weight which is great! got brought a lot of stuff for the baby while I was at home which was ace and can now start thinking about getting stuff ready as we were holding off until after Xmas x

Have my next appointment on Weds along with glucose test... wish me luck!
x

#9 Magenta_

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:46 AM

Hi FingersCrossed,

Glad you had such a lovely time O/S.  It must be getting really really real now!  biggrin.gif

Thanks for the well wishes for my appointment tomorrow. DH is working so my Mum is coming with me which is nice in one way (she's out of control excited) but it kind of makes me nervous too.  Coming from AC land and such a long time getting to this point I always have that "what if" worry plus I can't really ask personal questions while Mum's there either.  Oh well, I guess I'll just have the checkup and call them afterwards if there's something I need to know.  huh.gif

Hi to everyone else!!!
Magenta xx

EDITED TO UPDATE: Scan went well. Phew!

Edited by Magenta_, 08 January 2013 - 09:22 AM.

#10 Satay Chicken

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

1sttimelucky - Congratulations and so pleased you found us here!  Hope you are having an uneventful pregnancy!!

Fingers - Welcome back and so pleased you had such a fabulous time OS, i'm so jealous you got in some travelling before bub arrives.

Magenta - Fabulous news that your scan went well, its such a releif isn't it to get through and for everything to be ok...  well done.

Everyone else, hope you are all really well....

Well some news from me...... We are having a little boy!!  So excited although we were a touch shocked at the scan, we honestly thought a girl!  Don't care, just so happy to see baby is looking well, measuring on time and everything is in its right place, including his little testicles. happy.gif

I'm feeling ok although had alot of low pressure which has been hard over the last couple of weeks, my legs are aching too which worries me as I have to walk long distanced to work and back - just going to take it one week at a time and not stress too much if I cannot make it to Anzac Day...

Anyway, hope you are all ok, hope to hear how everyone is going too....xxx

Edited by Satay chicken, 09 January 2013 - 05:46 PM.

#11 TRR

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

Hi ladies,
I'm 20 weeks tomorrow, baby due 30th May 2013This little one is my rainbow baby. We lost Vallon on 20.2.2012, so I was pregnant around the same time as he was due on 21.5.2012. I don't look as this time frame as bad, we think that someone upstairs has other plans for us with these dates.
But... Can tell you things are playing on my mind. Everything with this little one is going like clock work. We are doing a lot of praying & it's working. With Vallons scan date coming up when we found out we lost him & his birthday coming up I can say I'm very scared & carnt wait to get over them. My husband has been a rock.
I know with what I'm trying to say you will understand & I just need to get this out.

Edited by TRR, 09 January 2013 - 07:13 PM.

#12 Magenta_

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:22 AM

Hi there,

Congratulations on 20 weeks!  I'm sorry for your previous loss and can only imagine how this is playing on your mind.  I'm coming up to 16 weeks and have moments when I worry.  We have nick-named our little one "Lucky" so whenever I'm feeling a bit anxious I just remind myself "Trust Lucky!".

Good luck!
Magenta xx

#13 Fingers Crossed!!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:39 AM

Hi ladies

Its gone very quiet in here!!

Welcome TRR and so sorry to hear about your previous loss - glad to hear all is going well with this baby x hope you get over those milestones with Vallon ok xx

Magenta - glad scan went well

Satay - another boy!!! awesome news!!! congratulations!

Hope everyone else is ok xx

AFM - had my midwife appointment which was pretty plain sailing, got the all clear on my blood work and glucose test which is great and bubs seemed pretty happy when she used the doppler x

quick question - is anyone being offered a growth scan in the third trimester? As I went public its not offered per se but only if the midwife feels she wants to check on the babys growth or position - maybe its just a hangover from my AC days but I think I would like a scan just for comfort so my doctor has given me a referral for a private scan...... will see how I go I suppose x

#14 Magenta_

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:54 AM

Hi FingersCrossed,

I'm going private so not sure!  I've got monthly appointments with my Ob/Gyn until 28 weeks which then become fortnightly, then weekly.  In addition, I have a morphology scan scheduled for 19w2d and not sure what others after that.  I'm just going with the flow and turning up whenever and wherever they tell me!  biggrin.gif

Hope everyone's doing great.

Magenta xx

#15 emso

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:30 PM

Good afternoon ladies!

Been a while since i posted!

Have an eviction notice for the boys. They will be joining us on the 13th of march at the absolute latest. Makes me get all excited and nervous at the same time. 8weeks to gofrom today. I dobelieve i will go earlier though. Feel like im running out of room.

I cant believe how far we have all come. It wont be long til we are allholding our babies!

Fingers crossed - im having growth scans every 3-4 weeks, plus scansin the obs rooms as well. They are doing these because of possible growth issues between identical twins and need to be monitorred in case one has restricted growth. Maybe you could ask your midwife for another scan to put yourmind at ease?

Our nursery ia finished and i think we have most things readyfor the boys. I will finish work next friday i am already counting down the hours left! Really struggling with energy and mobility these days, cant wait to laze about all day!

Hope everyone is travelling well!

#16 Fingers Crossed!!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

Wow emso you have an eviction date that is sooo exciting! and finishing up work - its all go for you!!

#17 nande

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

Hi girls,

Glad to see some action in here.

TRR - welcome x

Fingerscrossed - I'm going private and there are no plans for another scan. Last time around with dd I went to one of the 4D places around 30 weeks just because I wanted a peek and I loved seeing her little face.

Emso - wow how exciting, can't believe you'll be holding your babies so soon. How early is that?

As for me I had my gd test last week which was all clear and another OB appointment which went well, she's happy with how everything is going so all smooth sailing.
Starting to feel more uncomfortable especially in bed, not looking forward to getting bigger but can't wait to get to the end to be holding my bub.

xx

#18 Satay Chicken

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:39 AM

Welcome TRR!!  And congratulations on reaching 20 weeks!!

Nande - Fabulous you had a clear GD result and so pleased all is going well!  Hope you are feeling comfortable in the later months, not long now.

Magenta - When is your morph?  Must be any day now right??

Fingers - Another good GD result!!  I have mine coming up and I so hope its ok..

Emso!  biggrin.gif

Everyone else - hope you are all really well and cruising through!!

All going ok this end!  The little fella is really packing a punch now, cannot believe something that is 400grams could give me such a shock, happened twice yesterday, big hits too.  
Loving feeling him but also nervous about how much stronger the movement is going to get considering I am only 21 weeks... as long as he is well and happy, that should be enough right!

Got another OB appointment on Friday and presume I will get my referral for the GD test then, really want this over and done with but should be ok...

Anyway, another week!  Days go slow but the weeks are going fast...

PS - For anyone here who remembers Skoki from the Endurance Team, she had her little girl on Friday, all well and very excited.

Edited by Satay chicken, 21 January 2013 - 07:40 AM.

#19 Magenta_

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:34 PM

Hi Satay,

Sooooooo quiet in here!  Is everyone on FB or something? Morphology scan is tomorrow afternoon which we are looking forward to.  I feel less stressed about scans as times goes on thank goodness!

How's everyone doing?  Anything going on?  

Magenta xx

#20 Satay Chicken

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:18 AM

Hey Magenta.... not really on FB either...   shrug.gif  
Thought I would come in anyway this morning so glad to see you posted something otherwise I think I might have been posting to myself.
Anyway, all the very best for your morph tomorrow, I have found too that as time goes on I am feeling more relaxed.  Please let me know how you go...

Hope everyone is well - we must have some babies due very soon.......

No news from me, lots of kicking and not much sleeping.  Ob on Friday went well, belly mesuring 23cm at 23 weeks, spot on..

Edited by Satay chicken, 04 February 2013 - 07:19 AM.

#21 Fingers Crossed!!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:23 AM

yay glad to see some action in here! Its gone very quiet!

Magenta - good luck with the morph scan - are you finding out the sex of the bubs? Update us when you can and I know what you mean about feeling less stressed about scans - I think the morph was the first one I actually looked forward to (although I still got the worrywart in me the morning of the scan!)

Satay - great news that all ticking along well with you - 23 weeks has flown!! I know what you mean about the lots of kicking and not sleeping - its been going on for ages for me now and I feel like a walking zombie!!!

Hows everyone else doing?

AFM - am coming up to 31 weeks this week which is exciting and cannot wait to meet the little fella now! Have another midwife appointment on Weds and then they move to fortnightly so things are stepping up!! Getting very strong kicks and had my first kick in the ribs yesterday which was a little painful but love them every time!! He is kicking away now too and seems to be the busiest at the awkward times like when I am trying to sleep or am in meetings..!!

So have to work out when Im finishing up at work?! What are you ladies planning? I want to have a bit of time off before the baby arrives but who knows when that will be and dont want to sit around for 4 weeks bored out of my brain! My work isnt that hectic either so isnt too much effort - am thinking of working up until a week before at this stage - is that crazy talk?!!

#22 Magenta_

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:31 AM

That's wonderful news Satay... 23 weeks - how exciting!

Magenta xx

#23 Magenta_

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:30 PM

Hi there,

Scan went well today.  Measuring to date but quite tall and heavy at this stage but I guess that fluctuates over time.  DH and I are both tall so that could be it too.  Got to send 3D photos to the grandparents again which they loved.  Still feels really surreal!

Hope everyone's well!

Magenta xx

#24 nande

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:35 AM

Hi girls,

Glad to hear you have all had good scans and we are all getting closer to baby time  biggrin.gif

Fingerscrossed- we are at a similar stage, I'm feeling huge and exhausted and my little princess is sooo active, why are they always the most active at bed time too cheeky buggers.
I changed to 3 days at work this year so it was a little easier and I could have 2 days with my dd, but I am still finding it tough I was planning on finishing up last week of march but I've been so tired and achey if I can make my budget work I am going to finish end of this month (I'm contracting at the moment so I can leave whenever).

Anyone else have a sore itchy belly? I feel so big and stretched out don't know how I'm going to keep getting bigger.

Trying to keep fit too which is hard when I feel so tired and unmotivated, anyway I'm off to aqua aerobics this morning, first time in a couple of weeks I don't really want to but I'm going to go anyway  original.gif

Hope to hear more on here, love seeing how you are all going.

Lis xx

#25 Satay Chicken

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:46 PM

QUOTE (Magenta_ @ 04/02/2013, 11:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi there,

Scan went well today.  Measuring to date but quite tall and heavy at this stage but I guess that fluctuates over time.  DH and I are both tall so that could be it too.  Got to send 3D photos to the grandparents again which they loved.  Still feels really surreal!

Hope everyone's well!

Magenta xx

Yay Magenta!!!  Did you find out the sex or you going to have a suprise???

Nande - How are you??  I hear you on the tiredness and lack of motivation when it comes to exercise, I have been useless and starting to feel really bad about it...

Fingers - I hope to get through to Anzac Day.. would love to cut back but my mat leave is based on how many days I work when I finish up so makes it hard.  31 weeks, going so fast!  Pleased you are well.

Edited by Satay chicken, 05 February 2013 - 01:52 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Why Tracey Spicer has given up make-up

"After 30 years on television, I had become what I despised: a painted doll who spent an hour a day and close to $200 a week putting on a mask."

Empowering bikini photo of 46-year-old mum goes viral

When a group of teenagers made rude remarks about her body as she walked past them in a bikini at the local beach, Julie Cross refused to cover up.

Devastated widow discovers she's pregnant the day before husband's funeral

They had been trying to conceive a baby for seven years. Tragically Kristy Kirchner found out she was pregnant the day before her husband Royce's funeral.

Gabriella Goat sues Peppa Pig

Every toddler's favourite television pig is being sued by an Italian woman who shares a name with a Peppa Pig character.

Meet the Mpregs, the male pregnancy enthusiasts

"Men can't have babies - that's something only women can do! But our community is full of like-minded people who wish otherwise."

Your new motherhood survival kit

Forget about the bright, pretty baby things - while you're in survival mode, all you'll need are the essentials.

More than 100,000 cars recalled globally after death of pregnant woman

The announcement of a mass recall comes as Malaysian police investigate the death of pregnant woman in July.

Win a family pass to Disney Live!

We have 4 family passes to give away to see Disney Live! presents Three Classic Fairy Tales, touring Australia this December/January.

I had a 'good baby' but still suffered from postnatal depression

I had a much wanted precious baby girl, a 'good baby' who slept well, self settled and was mostly content. It just seemed implausible to think I could succumb to depression.

There's no need to eclipse a babymoon

As long as pregnant women do their research, travelling during pregnancy can be done safely.

Mum and daughter have babies on same day

"It's not really something you ever want or think could happen. To have my mum going through it with me is probably the most special, amazing thing ever.”

Our baby's reflux caused the longest endurance test of our lives

I'm glad she wasn't my first child, or I would have thought that this was normal.

Win one of 5 Little Tikes Cozy Coupe Sport

Australia?s No 1 selling car is now available in a Sports model and we have 5 to give away to some lucky Essential Baby families.

The podcast that reminds mums they are not alone

A mum's complicated, gruelling labour gave birth to two lovely beings: her daughter and her delightful podcast, The Longest Shortest Time.

Is it too late to change my midwife?

My wife is nine months pregnant and we are planning a home birth - but we've had late problems with our midwife team.

The Very Hungover Caterpillar: a parody many can relate to

A new book released this month will be sure to have parents nodding and giggling in recognition the world over.

Babywearers unite against misinformation

Everyone has heard of people power, but what about passionate babywearing power?

Reliving the birth experience

When people ask about how my labour went, I usually respond: "Good, I think? Four hours long, and yeah it hurt, but I dunno, it's labour, it's giving birth, it's painful... but I guess it was good? As good as good gets?"

Literary baby name inspiration

From Harry Potter to Shakespeare and everything in between, we've scoured the library shelves for literary baby name inspiration.

Preparing your child to attend a sibling's birth

Thinking about having your kids at the birth of your baby? Here are some things to consider.

Counselling helps mum deal with triplets' early birth

When Kimberlee King's waters broke nine weeks before her triplets were due, she went into autopilot as she packed her hospital bag.

The women balancing babies with new businesses

Motherhood teaches us that we can be more tolerant, patient, and loving than we ever thought possible - and can also show us that we're innovative, creative and entrepreneurial, too.

It's true, kids grow up overnight

A dad ponders how his toddler daughter can change so much in just one 24 hour period.

Father sings to dying son days after losing wife

A heartbreaking video shows a new dad singing 'Blackbird' to his dying son just days after losing his wife.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win one of 5 Little Tikes Cozy Coupe Sport

Australia?s No 1 selling car is now available in a Sports model and we have 5 to give away to some lucky Essential Baby families.

Join PADDINGTON on the red carpet!

To celebrate the release of PADDINGTON, we are giving five lucky winners the chance to win a family pass to the exclusive Australian Premiere in Sydney on December 7!

Knowing you are one of the lucky ones

I am secure, confident and strong, but the responsibility of protecting my children can almost bring me undone.

Why I am so emotional now I have kids?

There are so many ways in which parenthood changes us as women, but one of the most noticeable, for me, has been the changing state of my emotions.

Baby survives despite sharing womb with 'foreign body'

Baby Maia was conceived against the odds, only to find she was sharing a womb with an ominous "foreign body".

Video: Baby shows dog how to jump - or vice versa

They say dog is man's best friend, but this playful pooch seems to have chosen a jumping baby as her number one buddy.

10 ways to soothe a crying baby

New paernts can get frustrated when their newborn gets fussy and can't settle down. When you're feeling overwhelmed, try some of these simple tips to help soothe your baby.

20 baby names that are becoming more popular every year

The data-lovers at nameberry.com have been at it again – this time, they’ve discovered the names that are continually rising up the ranks, ready to take out some top spots in the next few years.

10 great meals to make for new parents

Ideally, you want to give food that isn’t expensive to make, isn't too difficult to create, and freezes well; stews, bakes, soups and pasta sauces are perfect.

'It's not you, it's me': Boston bombing survivor mum to have leg amputated

Rebekah DiMartino is going through a break-up. She even wrote a farewell love letter. But it's not to her husband.

What it's like to go through early menopause

In a cruel twist, Carla had been breastfeeding and perimenopausal at the same time. But she's far from the only one to go through menopause early.

Restaurant served alcohol to two-year-old

Busy restaurants can be forgiven for getting food and drink orders mixed up from time to time, but not when the confusion leads to a two-year-old being served an alcoholic cocktail instead of the child-friendly beverage they ordered.

Julia Morris tells of miscarriage on a flight

Julia Morris has spoken about the devastation of suffering a miscarriage while on an international flight.

Woman's survival after birth 'a story of two miracles'

A US mother is home and tending to her new baby less than a month after surviving without a pulse for 45 minutes.

Eating ice may give mental boost to the iron deficient: study

A new study proposes that, like a strong cup of coffee, ice may give those with insufficient iron a much-needed mental boost.

Tiny lives in caring hands: Thank U NICU Day

Each year in Australia, over 40,000 newborns need the help of a special care nursery or neonatal intensive care unit. One day a year, the staff are honoured by the parents they help through those dark days.

I paid $50,000 to have a girl

This time my husband and I hadn't taken any chances. We had paid $50,000 and travelled 13,000 kilometres to make sure the baby growing inside me was female.

Weird pregnancy products

Some pregnancy products come to market and are just awesome. Others just leave you scratching your head.

Dear firstborn, I'm sorry

Being a first-time mum is tough for so many reasons – particularly because you really have no idea what you're doing.

A trace of sesame could kill my son

Helen Richardson son's had two anaphylactic reactions in a month. It's traumatic for everyone.

When you know before the test says yes

It wasn't a pregnancy test or missed period that told me I was pregnant with my second baby; it was too early for those things. A doner kebab told me I was going to be a mum again.

What not to do when your partner is in labour

Robbie Williams stole the show during his wife Ayda's labour, pretty much demonstrating everything on the "what not to do when your partner is in labour" list.

Best maternity swimwear and beach cover-ups

Thinking about a tropical babymoon but have nothing to wear? Here are some great swimwear and beach cover-up options for mums-to-be.

Parents face bankruptcy after birth

A couple has been slammed with a $1 million medical bill after the early arrival of their baby while on holidays.

How many weeks til Christmas?

On your To-Do list

Get the "Santa" shopping done without the kids in tow.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.