Clomid and OI #107

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
270 replies to this topic

#251 Bazinga

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:18 PM

LokiDan don't feel bad. We've all had low points in our journey. FX your body decides to cooperate soon.

AFM scan this morning revealed one beautiful 18mm follicle and a few smaller ones. I am meant to trigger tomorrow morning at 8am and thank god the trigger is Ovidril this time. It's a tiny needle pen device like the Puregon woo hoo. My last trigger was Pregnyl which i had to mix, draw up and inject into muscle. that was freaky! Going to be easy this time.

One question with timing though. The dr wants me to trigger ASAP. If I trigger tomorrow 8am I should O 24-36hours later and the egg lasts for 24 hours. Right?

DH isn't home until Wednesday night. Do you think we will time it okay? We did BD on Monday afternoon.

#252 Jessie_T

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

Ladies, appointment went well original.gif Hubby didn’t end up coming as he had a meeting with the Director. I got angry at him because sometimes I fill like I am doing everything myself, but I know that he couldn’t help that meeting. We went through everything and was surprised about the amount of time I have been on clomid for. When I went through all my history he said I could possibly have endometriosis. He said for me to think about having a laparoscopy. He said everything may be fine and I may not have endo. But while he is there, he will check my tubes and also do ovarian drilling which he said is beneficial for PCOS. So I walked away with……… Bloods to do for AMH. Semen analysis for DH. Bloods to check diabetes. Call up for scan on day 3-5. I think that’s it lol

I need to speak to DH when I get home as he said we can either do the laparoscopy or we can do three rounds of IUI. If that isn’t successful, then do the laparoscopy……..

He asked where I am up to with my cycle and I am on day 25 but didn’t think I have ovulated yet. He did an internal and he said I have a 25mm follicle, but my issue is that it hasn’t burst. (that explains why 8 rounds of clomid hasn’t worked as the egg doesn’t release) He gave me a script to get ovidrel which will release it within 36 hours, so getting busy tonight, tomorrow and the day after original.gif

So in my head I get back to……. Laparoscopy or ovidrel? I said to him I am thinking the laparoscopy first as I have been on 8 rounds and there was no chance of me getting pregnant as my egg wasn’t releasing. So I think that I could be doing three rounds of IUI for little chance of conceiving as I may have endo.

Arrrrghhhhh……. Decisions! What do you ladies think?

All I can say is….. I feel better about it original.gif He is very proactive in his approach and when you have been waiting for sooooo long and nothing is happening, its good to meet someone that is actually eager!

One big advice, DO NOT TAKE CLOMID WITHOUT ULTRASOUNDS. I have taken 8 rounds of clomid and wasted 8 months. If an internal was done, he would have realised that I don’t release an egg on my own……

#253 rosie28

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:59 PM

Jessie - good to hear you have a plan, and I agree with the scans, I can't understand how doctors are prescribing Clomid (or any other OI drug) without insisting on scans. How do they know there aren't 10 eggs releasing? Or, as in your case, possibly none? Too big a risk I think.

I think if I was in your shoes I'd have the lap. It will cause some initial delay, but you'll have an answer without going through the invasive and expensive process of IUI first, possibly to no avail. Let us know what you decide!

Hopefully, of course, your 25mm follicle will be the "One" and you won't need to worry!

#254 Bazinga

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

Yay Jessie finally some direction.

I agree these Drs are crazy giving you Clomid without scans. For me Clomid causes my cysts to grow huge. I almost had surgery to remove one than had grown massive.

I personally would take the Ovidrel to trigger ovulation and get busy. If you don't get a BFP from that cycle go with the lap to check for endo and clear your tubes original.gif

PS: My DH has only ever been the initial FS appointment. He never did his sperm analysis or bloods. He gets very nervous at the Drs but he also works away so every appointment, scan and injection I've done on my own wink.gif

Edited by Bazinga, 29 January 2013 - 04:36 PM.

#255 rosie28

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

One needle down! Who knows how many to go?!

It went ok, didn't hurt at the time, felt cold about 5 minutes later and a little sore now but no big deal. It's weird, I don't feel that much more confident about tomorrow, but I think I can do it.

#256 ejdonn

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

Jessie - so pleased that you have been able to see a FS.  Makes a difference hearing all of the options.  I would opt for the lap and tube check.  It's what I did that allowed DS to be conceived the month of the lap.  The only problem I had was timing of the lap.  FS wanted to be very sure that I wasn't pregnant, I knew I wasn't as it was day 45 and low progesterone.  So the lap kept on being postponed til I had AF.  Wasn't exactly great having AF and surgery, but got DS!  

Good luck for this month.

#257 Poseidon768

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

QUOTE (rosie28 @ 29/01/2013, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It went ok, didn't hurt at the time, felt cold about 5 minutes later and a little sore now but no big deal. It's weird, I don't feel that much more confident about tomorrow, but I think I can do it.

I know you can do it girlie wink.gif original.gif

Good luck Jessie!!!  This might be IT biggrin.gif

Bazinga - biggrin.gif biggrin.gif sexy follicle sizes are sexy

AFM - still breaking away *stretches and aah's*  No sign of self-Oing this month so far, so who knows what will happen.  Still temping and.. sigh.. yes.. yes.. OPKing *palm face*  I'm just curious!!!!  ssorry.gif
Not holding my breath over it happening 2 months in a row though.  There has been less of a need to BD, which is nice.  We went and had a 4 day break lately! *gasp* No, pigs aren't flying Tounge1.gif

Don't have much else to say really other than I've been reading over the thread recently and just wanted to let you know that every single one of you are amazing, strong women original.gif
This is by far my favourite thread because I feel like we can all relate so well to each other's situations.

And back to my Tuesday evening I go! original.gif Take care everybody  bbighug.gif

#258 Jessie_T

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

QUOTE (rosie28 @ 29/01/2013, 03:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jessie - good to hear you have a plan, and I agree with the scans, I can't understand how doctors are prescribing Clomid (or any other OI drug) without insisting on scans. How do they know there aren't 10 eggs releasing? Or, as in your case, possibly none? Too big a risk I think.

I think if I was in your shoes I'd have the lap. It will cause some initial delay, but you'll have an answer without going through the invasive and expensive process of IUI first, possibly to no avail. Let us know what you decide!

Hopefully, of course, your 25mm follicle will be the "One" and you won't need to worry!

I know.p sad.gif my gyno who is also an ob said he gets everything from the bloods so no need to disrupt me by coming in for scans. I thought AWESOME.... I was wrong sad.gif

Yeh I think I will go with the lap and make sure everything is all good original.gif

I really hope so original.gif I only had one, but it's a good size original.gif

QUOTE (Bazinga @ 29/01/2013, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yay Jessie finally some direction.

I agree these Drs are crazy giving you Clomid without scans. For me Clomid causes my cysts to grow huge. I almost had surgery to remove one than had grown massive.

I personally would take the Ovidrel to trigger ovulation and get busy. If you don't get a BFP from that cycle go with the lap to check for endo and clear your tubes original.gif

PS: My DH has only ever been the initial FS appointment. He never did his sperm analysis or bloods. He gets very nervous at the Drs but he also works away so every appointment, scan and injection I've done on my own wink.gif

It was sooooo funny, I got it back to work and I didn't realise it had to be refrigerated. The pharmacy said its needs to be stored in the fridge. Me; no worries, we have a fridge at work. Pharmacist: can't be in a fridge that's always opened. Eeeekkkkk...... I guess that means I will be doing it....... Well not quite. A girl from work and I were out the back, she was counting saying, Jess you can do it..... I was p*ssing myself laughing but I just couldn't do it....... She ended up doing it lol. She said, not everyday I get to stab my boss lol

Oh wow,maybe I have too much expectation. I feel that because it is my 'fault' I need him there to support me???? Must be men, it took 6 months for dh to do his sperm analysis.

QUOTE (rosie28 @ 29/01/2013, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can do it original.gif original.gif original.gif original.gif hopefully not too many more.....

#259 Jessie_T

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE (ejdonn @ 29/01/2013, 10:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jessie - so pleased that you have been able to see a FS.  Makes a difference hearing all of the options.  I would opt for the lap and tube check.  It's what I did that allowed DS to be conceived the month of the lap.  The only problem I had was timing of the lap.  FS wanted to be very sure that I wasn't pregnant, I knew I wasn't as it was day 45 and low progesterone.  So the lap kept on being postponed til I had AF.  Wasn't exactly great having AF and surgery, but got DS!  

Good luck for this month.

Oh awesome news original.gif stories like this give me hope. After you had your lap, was it actually that cycle you fell pregnant or the next month? I have to wait for af and he basically told me I won't have a chance that month?

Hope you are travelling well original.gif

#260 Jessie_T

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE (Poseidon768 @ 29/01/2013, 10:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know you can do it girlie wink.gif original.gif

Good luck Jessie!!!  This might be IT biggrin.gif

Bazinga - biggrin.gif biggrin.gif sexy follicle sizes are sexy

AFM - still breaking away *stretches and aah's*  No sign of self-Oing this month so far, so who knows what will happen.  Still temping and.. sigh.. yes.. yes.. OPKing *palm face*  I'm just curious!!!!  ssorry.gif
Not holding my breath over it happening 2 months in a row though.  There has been less of a need to BD, which is nice.  We went and had a 4 day break lately! *gasp* No, pigs aren't flying Tounge1.gif

Don't have much else to say really other than I've been reading over the thread recently and just wanted to let you know that every single one of you are amazing, strong women original.gif
This is by far my favourite thread because I feel like we can all relate so well to each other's situations.

And back to my Tuesday evening I go! original.gif Take care everybody  bbighug.gif

I hope your 'break' has been a good one...l. Well sorta break  tongue.gif

I hope you are having fun with each other as it sometimes gets a bit scheduled......

Tuesdays are the best, Masterchef professionals, packed to the rafters and now watching parenthood original.gif Tuesdays are my fav

Oh..... And we bd before tv and it was really good original.gif the last couple days haven't been great, but I got a nice outfit original.gif so I think that spiced things up  blush.gif

#261 NSG

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:52 AM

Wow, so much going on.....

Rosie, good work with the needles!

JessieTroy, I agree that I would go for the lap as well, so that you don't potentially waste more time.... I am going to ask my FS about it too.

Bazinga, I think the egg lasts for a MAXIMUM of 24 hours but for many it lasts only 12. Good luck!!!!!!

Poseidon, good to hear from you. I love this thread too!

#262 ejdonn

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

Jessie - yes we conceived DS that cycle.  Lap was done on CD2 which was the first day of clomid for me.  FS wanted to ensure that there was enough time to recover before ovulation.  I had a week off work as general's knock me around with nausea plus the head ache from clomid!  

Rosie - thinking of you, hopefully the jabs are getting easier.

NSG & Posiedon - I love this thread too!  Only close friends and family know that I'm on clomid trying for #2.  Having you ladies to chat with about the ins and outs is really helpful.

ATM - I'm CD26.  I did another POAS test this morning, BFN   sad.gif  I've been having on and off cramping, but no break out.  So really hoping that there is still a chance for this cycle.

#263 Bazinga

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:48 PM

Trigger went well today. The Ovidrel is so easy. DH is coming home from work tomorrow night for some sexy time wink.gif

#264 ejdonn

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:52 PM

Bazinga - glad that you'll be able to time this with DH!

#265 bek_p

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:36 AM

Been a bit quite but I'm still around after the shocking emotional week i had on clomid i needed to step back I'm now in the two weeks of hell massive what I think was ovulation pain sunday. so just wait and see I guess, I see FS in 13/2 think I'm deff gonna ask for u/s monitoring

#266 NSG

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

Ooh EJDonn keep us posted.....

Bazinga, so glad your shot went well! Fingers crossed!

Bek_p, I agree that Clomid is AWFUL. I am hoping and praying that this is my last cycle and that next cycle I can try something different. Will be being very firm with my FS next week.

AFM, CD10 and no + OPK. I normally ovulate around CD19 so not holding my breath that it will happen this week. Oh well, keep calm and carry on!

#267 ejdonn

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

AF arrived this morning -  mad.gif

On the positive side, cycle was 27 days again, so clomid starts tomorrow.  I'm trying to take FS's advice and plan for the cycle after next, so I booked in to have saline tube flush for 5th March.  Big challenge is that it must be performed CD5 through CD12.  Have to assume that I'll have another 27 day cycle.  Would have liked to have it next week, but of course there is no availability as only a small number of doctors perform this procedure.  It's also going to be great value at $475 for a 45 minute procedure.  I'd love to have that bill out rate!  Shouldn't complain, I'm sure everyone's jabs are costing a bit!

#268 NSG

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:07 PM

Sorry to hear that EJDonn, but 27 days is great! Is your LP ok too? I am not sure how many days past ovulation you were......

AFM, no update but I can't wait for my FS appointment on Monday. I am such a planner and I need to know what happens next. Also I am wearing my spanx type pants every day now. I definitely look pregnant. It sucks.

#269 Bazinga

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:15 PM

BDing went well. Timing was good. Last night I started getting a very bloated full feeling in my abdomen. Today the pain is terrible when I move. I'm all bloated and look pregnant. Walking, sex, picking up my son hurts. I feel really full in the pelvis. FX it's not OHSS. Clinic said to rest as much as possible and keep up fluid intake. I hope it passes soon as I'm off to Daydream Island on Tuesday.

#270 ejdonn

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:25 PM

Bazinga - hope that that your bloating disappears. Enjoy your holiday.

NSG - the clomid is resulting in ovulation on CD13, so getting to CD27 I think means that LP is okay?  

This will be my third cycle of Clomid, last two resulted in ovulation on CD13 and a 27 day cycle.  Any thoughts on when should we plan to BD?  I was thinking CD12, 13, 14 and 16.  

Poor DH, I've really cracked down on his coffee intake.  I figure if I have to put up with clomid headaches he can limit himself to one coffee a day.  I have the opposite problem to JessieTroy , DH is too involved knowing what time in the cycle I am, when I can test, what the next steps are.  Sometimes I wish he would give me some space!

#271 Bebe1

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:41 PM

Hi everyone, Sorry I have been a bit quiet lately- been so busy with heaps of things kicking off  at work this week. But also havent really had much to report on, but have been reading up, so still keeping up to date! But ...........I do have news to report as of today CD15, I had my 2nd ultrasound after taking Femara 5mg I have 2 lovely 18mm follicles (my Dc. words!) and she said I should naturally ovulate sometime over the weekend. I AM SO happy that I will just possibly ovulate I hugged her SOOOO tight! l am sooooo soooo sooo relieved that 5mg seemed to have worked. I know that some of you are struggling and hope this isnt too much gloating (not the right word but you know what I mean) but I just wanted to share it with you. As some others said not many people in my life really know or understand how great this news is and I know all of you have been there and will be happy!!. Its great after lots of bad or no news, to actually celebrate and have a chance to actually endure the 2ww. I called my best friend to tell her and interrupted her whilst over the toilet bowl @ 9 weeks pregnant , we had a great old laugh that i was praying to be over the toilet bowl too!!! Have a great weekend girls X biggrin.gif
Fingers crossed it all happens over the weekend- still havent got a +OPK Dr- said tomorrow PM should have one..... so will keep an eye on temps and hopefully XXX

Edited by BrookeyT, 01 February 2013 - 06:42 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Trying to speed up the inevitable

As the waiting game of late pregnancy continues, this mum considers a few things that might hurry things up a little.

One month later: where is William Tyrell?

It has been a little over a month since William Tyrell disappeared from his grandmother's home, 33 long sleepless nights for his family as they mourn the absence of their cheeky young boy.

Winter's child less likely to be moody: study

Babies born in the summer are much more likely to suffer from mood swings when they grow up, while those born in the winter are less likely to become irritable adults, scientists claim.

Single mum of two creates award-winning baby app

Suddenly single with a baby and an 11-year-old son, Tara O?Connell developed an app to improve the lives of mothers who were similarly overwhelmed.

Food for thought: looking after yourself as a new mum

As soon as your baby enters the world, everything else takes a back seat - even the necessities of daily life such as eating are severely compromised, right when you need energy the most.

'Grabbable guts' campaign aims to cut toxic fat

The Live Lighter campaign will take people inside the human body to show the internal dangers of being overweight.

The best and worst month of my life

A new mum's first month of motherhood didn't pan out as expected when she lost a family member weeks after her baby's birth.

Facebook and Apple offer to pay female staff to freeze their eggs

Facebook and Apple are hoping to provide women with the freedom to build their careers without the added pressure of having children at or by a certain age.

How a pregnancy contract could work for you and your partner

The idea of making a 'pregnancy contract' with your partner may sound a bit silly at first, but it can help make the transition to parenthood a lot smoother.

Finding a mum-friendly personal trainer

Burping babies vs burpees – yes, new mums and personal trainers live in different worlds. But they can work together - once you find the right match for you and your lifestyle.

Ambulance service under fire: baby seats to go, response times 'worse than ever'

The NSW Ambulance Service is removing child-safety seats from ambulances, while the Victorian service is facing criticism over lengthy response times following the death of a three-year-old.

Alleged baby snatch incident a ?misunderstanding?, say police

Police say that an incident in which a man pulled on a woman?s pram while walking a popular Sydney route late last month was a misunderstanding.

Ebola killed my aunt and is shutting down my country

Three weeks ago, my auntie, a midwife, developed a fever. Sitting here in Sydney basked in Australian sunshine, that shouldn't be big news.

The night my ovary burst

One mum shares her frightening experience and vows to never take her health for granted again.

Is e-reading to your toddler story time or just screen time?

When reading increasingly means swiping pages on a device, and we're advised to read to their children early and often, should parents be turning to e-readers for storytime?

Community mourns inspiring young dad

A young dad who fought a five-year battle with cancer has been remembered for his inspiring legacy at a funeral service attended by hundreds of family and friends this week.

Meningococcal kills Queensland toddler

Public health authorities say the death of a toddler in north Queensland from meningococcal disease highlights the danger the illness poses.

Nicole Kidman: 'I hope every month that I'm pregnant'

Nicole Kidman is hoping to add to her family, but says she's doubtful it will happen.

Recall: Aldi Wooden London Bus play set

Aldi has announced a recall of their popular Wooden London Bus play set.

Great gift ideas for first birthdays

From soft toys to balance bikes, here are some great ideas for first birthday gifts.

Mum learnt she was pregnant hours before giving birth

Kim Walsh arrived at the doctor with abdominal cramps. Hours later, she was cradling the baby experts told her she could never have.

How cancer has made me a better, happier person

I'm a far better person post-cancer than I ever was before. The goal now is to stay around long enough to find out who I can become, and what I can achieve.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

16 parenting truths you won't find in the baby books

I am five years into this parenting gig and I’ve learnt that sleepless nights and changing dirty nappies are child’s play.

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

Best and worst potty party cakes

It's nice to celebrate a child making the shift from nappies to 'big kid' undies, but do we really need a semi-realistic used toilet cake to do it? Here are some of the best and worst cakes parents have used at 'potty parties' around the world.

7 tips for a financially festive Christmas

Plan ahead - and do it now - to ensure festive season expenses don't break the bank.

'Go the F*** to Sleep' author's new book for frustrated parents

A sequel is coming soon to the 2011 hit book 'Go the F*** to Sleep' - and this time, it's about mealtimes.

Great birthday party buys from Etsy

Handmade crafts to decorate and personalise your child's next birthday - from banners to cake decorations, we've got gorgeous party finds from Etsy.

Creative storage ideas for the kids' rooms

Creative and practical storage ideas for the kids' toys and books can also add some stylish decor to your home. Visit babyology.com.au for more stylish modern finds for hip kids & parents.

Warnings over child pain relief doses

The Therapeutic Goods Administration has warned parents and carers over a "confusing" pain relief dosage system.

To the mum in the doctor's waiting room

Maybe the mum I saw in that waiting room, seemingly disconnected from her baby, doesn’t have the support she needs.

10 space-saving nursery ideas

Starting a family doesn't always mean moving into a bigger house - not yet, anyway.

What's in a name?

Baby Names

Looking for a classic name, or an unusual name? Our Baby Name Finder is for you, search or browse to refine your shortlist.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.