#1 Forum Moderator

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:16 PM

New thread time ladies.

Here's the link to your old thread.

Cheers,
~Mintie~

#2 Lalliana

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:56 PM

Veryclucky It's great that you are doing so well towards your weight loss goal. Hopefully you reach it soon and can start using clomid to try and get your BFP. I'm trying to lose weight as well as I am overweight but it's proving hard to shift. I will just have to increase my exercise frequency I think but I'll get there. Thank you for sharing your story too.

Jessie
Awesome work on making an egg, I knew you would, I had a good feeling about it and it was just delayed. biggrin.gif It must be something in the water as it's been good BD here too. Let's hope that continues as sometimes when TTC it just becomes a chore and that sucks.

Rosie Ooh, two eggs, fantastic! I hope one of them becomes your BFP. Hanging out to test is horrible though but at least Christmas should help to make it go a little faster with everything happening. Oh, and with my BFP I had such sore boobs from very early on. Hopefully the sore nipples are a very good sign for you!

NSG Aww, how sweet is your DB and it's great that he understands that this process can get you down sometimes. How lovely of him to get you the card. Hopefully your FS can figure out what happened and next cycle won't end so quickly. Good luck.

Fossy I take clomid CD2-6 and then O between CD14 and CD16 so 8 to 10 days for me.

Merry Christmas to everyone as I don't know that I'll be on for a few days. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas day with friends and family. xmas_cool.gif

#3 Poseidon768

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:07 AM

Let us see here... I have so much to catch up on!!

jessie - HURRAH! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif egg on its way AND great sex - best of both worlds biggrin.gif
Have you tested yet rosie? I demand that you pee in a cup and put a stick in it! wink.gif biggrin.gif

Veryclucky - weight loss is tough and it takes true dedication to get through it.  Eventually it just becomes 'what you do'/your new lifestyle and you adjust, but those first few months are mentally and emotionally painful.  So glad you are managing things well original.gif

Fossy - last cycle I o'ed 12 days after my last clomid pill. This cycle, I don't think I've O'ed - looking at my temps.  BUT if I have (as FF insists), it would have been, again, 12 days after my last clomid pill.

NSG, esther, bek, Bazinga, fluffybun, Brooooookey, Mrscarlton & Lalliana - Hope everything is going all well for you ladies!
I hope I haven't left anybody out! sad.gif

Quick update on my end:  I'll go do my blood test today to see if I've O'ed. Hopefully will find out the results very soon after Christmas.  I've just been so busy with christmas gatherings and we threw a housewarming/wedding anniversary party on Friday (was so much fun!! such a success biggrin.gif biggrin.gif ), life has been keeping me busy to the point where I take my temperature in the morning and forget about TTC thereafter, heh.
I don't think I've ovulated...... I'm just looking at today's and yesterday's temps, they're just, SO SO low!! FF is still saying that I have though  shrug.gif Guess my progesterone levels shall reveal all.

Merry Christmas everybody, and be safe! original.gif Looking forward to hearing positive news from you all after the festive celebrations are over original.gif

#4 rosie28

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:33 AM

Stuck on my phone, so it's a bit hard to toggle back to the old thread to see what's happening with everyone. Hope all is well with all of you!

Poseidon- Gopd luck for your blood test! I haven't tested yet (11DPO today), because my FS said not to until 29 December, and while I probably won't wait that long, I'm scared or ruining Christmas. My temp was down a bit this morning, so I'm feeling a bit negative about it all- not very festive! My boobs weren't sore this morning, but they are again now, and I feel heavy in my abdomen still- who knows?

To top it off, my husband's bike hasn't arrived for Christmas, and my puppy had explosive diarrhea - nothing says Christmas like a trip to the vet first thing!

Ok, going to buck up now- going to think positive!

#5 bek_p

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:24 PM

Hope you have all had a great day ladies

Rosie my dog just got out of icu after a boute of gastro not fun at all.

Afm I forgot to  call about bloods but did an way to early test yesterday and bfn

#6 Jessie_T

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:47 PM

Veryclucky, I am glad your weightless journey is going well. I went to a dietician last week and she gave me a rude shock.

Lalliana, I am also overweight and that's why I have decided to do something about it. The dietician said not to have sugar for four days and that's all it takes to realise you feel so much better. But those four days will be he'll seeing as I love my soft drinks. I think I will definitely get a lot of useful tips from her. Where are you up to with anything? I am not sure what it is about this month but the best ever original.gif as you said, it becomes a chore which it has been but this month has been different

Bek_p, oh no about your dog sad.gif I hope he has been resting and getting better. Let us know how you go about the results of your bloods. When can you ring up and find out?

Rosie, that's not good about your puppy sad.gif I hope it's all gone and is all better sad.gif crap about DH's bike sad.gif it's annoying when things don't come in time sad.gif mum thought that she wouldn't have anything to giv to me as we ordered Tom ford sunglasses over the net but luckily it came at Christmas Eve. Hopefully it will come in soon. Have you done a sneaky Poas?

NSG, Esther, bazinga, fluffy bun, mrscarlton and broooooky, I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and you are travelling well.

AFM, gyno sad I was making an egg and would release within three days. i still has strong strong strong opks 5 days Late? i think this is a very very strong ovulation. well anyways, about two or three days I was very nauseous, very sick and definitely not right. Christmas Eve I was not well at all and went to the walk in clinic but they were shut, I think possible hyperstimulation? Not much else is happening..... Tomorrow I am turning a quarter of a century. I really thought I would have had a baby by now, but obviously someone had other plans for me. I have my gyno appointment on 2 January, I shall see what he says. I am going to try not to Poas u til af arrives.i have told dh to hide them. But if he doesn't...... I know I am kidding myself.

I hope all of you had a lovely day. I am still recovering from it!

Edited by jessietroy, 26 December 2012 - 06:47 PM.

#7 rosie28

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:00 AM

Tested finally, and BFN. I think I already knew- boobs haven't been nearly as sore, although no sign if AF at all...

I suppose I'll test again over the next few days if no AF, but I think this cycle is over. Gutted and going back to sleep now. Hopefully for a month!

#8 bek_p

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:39 AM

I didn't ovulate feeling crappy dh is being super nice taking me shopping. Ill write some more later not sure if ill need to end cycle with provera or not

#9 rosie28

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:41 AM

Sorry to hear that bek_p- today seems to suck for both of us! Shopping sounds like a nice distraction, take care of yourself! Xx

#10 estherfrog

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:17 AM

And another one for the BFN. Tested on Christmas morning because if it was +  then I would have best Christmas pres ever but if was -  I could have a few drinks. Oh well just have to wait for the next go around.

#11 Poseidon768

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:42 AM

sad.gif Rosie, bek, Esther what cd are you now bek? The BFNers, so long as AF hasn't turned up yet, there is still hope to hold onto.

AFM- did my blood test today. Nurse mutilated my arm and I feel a bruise pending (ugh!). Not sure if I Oed or not... My temp went up today, have no idea what to think. I hope I'm put out of my unknowing misery tomorrow... sad.gif I tested today because I have too many HPT ICs than I know what to do with - BFN of course. Would be awkward if it was positive and I still didn't know if I Oed, heh.

Take care ladies. We're going to get through this original.gif

Edited by Poseidon768, 27 December 2012 - 10:43 AM.

#12 bek_p

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:51 AM

Cd 27

#13 rosie28

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:18 PM

I suppose you're right Poseidon, but I think if the test is negative at 14 days, then it is likely to stay that way. I feel really silly sitting here in tears when some people have had months of negative tests and this is my first. It just feels like it took so much to get to ovulate at all, what if it never happens again? The timing for next cycle might suck- does anyone know if you can do clomid combined with injectibles? My FS is away, but I'm going to speak to the FS covering for her tomorrow. I need to ovulate before 24 January, or there isn't any point this cycle. And if there is no point I'd really rather not take the Clomid- I ended up so depressed last time it scared me.

#14 rosie28

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:53 PM

And I've just started spotting. Is it wrong to make today Cd1? Or does it have to be tomorrow because it's afternoon?

Steeling myself for a family do this evening. If there is a pregnancy announcement you might hear me crying from wherever you are. Just want a couple of glasses of wine and to cry into it at the moment- don't feel at all up to facing 30 family members!

#15 Poseidon768

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:52 PM

QUOTE (rosie28 @ 27/12/2012, 02:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It just feels like it took so much to get to ovulate at all, what if it never happens again? The timing for next cycle might suck- does anyone know if you can do clomid combined with injectibles?

*nod* I know the feeling all too well... I ended up deciding to be content with the fact that I ovulated last cycle.  I was definitely upset that we didn't succeed at making a baby, but I decided to just let me see that month as a victory in its own right.

Now, having gone through the second cycle of that same dose of Clomid, and not seeing success again (in my heart of hearts, I think I didn't O), it's heart breaking.  I keep thinking, "what's wrong with me?!!!!! sad.gif "

I definitely was fretting about the dosage not working again.  I totally understand how you can be upset about it Rosie .  I hope you didn't think that I meant that you shouldn't be.  I guess I was trying to sprinkle a bit of optimism into the mix.  hhugs.gif

QUOTE (rosie28 @ 27/12/2012, 03:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And I've just started spotting. Is it wrong to make today Cd1? Or does it have to be tomorrow because it's afternoon?

Steeling myself for a family do this evening. If there is a pregnancy announcement you might hear me crying from wherever you are. Just want a couple of glasses of wine and to cry into it at the moment- don't feel at all up to facing 30 family members!

Oh no.. sad.gif
It might be a nice distraction... possibly? hhugs.gif  Chin up chickie.
RE spotting - my gynae told me to treat any kind of bleeding, as bleeding therefore spotting = CD1.  
This cycle I started spotting at around 11pm-12am, so I didn't call that day CD1, but the next.
I think if I were you, I would just end up deciding that tomorrow is CD1.
Oh chickie sad.gif hhugs.gif You've earned that vat glass of wine.

#16 Poseidon768

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:56 PM

QUOTE (bek_p @ 27/12/2012, 11:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cd 27

sad.gif seems fairly late in the cycle now.  Are you temping?
What's the game plan from here on out? Upping the dose?

#17 rosie28

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:29 PM

Thanks Poseidon, I do appreciate the optimism, particularly when I can't muster any of my own!

Ok, so today is CD1. I'm choosing to be positive about the last cycle because first, I ovulated, a major achievement in itself, and second, my LP is 13-14 days, which is good. I also learned about my cycle (or whatever, my clomid cycle), how to temp and read charts and knew enough to know the test would be negative before I took it today. That's kind of comforting in a way, to know what is going on with my body.

Poseidon, forgive my if you've already said, but when do you get your results? You never know, you might have just had a sneaky O (I'm imagining a little eggy dodging a huge thermometer now- and I haven't started drinking, it's a bit of a worry...). I assume you BD'd for Australia throughout the possible O time? If so, you've done everything you can do.

#18 Poseidon768

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:47 PM

QUOTE (rosie28 @ 27/12/2012, 05:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks Poseidon, I do appreciate the optimism, particularly when I can't muster any of my own!

Ok, so today is CD1. I'm choosing to be positive about the last cycle because first, I ovulated, a major achievement in itself, and second, my LP is 13-14 days, which is good. I also learned about my cycle (or whatever, my clomid cycle), how to temp and read charts and knew enough to know the test would be negative before I took it today. That's kind of comforting in a way, to know what is going on with my body.

Poseidon, forgive my if you've already said, but when do you get your results? You never know, you might have just had a sneaky O (I'm imagining a little eggy dodging a huge thermometer now- and I haven't started drinking, it's a bit of a worry...). I assume you BD'd for Australia throughout the possible O time? If so, you've done everything you can do.

First paragraph - absolutely. That sounds excellent and healthy and you should pat your body on the back for doing what it was meant to original.gif

Second paragraph - get my results back, presumably, tomorrow.  Otherwise, Monday (boo).
We BD for Australia all cycle long, haha roll2.gif

SOo.. breaking news for me:  I went to check my cervix about 5min ago (DH and I were going to BD but I wanted to get an untainted reading of CM first).  Blood. Light red blood in my CM.  It wasn't period coloured either.
I am freaking the eff out.  Is it AF?! Is something wrong with my insides?! And, last but not least, is it implantation bleeding?!
My stomach is in such a knot because I'm so worried as to what it could be.  I've never had mid cycle spotting in my entire life oomg.gif
Hah, is my wanting to puke an EPS or just the effect of anxiety? the latter, definitely *sure nod* wink.gif

ETA: lmao @ the article I Googled:
What can I do if I have an implantation bleed?

Sit tight and don’t become anxious.

roll2.gif

Edited by Poseidon768, 27 December 2012 - 05:49 PM.

#19 Poseidon768

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:28 PM

Well something is up because I had a bit of a light bleed that stopped, and I had this sharp stabbing pain to the left of my belly button for about an hour - that, too, has stopped.

Will have to call gynae and see what she has to say tomorrow. Hopefully I can get my CD21 results back from her too.

I hope it's not ectopic or anything like that  nno.gif

Edited by Poseidon768, 27 December 2012 - 08:28 PM.

#20 Veryclucky

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:08 PM

sad.gif  for those with BFNs.

Poisedon...fingers crossed that the light bleed and pain was implantation and that the egg is getting snuggly and safe in the right place.

AFM: I will be POAS before new years just in case as I am on 70-100 day cycles currently so I test about monthly just in case I spontaneously ovulate and then manage to catch the egg. New Years will be a big night as I am going to my best friends mum's 50th and there will be lots of drinking involved so need to know if I have a BFP beforehand.

Also in good news, I came third for the women in the 8 week challenge that I finished last week. I will be doing the next challenge starting on the 2nd Jan and am aiming to finish higher this time so that is extra motivation to get out there and work hard. Main issue is eating healthy majority of the time but am getting better at avoiding the junk food temptation. I have given myself a couple of days off over Christmas but am back into the exercise as of today.

I did a personal best in swimming with 2.8km in 95mins which is the longest distance I have ever swum and a pretty decent time as well. Very happy about that.

Hopefully all this hard work will pay off in the baby stakes with my body being in the best fitness it has been for years and the kgs melting off slowly.

#21 rosie28

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:30 PM

Perhaps implantation Poseidon, how many days post O are you now?

My spotting has stopped. No idea what is going on! I assume it will come back tomorrow properly, and I'm going to have a chat to the FS about the plan for this cycle.

Have thoroughly enjoyed 3 glasses of bubbly.

#22 Poseidon768

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:50 PM

QUOTE (rosie28 @ 27/12/2012, 10:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have thoroughly enjoyed 3 glasses of bubbly.

YUS!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Well, IF I O'ed (hah, who knows? this is such a confusing mess ddoh.gif ), I would be 8DPO.

#23 rosie28

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:32 PM

Well you'll know tomorrow, an I bet you did! Sneaky O!

#24 Poseidon768

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:56 PM

I'm starting to think it's AF sad.gif

Like you said rosie, I'll find out tomorrow!  Aaaand the wait continues wink.gif sad.gif

ETA:
So I think it's AF and I just had an annovulatory cycle huh.gif

Temp is down, nothing about my chart looks biphasic.  Oh well

Did get an evap line on the HPT though (confirmed by DH who is less delusional than I am wink.gif )

Sorry for the false alarm ladies! This has never happened to me before.

Not sure what to do now..... sad.gif

Edited by Poseidon768, 28 December 2012 - 06:40 AM.

#25 Poseidon768

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:09 AM

Yep. Annovulatory cycle.

Progesterone was 2.1

I think we'll be taking a month's break in Jan.... get ourselves excited and collected again about TTC. To have only ovulated once since March this year has been such a drain (as you all probably know).  Need a break.

I'll still hang around though, I want to see your successes original.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

A mum's tragic battle against inflammatory breast cancer

At just 37 years of age, with two young sons, Vicki was diagnosed with inflammatory breast cancer. Now her family wants all women to know the symptoms.

The business of babies around the world

Pregnancy and birth is an intriguing process no matter where you are in the world. One soon-to-be father gleans wisdom from a new guide.

Finding a positive path through IVF

It’s not surprising that IVF is often seen as a negative journey towards the ultimate positive, but having a glass-half-full approach can make a big difference to the experience.

Giving strangers the gift of parenthood

A mum explains why she and her husband are choosing to gift their leftover embryos to help strangers achieve their dream of parenthood.

Does morning sickness get better or worse with each child?

Just as every baby is unique, so is every pregnancy. And that means morning sickness can vary a lot, too.

What's so wrong with looking 'mumsy', anyway?

Why is it that the word ‘mumsy’ has connotations of such a negative nature – but seems to be the only other option apart from ‘yummy’?

Trying to speed up the inevitable

As the waiting game of late pregnancy continues, this mum considers a few things that might hurry things up a little.

One month later: where is William Tyrell?

It has been a little over a month since William Tyrell disappeared from his grandmother's home, 33 long sleepless nights for his family as they mourn the absence of their cheeky young boy.

Winter's child less likely to be moody: study

Babies born in the summer are much more likely to suffer from mood swings when they grow up, while those born in the winter are less likely to become irritable adults, scientists claim.

Single mum of two creates award-winning baby app

Suddenly single with a baby and an 11-year-old son, Tara O?Connell developed an app to improve the lives of mothers who were similarly overwhelmed.

Food for thought: looking after yourself as a new mum

As soon as your baby enters the world, everything else takes a back seat - even the necessities of daily life such as eating are severely compromised, right when you need energy the most.

'Grabbable guts' campaign aims to cut toxic fat

The Live Lighter campaign will take people inside the human body to show the internal dangers of being overweight.

The best and worst month of my life

A new mum's first month of motherhood didn't pan out as expected when she lost a family member weeks after her baby's birth.

Facebook and Apple offer to pay female staff to freeze their eggs

Facebook and Apple are hoping to provide women with the freedom to build their careers without the added pressure of having children at or by a certain age.

How a pregnancy contract could work for you and your partner

The idea of making a 'pregnancy contract' with your partner may sound a bit silly at first, but it can help make the transition to parenthood a lot smoother.

Finding a mum-friendly personal trainer

Burping babies vs burpees – yes, new mums and personal trainers live in different worlds. But they can work together - once you find the right match for you and your lifestyle.

Alleged baby snatch incident a ?misunderstanding?, say police

Police say that an incident in which a man pulled on a woman?s pram while walking a popular Sydney route late last month was a misunderstanding.

Ebola killed my aunt and is shutting down my country

Three weeks ago, my auntie, a midwife, developed a fever. Sitting here in Sydney basked in Australian sunshine, that shouldn't be big news.

The night my ovary burst

One mum shares her frightening experience and vows to never take her health for granted again.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

16 parenting truths you won't find in the baby books

I am five years into this parenting gig and I’ve learnt that sleepless nights and changing dirty nappies are child’s play.

Best and worst potty party cakes

It's nice to celebrate a child making the shift from nappies to 'big kid' undies, but do we really need a semi-realistic used toilet cake to do it? Here are some of the best and worst cakes parents have used at 'potty parties' around the world.

7 tips for a financially festive Christmas

Plan ahead - and do it now - to ensure festive season expenses don't break the bank.

'Go the F*** to Sleep' author's new book for frustrated parents

A sequel is coming soon to the 2011 hit book 'Go the F*** to Sleep' - and this time, it's about mealtimes.

Great birthday party buys from Etsy

Handmade crafts to decorate and personalise your child's next birthday - from banners to cake decorations, we've got gorgeous party finds from Etsy.

Creative storage ideas for the kids' rooms

Creative and practical storage ideas for the kids' toys and books can also add some stylish decor to your home. Visit babyology.com.au for more stylish modern finds for hip kids & parents.

New mum Megan goes topless

Megan Gale has posed topless for magazine's 'sexiest people' issue, five months after welcoming her son.

To the mum in the doctor's waiting room

Maybe the mum I saw in that waiting room, seemingly disconnected from her baby, doesn’t have the support she needs.

10 space-saving nursery ideas

Starting a family doesn't always mean moving into a bigger house - not yet, anyway.

What's in a name?

Baby Names

Looking for a classic name, or an unusual name? Our Baby Name Finder is for you, search or browse to refine your shortlist.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.