B/G twins

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Monkey_Mind

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:29 PM

Hi, we found out yesterday that we are having a bbluestork.gif and ppinkstork.gif  eexcite.gif The only problem is I told my mum the girls name which is Lily Olivia (last name starts with L and is French, so initials will be LOL) and my mum had to say it has too many l's and vowels. I really like it and think it flows and DP loves it too, but now I have a niggling doubt.

The boy will be Joseph Robert Michael or Joseph Michael Robert. Joseph after my partners adoptive father who recently died and the middle names are family names, we don't have any family girl names we like.Any suggestions for an extra middle name for the girl to counter the l's and vowels or is it fine the way it is? And/or wdyt of the order of the boy name with Joseph at the front?

Edited by UpTheDuff78, 21 December 2012 - 01:30 PM.

#2 emlis22

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:40 PM

Congrats!

I prefer Joseph Robert Michael.

The repetitive 'li' sounds in Lily Olivia does mean it gets a little tangled.

Lily Neve Olivia
Lily Emma Olivia
Lily Iris Olivia

Edited by emlis22, 21 December 2012 - 01:41 PM.

#3 erindiv

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:56 PM

I tried to say Lily Olivia fast and I just said Lily Olilia! biggrin.gif

Too much of a tongue twister BUT bear it mind that middle names are not used too much. I think I've said DD's middle name about three times since she was born three years ago!

#4 BlueUnicorn

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:10 PM

I think Lily Olivia is a bit of a mouthful but still very pretty.  Maybe use Lillian Olivia with nn Lily to divert from the 'L' sounds a bit?  

Joseph Robert Michael is an awesome name.  I love Jo as a nn, I also like Robert Joseph Michael, nn Bob or Rob.

#5 la di dah

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:15 PM

EDIT: this whole post sucked and I had to re-do it. Sorry!

I think I like Joseph Robert Michael. Joe is refreshing on a little boy as a NN too.

I like both Lily and Olivia but they are a bit l-heavy together. I do have a sort of slurring accent but it would quickly turn into Lilylivia for me. I'd like to interject more consonants.  I like Lilith and Lillian but I admit Lily itself is super pretty and simple so I can understand its appeal. I'm fond of Octavia but I did grow up knowing beautiful 'Tavias which probably helps.

Something like Lily Jane Olivia might break it up a little more though?

Edited by la di dah, 21 December 2012 - 02:26 PM.

#6 schnookaberg

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:17 PM

Joseph Robert Michael and
Lily Olivia Collette  original.gif

#7 FlutterbyBlue

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:24 PM

Congratulations!!

Lily May Olivia, and
Joseph Michael Robert

#8 Monkey_Mind

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:38 PM

I just got DP to say Lily Olivia fast 10 times roll2.gif oh dear! With the last name it's even worse shrug.gif I love both names though.

I really like Lily Josephine Olivia; do you think it's too close to Joseph?  DP and I split up for a year and then he told me his dad died, I gave him a hug and he gave me a cheeky kiss and it felt like home, we haven't looked back since then. We both think he brought us back together and if we had a boy it would be named after him, using Josephine just adds to that I think.

#9 Monkey_Mind

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:42 PM

La di dah I didn't think your post sucked, your suggestion of Josephine has sparked my interest!

#10 The 7 Dwarfs

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:49 PM

I think a once syllable middle name would go well between Lily and Olivia. Something like

Lily Rose Olivia
Lily Claire Olivia
Lily Eve Olivia
Lily Pearl Olivia
Lily Jade Olivia
Lily Grace Olivia
Lily Hope Olivia

#11 la di dah

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:49 PM

Heh, ok. I was worried you'd think I meant to name your twins Joseph and Josephine as a set, and write me off as a dangerous lunatic forever.  laugh.gif

I think Lily Josephine Olivia is really pretty though.

#12 WithSprinkles

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:59 PM

Joseph Michael Robert and Joseph Robert Michael - both ways sound good to me. Perhaps I like Joseph Michael Robert a smidgen more.

I agree Lily Olivia L.. does sound very "L" heavy. I think if you're giving two middle names to the boy, then I'd give two for the girl also (even though I usually only prefer one middle name) and this way you'll be able to break up the "L" sounds a bit! Is there a family name you could use? Just considering that the boys name is family-name heavy...

I liked the suggestions of Jane and May/Mae.

Other suggestions:
Dawn, Kate, Fawn, Sage, Grace, June, Niamh/Neve

#13 Monkey_Mind

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:11 PM

This is harder than I thought! DP wanted two middle names because it's how the French do it, so two middle names will work for a girl too and be more balanced with the boy. All our female family names are pretty horrible or very old fashioned.
Maybe I should scrap Olivia all together and start fresh just to get rid of some L's blink.gif

#14 kabailz13

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:18 PM

Did your DHs adoptive father have a middle name? Maybe you could use a feminine version of the middle name for a second middle name for Lily?

Congratulations on getting this far with names! When we found out we were having twins we nearly died because then we had to think of names for them Tounge1.gif

In the end, we chose Declan Patrick (Patrick is DHs deceased grandfather's first name, his dad's middle name and his stillborn brother's first name) and Amelia Catherine (Catherine is my Mum's first name).

Oh, DS1 is James William in honour of my grandad who passed away the month before DS1 was conceived - his surname was Williams so maybe a version of the surname would work for you as well?

#15 Feral Madam Mim

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:03 PM

Joseph Michael Robert, and leave the girls name, it's fine as is (unless you wanted to go for something like Lillian Olivia ...., or Lilith Olivia .....)

#16 kerilyntaryn

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:26 PM

Joseph Michael Robert
Lily Olivia is pretty

what about Lillian or Lilibeth/Lilybeth or Lily-Rose or Lilyanne

#17 Gudrun

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:16 AM

Joseph Michael Robert

Yeah, your mother is right about Lily Olivia. Dropping the Olivia and rethinking middles might be the best idea.

However apart from that I don't see why you can't do Lily Josephine Olivia except that it seems a bit long. PP's suggestion of Jane seems to work.   Others that might too:

Beatrice
Simone
Nadine
Martine
Catherine
June
Jean
Dawn

ETA Lily Josette Olivia would give you a Joseph derivative as well.

Edited by Gudrun, 22 December 2012 - 08:46 AM.

#18 Guest_Sunnycat_*

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:49 AM

I quite like Lily Olivia.

I think I prefer Joseph Michael Robert over Joseph Robert Michael but they both sound great.

#19 Monkey_Mind

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:13 PM

Thanks for the replies original.gif I prefer Joseph Michael Robert too, it's not a huge difference but it just sounds right to both my DP and me.

The only time I call my ds by his full name is when he's in trouble, the girl will be called Lily most of the time except when she has roll call at school and probably when in trouble too. I can't imagine people will be saying her name fast for any particular reason either. So I might just stick with Lily Olivia.

When we first started talking names years ago Abigail was the name we were leaning towards, so maybe Lily Abigail Olivia could work but again that's another L! Hopefully it will come to me like it did with my 12 yr old ds middle name just as I was filling in the birth certificate, he's Sean Thomas with an Irish last name.

DP wanted the boy to have two middle names like him, but hasn't said anything like that about the girl so considering my ds has one middle name it doesn't matter too much if the girl has 1 or 2.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Video: 10-week-old baby sounds like she says 'I love you'

It’s mixed in amongst garbled baby talk, but this 10-week-old's apparent attempt at telling her parents that she loves them has made her an internet star.

I only enjoyed pregnancy after booking my caesarean

To say I became obsessed is something of an understatement. Everywhere I went I found cause to be reminded of my impending pain.

When your bundle doesn't bring immediate joy

One mum says joy is very a personal feeling and expecting all new mums to feel it in the months after their baby born may do more harm than good.

Lessons learned from my toddler

Blogger Kiran Chug explains why she is going to let her toddler make more decisions for himself.

Family welcomes first baby girl in more than 100 years

The Silverton family has heard the phrase "it's a girl" for the first time in four generations.

When a community of kindness steps in

In future when someone I care for, or even someone I barely know, is experiencing a difficult time, I will not overthink it. I'll follow my heart.

Mum in Business: Jac Bowie

Jac Bowie is the founder of Business in Heels, one of the fastest growing women’s networking events in Australia. She shares her story, including how she juggles work with a young family, and ways to work smarter.

What not to say to a mum of twins

Being a mum of identical twin boys stirs up great interest and fascination. It also opens itself up to nosy, invasive questions, as well as huge assumptions.

The mums suing over unplanned babies

A mother-of-five who calls her two youngest sons "miracle babies" is just one of many mums seeking financial compensation for their children's unplanned conceptions.

Video: Dad sings 'Hallelujah' to his daughter every year

It's a gorgeous song to begin with, but this dad's version of Hallelujah, sung for his young daughter, is especially touching.

Constipation in babies when starting solids

While starting solids can be frustrating and messy (yet also fun!), introducing solids can also play havoc on tiny digestive systems.

Parents reunited with baby snatched from hospital

A mother whose newborn baby was snatched from hospital has spoken of her joy and relief at getting her daughter back.

In defence of the bumpie

Are bumpies - bump selfies - really "exhibitionism of the weirdest kind"?

Life on the other side of the fence: Why I'm child-free and quite content

Acknowledging that motherhood isn't a bed of roses – to begrudge lack of time, sleep, money and spontaneity – is sacrilegious and a no-no, especially by mother superior-types.

'Go the F*** to Sleep' author's new book for frustrated parents

A sequel is coming soon to the 2011 hit book 'Go the F*** to Sleep' - and this time, it's about mealtimes.

Win a $200 Pumpkin Patch voucher

Fill out this quick survey and tell us in 25 words or less your best pregnancy or parenting tip - you'll go in the draw to win a $200 Pumpkin Patch voucher.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Losing yourself to motherhood

While watching your baby grow into a unique little person is exciting and wondrous, the intensity of meeting everyone else?s needs can ever so sneakily overtake your own needs for self-care.

Tearing during delivery: the facts

Almost all women will experience bruising, grazing or tearing after a vaginal birth. Depending on the degree of tearing, there are various treatments available.

6 tips for a day out with a baby and toddler

Outings can be lots of fun with the kids, but there are inevitable challenges. Here's some information about days out to help you be a little more prepared.

Why I invited a dozen people to watch my son's birth

I sent invitations on burgundy scrapbooking paper stamped with a field of poppies, and told each person why I wanted him or her there. I warned that there would be nudity.

Getting labour started: tips for a natural induction

When your baby?s due date comes and goes without so much as a pop - let alone a bang - it can be disheartening. Mums and a doula share their stories of natural inductions.

7 mistakes old hands make with new babies

As I sat across the table from my friend ? me, a seasoned mother of three; her, a brand new mum ? I thought of all the mistakes an old-hand parent can make when visiting a newborn baby.

That's my boy: a dad's diary of the first 4 months

Unbearable anxiety, unspeakable joy, constant exhaustion and bouts of frustration ... The many shocks of first-time fatherhood resound in a dad's diary of his son's early months.

One of the most important things a new mum can do

Finances may not be as cute as a newborn, but with many women?s working arrangements changing post-baby, monetary matters need attention too.

In defence of the bumpie

Are bumpies really "exhibitionism of the weirdest kind", as one writer has claimed?

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

My Wellbeing

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.