So, what are your kids getting for Christmas?

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#1 EssentialBludger

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:16 PM

DD (8) is getting from us:

Moxie girl
Mousetrap
Furby + carry bag

+ Santa stocking with little bits and pieces (pin art, nail polish, bubbles, magic set, bubble cup, journal etc)

DS (3) is getting from us:

Buzz and Woody
Ten pin bowling
Giggle and hoot PJ's

+ Santa stocking (pin art, bubble cup, bubbles, game, ball etc)

Not sure what they're getting from family.

Christmas is my favourite time of year! I can't wait! What are your kids getting? original.gif

Edited by EssentialBludger, 18 December 2012 - 02:16 PM.

#2 .Jerry.

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:18 PM

No idea. Haven't started Xmas shopping yet.

#3 Rachiee

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:25 PM

A baby rabbit biggrin.gif

A "mummy" set including a dolls change table, cot, baby bath and high chair

A couple of books

Some home made dolls clothes and cloth nappies

#4 Liadan

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:25 PM

I'm waiting for the replies from those who have gotten their kids enough crap to fill up a small storage unit!

DD is getting:
a hootabelle cushion
a hootabelle backpack
a CD of kids songs
a small piggy bank

There was one other thing I was thinking of getting her, but it's a bit large, and I don't have the room for it.

ETA: Disclaimer. If I had my own place and didn't have to contend with my mums and my sisters crap all through the house, I would most likely be getting DD enough crap to full up a small storage unit.

No judgement on those who have gone overboard with gifts for their kids, wish I could do the same. It is so much fun watching them opening the pressies on christmas morning.

Edited by Liadan, 18 December 2012 - 02:41 PM.

#5 Jax12

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:29 PM

Oh god, I'm too embarrassed to say.  I think I've gone overboard...we've only got the one and now that he's 2 and more into Christmas I have just thrown myself into the festive period.  

Let's see...lots of books, a big dump truck and stand and play car thing and painting gear.  Then after I was done I went to the ABC shop...big mistake.  Now he's also go a Hoot lunchbox, jocks and books, a Charlie bear and even more In The Night Garden toys!  A few little stocking stuffers too - play money, cheap imitation crocs with ITNG croc jewels, some Avengers bubble bath from Coles.

Next year we will have a lot less money so embracing one last year of spoiling him rotten at Christmas and hoping he's too young to have the same expectation next year.

I LOVE Christmas!  Cannot wait for everyone to open their presents.  They are all wrapped and stored in the roof.  First time ever we won't be doing a mad shop Christmas Eve and staying up until midnight to wrap.

EFS

Edited by Jax12, 18 December 2012 - 04:10 PM.

#6 EssentialBludger

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:32 PM

Jax12 - I had to tear myself away from the ABC shop before I went crazy with stuff for DS! So much stuff in there he would love!!

(I personally love seeing the overboard lists biggrin.gif )

#7 Mose

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:33 PM

I'm the Mum that left ordering what DS wanted too late, and now can't get it til next year some time.

Lady on the phone: I'm really sorry, we just won't have it, I don't know what to say
Me: Not to worry, he's not yet 2, I doubt he'll really register whether he got it on Christmas day or not
Lady on the phone: ** Stunned silence **

Apparently she had spent all day consoling Mums whose "entire Christmas was ruined" because of a delayed shipment from overseas.

So, he is actually getting a few bits and bobs in his Xmas stocking (CD, little books, a couple of small toys) and from us a puzzle, some bigger books (one he has been asking for) and a new outfit with THOMAS on the front.  I'm pretty sure he'll be thrilled, and get another thrill when his trike actually arrives.

#8 BadCat

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:34 PM

QUOTE (Liadan @ 18/12/2012, 03:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm waiting for the replies from those who have gotten their kids enough crap to fill up a small storage unit!

I'm waiting for the ones who swear they only got their child a single, hand reared Tibetan carrot.  laughing2.gif

My kids are getting:

Lego Mindstorms
Books
Telescope upgrade
Settlers of Catan expansion pack
Small World board game
More books
Massive Minecraft posters

Edited by BadCat, 18 December 2012 - 02:35 PM.

#9 FeralMalinki

DD 4 years

- a bike and helmet
- 3 Dinosaur Train characters
- a backpack for Kindy next year, with lunchbox, sheet set and drink bottle
- a Robo-fish pink and orange clownfish in a bowl from Australian Geographic

DD 1 year

- a ladybug wheelie bug
- a rag doll
- a spinning top
- a few musical instruments
- a 'Little Mermaid' Little People carriage
- a pettiskirt

The big kid, DH, 30-something years

- a bike
- a video game
- a french connection man bag for work, and lunchbox
- the new JK Rowling book
- a couple of super soakers
- some Angry Birds sauces

Edited by SlinkyMalinki, 18 December 2012 - 02:36 PM.

#10 ~Jodama_Feral~

Family present is a iPad. Mainly because I really want one so a good excuse. And DD1 has asked all year and her birthday is on the 29th so she will get some iTunes vouchers to use on it.

Santa presents are new bikes and helmets for all 3.

Santa sacks will have books, undies, socks, lollies, some little items that they ask for and really want but I say no to all year.

From us they will be getting a big lego set each and DD2 is getting a cheap plastic cubby. And a new board game each.

Edited by kriattica, 18 December 2012 - 02:35 PM.

#11 EssentialBludger

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:37 PM

I'm waiting for the ones who swear they only got their child a single, hand reared Tibetan carrot.

I love those posts too Tounge1.gif

#12 Mose

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:42 PM

I'm waiting for the ones who swear they only got their child a single, hand reared Tibetan carrot.

I think you'll find the actual carrot has been donated to a needy family.  The child will be receiving a recycled card outlining the wonderful gift that has been given on their behalf.  Said card will then be re-claimed by the parent so it can be re-used next year.

#13 Mose

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:43 PM

Also, I'm going back to EB school for Christmas and learning how to quote properly!

#14 BadCat

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:43 PM

Of course Mose.  My mistake. blush.gif

#15 Littleone84

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:44 PM

DSS (8) is getting:

Penny (Skateboard)
Ray Bans
Green Lantern gun
The Sword from Adventure Time
Playstation games(3)
DVDs (3)
Rip Curl suitcare bag thing on wheels (for our holiday)
New School Bag for next year
Everlast shoes
chocolate stocking
in car DVD player
Trash packs

Plus he is going to the theme parks in QLD

#16 BadCat

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:45 PM

QUOTE (Mose @ 18/12/2012, 03:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, I'm going back to EB school for Christmas and learning how to quote properly!

Just click on the quote button at the bottom of the post you want to quote then hit reply.  The post will come up as a quote and you can delete any bits you don't want to quote.

#17 summer80

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:46 PM

DD 3 is getting;

- mini micro scooter / helmet
- 3 books
- clothes
- drink bottle
- girly hairbrush
- wooden toy food
- kids gardening set with watering can and gloves
- harmonica
- kaleidoscope
- fairy wand
- pool noodle
-vintage style doll with cute knitted outfit
- Stocking fillers (stickers, little soaps, choc coins, lollipop, tin clickers etc)

More than I intended to get but lots less than some. I love Christmas and find it hard to strike a balance between wanting to spoil her a bit (she's a pretty good kid) and going totally OTT. Last year she was really overwhelmed by all her gifts.

She will also recieve gifts from 2 sets of grandparents + 3 sets of Aunties/Uncles/Cousins

#18 Mose

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:47 PM

QUOTE (BadCat @ 18/12/2012, 03:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just click on the quote button at the bottom of the post you want to quote then hit reply.  The post will come up as a quote and you can delete any bits you don't want to quote.

oooh, look at that!  There's my New Year's Resolution taken care of, thanks BadCat!

#19 BadCat

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:49 PM

original.gif

#20 ~THE~MAGICIAN~

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:49 PM

11 yo DD:

Furby and carry bag

9 yo DD:

Furby and carry bag

They get a stocking each (pillowcase) filled to the brim with:

Geleez
Shower products
Lip gloss and nail varnish
Hairtyes/clips
An outfit
Pj's
Chocolates
Smiggle stuff
Beach towel
Rashie
Boardies
Shoulder Buddy
Books
Underwear
Underwater camera
Headphones
Wind-up torch
Toothbrush and paste
Drink bottle

To share they are getting:

Soda Stream
Slushy Magic
Board game
Karaoke
Wii Just Dance 4

#21 Baggy

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:50 PM

DD (4yo) is getting:

- Kitchen (with pots and pans etc)
- Cabbage Patch Doll
- Book set
- Ball hopper
- Hungry Hippos
- Geleez
- Pillow Pet

DD (21months) is getting:

- Elmo Kitchen  
- Cabbage Patch Doll
- Book Set
- Ball Hopper
- Little People farm
- Play doh
- Pillow Pet

They'll probably get a stocking with a few chocolates and little bits and pieces in too.

ETA: And a dress each to wear on Christmas day original.gif

Edited by Baggy, 18 December 2012 - 02:51 PM.

#22 Tunip

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:57 PM

My son (3.5yo) is getting:

A Dino Lego set - Dino Defense HQ. He has been asking for it for months and I can't wait to give it to him! He is a bit young for it, but he is really into dinosaurs and loves Lego. He and my husband (also a Lego lover) will have a great time building it together.

A Raa Raa The Noisy Lion t-shirt.

A green double bell alarm clock from Smiggle (the closest I could find to Raa Raa's red one).

He receives so much from our extended family that we decided to just give him a couple of things we know he will really love.

#23 Guest_Sunnycat_*

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:59 PM

My DS is only 14 months old and doesn't understand unwrapping presents yet, do far I have gotten him....nothing. I can't believe Christmas is next week!

To be fair to me, I did but him some presents but then I gave them to him because he wanted to play with them.

I am going to get him a sand and water table and a clam shell thingy for the backyard but might wait until after Christmas.

#24 tres-chic

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:01 PM

The boys are getting skateboards, lego, some stocking fillers incluing swimmers, Trash Packs and lollies and chocolates.

All three are getting Pillow Pets and DD is getting a Peppa Pig talking doll, a pretty plate and cutlery set, a Snow White dress up costume and some Duplo.

They will get lots of other stuff from rellos.

#25 mumof2.3

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:04 PM

DD (4)
Figit (is that what they are called, like a furby)
playmobil castle
dress
pj's
stocking fillers

DS(2)
playmobil hospital
nerf guns
set of cars
pjs
stocking fillers

DS(1)
little people car set
pjs
peppa pig boat (love the abc shop)
stocking fillers

I love christmas !!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Share the little things that make you smile

We're giving away a Mountain Buggy nano, the ultimate travel stroller - and here are some of the great entries so far.

Toddler pleads for return of "stolen" nose

A two-year-old's reaction to a game of "got your nose" shows it doesn't take much to make a toddler cry.

The 15 photos new parents share (and five they don't)

From the first scan photo to the baby covered in cake at their first birthday party, there are 15 photos most parents seem to share - and some they don't.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

Breastfeeding friendly café goes viral

A photo of a breastfeeding-friendly sign in a cafe has been posted to Facebook and shared by hundreds of mums around the world.

First look at the Bugaboo Bee3

The newest Bugaboo Bee ? the Bee3 ? offers a variety of improved features, including a much asked-for bassinet and a rainbow of colour combinations.

Childcare costs, not paid leave, the real issue for parents

Given the choice between maintaining their wage for six months to have a child, or having a reduced rate of pay for a time but a better deal on childcare when returning to work, there are no odds on what most working parents would choose.

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

We lost three babies in two years

Our first pregnancy ended the way we all expected it to - with a healthy, happy baby in our arms. What a true blessing he was, for we were not to know the heartache we were about endure.

Family turned back from doomed flight MH17

'There must have been someone watching over us and saying, 'You must not get on that flight,' says mother who narrowly avoided boarding the Malaysian Airlines flight which exploded in mid-air over the Ukraine last night.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Adorable Skeanie loafers for kids

Your little toddler or preschooler can now get their nautical on with a new range of classic loafers by Australian show brand Skeanie.

My baby is hypermobile

For months, I have been telling myself not to worry that Jasmin isn't crawling or walking. This week I heard the term hypermobile for the first time.

When you don?t bond with your baby

They say that there is no bond greater than the bond between a mother and her child. But for some women, the mother-baby bond takes more time and effort to develop.

Yumi Stynes: Having a baby after a 10-year break

After a long break, Yumi Stynes gets a reminder of the pain - and the pleasure - of giving birth.

Grieving father asks for help to Photoshop his daughter's image

When Nathan Steffel's daughter Sophia died from a liver condition at just 6 weeks old, he reached out for someone to create a beautiful image of his little girl.

Raising kids in a 'low media' home

Can you imagine a life without TV or computers? Some parents are opting for a low-tech, screen-free life for their kids.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

Be careful what you say, your baby is listening

The importance of speaking to your baby even if they are not old enough to answer back has been highlighted by new research.

WIN two Sea-Bands plus $1000

Three lucky fans can win a Sea-Band Prize Pack valued at over $1000 each, which includes two Sea-Bands plus a $1000 Eftpos Gift Card!

The beautiful moment a baby was born at the side of a road

It's not where she expected to give birth, but mum Corrine Cinatl is delighted that her daughter's roadside arrival was captured in a series of beautiful photos.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

The Nappy Collective starts new drive

It's that time of year when the dedicated volunteers at The Nappy Collective do their bit to help out mums and children in need - and they need your help.

Baby shower cake wrecks

From misshapen cake babies to questionable text, from odd colour choices to internal organ recreation, these are the baby shower cakes that taste forgot.

Photographer captures the beauty of adoption

The love of a family is usually tough to capture on camera. This is an exception.

Pregnancy progression photo ideas

Want to record your pregnancy as your belly grows? Here are some creative, fun ideas for photo shoots along the way.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Tin can craft and DIY ideas

Got a few old formula, Milo or coffee cans around the house? Use these fantastic upcycling ideas to create items for around the house and yard.

Dads meet their newborn for the first time

Emotional photos of two fathers meeting their newborn son have resonated with viewers worldwide, attracting thousands of Facebook likes and shares.

Skin safety isn't just a summer worry

Lax about the slip slop slap with your kids as weather turns cooler? Here's a reminder as to why we have to remain vigilant for our children?s future health.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Creative sleeping baby photoshoots

See how some parents and photographers have captured sleeping babies in unusual positions and using different props.

DIY kitchen and food hacks

DIY your way to a better kitchen and make cooking easier with our clever hacks. (Some content reproduced with permission from mashable.com.)

Winter warmers for babies and toddlers

Your baby or toddler will be nice and snug in these beautiful and fun winter pieces. Most are hand-made or knitted, and they're all designed to keep your little one toastie - and adorable!

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.