Early pregnancy

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 ajaynea

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

Hi all.. I was hoping someone would be able to offer some advice or reassurance. I'm 8w 3d pregnant. Weeks 6-7 my morning sickness, tiredness and breast soreness was really intense. But over the last 4 days it's subsided to the point that today's it's almost gone. I have also have stomach pains and cramps (low down, pelvic) on and off, but constantly the last 3 days. I've had no spotting or bleeding at all. I had a miscarriage in October last  year, blighted ovum, no bleeding at all, found via US and D&C a few days later. I have an ultrasound this Tuesday and I'm so scared its going to be bad news again.. Does anyone have any advice? I feel like such a worry wart. Thank you so much.

#2 pinkelephant

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:58 PM

I had the same thing as you. It's such a scary and exciting time.  Unfortunately you cannot control the outcome on tuesday--- but blighted ovums are one of those "once off" things and the likelihood of having it twice is extremely low.

I am now 19 weeks and during the 1st trimester my symptoms were on and off constantly.  The cramping is completely normal as everything is growing and stretching.

Unfortunately if you are like me you will continue to worry throughout your pregnancy.  I just keep telling myself that everything and nothing is normal and I can't control the outcome.  I didn't want to miss out on enjoying the pregnancy because I was overcome with worry.

Best of luk on Tuesday- come back and let us know how it goes!

#3 Spring Chickadee

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:10 PM

During my first trimester my morning sickness switched between terrible and non existent. I also had cramps and sharp pain daily.

My healthy 6 week old is breastfeeding right now.

#4 dessy123

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:25 PM

just wanted to reply and let you know that im going through the same thing atm, although i am blessed to have 2 healthy DS's and am very fortunate that i havent suffered a pregnancy loss in the past. I am currently about 6 weeks today, my symptoms seem to have disappeared too....im worried sick....i have a dating scan in the morning which i am slightly excited about, but very terrified...like a pp said, we cant do much to change the outcome regardless unfortunately...

#5 ajaynea

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:28 PM

Thank you all.. It does make me feel better, inevitable that I'll worry but fingers crossed. I have already had one US, and it showed its not a blighted ovum. Which was a relief, but my last pregnancy ending that way just plants that seed of doubt.
Dessy123, good luck for your dating scan tomorrow x

#6 BeccaBoo88

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:09 AM

Hi there,
Just wanted to add that you aren't alone. It's a scary time even if you have every symptom under the sun I think. I was CONSTANTLY googling things about miscarriages or what a cramp here or there meant or if my symptoms were too intense or not intense enough. I think until this baby is in my arms I won't feel secure. I haven't had any children or pregnancy losses, so I can't offer much... just know you aren't alone. Every expectant mother has been there. I wish you all the best at your scans, I know how scary they were for me, but remember nothing that happens can be effected by you.. try your hardest to forget the worries and enjoy this miracle. original.gif

#7 lozoodle

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:13 AM

My sickness disappeared literally overnight at 8w6d. I panicked, but all is fine original.gif

#8 Koobie83

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:45 AM

I felt exactly the same. I ended up doing 8 pregnancy tests just to reassure myself I was still pregnant. I was even more worried when the sickness suddenly stopped. I talked to my GP as well. She said it's normal and your hormones fluctuate. Even now sometimes I feel good, sometimes I feel tired and crampy and really 'feeling' it. And I am like you and worried about everything. I lost a pregnancy 6 years ago and then had another suspected miscarriage about 3 years ago so I'm constantly terrified I'm going to lose this one. Even now I wake up and freak out thinking my bump has gone, but it's still there.

I had serious cramping too in the early days. Strong enough to feel like a period was coming on. My Mum tells me this is the baby 'burrowing' in - but it's more likely just ligament stretches as your uterus is growing and pushing upwards.

I hope everything works out well for you.. good luck :-)

P.S. One doctor told me not to worry myself too much - it's all part of being a mother. You worry about them from the moment you find out you are pregnant right up until they are 30 and for the rest of their lives. You're just being a Mum.

Edited by Koobie83, 17 December 2012 - 10:49 AM.

#9 pjemc

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:03 AM

You sound somewhat like me. I had all the symptoms (apart from very little MS) and then one day around 8 or 9 weeks it seemed to all be gone. I was so worried and scared, those people who knew about the pregnancy all said you should be happy the symptoms are going and you can feel better. I just kept saying NO by having all these symptoms I know there is something going on in there and my body just hasnt stopped because something is wrong. I had a dating scan at 6 weeks and that was all normal and then my OB did another scan at my first appointment at 10 weeks and still all good. Tomorrow I have my 12 week scan (currently 12 weeks 4 days) and I have not stopped worrying that something is going to be wrong or my baby will have stopped growing despite having a scan with my OB only 2.5 weeks ago. I don't think the worry and insecurity will stop until we have our babies in our arms healthy and well

P.S I still have mild cramping but I am told that is normal and its all just part of your body stretching and expanding to make room for baby original.gif

#10 HeartMyBoys

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:07 AM

Going through the same as we speak. I'd tell you not to worry, but that would make me a hypocrite. After a loss, its very hard not to have these worries.

#11 Tesseract

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:20 AM

Early pregnancy symptoms come and go, it doesn't mean anything. And remember that they are just that: "early" pregnancy symptoms - for most women they don't continue through to the second trimester. I only had morning sickness for two weeks, then it went away. It's got to end sometime, so just try to relax!

I know it's hard, I've had an early loss as well. But at this point there is nothing you can do except try to relax.

#12 CountryBumpkin

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:38 AM

I never felt pregnant - I never for morning sickness, tiredness, peeing all night... Until 13 weeks when I started having pupps like problems, I had no reason to believe I was pregnant. Apart from positive tests. The only reason I now feel pregnant is movement and a growing belly! It was hard to deal with, not feeling anything, wondering if I really was.

#13 dessy123

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:57 AM

thought i would pop back in, just back from my dating scan, my dates were spot on...and i have a healthy little one in there with a normal heart beat original.gif i convinced myself something was wrong yesterday, stupid google...lol..i dont remember worrying like this with my boys..maybe because it happened so quickly..and i have known so many people to have so many dramas with conceiving etc i just cant believe i can be so lucky i guess..and my boobs still arent sore, im barely suffering MS, so different from my last 2 pregs. I hops this will help reassure you a little bit original.gif

And yes im still stressing lol.

#14 ajaynea

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:26 PM

Great news for you Dessy123. Try your best to relax now! I hope I have news such as this tomorrow.. My cramps were really bad overnights. But seem to of subsided today. My symptoms are mildly back but only a touch.. It's so frustrating! I'd prefer to have my head in a toilet (never thought I'd say that)
Thank you for everyone's comforting advise.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

First look at Renee Zellweger in Bridget Jones's Baby

Bridget is now in her 40s and is a successful publishing executive - but also has a pregnancy to contend with as well.

Newlyweds send bill to no-show guests

Planning a wedding can be stressful – and, as most newlyweds can attest, it can be very costly, too.

Claire Danes: acting out postnatal depression was difficult

Actress Claire Danes found it difficult pretending to have postnatal depression in Homeland, as she had just become a new mother herself.

Sneak peek: Geleeo self-cooling pram & high chair liners

We just spotted Geleeo, a brand new self-cooling pram liner you can buy in time for summer.

The moment a 92-year-old meets her great grandaughter

It's a heart-warming photo this family will treasure forever.

How to prepare for breastfeeding when you're still pregnant

While every woman's breastfeeding journey is different, many hurdles are shared. Knowing what to expect will enable you to make informed decisions if - or when - you meet challenges along the way.

Win a Family Farm Trip with Shaun the Sheep

To celebrate the Home Entertainment release of Shaun the Sheep Movie, Essential Kids and Universal Sony Pictures Home Entertainment are offering one winner and their family a holiday to a farm.

Sneak peek: new Love Mae bamboo dinnerware designs

We do love ourselves some brand new designs in tried and true products. The renowned bamboo dinnerware from Love Mae has just had several more members join the family, in addition to a brand new website.

Mum who killed paedophile gets reduced sentence

A mother-of-five who killed a paedophile has had her jail sentence reduced by a judge who described her case as a "truly exceptional" one.

Win a Justine Clarke Pyjama Jam! prize pack

The Pyjama Jam! tour will see Justine Clarke returning to more intimate venues around Australia, creating the perfect comfy and cozy atmosphere for a PJ party.

Toddler's silent debate with mum about naptime

He might not utter a single word - but this toddler is having a great debate with his mother about nap time.

Silence is golden ... or is it?

Silence is golden, or so the saying goes. But when it comes to children, quite the opposite is true.

Awards 2015: Vote now for a chance to win $2000

Vote for your favourite pregnancy, baby and toddler products for your chance to win your share of $2500 in cash prizes.

Scientists identify potential birth control 'pill' for men

Two drugs that help suppress the immune system in organ transplant patients may have a future as the long-sought birth control "pill" for men, new research suggests.

Running for beginners: taking the first steps

It's that time of year when the weather warms up and there's more opportunity to get out and go for a jog.

Tips for turning yourself into a morning person

Mornings are a great time to spend time in reflection or to get outside and get moving.

Thousands sign petition for unborn babies killed by domestic violence

Almost 8000 people have signed a petition calling for a law to recognise unborn babies killed by domestic violence in NSW.

Pregnant Sarah Harris tells body-shamers to 'get stuffed'

Television presenter Sarah Harris has a message for anyone who tries to body-shame pregnant women or new mums.

In defence of 'brexting'

Mums spend literally hours a day with a baby attached to their boob, or giving them a bottle. Surely they don't all need to be spent looking at the baby?

How a fellow passenger made a mum's day on a flight

As any parent who has ever travelled with a baby knows it can be a daunting experience. The stares and attitude of unsympathetic fellow travellers only serve to make the journey even more stressful. 

What's hot on EB

Stella McCartney honours mum with lacy bra

Fashion designer Stella McCartney has honoured her late mum, Linda McCartney, by designing a special bra for post-mastectomy patients.

Don't panic: A granddad midwife's guide for dads-to-be

Mark Harris has helped deliver 500 babies. And he's now telling fathers what to expect.

How to be a calm parent when you're feeling anything but

Being a calm parent takes a lot of work, sometimes more than is obvious to those around us.

The joy and isolation of being a stay-at-home dad

It's cool, kind of like a second childhood. I love him to bits and think, on average, I'm an okay dad. But I also want to talk about the other stuff.

How baby Teddy's short life is helping save thousands of lives

He may have only lived for 100 minutes, but that didn't stop baby Teddy from saving the lives of others.

A heartbreaking trail of missed chances in death of baby forgotten in car

A haunting reminder to stay mindful about babies in cars, especially as we approach summer.

What to do if your baby has tongue-tie

Tongue-tie can cause feeding problems. However once it is diagnosed, the condition can be easily treated.

How to move house without losing your mind

Some people move frequently, while others like to stay put. But everyone finds it stressful.

'She had nowhere to go': how new mum's life began to unravel

The birth of her first child should have been happiest of times for Campsie mother Phuong Cao, but friends say it marked the beginning of when her life began to unravel. 

Women giving birth to a son keep some of his Y chromosomes

It was an experiment doomed to failure - they were looking for male cells in female bodies. And their search was stunningly successful.

Photos: How babies fit in the womb

A gorgeous photo series shows babies in the first hours after their birth - as they were positioned in the womb.

Baby tries to persuade stubborn bulldog to walk, fails

We don't know what he's saying, but this baby has a very clear message for his bulldog pal: let's walk - NOW.

The best toddler gift ever? Nine gender-neutral play kitchen picks

Without a doubt, one of the best gifts for a toddler turning two or three is a play kitchen.

9 easy steps to improve your baby photography

With a few simple tips you can take your images from random happy snaps to lovely clean images that create beautiful lasting memories.

What are your favourite baby products?

The Essential Baby Awards are on now, and we need your help! Have your say on your top picks and you'll go in the draw to win a share of $2500.

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.