So apparently...
*fluff*

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 KatakaGeoGirl

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:17 PM

The world ends this coming Friday.

So what are you planning to do in your last week on earth?

(PS I need a bit of fluff....)

Edited by Katakacpk, 15 December 2012 - 10:17 PM.

#2 Peridot

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:22 PM

I'm boring.. I'm trying to not eat to get to a mini goal weight for my drs appointment.. Silly me always leaves things until the last minute!!

Then we have DHs work dinner on that Friday night!!

#3 password123

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:23 PM

Starting a tattoo removal process though seems kind of pointless now. Having DD's 6 month immunizations (also kind of pointless if the world is ending).

#4 MagsJee

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:26 PM

Damn, should have bought pavlovas at the market today  nno2.gif

#5 KatakaGeoGirl

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:26 PM

I hope to sign up a contract for a house once finance is approved (hopefully). So at least we can celebrate for like 4 days before the world ends. Nothing worse that having to stress my way through the last few days on earth. My DD has a dentist appointment on Thursday... seems not worthwhile putting her through it!

#6 Expelliarmus

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:27 PM

Ah crap. I shouldn't have bothered with the Christmas shopping and I'm not going to make 39.

Devo.

On the upside, it doesn't matter that I am unemployed! Tounge1.gif

#7 Aribika

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:30 PM

Well I'll certainly stop stressing about the fact that DH is unemployed.   original.gif

Lorraine

#8 Canberra Chick

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:30 PM

I'm planning to spend my nominally last day on earth buying small goods and fancy olives and cheese for Christmas. I'm assuming I will get to eat them on the day.. wink.gif

#9 *-*

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:31 PM

Will spend tomorrow Christmas shopping, Y'know, just in case we survive.  Poor form to turn up Christmas day and tell the fams we got them nothing, cause we thought they'd be dead.

Will also buy DH a birthday pressie.  Cause if the last day is the 21st - it really does depend which time zone, cause if it's the US 21st, then we will have to celebrate DH's birthday for a few minutes before we cark it. Again, poor form not to have a present for him, then having to explain that I thought he would be dead.

#10 *-*

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:31 PM

Apparently I got carried away....

Edited by *~Katrina~*, 15 December 2012 - 10:32 PM.

#11 KatakaGeoGirl

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:32 PM

Oh yeah and hopefully my very late x 2 parcels from Brands Exclusive will arrive before the day. Because I'd like to get to wear my new dresses at least once!!

#12 Just Another Cat

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:34 PM

I will be getting ready to go on holiday, packing bags and the car. We're leaving on Saturday so all my work might be for nothing.

Should have planned the holiday 1 week earlier  mellow.gif

#13 TopsyTurvy

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:35 PM

Having work breakup morning tea at DH's work.

Home for DS nap time (mean mummy making him nap on the last day ever!)

Grocery shopping, to buy food, you know just in case we don't all die.

Housework, so at least I can be proud of the state of it when the earth implodes.

Wash my hair?  Sorry end of the world, but I can't make it because I am washing my hair.

Yep that's it.

#14 Beanbag Warrior

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:38 PM

a*se on the couch, watching the cricket & eating icecream.

Hells Yeah.

#15 Just Another Cat

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:42 PM

*~Katrina~* roll2.gif

I might need that excuse for not getting my mum a gift (no idea what to buy her), not sure how it will go down though.

#16 YellowKittyGlenn

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:46 PM

Hoping that it ends at either 12 am so I dont have to go to work and doesn't ruin my weekend Or 11:59pm because I'll be sleeping and wont know the difference.

However if a Zombie knocks on my door know that I wont be inviting said Zombie in for a drink.

#17 DreamFeralisations

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:53 PM

Celebrating my daughter's 3rd birthday - which, I believe, may be the reason that the Mayans put and end to calendar making...

And in case it doesn't come to a grinding halt, I will still need to prepare for the party on the Saturday...

#18 DreamFeralisations

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:05 PM

Twice, apparently!!

Edited by suziej, 15 December 2012 - 11:07 PM.

#19 EssentialBludger

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:06 PM

It's my DD's 8th birthday... I'm sorting of hoping for the apocalypse so I don't have to deliver on the spongebob cake I promised...

#20 Paddlepop

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:13 PM

My dad runs his own business using a small digger machine to do things like dig holes, level house sites, spread soil, etc. A few weeks ago he got a job from a lady to dig some inground compost heap holes. He was a bit confused about exactly what she wanted but went to the job anyway. She showed him where she wanted them, and what size. No worries, Dad digs them.

Once he was finished she paid him and told him that they were actually food bunker holes for when the apocalypse comes. He was very surprised! She explained it all to him about how the mountain she lives near will break the tsunami that comes and help to shield her from radiation too. She is planning to fill drums with food and bury them in the holes Dad had just dug. There was more but I can't remember it now. Apparently there are a few people with the same ideas as her living in that area.

Dad told her that if she had just been honest and said what the holes were for he would have put them in a better position where they wouldn't be subject to water run off, and run off from the septic tank trench.

She has now contacted Dad again to dig more holes for her for her apocalypse preparation...

#21 YellowKittyGlenn

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:16 AM

Paddlepop I would have found it so damn hard not to laugh or ask if she was joking.

Kudos for your dad for not laughing at her and offering suggestions about position of said holes

#22 weepingangel

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:27 AM

Lol paddlepop, she sounds like she is off that doomsday program on Foxtel.

ETA it's called doomsday preppers original.gif

Edited by pukeko~ponga~tree, 16 December 2012 - 12:29 AM.

#23 Paddlepop

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:47 AM

Dad didn't laugh at her while he was talking to her. She had just paid about $800 in cash for the job. That is a very good customer, and one to keep for repeat business.

However he sure laughed when he was telling me about her! He had trouble talking because he was laughing so much. I'm curious about what he has found out from the work he did for her on Thursday. As long as she pays on time, he'll dig as many holes as she wants!

#24 greengoddess

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:04 AM

Oh, sh*t, that's THIS Friday? I've diarised the wrong date.

#25 toosenuf

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:56 AM

have not much planned for next Friday, will wait and see what crops up, lol.

wasn't the world also supposed to end on the 12th?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

A mum's tragic battle against inflammatory breast cancer

At just 37 years of age, with two young sons, Vicki was diagnosed with inflammatory breast cancer. Now her family wants all women to know the symptoms.

The business of babies around the world

Pregnancy and birth is an intriguing process no matter where you are in the world. One soon-to-be father gleans wisdom from a new guide.

Finding a positive path through IVF

It’s not surprising that IVF is often seen as a negative journey towards the ultimate positive, but having a glass-half-full approach can make a big difference to the experience.

Giving strangers the gift of parenthood

A mum explains why she and her husband are choosing to gift their leftover embryos to help strangers achieve their dream of parenthood.

Does morning sickness get better or worse with each child?

Just as every baby is unique, so is every pregnancy. And that means morning sickness can vary a lot, too.

What's so wrong with looking 'mumsy', anyway?

Why is it that the word ‘mumsy’ has connotations of such a negative nature – but seems to be the only other option apart from ‘yummy’?

Trying to speed up the inevitable

As the waiting game of late pregnancy continues, this mum considers a few things that might hurry things up a little.

One month later: where is William Tyrell?

It has been a little over a month since William Tyrell disappeared from his grandmother's home, 33 long sleepless nights for his family as they mourn the absence of their cheeky young boy.

Winter's child less likely to be moody: study

Babies born in the summer are much more likely to suffer from mood swings when they grow up, while those born in the winter are less likely to become irritable adults, scientists claim.

Single mum of two creates award-winning baby app

Suddenly single with a baby and an 11-year-old son, Tara O?Connell developed an app to improve the lives of mothers who were similarly overwhelmed.

Food for thought: looking after yourself as a new mum

As soon as your baby enters the world, everything else takes a back seat - even the necessities of daily life such as eating are severely compromised, right when you need energy the most.

'Grabbable guts' campaign aims to cut toxic fat

The Live Lighter campaign will take people inside the human body to show the internal dangers of being overweight.

The best and worst month of my life

A new mum's first month of motherhood didn't pan out as expected when she lost a family member weeks after her baby's birth.

Facebook and Apple offer to pay female staff to freeze their eggs

Facebook and Apple are hoping to provide women with the freedom to build their careers without the added pressure of having children at or by a certain age.

How a pregnancy contract could work for you and your partner

The idea of making a 'pregnancy contract' with your partner may sound a bit silly at first, but it can help make the transition to parenthood a lot smoother.

Finding a mum-friendly personal trainer

Burping babies vs burpees – yes, new mums and personal trainers live in different worlds. But they can work together - once you find the right match for you and your lifestyle.

Alleged baby snatch incident a ?misunderstanding?, say police

Police say that an incident in which a man pulled on a woman?s pram while walking a popular Sydney route late last month was a misunderstanding.

Ebola killed my aunt and is shutting down my country

Three weeks ago, my auntie, a midwife, developed a fever. Sitting here in Sydney basked in Australian sunshine, that shouldn't be big news.

The night my ovary burst

One mum shares her frightening experience and vows to never take her health for granted again.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

16 parenting truths you won't find in the baby books

I am five years into this parenting gig and I’ve learnt that sleepless nights and changing dirty nappies are child’s play.

Best and worst potty party cakes

It's nice to celebrate a child making the shift from nappies to 'big kid' undies, but do we really need a semi-realistic used toilet cake to do it? Here are some of the best and worst cakes parents have used at 'potty parties' around the world.

7 tips for a financially festive Christmas

Plan ahead - and do it now - to ensure festive season expenses don't break the bank.

'Go the F*** to Sleep' author's new book for frustrated parents

A sequel is coming soon to the 2011 hit book 'Go the F*** to Sleep' - and this time, it's about mealtimes.

Great birthday party buys from Etsy

Handmade crafts to decorate and personalise your child's next birthday - from banners to cake decorations, we've got gorgeous party finds from Etsy.

Creative storage ideas for the kids' rooms

Creative and practical storage ideas for the kids' toys and books can also add some stylish decor to your home. Visit babyology.com.au for more stylish modern finds for hip kids & parents.

New mum Megan goes topless

Megan Gale has posed topless for magazine's 'sexiest people' issue, five months after welcoming her son.

To the mum in the doctor's waiting room

Maybe the mum I saw in that waiting room, seemingly disconnected from her baby, doesn’t have the support she needs.

10 space-saving nursery ideas

Starting a family doesn't always mean moving into a bigger house - not yet, anyway.

What's in a name?

Baby Names

Looking for a classic name, or an unusual name? Our Baby Name Finder is for you, search or browse to refine your shortlist.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.