Brag about your kids acheivements this year here
total ASW post, come join in

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#1 liveworkplay

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:55 PM

So I can't brag IRL, so I thought I would to anonymous strangers.

DD2, in her first year of school got mostly "Working at a high level" on her report (Sliding scale still learning.....appropriate development....working at high level) and went from not being able to read in first term to being able to read simple chapter books now biggrin.gif

DD2 got all B's in her overall mark for all her academic subjects with a few A's for individual components. She is, once again, receiving an end of year award (yet to find out which)

Proud of my hard working girls biggrin.gif

Oh and DD3 (3) knows all her shapes, colours and can count to 20 (mostly correctly) laughing2.gif

Edited by liveworkplay, 13 December 2012 - 05:56 PM.

#2 ~Supernova~

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:03 PM

Both of my children are lucky they are still alive and I haven't strangled them. Now THAT is an achievement (well maybe for me)!!! Tounge1.gif

#3 #tootired

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

My DS aged 9 swam 5 x 33mtr laps at the swimming carnival....dead last in all. But at least he had a go unlike many other kids who didn't show up.

#4 RichardParker

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

My foetus has positioned himself with his head down ready for birth in a few weeks.  He clearly knows what he's doing and is very advanced.

#5 livvie7586

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:12 PM

DS-he's made it through his first year of school (6 days left).  He has hypotonia, and struggles at times to keep up (and gets tired very easily), but he has attempted everything thrown at him (including a 5km walkathon), is at the top of the class for reading and maths, and has worked through issues with the help of his amazing teacher.

DD-has become independent of mummy, has made friends, and i think is finally ready to start preschool next year (she is a cling on child, and wouldn't let me out of her sight at the start of the year)

#6 CountryFeral

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:15 PM

My nephew went to the state swimming championships and swam in every final!

He had never swum a race prior to his school swimming carnival - and he won them all! Then followed that up by winning every race at the regional carnival as well!

I suspect next year when he learns how to dive (and maybe refrains from stopping and turning around in the backstroke final to make sure he won't hit his head) he might do even better!

The sweetest thing was hearing him say "That was really good fun! I can't wait till next year!" as we left the venue, his Mum had been a bit worried that the shock of not winning everything might have left him a bit flat.

#7 liveworkplay

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:16 PM

Mareek: My kids should be thankful for that as well!

#tootired: Well done DS!  I have a child who wont attempt something unless she knows she will succeed. I am working on her having your DS's attitude, it will place him in an excellent position in life original.gif

*Greenbag* Clearly. Two of mine never ever managed that laughing2.gif

livvie7586: What an amazing achievement. You must want to shout it from the rooftops biggrin.gif

#8 hoohoobump

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:24 PM

Mine is managing to drop off to sleep when drowsy WITHOUT ME HOlDING him!!!

Lots of other things too, but at almost 3, it's about time!!!

#9 mumto3princesses

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:40 PM

So proud of all 3 of my girls.

DD#1 has done so well this year. At last parent teacher interviews she was very close as in only 2 or 3 spots away from gifted and talented classes for next year for both Maths and Science. And the gap between her and the last spot half way through the year was only half a percent in Science! Not sure if she moved up but regardless I'm so proud. All her comments were glowing with A's and B's. She even managed an A for English even though she has struggled for years with spelling (which has also improved). Has volunteered to help coach the young kids at gymnastics all year and is in turn being shown the best ways to help them.

Both DD#2 & DD#3 had glowing reports all "high" or "sound" with a 5 for effort in everything with glowing comments. huge improvement for DD#2 since her ADHD disgnoses this year.

DD#3 has found a love of swimming and wants more lessons next year which we will do. Also a bit worried though as she also seems besotted with a year 6 boy who is a very good swimmer (and she is only in year 3). LOL She just moved up to the squad this term.

And DD#2 has become a bit of a daredevil when it comes to gymnastics which I managed to see this week. Even the coach was impressed with much she has improved and how high she was managing to get her summies for such a little thing. I just hope she feels better for their display on Saturday so I can see everything.

#10 Ducky*Fuzz

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

Won't get reports until next week, but DD received Academic Achievement award (so did 3 of her close friends!)  DS received "Star of the Week" where he was praised at assembly on all the great things about him and got a special award with it. original.gif Very proud biggrin.gif

#11 Canberra Chick

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:55 PM

DD is pretty much daytime toilet trained and has become a creative and affectionate little girl instead of the raging tyrant she was. She can also read her name and spell the first three letters. Her free form take on numbers is improving too...

DS has gone from being a nervous nelly in the pool to swimming over 25m, diving in, getting stuff off the bottom of the deep end etc. this year was his last year in under 7's rugby and he took on a captaincy role and really enjoyed it. He's beginning grading for piano and he's doing extension work in literacy and numeracy. Now to get him to empty his shorts pockets before they end up in  the laundry basket... And keep his room tidy.

#12 WinterIsComing

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:05 PM

My son was the first in my MG to crawl and walk! In fact, he is the only one walking, took first steps at 9 months  biggrin.gif He now runs around the playground alongside toddlers.

At 10 months, he can clap his hands, lift up the placemat off the dining table to "hide" behind (reverse peekaboo), say "mamma" when wants milk and "dada" when DH gets up with him each morning! As you can imagine, we are POSITIVE we have the smartest baby in the world!

Feels so good to brag!

#13 Escapin

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:05 PM

DD learnt to walk and talk. That's pretty cool original.gif

#14 Walkers

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:12 PM

Brag session, excellent!
My eldest, not FYOS but FYOUni  biggrin.gif  was selected by World Vision to be part of a volunteer program in India next year. She was ecstatic when she got the news as there were hundreds of applicants. She is really looking forward to it. She is going to make a fabulous doctor one day. I'm so proud  wub.gif

#15 Feral Cancerian

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:20 PM

DD1 has most conquered a very severe stutter, yay! I'm gobsmacked at how easily she's done it.
DD2 has successfully extended the terrible twos until almost the age of four. Impressive.

#16 gabbigirl

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:25 PM

My now four year old has often pushed me a rage I never knew I had, but this time she shone.....we took the girls, my 3 and 2 yo, to visit my aunt in the nursing home which was rare as we live interstate.  

My aunt resembled a living corpse, as she was suffering from a degenerative disease. My aunt could only communicate by blinking or squeezing our hands.  My little girl, 3yo, took my aunts hand, put  it on her own cheek and said ' you are beautiful'.   My aunt understood as she squeezed my daughters hand back.

Was a really beautiful moment.  My aunt died a few months later, so glad my girls spent a little time with her.

#17 tickledpink72

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:27 PM

My DS who was diagnosed with a global development delay at 18 months old can now count to 20, recite the alphabet and knows all his colours.  He has also gone from virtually no recognisable words to almost speaking in complete sentences.  

I am beyond proud  original.gif

Edited by tickledpink72, 13 December 2012 - 08:28 PM.

#18 EBeditor

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:30 PM

DD knows her colours and can cut in a straight line with scissors! (She is 3). I get DS' report tomorrow.

That is fantastic, tickledpink!

#19 L&E

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:33 PM

DS1 (nearly 11) has lifted all academic and effort marks on his report to a solid B, I'm most chuffed about the effort ones as his previously un-dx ADHD made putting effort in at school difficult. He has also matured heaps in his understanding of himself, his triggers, strengths and areas of difficulty, plus come to peace with taking meds to help him. He doesn't hide his tablet-taking from his friends anymore as he doesn't feel ashamed of his ADHD as much as he used to.

DS2 (nearly 3) has developed an unbelievable vocab and ability to reason and use logic this year. Probably his most striking development for me has been his imagination...he prefers a stick/glad wrap tube/container/chair and blanket to most other toys and is constantly taking us on pirate/monster hunting adventures, or role playing being a daddy.

I'm very proud of both my amazing, loving boys wub.gif

#20 jo-v

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:37 PM

My DS's little report from Kindy had top marks for every area and the write up from his teacher actually made me well up! He was very anxious at the start of the year but has come on leaps and bounds and we're very proud of our little guy.

DD turns 2 tomorrow, her vocab has already exploded and she uses pretty much properly formed sentences. She's adorable.

Very proud Mummy.  biggrin.gif

#21 IsolaBella

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:46 PM

DS2 has gone from borderline delayed assessment in receptive to above average (ie top 86%) in receptive language. Expressive language is now at 32% which is an improvement too.

DS1 has gone from level 8 readers to level 30 this year in first grade. Has also been joining 3-4 th graders for maths from time to time too.

DD is still driving me insane.

#22 mintpatty

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:46 PM

My 10 year old daughter made it into zone cross country, zone athletics in discus and shot put, the junior dance ensemble, the public speaking finals and received the "Excellence in Writing" award at yesterday's school presentation day.  She also came 2nd in ballet in a big dance eisteddfod.

Other than the writing, she got none of this talent from either me or my husband, and had she not been a 1.5kg premmie I would wonder if she was swapped at birth   biggrin.gif

My 7 year old son is still the easiest going, sweetest, most affectionate little boy in the world.

#23 ALEJA

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:53 PM

DS1 made his first true friend at kindy and they have been best mates for over 7 months. I find that so special and for him being such a shy, sometimes awkward quirky kid, I was so proud of him.

#24 Freddie'sMum

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:00 PM

Miss-5 is usually an outgoing, super confident kid.

I don't know what has happened to knock her confidence - but ever since we did the Kindy orientation (she starts at "big school" next year) she has hated going to pre-school - crying, screaming, "I don't want you to go Mummy".  The full works.

Today was the pre-school Christmas concert - I arrived and she clung to me - it got to the point, where they had all the little kids lined up to do their singing - and I was standing in the bloody row with her because she wouldn't let go of my hand !!  

Finally got her off me and she stayed with all her little friends and even joined in the singing.

Very proud of her.

#25 *Finn*

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:16 PM

DS - who turns 3 in a few weeks has just gone 2 weeks straight at school without hurting any of his friends. No punching, biting, hitting. Just been lovely and the teachers were very proud!! And relieved lol.

DD (21 months) is finally sleeping through the night !!!!! This is huge!!! She has gone from 5 wake ups to sleeping through most of the time. She is also totally on to toilet training she loves it. It's a total novelty!! And hopefully it doesn't end lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Share the little things that make you smile

We're giving away a Mountain Buggy nano, the ultimate travel stroller - and here are some of the great entries so far.

Toddler pleads for return of "stolen" nose

A two-year-old's reaction to a game of "got your nose" shows it doesn't take much to make a toddler cry.

The 15 photos new parents share (and five they don't)

From the first scan photo to the baby covered in cake at their first birthday party, there are 15 photos most parents seem to share - and some they don't.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

Breastfeeding friendly café goes viral

A photo of a breastfeeding-friendly sign in a cafe has been posted to Facebook and shared by hundreds of mums around the world.

First look at the Bugaboo Bee3

The newest Bugaboo Bee ? the Bee3 ? offers a variety of improved features, including a much asked-for bassinet and a rainbow of colour combinations.

Childcare costs, not paid leave, the real issue for parents

Given the choice between maintaining their wage for six months to have a child, or having a reduced rate of pay for a time but a better deal on childcare when returning to work, there are no odds on what most working parents would choose.

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

We lost three babies in two years

Our first pregnancy ended the way we all expected it to - with a healthy, happy baby in our arms. What a true blessing he was, for we were not to know the heartache we were about endure.

Family turned back from doomed flight MH17

'There must have been someone watching over us and saying, 'You must not get on that flight,' says mother who narrowly avoided boarding the Malaysian Airlines flight which exploded in mid-air over the Ukraine last night.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Adorable Skeanie loafers for kids

Your little toddler or preschooler can now get their nautical on with a new range of classic loafers by Australian show brand Skeanie.

My baby is hypermobile

For months, I have been telling myself not to worry that Jasmin isn't crawling or walking. This week I heard the term hypermobile for the first time.

When you don?t bond with your baby

They say that there is no bond greater than the bond between a mother and her child. But for some women, the mother-baby bond takes more time and effort to develop.

Yumi Stynes: Having a baby after a 10-year break

After a long break, Yumi Stynes gets a reminder of the pain - and the pleasure - of giving birth.

Grieving father asks for help to Photoshop his daughter's image

When Nathan Steffel's daughter Sophia died from a liver condition at just 6 weeks old, he reached out for someone to create a beautiful image of his little girl.

Raising kids in a 'low media' home

Can you imagine a life without TV or computers? Some parents are opting for a low-tech, screen-free life for their kids.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

Be careful what you say, your baby is listening

The importance of speaking to your baby even if they are not old enough to answer back has been highlighted by new research.

WIN two Sea-Bands plus $1000

Three lucky fans can win a Sea-Band Prize Pack valued at over $1000 each, which includes two Sea-Bands plus a $1000 Eftpos Gift Card!

The beautiful moment a baby was born at the side of a road

It's not where she expected to give birth, but mum Corrine Cinatl is delighted that her daughter's roadside arrival was captured in a series of beautiful photos.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

The Nappy Collective starts new drive

It's that time of year when the dedicated volunteers at The Nappy Collective do their bit to help out mums and children in need - and they need your help.

Baby shower cake wrecks

From misshapen cake babies to questionable text, from odd colour choices to internal organ recreation, these are the baby shower cakes that taste forgot.

Photographer captures the beauty of adoption

The love of a family is usually tough to capture on camera. This is an exception.

Pregnancy progression photo ideas

Want to record your pregnancy as your belly grows? Here are some creative, fun ideas for photo shoots along the way.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Tin can craft and DIY ideas

Got a few old formula, Milo or coffee cans around the house? Use these fantastic upcycling ideas to create items for around the house and yard.

Dads meet their newborn for the first time

Emotional photos of two fathers meeting their newborn son have resonated with viewers worldwide, attracting thousands of Facebook likes and shares.

Skin safety isn't just a summer worry

Lax about the slip slop slap with your kids as weather turns cooler? Here's a reminder as to why we have to remain vigilant for our children?s future health.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Creative sleeping baby photoshoots

See how some parents and photographers have captured sleeping babies in unusual positions and using different props.

DIY kitchen and food hacks

DIY your way to a better kitchen and make cooking easier with our clever hacks. (Some content reproduced with permission from mashable.com.)

Winter warmers for babies and toddlers

Your baby or toddler will be nice and snug in these beautiful and fun winter pieces. Most are hand-made or knitted, and they're all designed to keep your little one toastie - and adorable!

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.