We are pretty certain that if it's a boy it will be

Brody Joseph

A girl is harder

I really love

Willow or
Lexi

DH wants

Lacey (i just can't do it)

Reagan (have liked in the past but worried about how people will pronounce/spel it and don't like the nn Ray- really trying to like it)

Piper would have been Bronte so still a possibility I guess

#2 Z-girls rock

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:12 PM

to me there is not much difference between Lexi and Lacey.

I mean I do understand that they are are different names spelt and said differently but they are pretty similar and in the same style so...
it it really the case that one you love and the other you can't stand?
That seems a bit extreeme for very similar names.

anyway both Lexi and Lacey are nms.

I am with you on Reagan. NMS. it is a last name to me like Ronald Reagan.

Willow is lovely

Bronte is lovely

#3 Ducky*Fuzz

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:33 PM

Yeah, would never like Reagan so don't even try.

Like Willow and Lexi.  Bronte is OK.  

#4 seaside_feral

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:43 PM

Hmm, tricky.... I must admit I don't like your DH's suggestions at all & I much prefer yours.  Willow is my favourite by far of all the names you have mentioned.

Would your DH consider a longer name like Alexa, Alexandra, Alexis etc with Lexi as a NN?
Or if he doesn't like Willow maybe he would like Willa??

Reagan to me is very much a surname.  What about Megan / Meagan / Meaghan or Rhiannon?

Lacey I really don't like sorry... Lexi is much nicer!!

#5 Gudrun

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:58 PM

Brody Joseph works well both as a combo and with the sibs.

The only name I don't really like of your girl options is Reagan.

I like Willow, Lexie (like this), Lacey and Bronte and they all go. Maybe Willow goes best with Piper but that's just hairsplitting.  Any of these four would be really good IMO.

ETA you might not be into this sort of thing but you might like to research the etymology of Lacey. Quite interesting if I recall. Old French locative, surname etc. Brody is an old locative, surname too: Brody castle in Scotland (and something to do with a ditch).

Edited by Gudrun, 12 December 2012 - 06:04 PM.

#6 Plaxy

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:16 PM

I would spell Regan like this, and I have always loved it - for a girl! I don't think anyone would mispronounce it like this?

I also like Bronte a lot, and Willow and Lacey are nice. I'm not keen on Lexi except as a NN. They all go with Piper.

#7 rosiebird

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:33 PM

Willow and piper together are too 'Jodi Picoult' for my liking.

#8 mum2amonkey

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:34 PM

Thanks all.

If it was to be Reagan it would be to pronounced Raygan instead of Re - gen

Thinking I might be able to convince him to go Willow - he does like it.....my love of Bronte is returning.

I think maybe to get rid of Lacey I have to give up on Lexi

#9 Feral_Pooks

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:36 PM

Love love love Bronte. Willow also awesome. Good luck!

#10 la di dah

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:43 PM

I like Willow best.

I'd like Willa too. Or even Wilhelmina. Or Winter.

I prefer Alexa to Lexi but Lexi is okay. Or Lucy? I'm fond of Lily but I get that its popular.  

I couldn't deal with Lacey either. Least favourite of all of them.

Reagan/Regan is either surname-y or Shakespearean villainess to me. I am fond of Raina/Reina. Or Megan. (though I say it Meg-gin, even mee-gan is okay). Wren is cute.

Bronte reminds me of either Charlotte/Emily/Anne or alternately Branwen, Briar, and Bryony. All of which I prefer to Bronte.  ph34r.gif

#11 Velvetta

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:51 PM

Every name except Willow is horrible. But even Willow is set to become the name of the decade.
Sorry, but since you asked, they are all awful names.
Reagan is just the pits; it's either Shakespeare's evil sister or Ronald the fascist president.
Lacey is ugly and pink and acrylic.
Bronte is a suburb
Brody sounds like he races BMX

#12 4kidlets

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:15 PM

I actually like Lacey the best.

Willow is ok, Bronte is ok, Lexi is ok but bit nicknamish, nothing wrong with any of them.

Brody is fine too (for a boy)

Not a fan of Reagan though.

#13 strawberry blondes

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:04 PM

I prefer Lacey to Lexi. Reagan is NMS. Willow is ok.

#14 kerilyntaryn

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:13 PM

I prefer Maci or Casey Laney, Delaney to Lacey
Alexis or Alexa instead of Lexi

not fussed on Reagan I prefer Regan pron Ree gan,  what about Megan
Willow is ok

Bronte is ok

or Briohne
Regina
Aubrey
Braylen
Brynn
Briley

Edited by kerilyntaryn, 12 December 2012 - 11:43 PM.

#15 pjemc

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:02 AM

So totally get your dislike of Lacey, it just sounds really prissy and boring (imo).

Willow is lovely but I am hearing it is getting quite popular, if you like it though who cares its a really nice name.

I really love Lexi and am trying to find a name I love that can be shortened to Lexi (not rapped on Alexis etc), I dont just want to use Lexi as growing up I always wanted to be able to shorten my name to a NN but you cant with mine so I want to be able to have a NN if we have a girl especially and love Lexi.

Bronte is good too, some really nice choices there but yeah sorry, you have to talk him out of Lacey... blergh!!

#16 happyapple

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:50 PM

I think Lexi is really cool and edgy, the total opposite of Lacey!
Lexi and Piper sound like they could be sisters but for me, Lacey, Bronte and Willow are all in the same vein kind of feminine and flowing but no sass.

Sorry, that doesn't help you at all, just threw in my two bobs!

#17 Elemenopee

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:13 PM

Lexi is OK as a nn to Alexandra.
Lacey is my favourite. The others nms.
What about Morgan?

#18 mum2amonkey

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:48 AM

Thanks happyapple that is how I feel about Lexi.....

So now we're in real trouble...I think this baby is going to go nameless if it comes any time soon.

We've let Lexi and Lacey cancel each other out.

I've said no to Reagan so he's said no to Willow

I thought Bronte was our back up as it was 2nd choice for DD but he's said it's a no go.......

Square one.

We both like Indy/Indi

(I know its a NN) but not fond of Indiana and our surname is 14 letters long and that means trouble fitting names on forms.

Imogen is another possibility

He's also advised not keen on Brody but wants Jude......I thought at least boy we were ok!

#19 little lion

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:54 AM

Jude is great! It didn't go with our surname so I never entertained the thought. It goes well with Nate and Piper too. Indigo would be a nice Indi name to match the sib set.

#20 Gudrun

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:04 AM

I like Imogen but it seems to me a bit long and full with the sibset.

Lacey, Lexie, Willow and Bronte would all go really well and I like all of them much, much, much better than Indi/Indy.

Brody and Jude are both really good names and would work well with the sibs.

#21 jai*

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:30 AM

QUOTE (Susiebelle @ 12/12/2012, 09:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would spell Regan like this, and I have always loved it - for a girl! I don't think anyone would mispronounce it like this?

Same.

QUOTE (mum2amonkey @ 12/12/2012, 09:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If it was to be Reagan it would be to pronounced Raygan instead of Re - gen

In that case, I do not like it at all.

I love your boy choice(s), and I think Lacey and Bronte are both very pretty names.

What about Bridie or Bryn or Brea or Britt? Since you like Brody and Bronte.

#22 kerilyntaryn

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:33 PM

Jude goes well

Indi goes ok with the others

others

Imani
Imari
Amara
Amber
Amira

Edited by kerilyntaryn, 16 December 2012 - 09:44 PM.

#23 kerilyntaryn

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:56 PM

Ashlea
Bailey
Laney
Riley
Briley
Hadley
Miley
Aubrey

#24 Guest_Sunnycat_*

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:43 PM

I don't like Reagan. Its too The Exocist for my liking. I especially don't like it pronounced Ray-gan.

Love Willow, like Indy and Lexi as a NN, don't like Lacey.

What about Evie or Eve?

#25 twosweeties

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:21 PM

I think Jude is awesome! I didn't want to say it before but I really dislike Brody for a boy's name...to me there is just nothing strong about it.

I'm not very good with girl names, but of all the Indi variations I love Indigo best.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Share the little things that make you smile

We're giving away a Mountain Buggy nano, the ultimate travel stroller - and here are some of the great entries so far.

Toddler pleads for return of "stolen" nose

A two-year-old's reaction to a game of "got your nose" shows it doesn't take much to make a toddler cry.

The 15 photos new parents share (and five they don't)

From the first scan photo to the baby covered in cake at their first birthday party, there are 15 photos most parents seem to share - and some they don't.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

Breastfeeding friendly café goes viral

A photo of a breastfeeding-friendly sign in a cafe has been posted to Facebook and shared by hundreds of mums around the world.

First look at the Bugaboo Bee3

The newest Bugaboo Bee ? the Bee3 ? offers a variety of improved features, including a much asked-for bassinet and a rainbow of colour combinations.

Childcare costs, not paid leave, the real issue for parents

Given the choice between maintaining their wage for six months to have a child, or having a reduced rate of pay for a time but a better deal on childcare when returning to work, there are no odds on what most working parents would choose.

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

We lost three babies in two years

Our first pregnancy ended the way we all expected it to - with a healthy, happy baby in our arms. What a true blessing he was, for we were not to know the heartache we were about endure.

Family turned back from doomed flight MH17

'There must have been someone watching over us and saying, 'You must not get on that flight,' says mother who narrowly avoided boarding the Malaysian Airlines flight which exploded in mid-air over the Ukraine last night.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Adorable Skeanie loafers for kids

Your little toddler or preschooler can now get their nautical on with a new range of classic loafers by Australian show brand Skeanie.

My baby is hypermobile

For months, I have been telling myself not to worry that Jasmin isn't crawling or walking. This week I heard the term hypermobile for the first time.

When you don?t bond with your baby

They say that there is no bond greater than the bond between a mother and her child. But for some women, the mother-baby bond takes more time and effort to develop.

Yumi Stynes: Having a baby after a 10-year break

After a long break, Yumi Stynes gets a reminder of the pain - and the pleasure - of giving birth.

Grieving father asks for help to Photoshop his daughter's image

When Nathan Steffel's daughter Sophia died from a liver condition at just 6 weeks old, he reached out for someone to create a beautiful image of his little girl.

Raising kids in a 'low media' home

Can you imagine a life without TV or computers? Some parents are opting for a low-tech, screen-free life for their kids.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

Be careful what you say, your baby is listening

The importance of speaking to your baby even if they are not old enough to answer back has been highlighted by new research.

The beautiful moment a baby was born at the side of a road

It's not where she expected to give birth, but mum Corrine Cinatl is delighted that her daughter's roadside arrival was captured in a series of beautiful photos.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

The Nappy Collective starts new drive

It's that time of year when the dedicated volunteers at The Nappy Collective do their bit to help out mums and children in need - and they need your help.

Baby shower cake wrecks

From misshapen cake babies to questionable text, from odd colour choices to internal organ recreation, these are the baby shower cakes that taste forgot.

Photographer captures the beauty of adoption

The love of a family is usually tough to capture on camera. This is an exception.

Pregnancy progression photo ideas

Want to record your pregnancy as your belly grows? Here are some creative, fun ideas for photo shoots along the way.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Tin can craft and DIY ideas

Got a few old formula, Milo or coffee cans around the house? Use these fantastic upcycling ideas to create items for around the house and yard.

Dads meet their newborn for the first time

Emotional photos of two fathers meeting their newborn son have resonated with viewers worldwide, attracting thousands of Facebook likes and shares.

Skin safety isn't just a summer worry

Lax about the slip slop slap with your kids as weather turns cooler? Here's a reminder as to why we have to remain vigilant for our children?s future health.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Creative sleeping baby photoshoots

See how some parents and photographers have captured sleeping babies in unusual positions and using different props.

DIY kitchen and food hacks

DIY your way to a better kitchen and make cooking easier with our clever hacks. (Some content reproduced with permission from mashable.com.)

Winter warmers for babies and toddlers

Your baby or toddler will be nice and snug in these beautiful and fun winter pieces. Most are hand-made or knitted, and they're all designed to keep your little one toastie - and adorable!

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.