Desperate for this baby to come out!

5 replies to this topic

#1 Gembac8019

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:00 AM

I'm 40 + 3 and last week I had a bloody show & mucus plug loss... I had pains on sunday starting from 7pm and they were super intense, nothing like any of the braxton hicks contractions i'd ever had, - these took my breath away, i could hardly breathe and could not move. And they lasted long enough.. they went on every 8 mins for 30 hours approx sometimes 5 mins apart... I rang the hospital to see what they thought and the midwife said ''don't come in, it's false labour''.. I don't get how they wouldn't want to at least have a look at me because this is going to be a vbac after two ceaserians... wouldn't they want to monitor me a bit more closely seeing as I've had 2 ceaserians? obviously not.

Anyway fast foward to now, the contractions have stopped, I just get one randomly and it's still as painful as ever. Found more plug loss this morning, no blood or anything. I have tried everything as well, clary sage oil, chiropracter, accupuncture, you name it.

I know babies come out when they are ready, but this is seriously messing with my head. !! it's so frustrating. my back ache is killing me. I couldn't help but have a big cry last night and this morning.

#2 erindiv

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:09 AM

I'm sorry, that sucks! My DS was born at 40+5 and those were the longest 5 days of my life.

My best advice is GET MOVING. Walk, walk, walk, as much as you can, even slowly. Hobble like an old lady if you have to. Every bit of movement wriggles that baby further down and places more pressure on your cervix. Walking with one foot in a gutter is particularly good, but difficult if you're finding just regular walking hard.

I would think they would be monitering you more, especially since you're overdue I find it strange that they wouldn't want to have a look.

Did you labour with your last two?

Good luck and I hope you'll be meeting your baby very soon original.gif

#3 lozoodle

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:14 AM

Oh you poor thing, I know how desperate you are feeling because I've been there. My babies came at 40+3 and 40+6 and nothing I did helped it along.

I had the same thing - a whole night of painful contractions and some plug loss and bloody show and it fizzled out to nothing. That was on a Saturday night and it wasn't until late the Sunday night that things started happening again. I had a nap, and then I went walking around the block, and it picked up a few hours later.

Try not to be too discouraged, those early contractions are doing something even if it doesn't feel like it now, I presented at hospital already 7cm without even really realising that I was so far into labour.

Best of luck, I hope it happens soon. The waiting is the worst.

#4 Gembac8019

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:17 AM

yes, i did labour with the first two but the first birth ended in ceaserian due to dd's heart not beating fast enough and they realised she was in a impossible position anyway to give birth naturally... with ds there was no medical reason for the ceaserian, i was just dilating very very slowly and the ob pretty much said i have an hour to decide if i want a ceaserian or he'll give me a strong dose of syntonin and i chose the ceaserian.. both were born at 36 & 37 weeks... so i'm suprised i have gone this far.

#5 PurpleNess

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:18 AM

Agree with PP - get moving , walking & also some gentle stairs, should help move things along. Do you have a fit ball, I found bouncing on it helped relieve back ache and it also gives gravity a hand.

Having a show is a good sign but it still could be a few days...sorry, hang in there, lots of showers/baths, swimming & walking :-) Baby isn't too far away.

#6 TotesFeral

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:25 AM

Good luck. I hope it's not too much longer. Try not to over do it trying to get labour started though. You don't want to be exhausted when it does eventuate.
DD was born at 40+5 and DS was induced at 41+4 so I know how frustrating it can be.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

A mum's tragic battle against inflammatory breast cancer

At just 37 years of age, with two young sons, Vicki was diagnosed with inflammatory breast cancer. Now her family wants all women to know the symptoms.

The business of babies around the world

Pregnancy and birth is an intriguing process no matter where you are in the world. One soon-to-be father gleans wisdom from a new guide.

Finding a positive path through IVF

It’s not surprising that IVF is often seen as a negative journey towards the ultimate positive, but having a glass-half-full approach can make a big difference to the experience.

Giving strangers the gift of parenthood

A mum explains why she and her husband are choosing to gift their leftover embryos to help strangers achieve their dream of parenthood.

Does morning sickness get better or worse with each child?

Just as every baby is unique, so is every pregnancy. And that means morning sickness can vary a lot, too.

What's so wrong with looking 'mumsy', anyway?

Why is it that the word ‘mumsy’ has connotations of such a negative nature – but seems to be the only other option apart from ‘yummy’?

Trying to speed up the inevitable

As the waiting game of late pregnancy continues, this mum considers a few things that might hurry things up a little.

One month later: where is William Tyrell?

It has been a little over a month since William Tyrell disappeared from his grandmother's home, 33 long sleepless nights for his family as they mourn the absence of their cheeky young boy.

Winter's child less likely to be moody: study

Babies born in the summer are much more likely to suffer from mood swings when they grow up, while those born in the winter are less likely to become irritable adults, scientists claim.

Single mum of two creates award-winning baby app

Suddenly single with a baby and an 11-year-old son, Tara O?Connell developed an app to improve the lives of mothers who were similarly overwhelmed.

Food for thought: looking after yourself as a new mum

As soon as your baby enters the world, everything else takes a back seat - even the necessities of daily life such as eating are severely compromised, right when you need energy the most.

'Grabbable guts' campaign aims to cut toxic fat

The Live Lighter campaign will take people inside the human body to show the internal dangers of being overweight.

The best and worst month of my life

A new mum's first month of motherhood didn't pan out as expected when she lost a family member weeks after her baby's birth.

Facebook and Apple offer to pay female staff to freeze their eggs

Facebook and Apple are hoping to provide women with the freedom to build their careers without the added pressure of having children at or by a certain age.

How a pregnancy contract could work for you and your partner

The idea of making a 'pregnancy contract' with your partner may sound a bit silly at first, but it can help make the transition to parenthood a lot smoother.

Finding a mum-friendly personal trainer

Burping babies vs burpees – yes, new mums and personal trainers live in different worlds. But they can work together - once you find the right match for you and your lifestyle.

Alleged baby snatch incident a ?misunderstanding?, say police

Police say that an incident in which a man pulled on a woman?s pram while walking a popular Sydney route late last month was a misunderstanding.

Ebola killed my aunt and is shutting down my country

Three weeks ago, my auntie, a midwife, developed a fever. Sitting here in Sydney basked in Australian sunshine, that shouldn't be big news.

The night my ovary burst

One mum shares her frightening experience and vows to never take her health for granted again.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

16 parenting truths you won't find in the baby books

I am five years into this parenting gig and I’ve learnt that sleepless nights and changing dirty nappies are child’s play.

Best and worst potty party cakes

It's nice to celebrate a child making the shift from nappies to 'big kid' undies, but do we really need a semi-realistic used toilet cake to do it? Here are some of the best and worst cakes parents have used at 'potty parties' around the world.

7 tips for a financially festive Christmas

Plan ahead - and do it now - to ensure festive season expenses don't break the bank.

'Go the F*** to Sleep' author's new book for frustrated parents

A sequel is coming soon to the 2011 hit book 'Go the F*** to Sleep' - and this time, it's about mealtimes.

Great birthday party buys from Etsy

Handmade crafts to decorate and personalise your child's next birthday - from banners to cake decorations, we've got gorgeous party finds from Etsy.

Creative storage ideas for the kids' rooms

Creative and practical storage ideas for the kids' toys and books can also add some stylish decor to your home. Visit babyology.com.au for more stylish modern finds for hip kids & parents.

The 'yucky' illness that took over my life

I have a chronic illness nobody likes to discuss, as it involves toilet talk. But it needs to be talked about.

To the mum in the doctor's waiting room

Maybe the mum I saw in that waiting room, seemingly disconnected from her baby, doesn’t have the support she needs.

10 space-saving nursery ideas

Starting a family doesn't always mean moving into a bigger house - not yet, anyway.

What's in a name?

Baby Names

Looking for a classic name, or an unusual name? Our Baby Name Finder is for you, search or browse to refine your shortlist.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.