what asked for gift is your child getting?

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1 -*meh*-

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:19 AM

So lots of threads on kids asking for things that are just not going to happen...

so what has your child asked for that you/santa is going to bring...

my boys wanted to buy a delorean car at an expo recently but didn't have enough money... DS1 kept going back to the stall to look at it and kept it together when told that he couldn't have it... with a big sigh he said "maybe santa could bring it, but i have already written him my letter"...

i told him that santa is always watching so maybe he would see how much he really wanted it, and that we would be going to see santa so he could ask him...

well today i ordered his delorean... the exact one he was drooling over at the expo, in enough time that it will be at the top of his stocking to see that santa really does appreciate how good he was at that time.

So what is going under the tree that your kids REALLY REALLY want!

#2 ~THE~MAGICIAN~

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:21 AM

A Furby and Jewellery Boutique. Plus Smiggle bits and pieces.

#3 jenbi

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:23 AM

Skylander Giants - it is all he has talked about for weeks!

#4 Freddie'sMum

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:24 AM

Cinderalla DVD - got it at Target when it was on special - has been hidden away for weeks.

Miss-5 has an obsession with something called Lalalopsy (excuse spelling) - I am not even sure what this is - but I have found her a cushion with said thing on it.

They are getting a new dress each, a Christmas book each, and a new backpack to wear when we go on the plane to NZ (to visit all the family / friends over there after Christmas).

#5 BadCat

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:25 AM

Pretty much the only thing my kids have asked for this year is books.  There will be books under the tree.

#6 Oma Desala

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:25 AM

A Beyblade stadium. DS has been asking for one for the better part of the year so it is finally going to arrive courtesy of Santa.

#7 NotBitzerMaloney

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:26 AM

QUOTE (jenbi @ 10/12/2012, 12:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Skylander Giants - it is all he has talked about for weeks!

Ditto - but for MONTHS

#8 morgansacre

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:26 AM

Its a lot harder to get things when the kids are older...30, 27, 23 and 16...lol

For the younger two:
DD23 wanted a model of the Millennium Falcon from Star Wars, I couldn't get a model, but I got her a Lego one instead.

DD16 wanted Nancy Drew PC games. Out of the 26 available I managed to get 18.

DD27 and DS30 as they are married I made them each a Santa Doll to put out at Christmas each year.

Lynn

#9 baddmammajamma

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:27 AM

We don't "do" Santa or stockings, but my kids are each getting a Furby. My mom is bringing them with her when she arrives from the U.S. in January.

On Christmas Day, my son will be getting a Lego Dinosaur kit & my daughter will be getting two new Zhu Zhu pets (bringing her collection to a staggering 80+). Oh, the wonderful world of obsessions...

#10 Gossipgirl

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:28 AM

DD has asked for a Barbie scooter I didn't want to but it is what she really wanted so I did it she will be so happy original.gif

#11 Lou**

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:29 AM

All through August, September and October DD (3 1/2) was obsessed with getting a swing set from Santa.  

We researched and ordered one about two weeks ago, and she hasn't mentioned it since.  Now she wants a microphone - so she can be even louder without any extra effort, and a butterfly.

#12 Chocolate Addict

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:30 AM

Skylanders Giants and some of the figures. original.gif

Miss-5 has an obsession with something called Lalalopsy (excuse spelling) - I am not even sure what this is - but I have found her a cushion with said thing on it.

It's a doll and has lots of accessories. original.gif

#13 tres-chic

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:31 AM

Skateboards and overpriced Superhero lego.

#14 1ds1dd

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:32 AM

DD is getting a cabbage patch doll and DS skylanders. They will be thrilled!

#15 dolcengabbana

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:32 AM

We are taking DS10 (just 2 weeks shy of 11) to Fiji and we have paid for his Open Water Scuba Diving Course.

I learnt at 11 and have now completed over 1600 scuba dives and it has been a wonderful journey and my now DH also learnt to dive when we met and now my son is, we are allowed to go diving on all of his lessons with him to be there as reassurance.

I CAN'T WAIT. He has been counting down the years months and days til he has been old enough to learn. I can't wait until he finds out and gets to start classes and pool ocean work!

Also he wanted a waterproof camera, wallet and those are under the tree.

We also got him a new wetsuit, boardies, rashie, shirts and shorts from the surf shops. He will feel like a million dollars.

We ignored any electric game toy ipad ipod etc this year. The camera was allowed because of fiji.

#16 -*meh*-

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:33 AM

QUOTE (baddmammajamma @ 10/12/2012, 11:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We don't "do" Santa or stockings, but my kids are each getting a Furby. My mom is bringing them with her when she arrives from the U.S. in January.

On Christmas Day, my son will be getting a Lego Dinosaur kit & my daughter will be getting two new Zhu Zhu pets (bringing her collection to a staggering 80+). Oh, the wonderful world of obsessions...

my boys are also getting lego... this is standard gift in our house... its not a gift giving without lego involved... DS1 is obsessed and it is something he has not gone past a birthday or xmas in 3 years without getting some. all pocket money is spent on lego... the fact that he asked for something other than lego gobsmacked me!

i haven't got it yet but he is probably going to get the lego police station finally... he has been wanting it for over 2 years... i think i might need to film him opening that one!

#17 heffalumpsnwoozles

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:43 AM

DD1 (5 yrs) wanted the Lego Friends Cafe for her birthday, which was in September. Nana was going to get it, but couldn't find it anywhere. DD is now convinced that there are no Cafes anywhere and she isn't going to get one, so she will be thrilled that Nana has found one in time for Christmas. original.gif  She's also getting Olivia's Tree House. She has a bit of a thing for Lego, but especially Lego Friends, and those are things she's been asking for for months.

DD2 (3 yrs) just wanted a Christmas teddy bear, so she's getting on of the Kmart ones with the Santa hat.

And I've spent the last few weeks explaining to DH that the kids do not understand the dollar value of what they get, the value to them is THIS-IS-WHAT-I-REALLY-WANTED, be it a $40 Lego set or a $8 teddy.

#18 ~ky~

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:44 AM

DD ... Alex Rider book series

DS ... mp3 player (cheap one)

#19 vanessa71

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:54 AM

DD has asked for a scooter and she is getting a scooter. DS hasn't asked for anything, but he will still be getting things he will like.

We are also getting an iPad as a family gift, which was not asked for, but I know is much wanted.

#20 Foogle

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:57 AM

Well he's been angling for a trip to Old Trafford - home of Manchester United but that wasn't going to happen in a hurry was it but...

I have just received an email from Football Australia that Man U are in an exhibition match at ANZ stadium, Sydney in July and I can buy tickets tomorrow.

Thank you Universe.  biggrin.gif

#21 Becstarinator

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:01 PM

DS is getting lego and a star wars light saber as requested.  I can't wait to see his face original.gif

#22 Feral_Bubble

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:03 PM

Another Barbie scooter here, lol.

Also a swing set

#23 unicorn

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:04 PM

They are getting pretty much what they want this year. But they are old enough to know not to ask for a gazillion toys and fad stuff.
DS17 will be getting a new laptop, he needs one for his studies next year, his first request of a rifle was denied though.
DS14 will be getting a custom made b*st*rd sword as his combined Christmas and next birthday present, this has been depending on his grades at school which considering the year he has had are pretty good.
DD7 wants some kind of scooter thingo and a wii game, too easy.

#24 GoneWithTheWhinge

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:05 PM

A Barbie cruise ship. Between the pair of them this has been obsessed over for aaaaaaaaaages.

Thanks to Amazon and their much better prices than Australia!

#25 Kwyjibo

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:11 PM

DD1 wants "All the Doctor Who things!"

So I have managed to get her a sonic screwdriver, Tardis t-shirt, Dr Who 2013 annual and a couple of short story Dr Who books for her to read.

Not 'all the things' but should suffice.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Share the little things that make you smile

We're giving away a Mountain Buggy nano, the ultimate travel stroller - and here are some of the great entries so far.

Toddler pleads for return of "stolen" nose

A two-year-old's reaction to a game of "got your nose" shows it doesn't take much to make a toddler cry.

The 15 photos new parents share (and five they don't)

From the first scan photo to the baby covered in cake at their first birthday party, there are 15 photos most parents seem to share - and some they don't.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

Breastfeeding friendly café goes viral

A photo of a breastfeeding-friendly sign in a cafe has been posted to Facebook and shared by hundreds of mums around the world.

First look at the Bugaboo Bee3

The newest Bugaboo Bee ? the Bee3 ? offers a variety of improved features, including a much asked-for bassinet and a rainbow of colour combinations.

Childcare costs, not paid leave, the real issue for parents

Given the choice between maintaining their wage for six months to have a child, or having a reduced rate of pay for a time but a better deal on childcare when returning to work, there are no odds on what most working parents would choose.

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

We lost three babies in two years

Our first pregnancy ended the way we all expected it to - with a healthy, happy baby in our arms. What a true blessing he was, for we were not to know the heartache we were about endure.

Family turned back from doomed flight MH17

'There must have been someone watching over us and saying, 'You must not get on that flight,' says mother who narrowly avoided boarding the Malaysian Airlines flight which exploded in mid-air over the Ukraine last night.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Adorable Skeanie loafers for kids

Your little toddler or preschooler can now get their nautical on with a new range of classic loafers by Australian show brand Skeanie.

My baby is hypermobile

For months, I have been telling myself not to worry that Jasmin isn't crawling or walking. This week I heard the term hypermobile for the first time.

When you don?t bond with your baby

They say that there is no bond greater than the bond between a mother and her child. But for some women, the mother-baby bond takes more time and effort to develop.

Yumi Stynes: Having a baby after a 10-year break

After a long break, Yumi Stynes gets a reminder of the pain - and the pleasure - of giving birth.

Grieving father asks for help to Photoshop his daughter's image

When Nathan Steffel's daughter Sophia died from a liver condition at just 6 weeks old, he reached out for someone to create a beautiful image of his little girl.

Raising kids in a 'low media' home

Can you imagine a life without TV or computers? Some parents are opting for a low-tech, screen-free life for their kids.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

The beautiful moment a baby was born at the side of a road

It's not where she expected to give birth, but mum Corrine Cinatl is delighted that her daughter's roadside arrival was captured in a series of beautiful photos.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

The Nappy Collective starts new drive

It's that time of year when the dedicated volunteers at The Nappy Collective do their bit to help out mums and children in need - and they need your help.

Baby shower cake wrecks

From misshapen cake babies to questionable text, from odd colour choices to internal organ recreation, these are the baby shower cakes that taste forgot.

Photographer captures the beauty of adoption

The love of a family is usually tough to capture on camera. This is an exception.

Pregnancy progression photo ideas

Want to record your pregnancy as your belly grows? Here are some creative, fun ideas for photo shoots along the way.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Tin can craft and DIY ideas

Got a few old formula, Milo or coffee cans around the house? Use these fantastic upcycling ideas to create items for around the house and yard.

Dads meet their newborn for the first time

Emotional photos of two fathers meeting their newborn son have resonated with viewers worldwide, attracting thousands of Facebook likes and shares.

Skin safety isn't just a summer worry

Lax about the slip slop slap with your kids as weather turns cooler? Here's a reminder as to why we have to remain vigilant for our children?s future health.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Creative sleeping baby photoshoots

See how some parents and photographers have captured sleeping babies in unusual positions and using different props.

DIY kitchen and food hacks

DIY your way to a better kitchen and make cooking easier with our clever hacks. (Some content reproduced with permission from mashable.com.)

Winter warmers for babies and toddlers

Your baby or toddler will be nice and snug in these beautiful and fun winter pieces. Most are hand-made or knitted, and they're all designed to keep your little one toastie - and adorable!

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.