Previous thread

Regards

Ali

#2 Nervy

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:32 AM

GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! original.gif  original.gif

Hi ladies!

I hope everyone is feeling well!

Tarnee, are you paying for an elective gender scan? I am having the morpology scan at 20 weeks (just booked it in eek!) and they said they will tell me the gender! On my scan on friday (i was 1 day shy of 15 weeks) the OB said he couldnt tell!! My DS was CLEARLY a boy at 15 weeks and that is when i found out with him, so i'm holding a wee ray of hope for PINK! I am BUSTING to find out and have been obsessed with the gender guessing sites, where i have MOSTLY boy guesses, but a few girl!

Im also feeling movement most days now, which is very exciting for me, i havent relied on my doppler as much to give me peace of mind! I first felt my DS at 18-19 weeks, so im stoked to feel something so early!

Bettinae are you feeling more relaxed these days?

We must all be VERY close to the 12 week mark now, congrats everyone! xx

Edited by Nervy, 10 December 2012 - 11:42 AM.

#3 kate_123

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:49 AM

SILVER!

Hey ladies, well I spent all of yesterday and overnight in hospital connected to a IV drip. Had 5L in total! Feel hydrated now but havent had much success keeping much fluids down so far today so I'm sure its only a matter of time until I return again. The staff were lovely though and it was funny being in a maternity ward hearing all the babies (hope I don't get the one that sounded like a cockatoo screaching this morning lol). Felt like an imposter tho cause Ive got no belly, lost 3.5kg and dont feel pregnant, just bloody ill! God I hope this ends at 12 weeks like everyone keeps telling me. Oh and if one more person calls my baby a parasite I will scream!

#4 LisaM07

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:13 PM

Bronze original.gif

Kate: I've had most of my sickness pass now it stopped around 12/13 weeks which is fabo I'm starting to feel more human again just a wee bit tired but that's fantastic compared to how I was feeling lol

I can't believe we're 15 weeks Miss Nervy original.gif I'm crossing my fingers for a little pink one for you if that's what you're hoping for original.gif

I'm going to the dentist on Friday for fillings and the like boooooo sad.gif

Hope everything is going well with everyone!!!

L x

#5 Adamira

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:13 PM

Hey everyone!
Just had my first hospital appointment. Unfortunately I can't have midwife visits as my bmi is too high. Also means an extra diabetes test, that horrible drink yuck!
Apart from that, I'm feeling good. And I haven't put on any weight which is good.

#6 FeralMuddyPuddles

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:38 PM

hi girls, sorry its been so long but its hard to keep up when just on my phone.

Almost 15 weeks here and despite a few bad vomiting days again I am feeling a bit better today and yesterday, I even managed to stretch my meds another hour so am pretty happy that bodes well.

Keep getting lots of funny feelings in my lower abdomen, sometimes a little bit painful like when the baby is much bigger and is kicking out, so not sure if its ligament pain or movement at this point.

Still exhausted, could always do with a nap at lunchtime but sadly not possible. Bring on my leave over Christmas when I can sleep!

Hope you are all doing well!

#7 riwybo

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:27 PM

Hi everyone :-)

Nervy - hope you get your girl. I've put nub shots on gender sites & all say they think girl, so I'm also hoping they're right Tounge1.gif we won't be finding out the sex though. So its a long exciting wait. Yay for 15 week.

Zaacaa - glad your morning sickness is easing up, hope it goes away completely for you soon.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

I'm 14 weeks today YAY. I can also feel small flutters. I can't wait till I can feel big movements & DH can along with me.
I have my 20 week scan on 23rd Jan, seems ages away. We aren't finding out, but can't wait to see bub again wub.gif and DH & I have decided we won't be getting the CVS or amino. I have a feeling all is well.

Is everyone prepared for Christmas? I'm not really. Have to buy presents for my nieces & nephews yet, haven't even started & ds1 birthday is 4 weeks away (10 days after Christmas) so I have that to plan & buy for as well. Going to be a very busy few weeks.

#8 jmaz86

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

Hi Everyone,

Good to hear that many are progressing well. I am finally going to be 12 weeks on Wed, and have my scan on Wed too. I cant wait as I will finally be able to relax a bit and let the good pregnancy feelings sink in (right now I freak out at every twinge or niggle).
I am still getting MS at various times of the day, usually triggered by random things.

Have a good week everyone original.gif

#9 bettinae

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:58 PM

Hello there all,

NERVY: I am GREAT about the baby anyway that doppler is the best thing that I ever owned...I know now where to find my little heart beat and it is sooooo soothing there is nothing like hearing it xxxx I read that you are hoping for a pink one..??? roll2.gif  we are hoping for a blue one  roll2.gif  roll2.gif

I am still on the zofran ended up on a full one last week but this week I am going to cut it back I want to see if I can get off it all togeather I am 15 weeks now..... grin.gif  bbabyflip.gif  bbabyflip.gif  im still tired as all like Im on the red part of the fuel gage have a little bit in the mornings but by the end of the day dead on my feel.....I hope that chages real real soon xxx

still have fatique as well its yukky x

and I am craving Salt and Pepper squid and like squid is the last thing that I eat I am not a seafood person and I have NEVER eaten squid EVER I was quiet YUK with it till now....???? GO FIGURE that one lol lol  roll2.gif  bbabyflip.gif

Well Im going to lay on the couch I am stuffed xxx

bbighug.gif  bbighug.gif

#10 pjemc

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:46 PM

Hi Bettinae,

Can I please ask where do you get a doppler from? I am always so worried about the baby that to be able to hear its little heart going would be such a comfort

Thanks original.gif

#11 bettinae

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:57 PM

PJEMC: I got mine from the chemiest for $99.00 it is called "Body talk" ( I hope thats its ok to mention the name...?) the PM isn"t working......

It is the best thing that I have ever bought I have had a heap of M/C and a still birth so it is the best thing to just be able to hear my bub....NERVY another lovely lady on this site has one not sure what hers is but it was around $110.00 ...

I picked up the heart beat at 14weeks. bbabyflip.gif

Goodluck let us know how you go with it..??

bbighug.gif  bbabyflip.gif

#12 Mizadele

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:15 PM

Afternoon ladies.
My scan is tomorrow and I am SO nervous about it. I've been having nightmares that the scan will tell me the baby stopped growing 3 weeks ago (which is about when my ms eased up.)
I've gone from a major high on the weekend, when we finally got to tell some good friends, to being down in the dumps, and wanting to curl up in a corner and never move again.
I haven't slept properly for a couple of weeks now, so that's not helping either.
Would I be justified in calling in sick tomorrow, or should I suck it up and go to work before my scan?
DH is being as supportive as he can, but it's hard to explain to him how I am feeling.

#13 tigers17

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:34 PM

I will be 12 weeks on sat and have my scan on the 19th. I am also nervous that bub may have stopped growing. Can't wait for the scan so hopefully can have a relaxed Christmas period.

#14 kahm

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:04 AM

Kate, you poor poor bugger.  I'm so sorry.  There was I, cursing HCG and swearing that this kid had better become some world class artist and take me along to gallery openings to make up for the head-in-toilet nonsense and yet here you are needing 5L of IV fluids.  Far canal, that's a lot.  I'm sure it will ease up for you (at least a little) by 12 weeks because the placenta gets established and takes over a bunch of the work that the sick-making hormones are doing now.  Or at least, that's what I was told.
Oh, and on the parasite thing, just deck the next person who makes a crack like that.  Or point out that they're making tasteless jokes about your partner's baby too, not just yours.

Mizadele I've been having really forceful dreams too, the kind that are really really real, so I don't realise I'm dreaming and can't control what's going on.  Mine veer from wierd to violent and back (although I went to see skyfall the other night and I'm pretty sure that has something to do with the violent dreams).

bettinae Squid?  Really?  That's a cool story of weird pregnancy eating.

Lisa Glad to hear your MS has passed off some - I figure a little bit tired is ok at this stage.

jmaz86 Congrats on reaching the 12 week mark original.gif

riwymk Good luck with the Christmas shopping - I'm feeling the same, I've had to put all planning on the back burner because it was all I could do to get to work and then collapse on the couch at night.  Ahh shopping in the silly season.

Adamira Bummer about the extra diabetes test, but on the bright side at least you're getting the care you need.  That's got to be a plus, right?

zaacaa I think the my creche had it right when I was a kid: compulsory naps after lunch.  I think all workplaces should have those.  Also, beanbags for reading.

Well, we spent the weekend making phone calls and sending facebook messages to close friends and family.  Everyone's been really excited for us, which is nice and a few friends who have kids already have said "oh, you guys will be awesome", which is extra nice.
I finally got to the bottom of why DP hasn't wanted to tell anyone.  He's shy.  I don't know whether he's embarrassed to admit that, yes, we've been having sex (unlikely) or he just doesn't want to be the centre of attention (more likely).  So he's not told work yet or more than two of his friends that live in other countries.  I suggested that he not tell anyone and just let me turn up to his work the size of a house one day next year.  I'm such a tease.

The facebook messages to people to let them know has been really good I think because it kind of shields us from their first reaction so we haven't been the centre of attention.  I mean, you never know what's going on in someone else's life, so it's good to be able to give a message privately and let them digest and respond to this sort of news in their own time.

#15 kate_123

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:46 AM

Hey girls,
Thanks for your kind words. Well after 5L of fluid I had put a kilo back on but within 24hrs I've lost it again! I'm so not winning this battle! nno.gif

Kahm, thats great you have been able to finally share your news! I can understand your DP shy feelings. I feel like that with some people. I remember my aunty had to blurt it out to my mum because my cousin was embarrassed to tell people she was pregnant.

As for dreams, had a dream last night that I was looking after a doll in preparation and I kept just leaving it behind places and forgetting it and it ended up buried in the garden mulch. Think it sums up how I'm feeling right now, feel like I'm failing as a mum already, not being able to cope with this morning sickness/HG and that I'm letting down my baby already before its even born ddown.gif .

Anyways got to somehow get my sorry (shirinking) backside to pathology  to get my bloods done in prep for my 12 wk scan next week. Theyre also testing my thyroid cause apparently that can have something to do with being sick too?

Hope everyone out there is having an ok day. xxx

#16 bettinae

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:32 AM

KATE 123: U poor darlin xxxxx Im thinking of you and pray this ends soon or at leasts gets better xxxxx lots hugs dalin try and be kind to yourself and think about the BIG gift at the end xxxxx bbighug.gif  bbighug.gif  bbluestork.gif  bbabyflip.gif xxxxxx bbighug.gif

#17 bettinae

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:32 AM

KATE 123: U poor darlin xxxxx Im thinking of you and pray this ends soon or at leasts gets better xxxxx lots hugs dalin try and be kind to yourself and think about the BIG gift at the end xxxxx bbighug.gif  bbighug.gif  bbluestork.gif  bbabyflip.gif xxxxxx bbighug.gif

#18 FeralMuddyPuddles

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:21 PM

Kate, I put on 3kg by the time I left hospital, all fluid, you should have seen how puffy I was, then in 24hrs had lost it all again, and its only now at 15 weeks that I have put about 800gms back on. But it has gotten better. I don’t vomit all day anymore, and most of the time the meds keep the nausea and vomiting at bay, and as long as I eat small amounts only I’m not too bad. I am sure that things will ease up for you soon. I remember trying to get myself to the path lab for the 12 week bloods and it was such a huge effort, just tell them you have HG and they will make extra sure that you don’t faint / get light headed etc as having blood taken can set it off. Hoping that you start to feel better soon!!

#19 kate_123

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:35 PM

Thanks zaacaa. Got to the pathology ok, had to circle looking for a park which was a stuggle but the pathology lady was lovely. I told her how sick I had been and she was like 'oh, thats called doing a kate isn't it?', without realising my name was kate. Was quite funny, we had a good laugh about it. Feeling a bit better this afternoon, managing to eat a bit. My husband has just asked work for some extra annual leave so he will be off from tomorrow till after new years to help look after me so that will be great! Im very lucky he is very good with looking after me and the domestics.

#20 Nel118

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:02 PM

Hi Everyone - I have been sick and in bed with the flu the past 4 days so I have been following but can't concentrate long enough to do personal replies - hope everyone is well and for those that are still suffering ms I hope things start to settle down soon.

First midwife appointment today - everything went really well original.gif got to hear 'bumps' heart beat and discussed birth options. I'm going public as part of their caseload service so I'll deal with the one midwife the entire time who seems really nice which is a major benefit!

I have my referral for my 18 week u/s and I also have to undergo the 3 HOUR glucose test next friday as a precaution due to family history.

Due date has been moved forward 2 days - now 2nd June.

Better go - I have to finish writing a job application that is due tomorrow - the worst part about government jobs is addressing selection criteria.....

#21 gonggirl

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:38 PM

Nel - I work for the government and can't believe the amount of detail that is expected for an app felt like I was waffling and just talking crap but apparently the longer the better original.gif

Wondering how ur all going booking in for ur morphology scans? I got p*ssed off booking in today as had planned when I could try for around leave etc of people in my office. I get a receptionist with a huge attitude wanting to book me in at 20 weeks. I said my ob said from 18 weeks which she scoffed at me I then told her close to my 20 week date doesn't suit me so asked if their we're any spots on 11 jan (1 day off 19 wks) which she did book me in for, then went on in a rude manner about if I had to bring children to make sure I bring a minder aswell. Honestly I couldn't believe how rude she was! If there was somewhere else to go I would have!

#22 Mizadele

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:23 PM

Just got back from my NT scan.
Apparently the NT is so average, it is the average! 1.8.
All the appropriate bits are there, and a good strong heart beat of 168.
I was so relieved to hear the heart beat. The rest is kinda blurry, but going by the scans, we have lift off!
Finally told Miss 10 today. She was jumping up and down with excitement!
Finally feel like I can get excited.
Now to tell my mum......

#23 kahm

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:32 PM

Mizadele - That's so exciting original.gif  Congratulations!

#24 monkeys mum

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:32 PM

Just popping in to pass some time, im sat in emergency getting fluids, dp made the decision for me.

I had one nurse that is really understanding and another who told me to just sip water. I might just be easy to p off today but she really got to me apparently 14wks is a bit late for hypermesis and i dont look dehydrated which is funny cos i havent kept anything down in 48hrs oh and the pearler was i should head home as they cant do much.

So happy the tablet was in my bag from earlier.

#25 kate_123

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:41 AM

hey monkeys mum,
sorry to hear about the nurse being less than useful. I got the same response when I told them I was really constipated - have u tried drinking lots of water and exercising! urrr I'm in here on a drip dehydrated and bedbound from hyperemesis, what do u think!

My ob said ED will only ever give you 1, maybe 2 bags, but usually u will need at least 3 or 4 and so thats why he admitted me. Are you under an ob? Can you contact the maternity ward? Theyre going to have more of a protocol on how to treat these things. I went to ED and got  2 bags but had to go back 3 days later and be admitted cause it wasnt enough. Hope you get some relief from it all, it is absolutely soul destroying isnt it! Can sympathise totally bbighug.gif Take care and speak up. xxx

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Win Coles Little Explorer nappies for your toddler

Introducing the new Coles Little Explorer Nappies! You can confidently rely on Coles Little Explorer nappies at each stage of your child's growth, so take the Big Nappy Change and try new Coles Little Explorer nappies for yourself!

Robbie Williams live tweets wife's labour

And the award for most patient woman in labour goes to ... Robbie Williams' wife, Ayda Field.

Vaccine ignorance is deadly and contagious

In the absence of credible, strong political leadership, paranoia about disease can go viral.

Parenting differently based on birth order

All children have unique personalities, but keeping birth order in mind could help when parenting.

How to get rid of the mum guilt

Motherhood and guilt seem to go hand in hand, but there are ways to focus

Paid parental leave scheme grinds to a halt

The future of Prime Minister Tony Abbott's paid parental leave scheme appears to be up in the air, despite the fact it is due to begin in less than nine months.

The devastation of foetal alcohol spectrum disorders

No one's sure how many Australians are affected by foetal alcohol spectrum disorders, but the consequences for those who are can be devastating.

The pros and cons of finding out the sex of your unborn baby

It’s often one of the biggest choices parents make during the course of their pregnancy; to find out, or not to find out, the sex of their baby before it’s born.

Toddler's awesome dress up month

Two-year-old Willow and her photographer mum, Gina Lee, made October "Dress Up Willow Month". She posted photos of Willow's costumes on her Instagram account, and her creative takes on popular culture are simply adorable.

Childhood around the world

It can be easy to assume our ideas around childhood are universal, but they are particular to where we live, as these practices show.

Best picks for baby and toddler shoes

Here's a great selection of footwear from pre-walker to walker ensuring comfort and style for growing feet.

I lost my wife and daughters to Ebola - then it came for my son

Sunday, September 21, is a day I will never forget.

The 'yucky' illness that took over my life

I have a chronic illness nobody likes to discuss. It involves toilet talk, and probably caused my miscarriage. But it needs to be talked about.

Prenatal testing: the facts

Prenatal testing is done to check if a baby has certain medical conditions before birth. Here is some important information about what the tests are for and the risks involved.

5 things to do with your baby?s old clothes

Did you think your only option for your baby?s old clothes was to pack them away or give them to the Salvos? Think again.

Why it's possible to not realise you're pregnant until the baby arrives

After hearing about 'surprise babies' born to mums who didn't know they were pregnant, it's common to ask "how did she not realise?" But experts say it's entirely possible for it to happen.

'My miracle is finally here'

How has the world continued on its pace when mine has been altered so drastically?

Dairy can help older women fall pregnant: study

Ice cream may be the ultimate comfort food, but a study suggests it could also help older women to have children.

Megan Gale goes topless for 'sexiest people' cover

Six months after a heavily pregnant Megan Gale posed nude for Marie Claire, the glowing new mum has gone topless for the cover of another magazine.

A new perspective on life from living with two diseases

A mother shares her personal story about the difficulty of living with two conditions, one of which stops her from being able to see her daughter's face.

Warning about Children's Panadol dosage

The Therapeutic Goods Administration has issued a safety advisory warning parents about confusion when using the dosing syringe supplied with Children's Panadol.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Take 'The Coles Big Nappy Change' Challenge

You could become part of our Test Drive team and win one of 200 packs of Coles Little Explorer Nappies as part of our 5-day challenge.

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

16 parenting truths you won't find in the baby books

I am five years into this parenting gig and I’ve learnt that sleepless nights and changing dirty nappies are child’s play.

Best and worst potty party cakes

It's nice to celebrate a child making the shift from nappies to 'big kid' undies, but do we really need a semi-realistic used toilet cake to do it? Here are some of the best and worst cakes parents have used at 'potty parties' around the world.

7 tips for a financially festive Christmas

Plan ahead - and do it now - to ensure festive season expenses don't break the bank.

'Go the F*** to Sleep' author's new book for frustrated parents

A sequel is coming soon to the 2011 hit book 'Go the F*** to Sleep' - and this time, it's about mealtimes.

Great birthday party buys from Etsy

Handmade crafts to decorate and personalise your child's next birthday - from banners to cake decorations, we've got gorgeous party finds from Etsy.

Join us in The BIG nappy change

Introducing the new Coles Little Explorer Nappies! You can confidently rely on Coles Little Explorer nappies at each stage of your child's growth, so take the Big Nappy Change and try new Coles Little Explorer nappies for yourself!

Creative storage ideas for the kids' rooms

Creative and practical storage ideas for the kids' toys and books can also add some stylish decor to your home. Visit babyology.com.au for more stylish modern finds for hip kids & parents.

Weird trend

'Why we called our daughter Wyatt'

Ashton Kutcher has spoken about how he and Mila Kunis chose their daughter's name - and why they've set up her social media accounts.

To the mum in the doctor's waiting room

Maybe the mum I saw in that waiting room, seemingly disconnected from her baby, doesn’t have the support she needs.

10 space-saving nursery ideas

Starting a family doesn't always mean moving into a bigger house - not yet, anyway.

What's in a name?

Baby Names

Looking for a classic name, or an unusual name? Our Baby Name Finder is for you, search or browse to refine your shortlist.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.