Snowys here we come!
We left last night, few nights in Sydney...then

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_3Keiki_*

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:02 AM

On too Canberra for a week or so...
DS1 and decided that the last few weeks of school could be ditched, he will get to go and check out his new school this way too,
I am paying extra for the removalist to do the packing for me and thats that.
I couldn't stand another 2 weeks in the same town as that nutjob and there is something kinda satisfying about sneaking out in the night  biggrin.gif

#2 Autumnal

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:07 AM

You go girl!!!!!

#3 Fright bat

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:19 AM

Hi 3Keiki.

You should be incredibly proud of all you've achieved this year against amazing hardship.

I am sure this adventure will bring you nothing but joy; you have dealt with some of life's worst adversities with such grace that I'm sure this will be smooth sailing for you.

All the best!

#4 Guest_3Keiki_*

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:55 AM

Thanks MsN,
our little family has so much healing to do, and now I feel like we can actually do it. A fresh start, a focus, and a goal (not go broke)
I am blessed with my kids especially my DS1, who is just a joy, and I am looking forward to giving him a bit more childhood, his new dog, motorbike (eek) and the freedom. Oh and I promised a season pass to the snowfields this winter.
I am nervous about not knowing a soul in this part of the world but we will work that out.
I am hopeful and that is as much as I can say for the last year and a half.

#5 JustBeige

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:01 AM

That great news Keiki!

I hope you have a great life and lol, not go broke.

Enjoy your 'sneaking' laughing2.gif

#6 WithSprinkles

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:07 AM

Good luck with the move original.gif

#7 Lifesgood

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:21 AM

Oh it's my dream to move there too wub.gif good on you.

The people are lovely and I'm sure you'll make friends no probs.

Have you joined any of the snow forums? Lots of people on there are locals and it's a great way to make contacts.

I can PM you one that I am on which I find terrific. Just let me know.

#8 Sentient Puddle

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:22 AM

Great news and all the best with the move and I am sure you will make awesome new friends soon!!!

#9 Therese

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:24 AM

Good luck 3Keiki.   I hope that the move goes well!

#10 MrsDamonSalvatore

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:53 PM

awww im a snowy girl original.gif cooma girl born and bred original.gif i love the snowies wub.gif i only moved to canberra to be with my husband original.gif what area are you going to Op???

#11 Magnus

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:55 PM

Good luck! The Snowys are so lovely.

#12 Guest_CaptainOblivious_*

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:08 PM

Lucky you! I've been arguing with DP about moving to Cooma for the past 12 months and am getting nowhere. I'm totally jealous.

#13 Feral*Spikey*

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:11 PM

And best of all, Canberra is not very far away at all! (and we're planning Yum Cha in January if you'd care to join us?)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

What you need to know about ovulation tests

Most people who are trying to get pregnant know that the best time to conceive is in the few days after ovulation.

Surviving a miscarriage at sea

A cruise with your family is among the most absurd settings for a miscarriage, but it is certainly not the worst.

Mum of three denied tubal ligation because she's 'too young'

A 22-year-old woman who is pregnant with her third child has had her requests for a tubal ligation denied because doctors believe she is too young.

Slapped cheek syndrome a danger for pregnant women

When a pregnant woman is infected, the likelihood that her foetus will be infected is about 50 per cent.

The signs and symptoms of ovulation

If you're hoping to conceive, one of the most important things you need to know about is ovulation.

We all know 'mum guilt' - but what about 'dad guilt'?

I remember the first time I felt mum guilt, within days of having my first child. The feeling was so intense I rang my own mum to debrief, hoping she'd tell me I wouldn't feel this way very often.

Kristen Bell urges mums to be their own superhero

When it comes to motherhood, actress Kristen Bell is her own superhero and she thinks other mums should be too.

Pram review: GB Pockit travel stroller

In a world of ever-shrinking gadgets, it's no surprise prams are getting smaller. We put the record-holding GB Pockit through its paces.

The beautiful Bombol Bouncer is back

The gorgeous Bombol Bouncer is back - and boasts two chic new colours to boot.

Gadgets and accessories for wine lovers

Looking for a gift for the wine lover in your life - or just something for yourself?

Free ticket offer

Pinky Mckay joins us again at the Essential Baby & Toddler Show presented by Blackmores with her expert baby settling advice. Register now for your free ticket.

The adventure doesn't have to stop: here's how to travel with baby

The best part about our outdoor adventures? It makes my husband and I better parents, since we're happier while adventuring.

Woman crashes car to save mum and baby's life

A good samaritan saved a mother and baby from being seriously injured by crashing her own car into theirs.

Should you tell your boss about your postnatal depression?

Returning to work after having a baby can be daunting, and when you're experiencing postnatal depression or anxiety it can seem even more overwhelming.

TV noise can slow toddler word learning, study finds

Background noise from the radio or TV might be making it harder for your toddler to learn learn new words.

Teresa Palmer on her molar pregnancy and 'unsexy' conception

Teresa Palmer is basking in pregnancy glow as she awaits the arrival of her new baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

For the festival lover in all of us

Pre-book & Save 50%. Get your tickets now for Kidtopia Festival. 7-9 October 2016 Parramatta Park, Sydney.

Why drinking water can be deadly for babies

H2O is one of the necessities of life, but for babies a seemingly harmless amount of water can be fatal.

5 ways having a baby is different when you have older children

So much parenting advice is geared towards having your first baby, but what's it like having a baby when you already have children?

You can now make your own plush Falkor

Fans of The NeverEnding Story – of which there are certainly plenty – went crazy for these plush Falkors when they first went on sale last year.

Baby steps

10 things that will actually happen after having a baby

I thought I had prepared myself for motherhood. Then my baby girl arrived and knocked everything flat.

Having a baby: expectations vs reality

People love to warn you about what to expect when having a baby, but they can be way off when it comes to the reality.

Are we having fun yet? Thinking positively as a parent

Motherhood is wonderful ... except when it sucks.

The adorable smile of a baby seeing his mum clearly for the first time

There is no doubt seeing their child smile for the first time is an unforgettable moment for parents everywhere.

When breastfeeding doesn't go with the flow

Breast is best, except when it's not. And in our case, it most definitely wasn't.

'If you don't vaccinate your kids you're a bloody idiot'

The photos are heartbreaking and almost too difficult to look at, but Kayley Burke is begging other parents to take notice.

Why pregnant women should eat chocolate

In news that will make expectant mums jump for joy - and reach for a block of Cadbury - scientists have revealed chocolate could provide health benefits during pregnancy.

The baby born with an incredible head of hair

If you're in any way challenged in the follicle department, prepare to feel a jolt of envy - at a two-month-old baby.

The push for Medicare to fund lactation consultants

While meeting with a lactation consultant can make an enormous difference to a new mother, it's not a service that is available through the public health system.

Parents, this is how to cut grapes to avoid choking

One mum has learnt a harrowing lesson about the best way to cut grapes to make it safe for toddlers and little kids to eat.

Three truths about C-section mums

Lately I've been thinking about the caesarean stories and the brave women who birth their children with strength and beauty.

Help! My baby will only sleep in my arms

It's stressful to be the one who is holding your baby most of the day, but it's even more stressful to wonder, 'am I doing something wrong? Or am I creating bad habits?'

Free ticket offer

Essential Baby & Toddler Show - Sydney

The Essential Baby & Toddler Show, presented by Blackmores, will be held in Sydney on 23-25 September. Register for your free ticket now to save $20!

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.