Getting pregnant after chemical pregnancy?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 TillyTake2

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:44 AM

I posted this is ttc after loss but no one replied sad.gif

We have just started ttc #2 & were thrilled to get a bfp this month. Unfortunately this has ended in a chemical pregnancy (I started bleeding last night at 4wks 3 days).

I'm just wondering about ttc again. Can we try again this month? Is it more likely to happen again? Any success stories?

Thanks xx

Edited by TillyTake2, 08 December 2012 - 07:44 AM.

#2 Iliketoflounce

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:56 AM

I have had 4 chem pg so I know how it feels sad.gif Yes you can try again this month. It can take up to 18months to get a bfp again (that is my my dr said) and I do know a few people that got pg straight away infact one of them is now 23-24 weeks pg original.gif

#3 thelms

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:59 AM

I had one in feb last year at around the same as you. I fell pregnant with DD3 the next cycle. I didn't ovulate till around day 36 of that cycle.

Good luck original.gif

#4 bluthbananas

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:07 PM

I got a BFP the next cycle after a chemical preg. I did have some bleeding early in that pregnancy but DD was fine.

#5 soapy

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:09 PM

I got a  BFP  but tested the next day nothing. Chemical pregnancy?? I just went on trying and got pregnant the next month.

#6 *molly*

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

Thanks for the positive stories everyone. I had a chemical pregnancy last month and hoping it won't take us too long to get our sticky. Good to hear others had success straight away.

#7 ABabyPlease

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

QUOTE (bluthbananas @ 08/12/2012, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I got a BFP the next cycle after a chemical preg. I did have some bleeding early in that pregnancy but DD was fine.

I was the same. Pg with my 1st at 41 after 9 months TTC. Using sperm meets egg plan for chem pg at month 8 and real pg after TTC for 9 months.
Good luck

#8 TillyTake2

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:32 PM

Thanks, very reassuring! We fell pregnant 1st month with our son & were so happy to fall 1st month again so hopefully it won't be long for us till a sticky one original.gif

Edited by TillyTake2, 08 December 2012 - 08:38 PM.

#9 Dionysus

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:10 PM

another one to say I fell pregnant the month after a chem.

GP said to wait, but it was something about the fact that your hormones a reasonably unstable, so chance of preg is increased, but so is chance of another chem.

We did try to not bd around O time, but I O'd later due to the chem, fell pregnant, and she is now 3.5 year old!

#10 ruth79

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:49 AM

i had a chemical pregnancy in september and then another one in october so dr said wait a month. fingers crossed now for december. great to read all the positive stories, though!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celeste Barber: the hilarious Aussie mum you must follow

If you have ever looked at a photo of a celebrity mum and felt a pang of despair then Celeste Barber is your new best friend.

18 tips for surviving the first few weeks with a newborn

Here are 18 tips I think would have helped me when I went into this whole parenting thing blind.

Share your baby's first taste photos to win

Heinz and Essential Baby are giving away $1000 and baby food hampers - enter today!

Thumb-suckers could have less allergies, study shows

Thumb-sucking and nail-biting might alter the immune system function.

The shocking statistic that shows pregnant women need more support

For women suffering from chronic morning sickness or hyperemesis gravidarum (HG), pregnancy is the roller coaster from hell.

Free ticket offer

Pinky Mckay joins us again at the Essential Baby & Toddler Show presented by Blackmores with her expert baby settling advice. Register now for your free ticket.

Dad-to-be plans big surprise for gender reveal party

But for one mum-to-be, the big announcement was mixed with another emotional moment, all planned by her partner.

I was a victim of narcissistic abuse - now I'm speaking out

I met a guy who immediately swept me off my feet. Fast forward five years and I'm sitting alone in a house, crying and pregnant.

Alanis Morissette welcomes baby girl

Alanis Morissette is sharing pictures of her baby girl on social media.

Enduring postnatal anxiety

My hopeless, paralysing love for my children wasn't useful; it wasn't practical. I wasn't in charge.

New mum shares photo of herself in a "giant diaper"

After giving birth, most mothers post a photo to social media.

The art of oral storytelling - and how you can start it with your kids

In this form of communication, the heart listens as well as the ears.

Healing after miscarriage: 6 ways to soften the grief

If you have suffered a pregnancy loss, here are six ways to help soften the grief.

Your handy guide to a mum's tired signs

From the minute that tiny babe is out of you, you'll start hearing about "tired signs".

Prince George checks out helicopters at air show

The Duke of Cambridge has shown his son the inner workings of a helicopter at the Royal International Air Tattoo at RAF Fairford.

Dad catches a Pokemon as his wife waits to give birth

An Aussie dad found himself capturing a Pokemon in a very unusual place: his wife's hospital bed as she waited to give birth.

Mum's warning on dangers of liquid detergent capsules after toddler's accident

A mum has taken to social media to warn others about the dangers of laundry liquid capsules after her daughter was left with serious burns in her eyes.

Mum left reeling over 'breastfeeding' toddler post

For so many little kids, breastfeeding is just something that mummies do.

Does cannabis affect a man's sperm?

If you're pregnant or planning to be, tobacco and alcohol are high on the list of things not to use.  But do we need an equally loud message about avoiding cannabis too?

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Why drinking water can be deadly for babies

H2O is one of the necessities of life, but for babies a seemingly harmless amount of water can be fatal.

5 ways having a baby is different when you have older children

So much parenting advice is geared towards having your first baby, but what's it like having a baby when you already have children?

You can now make your own plush Falkor

Fans of The NeverEnding Story – of which there are certainly plenty – went crazy for these plush Falkors when they first went on sale last year.

Baby steps

10 things that will actually happen after having a baby

I thought I had prepared myself for motherhood. Then my baby girl arrived and knocked everything flat.

Having a baby: expectations vs reality

People love to warn you about what to expect when having a baby, but they can be way off when it comes to the reality.

Are we having fun yet? Thinking positively as a parent

Motherhood is wonderful ... except when it sucks.

The adorable smile of a baby seeing his mum clearly for the first time

There is no doubt seeing their child smile for the first time is an unforgettable moment for parents everywhere.

When breastfeeding doesn't go with the flow

Breast is best, except when it's not. And in our case, it most definitely wasn't.

'If you don't vaccinate your kids you're a bloody idiot'

The photos are heartbreaking and almost too difficult to look at, but Kayley Burke is begging other parents to take notice.

Why pregnant women should eat chocolate

In news that will make expectant mums jump for joy - and reach for a block of Cadbury - scientists have revealed chocolate could provide health benefits during pregnancy.

The baby born with an incredible head of hair

If you're in any way challenged in the follicle department, prepare to feel a jolt of envy - at a two-month-old baby.

The push for Medicare to fund lactation consultants

While meeting with a lactation consultant can make an enormous difference to a new mother, it's not a service that is available through the public health system.

Parents, this is how to cut grapes to avoid choking

One mum has learnt a harrowing lesson about the best way to cut grapes to make it safe for toddlers and little kids to eat.

Three truths about C-section mums

Lately I've been thinking about the caesarean stories and the brave women who birth their children with strength and beauty.

Help! My baby will only sleep in my arms

It's stressful to be the one who is holding your baby most of the day, but it's even more stressful to wonder, 'am I doing something wrong? Or am I creating bad habits?'

ENTER NOW

Win $1000 with Heinz!

We want to see photos of your baby eating - and by sharing, you'll be in the draw to win $1000 and baby food hampers. Enter today!

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.