What's on your mind?

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 3'sACharm

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:05 PM

I have a toothache on my mind and I need distractions...

So what is on your mind right now??

#2 i-candi

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:08 PM

DS - wondering if he would really cope in the real world! at 13 if he never stepped out the house ever again he would be happy!    sigh..... DD lives outside as much as she can  huh.gif

#3 3'sACharm

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:10 PM

QUOTE (i-candi @ 07/12/2012, 10:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
DS - wondering if he would really cope in the real world! at 13 if he never stepped out the house ever again he would be happy!    sigh..... DD lives outside as much as she can  huh.gif

This has crossed my mind about my own kids this week... Can't we keep them on a leash forever?

#4 erindiv

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:12 PM

How much I need to exercise because 15 minutes of yoga nearly left me dead last night and I'm trying to trim down for New Year and Christmas and...

*curls up in corner, whimpering and rocking slowly*

#5 Ianthe

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:12 PM

My assignment that needs to be finished by Sunday, then the one I need to write due the next Sunday, that I haven't wrapped a single present, that I have a heap of end of year stuff to do as P & C treasurer and that I have to write a report for Parish Council and start circulating it to other people to comment on and that I have around 6 different things I need to attend next week on top of the normal stuff.

#6 Batmansunderpants

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:13 PM

How to manage my reflux bub an 2 year old so the 2 year old doesn't feel abandoned. I only seem to say "I can't right now" or "later". His behaviour was so much better after 1:1 time tonight but I am on my own during the day. Mummy guilt sucks.

#7 3'sACharm

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE (erindiv @ 07/12/2012, 10:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How much I need to exercise because 15 minutes of yoga nearly left me dead last night and I'm trying to trim down for New Year and Christmas and...

*curls up in corner, whimpering and rocking slowly*

That's ok, i've been saying i'm going to jump on the treadmill for 5 mins at a time for 6 months....still haven't done it....haven't done much at all....i'm so over the housework and trying to look after myself plus 2 children and my DH...bring on christmas break!!!

#8 i-candi

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:18 PM

QUOTE (3'sACharm @ 07/12/2012, 10:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This has crossed my mind about my own kids this week... Can't we keep them on a leash forever?

I would love him to go out and have fun, spend a day with a friend. He doesn't think the same as me and asked me why he has to go out  sad.gif

#9 bubbanme

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:19 PM

My FIFO DP now coming home on the 2nd Jan instead of the 21st Dec!!!  cry1.gif

Great, missing Christmas & New Years. Merry Christmas to us sad.gif

#10 Paddlepop

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:20 PM

Feeling sorry for myself because I have a hairline fracture of a bone in my right ankle and it is severely sprained, and my left ankle is also sprained. It hurts. It even hurts to sit down on the toilet and get up from it. I'm on crutches so that I can hobble around at home. Cursing that I took a bus home instead of a taxi. I fell down the bus steps when I was getting off, hence the injuries. Thankfully 2yo DD is fine (I was carrying her off the bus).

Also realising that 2yo DD probably has dyspraxia and wondering about the implications that will have for her in the long term.

OP: Try some clove oil or teething gel to dull the toothache.

#11 3'sACharm

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE (i-candi @ 07/12/2012, 10:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would love him to go out and have fun, spend a day with a friend. He doesn't think the same as me and asked me why he has to go out  sad.gif

Sounds like he is trying to hide away from something, is he doing well at school? Plenty of friends? Happy in himself??

#12 Lucrezia Borgia

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:21 PM

I have no wine left sad.gif. I'm very shallow. Well....empty actually....

#13 GoneWithTheWhinge

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:23 PM

how I am going to cope when my do-not-get-along-with moody sister comes to stay for 3 weeks in January.

She doesn't like heat, she doesn't like sun, she doesn't like light nights, she doesn't like BBQ, she doesn't like swimming, she doesn't like beaches.

So why on earth are you coming to Australia in January???

Oh yeah, because my mum is here and you can't bear the thought of my girls spending some time with their nanny for the first time in over a year so by bringing your son over who is used to having nanny to himself 4 days a week you'll make sure my girls get pushed out. Just as last time.

I wish my mum wasn't so soft and hadn't offered to pay for your flights but rest assured dear sister, this time things will be different. there is no way on earth we are spending more on your holiday than you do. As we did last time.

and breathe, sorry that was a bit of a vent there.

#14 3'sACharm

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:24 PM

QUOTE (bubbanme @ 07/12/2012, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Im sorry, that must suck majorly...especially when there is kids involved sad.gif *hugs*

QUOTE (Paddlepop @ 07/12/2012, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Feeling sorry for myself because I have a hairline fracture of a bone in my right ankle and it is severely sprained, and my left ankle is also sprained. It hurts. It even hurts to sit down on the toilet and get up from it. I'm on crutches so that I can hobble around at home. Cursing that I took a bus home instead of a taxi. I fell down the bus steps when I was getting off, hence the injuries. Thankfully 2yo DD is fine (I was carrying her off the bus).

Also realising that 2yo DD probably has dyspraxia and wondering about the implications that will have for her in the long term.

Thanks for the tips...it my wisdom tooth that is the problem...bonjela doesn't cut it and I wouldn't have a clue where to get clove oil.

#15 erindiv

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:24 PM

Oh that sucks sad.gif My DBF did FIFO for 7 months of this year and he missed so many things, but to miss Christmas...! You poor bugger  cry1.gif

#16 3'sACharm

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:26 PM

QUOTE (Lucretia Borgia @ 07/12/2012, 10:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have no wine left sad.gif. I'm very shallow. Well....empty actually....

We have the same problem...

#17 i-candi

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:27 PM

QUOTE (3'sACharm @ 07/12/2012, 10:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sounds like he is trying to hide away from something, is he doing well at school? Plenty of friends? Happy in himself??

Yes (the world), No, no and no.

He suffers from anxiety and depression and has just finished his first year of high school and will be going to a new high school next year which will hopefully suit him better. His best friend from primary school goes there so fingers crossed!!!

Sigh.... DD is soooooo outgoing and has a huge amount of friends. She loves herself and life. How can I have such two different children???????

#18 FeralProudSwahili

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:28 PM

I'm sipping on some delish whiskey, and watching amusing TV, so I don't have an awful lot on my mind. Half considering wrapping some Chrimbo gifts.

#19 i-candi

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:28 PM

QUOTE (Paddlepop @ 07/12/2012, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OUCHIE!!!!!!!!!!!

#20 pinkcupcakes

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:30 PM

the fact that for  the last two weeks i havebeen trying reeeaaly hard to cut down on sugar ( i have the biggest sweet tooth in the world)and then dh goes away for work, leaving me bored..and everyone seems to think bringing me chocolate is a good idea! not that i'm not extremely grateful for the sentiment, but! i dont wanna be fat! cry1.gif and so since i have had all this choc in my house, and have had to settle and resettle and resettle and resettle the kids for the last hour and a half, i ate 95% of said chocolate all by myself and feel sick and fat!!!!!!!!!!!! and yet... in terms of some ppl's real problems, it really doesnt even put a blip on the radar. so...meh. now i feel selfish and all first worldy as well. sad.gif

#21 i-candi

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:31 PM

QUOTE (GoneWithTheWhinge @ 07/12/2012, 10:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
how I am going to cope when my do-not-get-along-with moody sister comes to stay for 3 weeks in January.

She doesn't like heat, she doesn't like sun, she doesn't like light nights, she doesn't like BBQ, she doesn't like swimming, she doesn't like beaches.

So why on earth are you coming to Australia in January???

Oh yeah, because my mum is here and you can't bear the thought of my girls spending some time with their nanny for the first time in over a year so by bringing your son over who is used to having nanny to himself 4 days a week you'll make sure my girls get pushed out. Just as last time.

I wish my mum wasn't so soft and hadn't offered to pay for your flights but rest assured dear sister, this time things will be different. there is no way on earth we are spending more on your holiday than you do. As we did last time.

and breathe, sorry that was a bit of a vent there.

hmmmm sounds similar but my mum and sister only live on the other side of Australia.

#22 R2B2

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:33 PM

Ouch! toothaches are horrible. you poor thing.

I have a lot on my mind.

Do I really want to commit to studying? I feel so old wink.gif

how am I ever going to get my licence? again, I feel so old!

Where the hell did December come from!? it still feels like June to me!

theres more - but there is so much that I'm coming up blank!

#23 Jellyblush

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:34 PM

sad.gif

I'm thinking about how I just found out from my friend accidentally that my significant ex who lives overseas is coming to stay with her & her DP  for a month in January. She knows how I still feel about him, so I'm upset she didn't tell me as soon as it was arranged or even thought of.  Trying to work out if I should tell her I'm upset or if I'm being an idiot.

#24 Jellyblush

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:34 PM

double post

Edited by Jellyblush, 07 December 2012 - 09:34 PM.

#25 miraclebaby11

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:35 PM

I am dealing with a tooth abscess at the moment and also figuring out how to deal with Christmas as DH is working. Do I wait to open presents or not?? Why do I have to love Christmas so much?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

A mum's tragic battle against inflammatory breast cancer

At just 37 years of age, with two young sons, Vicki was diagnosed with inflammatory breast cancer. Now her family wants all women to know the symptoms.

The business of babies around the world

Pregnancy and birth is an intriguing process no matter where you are in the world. One soon-to-be father gleans wisdom from a new guide.

Finding a positive path through IVF

It’s not surprising that IVF is often seen as a negative journey towards the ultimate positive, but having a glass-half-full approach can make a big difference to the experience.

Giving strangers the gift of parenthood

A mum explains why she and her husband are choosing to gift their leftover embryos to help strangers achieve their dream of parenthood.

Does morning sickness get better or worse with each child?

Just as every baby is unique, so is every pregnancy. And that means morning sickness can vary a lot, too.

What's so wrong with looking 'mumsy', anyway?

Why is it that the word ‘mumsy’ has connotations of such a negative nature – but seems to be the only other option apart from ‘yummy’?

Trying to speed up the inevitable

As the waiting game of late pregnancy continues, this mum considers a few things that might hurry things up a little.

One month later: where is William Tyrell?

It has been a little over a month since William Tyrell disappeared from his grandmother's home, 33 long sleepless nights for his family as they mourn the absence of their cheeky young boy.

Winter's child less likely to be moody: study

Babies born in the summer are much more likely to suffer from mood swings when they grow up, while those born in the winter are less likely to become irritable adults, scientists claim.

Single mum of two creates award-winning baby app

Suddenly single with a baby and an 11-year-old son, Tara O?Connell developed an app to improve the lives of mothers who were similarly overwhelmed.

Food for thought: looking after yourself as a new mum

As soon as your baby enters the world, everything else takes a back seat - even the necessities of daily life such as eating are severely compromised, right when you need energy the most.

'Grabbable guts' campaign aims to cut toxic fat

The Live Lighter campaign will take people inside the human body to show the internal dangers of being overweight.

The best and worst month of my life

A new mum's first month of motherhood didn't pan out as expected when she lost a family member weeks after her baby's birth.

Facebook and Apple offer to pay female staff to freeze their eggs

Facebook and Apple are hoping to provide women with the freedom to build their careers without the added pressure of having children at or by a certain age.

How a pregnancy contract could work for you and your partner

The idea of making a 'pregnancy contract' with your partner may sound a bit silly at first, but it can help make the transition to parenthood a lot smoother.

Finding a mum-friendly personal trainer

Burping babies vs burpees – yes, new mums and personal trainers live in different worlds. But they can work together - once you find the right match for you and your lifestyle.

Alleged baby snatch incident a ?misunderstanding?, say police

Police say that an incident in which a man pulled on a woman?s pram while walking a popular Sydney route late last month was a misunderstanding.

Ebola killed my aunt and is shutting down my country

Three weeks ago, my auntie, a midwife, developed a fever. Sitting here in Sydney basked in Australian sunshine, that shouldn't be big news.

The night my ovary burst

One mum shares her frightening experience and vows to never take her health for granted again.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

16 parenting truths you won't find in the baby books

I am five years into this parenting gig and I’ve learnt that sleepless nights and changing dirty nappies are child’s play.

Best and worst potty party cakes

It's nice to celebrate a child making the shift from nappies to 'big kid' undies, but do we really need a semi-realistic used toilet cake to do it? Here are some of the best and worst cakes parents have used at 'potty parties' around the world.

7 tips for a financially festive Christmas

Plan ahead - and do it now - to ensure festive season expenses don't break the bank.

'Go the F*** to Sleep' author's new book for frustrated parents

A sequel is coming soon to the 2011 hit book 'Go the F*** to Sleep' - and this time, it's about mealtimes.

Great birthday party buys from Etsy

Handmade crafts to decorate and personalise your child's next birthday - from banners to cake decorations, we've got gorgeous party finds from Etsy.

Creative storage ideas for the kids' rooms

Creative and practical storage ideas for the kids' toys and books can also add some stylish decor to your home. Visit babyology.com.au for more stylish modern finds for hip kids & parents.

The 'yucky' illness that took over my life

I have a chronic illness nobody likes to discuss, as it involves toilet talk. But it needs to be talked about.

To the mum in the doctor's waiting room

Maybe the mum I saw in that waiting room, seemingly disconnected from her baby, doesn’t have the support she needs.

10 space-saving nursery ideas

Starting a family doesn't always mean moving into a bigger house - not yet, anyway.

What's in a name?

Baby Names

Looking for a classic name, or an unusual name? Our Baby Name Finder is for you, search or browse to refine your shortlist.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.