Where do you buy your kids clothes from?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_- Poppy -_*

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:39 PM

Braved the shops today, it was mad!

Big W seemed to have nice boys clothes and they were well priced but I couldnt find anything in DS's size!!

So im looking for some good quality boys clothes that dont cost the earth.

Where do you buy your kids clothes from?

Any good online shops? Im massively pregnant and I really dont want to walk all over town just to find they have nothing in DS's size.

#2 JillyJellyBean

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:09 PM

Best n Less is good for little kids. Target is also good.

#3 littlesticky

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:12 PM

Target for me, but they are sized for small, skinny bubs.

#4 ausmumof2

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:12 PM

pumpkin patch online have half price on shirts and shorts today only - shorts are around $12

otherwise target, kmart, or ebay

#5 NotBitzerMaloney

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:17 PM

Target

#6 kpingitquiet

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:18 PM

Big W, Target, Kmart, and then I just wait for packages from Granny biggrin.gif Mom shipped us about 10 outfits for kiddo's birthday and there are at least a few more in the squishier of her Christmas packages.

#7 KnightsofNi

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:20 PM

Target, Myer and Next mostly. With a little bit from Big W, Kmart and Gap.

Next is just fantastic for well made, well made clothes.

#8 erindiv

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:20 PM

I only ever buy from Kmart and Big W. It's all I can afford sad.gif

#9 anna_garny

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:23 PM

I have heaps of good op-shops in my area, and a single run in the machine with some napi-san is all they need before they're ready to wear.

About 70% of our clothing (Husband's and mine) is from op-shops and 100% of all the pieces I've bought for Baby Incoming so far have been from op-shops.

#10 tel2

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:24 PM

For basic everyday things usually Target or Kmart...

For those special occasions I usually go to op shops (eg Savers) and buy some secondhand designer gear for them.

#11 Bam1

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:27 PM

Supre!

The factory outlets have fabric and as its mainly jersey, its very easy to run up pants, skirts and raglan Ts on my serger for less than $1 each.  Its also easy to run up some T-shirt dresses as their sizes are so small there is very little alteration required.

Edited by Bam1, 07 December 2012 - 02:28 PM.

#12 BubbleBird

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:27 PM

Next direct - amazing quality for the price
Charlie and Me - bought some stuff online the other day. Quality seems pretty good, they were having an awesome sale and it arrived on my door step within a day and a half!
Purebaby - expensive but gorgeous
Cotton On Kids - trendy but the quality is not great, pretty cheap though

ETA the Mix range of kids clothes at Coles is pretty good too. I think much better quality than Target and Kmart, plus I find that they have a nicer style. It can be bought online.

Edited by BubbleBird, 07 December 2012 - 02:30 PM.

#13 naturalgoodness

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:28 PM

Crazy 8 - I wait for the end of season sales which ties in perfectly with our seasons being US based and most times even with postage the cost per item is less than it is at home. I also find the clothing more age appropriate and not offensive. The quality is very good too.

#14 Ice Queen

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:35 PM

With my DD I used Target as my staple shop but with a boy, much harder.  I find the boys clothes in Target, Kmart and Big W pretty dreadful.

Most of DS's is from Gap online, a few bits from Seed (but not a lot as it is stupid expensive), Bonds, Pumpkin Patch and Zara.

#15 *~dee~*

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:41 PM

I buy almost all my DD's clothes from Kmart. Love it and it's so cheap!

#16 Guest_Sunnycat_*

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:46 PM

I order mostly online now as I can get stuff from the US for cheaper. I love Gymbaroo and Crazy 8 when they are on sale, otherwise, Target, Kmart, Myer, Charlie and Me, Punpkin Patch or eBay. I just buy stuff I like within reason whether it's expensive or cheap.

#17 ellebelle

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:48 PM

I get a bit from Myer when it is 50% off the marked down price.

#18 frozie

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:55 PM

Next for basics (tshirts, long sleeve tops, shorts, trackpant, etc for daycare).  Awesome prices on the multi packs and free delivery.

Then the rest is bought in sales or secondhand off ebay (Quiksilver, Oishi-m, Gap, Pumpkin Patch, etc).

#19 FeralLIfeHacker

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:01 PM

80%
handed down, op-shops,

20% -
Stuff I can't find 2ndhand or dont want to like undies, bathers, special outfits etc come from Target, kmart, Pumpkin patch (on sale), Best n Less, Charlie and Me (on sale).

#20 SlinkyMalinki

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:08 PM

Mostly Sprout/Milkshake (Myer brands), Pumpkin Patch, Mothercare, Target.

#21 Feral_Pooks

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:25 PM

Mostly Facebook buy swap and sell sites, gumtree, eBay.

Secondly, Op shops.

Then for the rest- best'n'less and Kmart. Target for anything special or when there is a sale.

#22 ez21

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:30 PM

Cotton on Kids for shirts and shorts. I don't buy much of their winter stuff as the arms and legs are cut too slim for my DS.

Gumboots for good quality shirts, shorts and pants that wash and wear really well.  Gumboots clothing definitely lasts for more than one child but their sizes only start at 2.  Not sure if they have an online store.

Country Road for something nice, but I don't buy it unless it's on sale!

Target and Big W for Bonds clothing. Lots of the Target and Big W boys clothing have painted on gaudy patterns and characters, of which I'm not a fan.  If you pick through the bad stuff you can find some decent stuff, but not a lot.

Gap for pants, jeans, cords, jumpers and PJs but shipping can be a killer.  Good quality though and will last for more than one child and still look new.  They have a variety of cuts for slim or loose fitting pants.

#23 feralangel

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:49 PM

Trade Secret for discount designer.  I bought three oobi dresses last week and saved$15-$20 on each.  I also bought some bonds dresses, shorts, t-shirts, leggings and body suits and saved $5-$15 off each item.

I buy purebaby, sprout and sooki baby from myer when they have 25% 30% and 50% sales (which are more frequent than you might think).

Ebay is good for bargains.  I recently bought a bonds dress ( new with tags) for $3.95.

I find it cheaper in the long run to spend a little more and buy quality clothes.  They wash and wear so much better.

#24 whale-woman

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:58 PM

I buy DDs clothes from Pumpkin patch and Target mostly. Occasionally I buy Country Road  for nice stuff. Rarely Myer or Cotton On. I sometimes buy Gap or Next. I'll pick up cheap tshirts or pjs from Kmart or coles occasionally.

#25 dae-gu

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:23 PM

QUOTE (ez21 @ 07/12/2012, 04:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gumboots for good quality shirts, shorts and pants that wash and wear really well.  Gumboots clothing definitely lasts for more than one child but their sizes only start at 2.  Not sure if they have an online store.

Gum Gum is Gumboots smaller size stuff wink.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

A mum's tragic battle against inflammatory breast cancer

At just 37 years of age, with two young sons, Vicki was diagnosed with inflammatory breast cancer. Now her family wants all women to know the symptoms.

The business of babies around the world

Pregnancy and birth is an intriguing process no matter where you are in the world. One soon-to-be father gleans wisdom from a new guide.

Finding a positive path through IVF

It’s not surprising that IVF is often seen as a negative journey towards the ultimate positive, but having a glass-half-full approach can make a big difference to the experience.

Giving strangers the gift of parenthood

A mum explains why she and her husband are choosing to gift their leftover embryos to help strangers achieve their dream of parenthood.

Does morning sickness get better or worse with each child?

Just as every baby is unique, so is every pregnancy. And that means morning sickness can vary a lot, too.

What's so wrong with looking 'mumsy', anyway?

Why is it that the word ‘mumsy’ has connotations of such a negative nature – but seems to be the only other option apart from ‘yummy’?

Trying to speed up the inevitable

As the waiting game of late pregnancy continues, this mum considers a few things that might hurry things up a little.

One month later: where is William Tyrell?

It has been a little over a month since William Tyrell disappeared from his grandmother's home, 33 long sleepless nights for his family as they mourn the absence of their cheeky young boy.

Winter's child less likely to be moody: study

Babies born in the summer are much more likely to suffer from mood swings when they grow up, while those born in the winter are less likely to become irritable adults, scientists claim.

Single mum of two creates award-winning baby app

Suddenly single with a baby and an 11-year-old son, Tara O?Connell developed an app to improve the lives of mothers who were similarly overwhelmed.

Food for thought: looking after yourself as a new mum

As soon as your baby enters the world, everything else takes a back seat - even the necessities of daily life such as eating are severely compromised, right when you need energy the most.

'Grabbable guts' campaign aims to cut toxic fat

The Live Lighter campaign will take people inside the human body to show the internal dangers of being overweight.

The best and worst month of my life

A new mum's first month of motherhood didn't pan out as expected when she lost a family member weeks after her baby's birth.

Facebook and Apple offer to pay female staff to freeze their eggs

Facebook and Apple are hoping to provide women with the freedom to build their careers without the added pressure of having children at or by a certain age.

How a pregnancy contract could work for you and your partner

The idea of making a 'pregnancy contract' with your partner may sound a bit silly at first, but it can help make the transition to parenthood a lot smoother.

Finding a mum-friendly personal trainer

Burping babies vs burpees – yes, new mums and personal trainers live in different worlds. But they can work together - once you find the right match for you and your lifestyle.

Alleged baby snatch incident a ?misunderstanding?, say police

Police say that an incident in which a man pulled on a woman?s pram while walking a popular Sydney route late last month was a misunderstanding.

Ebola killed my aunt and is shutting down my country

Three weeks ago, my auntie, a midwife, developed a fever. Sitting here in Sydney basked in Australian sunshine, that shouldn't be big news.

The night my ovary burst

One mum shares her frightening experience and vows to never take her health for granted again.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

16 parenting truths you won't find in the baby books

I am five years into this parenting gig and I’ve learnt that sleepless nights and changing dirty nappies are child’s play.

Best and worst potty party cakes

It's nice to celebrate a child making the shift from nappies to 'big kid' undies, but do we really need a semi-realistic used toilet cake to do it? Here are some of the best and worst cakes parents have used at 'potty parties' around the world.

7 tips for a financially festive Christmas

Plan ahead - and do it now - to ensure festive season expenses don't break the bank.

'Go the F*** to Sleep' author's new book for frustrated parents

A sequel is coming soon to the 2011 hit book 'Go the F*** to Sleep' - and this time, it's about mealtimes.

Great birthday party buys from Etsy

Handmade crafts to decorate and personalise your child's next birthday - from banners to cake decorations, we've got gorgeous party finds from Etsy.

Creative storage ideas for the kids' rooms

Creative and practical storage ideas for the kids' toys and books can also add some stylish decor to your home. Visit babyology.com.au for more stylish modern finds for hip kids & parents.

The 'yucky' illness that took over my life

I have a chronic illness nobody likes to discuss, as it involves toilet talk. But it needs to be talked about.

To the mum in the doctor's waiting room

Maybe the mum I saw in that waiting room, seemingly disconnected from her baby, doesn’t have the support she needs.

10 space-saving nursery ideas

Starting a family doesn't always mean moving into a bigger house - not yet, anyway.

What's in a name?

Baby Names

Looking for a classic name, or an unusual name? Our Baby Name Finder is for you, search or browse to refine your shortlist.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.