AC Grads - Due July, August, Sept 2013
Congratulations!

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 Forum Moderator

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:27 PM

Congratulations and best wishes for a very sticky, healthy and happy pregnancy original.gif

Cheers,
~Mintie~

#2 Milano

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:41 PM

GOLD!

Hi ladies,

I am a bit apprehensive about joining here but I'm trying to be positive.

Got my BFP confirmed by bloodtest today after 3 years TTC and 8 IVF cycles. I'm 15dpo and my HCG was 65 which seems a little low to me but only time will tell. Next bloodtest scheduled for Tuesday. There is so much waiting involved.

EDD is 14th August  original.gif

Milano xxx

#3 Protea

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:02 AM

Hi Milano,

Congratulations on your BFP! Three years is an excruciating wait but I bet this little embie is a sticky one.

I understand the apprehension to join this group, after two MC I am holding my breath at the moment but I figured that it will be nice to have somewhere to share my pregnancy.

**Child mentioned**

My EDD is 30th July and I have my scan on Monday where I really hope we will see a perfect little heartbeat. I'm hoping that it is good luck that my DD was transferred on the same day (two years earlier) as this little embie (11/11) and therefore had the same EDD. She decided to join us 5+ weeks early though.

Looking forward to getting to know you and everyone else.

#4 leebec

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:24 PM

Bronze!!!!

Hi Milano & Protea great to see this group up & going.

I am 5w3d and this pregnancy was from our 7th transfer. We have done 7 cycles since October 2011 and changed FS twice and clinics once. I also did 6 rounds of clomid with first FS. I did have a natural preg exactly 2 years ago - 1st month trying - but we lost bub 3 days before Xmas at 8w3d.

I am seeing my Ob on Monday due to miscarriage before and kidney/bladder issues I have.

He will be doing a scan as my clinic does not do repeat bloods and he did some for me and they were extremely high - 220 @ 14dpo & 650 @ 16dpo - so I guess we will see how many are in there. We transferred 2 x 5 day blasts so anything is a possibility. My due date is 7 August but I will be having a c-section so looking at a July bub.

I am last my first mental hurdle of the bleed in my last pregnancy so that's good.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

#5 *LiMa*

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:42 PM

Hi Everyone,

I'm 7+2, due July 24.  This was my first ICSI cycle, after 4.5 years of trying, including a run of Clomid.  I miscarried at 5 weeks in September 2010.

I have a 10 year old daughter, who will turn 11 about 2 weeks before my EDD.  As you can imagine she is absolutely ecstatic about (finally) becoming a big sister.  Had my 7 week scan on Wednesday, and we saw baby's heartbeat flickering at 128 beats a minute.  It's not going to be all smooth sailing from here on in unfortunately, as I have a progesterone deficiency, which doesn't seem to be getting better, so I am still taking Crinone Gel twice a day.  We will do another round of bloods on about the 19th of December and hopefully that will show my levels are right, if not we will go to weekly bloods to measure my progesterone.  All going well I will have my next scan in early to mid January for the NT scan.

Looking forward to a boring 7 - 8 months with you all

#6 Milano

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:37 AM

Hi ladies,

Protea - good luck with your scan tomorrow. How far will you be tomorrow? I'm having a scan early at 6 weeks 2 days because we are going overseas on Boxing Day so I wanted to have it before we went. I'm aware that it might be too early to see a heartbeat but I really, really, really hope we do!

leebec - wow, your levels were high. Maybe twins? Hope your scan tomorrow goes well.

LiMa - oh you poor thing being on crinone twice a day. That stuff is yuk. I bet your DD is super excited about having a brother or sister, how cute.

AFM, just hanging out until Tuesday until my next bloodtest to check my levels. Fingers crossed they are rising nicely.

Milano xxx

#7 Protea

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:32 AM

Morning all!

leebec - Good luck for your appointment today, I hope you get great news from your Ob. It's fantastic that he's monitoring you so closely.

*LiMa* - That's brilliant that you saw your baby's heartbeat. I bet telling your DD was magical. Crinone is yucky stuff isn't it?

Milano - Good luck for your blood test tomorrow, the waiting game is painful. What a great holiday pressie to see a beautiful heartbeat.

AFM - We saw a perfect little heartbeat (130 bpm)...and I balled my eyes out!!! I can't believe we are really pregnant. We are 7 weeks tomorrow so we'll tell our family at Christmas which will be fun. There's still months of worrying to do but for now, I'm so excited!

I'm really looking forward to getting to know you guys and sharing our pregnancies.

#8 Milano

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:39 PM

Oh wow Protea, I got all emotional when I read your post. So happy for you. I'm sure it feels real now, how exciting.  biggrin.gif

#9 Milano

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:07 PM

Hi all,

Got my 2nd Beta HCG results today and I'm nervous to say the least. They are rising, but so slowly. I hate the waiting around that is involved, I just want to know what's going on!!!

15dpo - 65
20dpo - 164

Sorry for the 'me' post. Hope everyone is well.

Milano xxx

#10 Protea

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:42 PM

Milano, You go through so much with IVF that you'd think a worry free pregnancy would be the only fair option, hey? I'm sorry that you're playing the waiting game again. Remember that ideally at this stage the HcG levels double every 48-72 hours so you're in the zone. Although I imagine that knowing that is no help at all. What's the next step for you? Will they do another blood test? I have my fingers crossed tightly for you.

#11 Milano

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:56 PM

Thanks Protea, but the thing is, they are not doubling within 48-72 hours. I've calculated that they are doubling in about 90 hours (there was 120 hours between tests).

The clinic have advised another bloodtest next Tuesday but I think I might call them tomorrow and ask for one sooner as another week of waiting is excruciating!

#12 Magenta_

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:17 PM

Hi Milano,

Been popping in to see how you're going.  Sorry the numbers are giving you concern, can totally understand.  But they are going up and nothing with our bodies ever goes exactly to plan!  I don't think I could handle waiting until Tuesday either.  I'd be in there before the weekend for sure.

Thinking of you and hoping for the best.   wink.gif
Magenta xx

#13 Protea

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:19 AM

Milano,

Did you have any luck getting an earlier blood test? I'm thinking of you.

#14 Milano

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:25 AM

Thanks Magenta and Protea, my FN has brought the bloodtest forward a day earlier to Monday. She said it is best to wait until next week as they'll have a better indication of what the levels are doing. Guess I just have to trust.

Going to be a long wait until then.

Milano xxx

Edited by Milano, 13 December 2012 - 08:26 AM.

#15 leebec

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:23 PM

Milano -  thinking of you and hope Mondays bloods are good.

Protea - that is such a great heartbeat.

AFM - Monday was a bit up and down. I started spotting Sunday - brown blood but still blood. Anyway Ob could see 2 sacs but that's it. He repeated bloods and they were 15300 at 26 dpo which was a doubling time of 47.17 so within range. Anyway he asked me to wait till Monday to have my scan I was supposed to go to clinic and have FS scan me tomorrow but my lovely nurse got it moved to today. We saw two sacs again but one beautiful bean with a heartbeat. Being the clinic machine we didn't get a heart rate but we could visibly see heart beating. So we have lost one of the twins but we still have one baby which for us is more than we could of ever hoped or after 7 transfers.

#16 Protea

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:47 AM

Milano -What a looooong wait til Monday but when you get the good news that your little embie is travelling along nicely it will be worth it. I bet you'll be trying to keep yourself busy this weekend!

leebec - Such a scare, I'm glad that you got to see a heartbeat. How far along are you now?

#17 Milano

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:50 AM

Not looking good for me. I did a HPT yesterday and after getting super dark lines earlier in the week it was very very light. And have started spotting this morning.

I knew my levels weren't right. Looks like Monday's bloodtest will just tell me the inevitable.

sad.gif

#18 Protea

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:38 PM

Oh Milano, I'm so sorry. I wish there were words that would help to make you feel better but I know that there aren't. I really, really hope that the signs are wrong and you have a lovely rising HcG on Monday. Be kind to yourself as you wait.

#19 Magenta_

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:20 PM

Sorry the tests are getting lighter Milano  sad.gif
Just wanted to say I'm thinking of you and hope things work out ok.
Magenta xx

#20 Protea

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:14 AM

Good luck for your blood test today, Milano.

#21 Milano

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:06 PM

Hi ladies,

Unfortunately I don't have any good news. I started bleeding and cramping very heavily over the weekend and todays bloodtest confirmed the loss - my HCG level was 9.  sad.gif

I have to go back for another bloodtest on Thursday (!!!) as they want to make sure the levels go under 5.

So disappointed.

Thanks to everyone for your support and I hope you all have a lovely Christmas and I hope 2013 brings a lot of happiness to us all.

Milano xx

#22 Magenta_

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:55 PM

I'm so sorry Milano, I've been so hoping for a different outcome for you today.
Magenta xx

#23 Protea

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:51 AM

I'm really sorry Milano. I hope that 2013 is your year.

#24 shelly1170

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:21 PM

Hello ladies.

Milano, I am so sorry to hear your news.  I hope 2013 brings you the baby you long for.

I just found out today that my second round of IVF using an egg donor looks like it was successful.

HCG on Saturday was 13 and today it was 109.  So that's doubling just under every 24 hours.

I have had three definite miscarriages since 2011, possibly 5, and one failed FET.

I'm wavering between being excited and being terrified.  

EDD is 23rd August.

#25 Protea

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:39 AM

Welcome Shelly1170!

This IVF caper is heartbreaking isn't it? I understand how you feel about being excited and terrified at the same time. With my DD I didn't stop worrying until I was 28 weeks as I was told that at this stage the survival rate was something like 98%. Whether that was correct or not didn't matter, it made me feel better.

Your HcG doubling every 24 hours is very exciting! Go little embie original.gif When is your scan?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Britain's youngest parents: mother 12, father 13

A 12-year-old schoolgirl and her 13-year-old boyfriend are believed to have become Britain?s youngest parents, after the birth of their baby girl earlier this week.

When Prince George met Bilby George

Prince George has met an Aussie marsupial named after him in his first official engagement in Australia.

Asphyxia link another piece of the SIDS puzzle

An Australian study has uncovered information which could lead to a better understanding of why babies die from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.

Pregnant woman dies after doctor removes ovary instead of appendix

When a UK woman went to hospital suffering appendicitis, doctors mistakenly removed her healthy ovary - with tragic consequences.

The milestones I can't wait to celebrate

Nothing can beat the feeling of witnessing that first smile, first step and first word - but here's a list of 'firsts' I'm really looking forward to now.

How you develop in your baby's first year

Just as babies undergo rapid growth as they learn and change in their first year, we?re learning and changing quickly as parents, too. Don?t underestimate the developmental stages you go through when you have a baby.

Can you make your baby smarter even before birth?

A product new to Australia claims to help babies be born "as intelligent as possible", but not all experts agree on the benefits of educating babies while still in the womb.

How a mother's love helped unearth the skills of an autistic savant

Autistic savant Ping Lian Yeak, a prodigious artist who has had his work shown all over the world, couldn't have done it without the support and love of his proud mum.

Rescue dog Zoey and BFF Jasper star in adorable pics

Photographer, self-professed "crazy dog lady" and mum Grace Chon takes photos of rescue dog Zoey and her 10-month-old son Jasper together. The results are just too cute. See more on Instagram @thegracechon.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

A tiny heart: a baby?s death gives life to another

Simon Alexander Garcia lived only one brief hour. But somewhere, a little girl?s heart is beating today because of him.

Ear piercing: what age is best?

What is it that shapes our opinions on what?s an 'appropriate' age for our children to get their ears pierced? Parents share their views on how young is too young when it comes to piercing.

Why is childbirth still such a pain?

The options given to women to help them cope in labour have barely changed in years.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win the brand new phil&teds vibe

Check out the good looking new release of the Vibe 3 and the Verve 4-wheeler inline strollers. To celebrate their release, we have a Vibe with double kit to give away.

Baby sleep

From birth to one year and beyond, read about baby sleep, soothing techniques, routines, and sleep school experiences.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

7 tips for a kid-free trip, not a guilt trip

Although I?m jumping out of my skin to take my child-free holiday, I?m dreading the goodbye. But I?m determined to make the most of it without tarnishing it with guilt or sadness about leaving the kids.

Itchibubs: clothes for babies and toddlers with eczema

Parents of children who suffer from eczema will know only too well the scratching that occurs around the clock. A new clothing range aims to help make everyone more comfortable.

Ear piercing: what age is best?

What is it that shapes our opinions on what?s an 'appropriate' age for our children to get their ears pierced? Parents share their views on how young is too young when it comes to piercing.

Caring for kids helps grandmothers stay mentally alert

Looking after grandchildren can help grandmothers ward off brain disease - but it's also possible to get too much of a good thing, researchers say.

Why I loved my third home water birth

After two water births at home, I was determined to give birth to my son the same way. I just hoped this birth would be quicker than my last two.

Revealed: 7 ways food marketers try to trick consumers

If you?re confused by food labels, you?re not alone. Next time you?re shopping for food, look out for these seven common labelling tricks.

'My mother-in-law found out our baby's gender behind our backs'

My husband and I mutually decided that we didn?t want to know our baby's sex before the birth, but his mother couldn't handle that.

Free Printable Activities

Keeping little hands busy

Free printable acitivity pages like colouring in, cutting, word finders, mazes, maths activities and puzzles.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.