Antonia Kidman
welcomes a baby boy

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 calico

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:48 AM

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/life...205-2audf.html

New baby is named Alexander Norman.

His siblings are Lucia, 13, Hamish, 11, James, 9 and Sybella, 5, and Nicholas, 22 months.

#2 Kitty Fantastico

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:50 AM

I didn't know she was pregnant. I'm not a fan of her boys names, the girls names are better imo. I'm no name nerd, but aren't Hamish and James the same name? Or do I have them confused with another name?

#3 CleverChook

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:30 AM

Alexander is fabulous.  I like her taste in names, apart from the James/Hamish issue.  Not sure about Norman, but I'm assuming a family name.

#4 Bel Rowley

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:42 AM

QUOTE (CleverChook @ 06/12/2012, 12:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Alexander is fabulous.  I like her taste in names, apart from the James/Hamish issue.  Not sure about Norman, but I'm assuming a family name.

Ditto!

#5 la di dah

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:24 PM

Who is Antonia Kidman? unsure.gif

I like Sybella but would prefer Sybil/Sibyl/Sybilla. Maybe I'm a weirdo.

The whole Norman being a family name is tres boring, y'all. If we're going to engage in conjecture let's make it entertaining.

He's OBVIOUSLY named after her secret tryst with U.S. General "Stormin'" Norman Schwarzkopf.

Or celebrating the Norman conquest of England in 1066.

#6 Z-girls rock

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:29 PM

QUOTE (la di dah @ 06/12/2012, 04:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Who is Antonia Kidman? unsure.gif

She is the sister of Nicole Kidman.

I think all the names are pretty 'meh'.

the number of children she has makes my eyes water. And given that Nicole has well known fertility issues I think she is just being a B*tch and a show-off.  ph34r.gif   LOL

Edited by Z-girls rock, 06 December 2012 - 03:33 PM.

#7 Chaos in stereo

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:34 PM

La di dah are you sure it wasn't Norman Gunston?

#8 BabyBumbleBee

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:13 AM

Lovely, and what a beautiful, beautiful sibset that is.

#9 elle-M

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:12 PM

QUOTE (Z-girls rock @ 06/12/2012, 01:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
She is the sister of Nicole Kidman.

I think all the names are pretty 'meh'.

the number of children she has makes my eyes water. And given that Nicole has well known fertility issues I think she is just being a B*tch and a show-off.  ph34r.gif   LOL

I think La Di Dah was joking...

I'm pretty sure Antonia's not having kids just for the sake of showing off  biggrin.gif  It's her second marriage and second child with new husband.

#10 la di dah

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:17 PM

QUOTE (elle-M @ 07/12/2012, 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nope. I don't know anything about Nicole Kidman aside from she has some kids with Tom Cruise and is married to Keith Urban? I think? Or is it Brad Paisley...? One of the girlier-looking country singers.

Sorry.  ssorry.gif

#11 Z-girls rock

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:23 PM

QUOTE (elle-M @ 07/12/2012, 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm pretty sure Antonia's not having kids just for the sake of showing off  biggrin.gif  It's her second marriage and second child with new husband.

I am pretty sure I was joking too. (hence the LOL)

Actually I am not damn it! I truely think Antonia Kidman had a mad case of 'second-non-famous-sister-syndrom' (its a real thing... er... look it up) and thinks the only way to make it into the news and onto EB is to keep popping out kids. so she does.
With every baby she calls Nicole and says "Take THAT older sister! ... so you have an OSCAR!! SO What!! At least I can have 6 millionty children hahahahaha *mad woman cackle* hahahaha"
dont you?

#12 Z-girls rock

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:23 PM

double post

Edited by Z-girls rock, 07 December 2012 - 03:26 PM.

#13 elle-M

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:54 PM

HA! Now that I think of it you may be right.  biggrin.gif  To be honest, I've never liked the Kidman sisters, something about them irks me. For a start they're ridiculously too skinny.

#14 PurpleWitch

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:13 PM

Good for her.

Love her names.

#15 Feral Borgia

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:34 PM

QUOTE (Z-girls rock @ 07/12/2012, 04:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am pretty sure I was joking too. (hence the LOL)

Actually I am not damn it! I truely think Antonia Kidman had a mad case of 'second-non-famous-sister-syndrom' (its a real thing... er... look it up) and thinks the only way to make it into the news and onto EB is to keep popping out kids. so she does.
With every baby she calls Nicole and says "Take THAT older sister! ... so you have an OSCAR!! SO What!! At least I can have 6 millionty children hahahahaha *mad woman cackle* hahahaha"
dont you?

In my darker, more evil moments....I too have thought this.....look I can have all these kids and you had to have a gestational carrier (or whatever the term is)....

But the more likely scenario is she likes kids I guess.....

#16 Feral_Pooks

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:48 PM

Oh well, I feel like being an honest name geek b**ch tonight.

Alexander is a great, solid name. Can't stand the James/Hamish thing together, yikes! It would just bug me forever. Now whenever I hear her mentioned I'm just going to immediately think of it. Lucia is nice. Sybella and Nicholas are horrid. All together, I think it's pretty boring. It's bland, bland, bland (except Sybella, which is... Mmm.)

My DP has a conservative naming style, but if I had 6 kids I reckon I'd be able to throw in a bit more colour while he wasn't paying attention biggrin.gif

#17 la di dah

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:53 PM

RISING TO THE FIGHT! no not really. I love you Pooks.

But while I'd probably never use it, what is so wrong with Nicholas? I thought it was pretty classic?

#18 Le-a

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:02 PM

I'm pretty convinced that Nicole and and Keith are the same person, or at least share the same, stretched, forehead.

I think Antonias names are all pretty bland and boring, but I guess they just aren't my style. I don't really know much about AK, I tend to tune out when I hear her monotonous droning voice on TV interviews. What does she actually do? Does she have a blog or something?

#19 baddmammajamma

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:15 PM

Though I really like Alexander and Nicholas, I generally prefer names outside of the top 20/top 50.

I *am* a name nerd, and the James/Hamish thing drives me batty. At least this latest little boy wasn't named Jacob or Seamus!

Lucia is lovely -- Sybella is NMS.

In short, it doesn't get the "Whoa, great sib set" stamp of approval from me (I'm in Camp Pooks), but they aren't my kids to name.

#20 la di dah

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:19 PM

Hamish I like but not with James (James is fine too individually). Alexander I love but could never use myself. Sybella seems not as cool as Sybilla, which is less lost-amongst-the-bellas.

Lucia I vary wildly on depending on which pronunciation, I really favour the Spanish.

Nicholas is cool for other people to use.

I would have a Sybil/Sibyl/Sybilla myself if I could get away with it but not a Sybella. Other bella names are cooler.

#21 Feral_Pooks

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:04 PM

QUOTE (la di dah @ 07/12/2012, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
RISING TO THE FIGHT! no not really. I love you Pooks.

But while I'd probably never use it, what is so wrong with Nicholas? I thought it was pretty classic?

I'm not sure. It sounds like "knicker-less". I know a couple of asshats with that name. It sounds like a Dutch biscuit. I don't think it sounds nice in English. I much prefer Nicola, as well. Irrational hatred?

QUOTE (baddmammajamma @ 07/12/2012, 06:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Though I really like Alexander and Nicholas, I generally prefer names outside of the top 20/top 50.

I *am* a name nerd, and the James/Hamish thing drives me batty. At least this latest little boy wasn't named Jacob or Seamus!

Lucia is lovely -- Sybella is NMS.

In short, it doesn't get the "Whoa, great sib set" stamp of approval from me (I'm in Camp Pooks), but they aren't my kids to name.

Omg, a Jacob or Seamus would have sent me over the edge.

#22 PurpleWitch

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:37 PM

I find it ironic someone who calls their son Adam can talk about bland and boring names.

I like Adam btw.. Just found it hilarious.

#23 Feral_Pooks

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:41 PM

I get what you mean laughing2.gif

I guess even simple names could mesh together into a more interesting group though? And I stand by my comment that surely some more interesting stuff could slip by the keeper with 6 kids? I know DP would have to give in to Juniper or Orion eventually... Tounge1.gif

#24 Niamh23

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:43 PM

Urgh, I can't stand Antonia. She has to be one of the most annoying TV 'personalities' out there. Doesn't seem to do much except pop out kids and host sappy reality shows about other women popping out kids.

#25 PurpleWitch

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:43 PM

Maybe she doesn't like "interesting" names?

Maybe she will name number 7 Adam wink.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Share the little things that make you smile

We're giving away a Mountain Buggy nano, the ultimate travel stroller - and here are some of the great entries so far.

Toddler pleads for return of "stolen" nose

A two-year-old's reaction to a game of "got your nose" shows it doesn't take much to make a toddler cry.

The 15 photos new parents share (and five they don't)

From the first scan photo to the baby covered in cake at their first birthday party, there are 15 photos most parents seem to share - and some they don't.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

Breastfeeding friendly café goes viral

A photo of a breastfeeding-friendly sign in a cafe has been posted to Facebook and shared by hundreds of mums around the world.

First look at the Bugaboo Bee3

The newest Bugaboo Bee ? the Bee3 ? offers a variety of improved features, including a much asked-for bassinet and a rainbow of colour combinations.

Childcare costs, not paid leave, the real issue for parents

Given the choice between maintaining their wage for six months to have a child, or having a reduced rate of pay for a time but a better deal on childcare when returning to work, there are no odds on what most working parents would choose.

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

We lost three babies in two years

Our first pregnancy ended the way we all expected it to - with a healthy, happy baby in our arms. What a true blessing he was, for we were not to know the heartache we were about endure.

Family turned back from doomed flight MH17

'There must have been someone watching over us and saying, 'You must not get on that flight,' says mother who narrowly avoided boarding the Malaysian Airlines flight which exploded in mid-air over the Ukraine last night.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Adorable Skeanie loafers for kids

Your little toddler or preschooler can now get their nautical on with a new range of classic loafers by Australian show brand Skeanie.

My baby is hypermobile

For months, I have been telling myself not to worry that Jasmin isn't crawling or walking. This week I heard the term hypermobile for the first time.

When you don?t bond with your baby

They say that there is no bond greater than the bond between a mother and her child. But for some women, the mother-baby bond takes more time and effort to develop.

Yumi Stynes: Having a baby after a 10-year break

After a long break, Yumi Stynes gets a reminder of the pain - and the pleasure - of giving birth.

Grieving father asks for help to Photoshop his daughter's image

When Nathan Steffel's daughter Sophia died from a liver condition at just 6 weeks old, he reached out for someone to create a beautiful image of his little girl.

Raising kids in a 'low media' home

Can you imagine a life without TV or computers? Some parents are opting for a low-tech, screen-free life for their kids.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

Be careful what you say, your baby is listening

The importance of speaking to your baby even if they are not old enough to answer back has been highlighted by new research.

WIN two Sea-Bands plus $1000

Three lucky fans can win a Sea-Band Prize Pack valued at over $1000 each, which includes two Sea-Bands plus a $1000 Eftpos Gift Card!

The beautiful moment a baby was born at the side of a road

It's not where she expected to give birth, but mum Corrine Cinatl is delighted that her daughter's roadside arrival was captured in a series of beautiful photos.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

The Nappy Collective starts new drive

It's that time of year when the dedicated volunteers at The Nappy Collective do their bit to help out mums and children in need - and they need your help.

Baby shower cake wrecks

From misshapen cake babies to questionable text, from odd colour choices to internal organ recreation, these are the baby shower cakes that taste forgot.

Photographer captures the beauty of adoption

The love of a family is usually tough to capture on camera. This is an exception.

Pregnancy progression photo ideas

Want to record your pregnancy as your belly grows? Here are some creative, fun ideas for photo shoots along the way.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Tin can craft and DIY ideas

Got a few old formula, Milo or coffee cans around the house? Use these fantastic upcycling ideas to create items for around the house and yard.

Dads meet their newborn for the first time

Emotional photos of two fathers meeting their newborn son have resonated with viewers worldwide, attracting thousands of Facebook likes and shares.

Skin safety isn't just a summer worry

Lax about the slip slop slap with your kids as weather turns cooler? Here's a reminder as to why we have to remain vigilant for our children?s future health.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Creative sleeping baby photoshoots

See how some parents and photographers have captured sleeping babies in unusual positions and using different props.

DIY kitchen and food hacks

DIY your way to a better kitchen and make cooking easier with our clever hacks. (Some content reproduced with permission from mashable.com.)

Winter warmers for babies and toddlers

Your baby or toddler will be nice and snug in these beautiful and fun winter pieces. Most are hand-made or knitted, and they're all designed to keep your little one toastie - and adorable!

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.