Hi all

New thread time

Previous thread

Regards

Ali

#2 *Katey*

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:56 AM

Gold? biggrin.gif

Edited by *Katey*, 05 December 2012 - 10:56 AM.

#3 Alxeen

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:15 AM

Hehe silver!

#4 BBV

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:37 AM

Bronze!!

#5 *Katey*

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:59 AM

Things are moving along nicely for us at the moment. I don't really have much to report original.gif

The nursery is ever so slowly getting done. Still a lot to do, but a lot is already done. We've painted the walls, the new curtains and blinds are up, the cot and change table are put together and in place. I've made the quilt which I'll be throwing over the nursing chair. The baby mobile and wall decor that I'm making is all almost done. The cupboard sliding doors have been painted with chalkboard paint. Now we're just waiting on my chest of drawers (which is being custom made so won't be here until Feb), and my nursing chair (those who follow my posts on FB will know I'm having dramas with Pram Warehouse at the moment) and I'm waiting until we have enough spare $ to get a nice big rug to pop in the middle of the room. Then, it's all done original.gif

Bub has been behaving very well for DH the last 2 nights and when we've been lying in bed DH has been able to feel some really big kicks, which has been nice. I'm 23 weeks now and have been feeling kicks since 16 weeks, but DH is lucky if he's felt them 3 times. But the last 2 nights have been great! DH has also been able to SEE my belly jump up and down. It's been really nice original.gif

Our monthly OB appointment is on Monday, so I guess we'll get a wuick scan like usual, and I think I get my forms and such for my gestational diabetes test. Still a few weeks away before I can have that done though.

So things are going great here original.gif

#6 adl

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

Boori off ebay is fantastic we got a chest of drawers for $250 and sold it $200 two years later,  really good condition and RRP is about $900....

I highly recommend it,  i think its so silly paying full price as the ones I checked out were in such good condition...and the babies arent in it very long...I did get so much from friends eager to hand off stuff,  a friend of my sisters, met me for 30mins gave me a bath on a stand,  she was so keen to get rid of it as 4th child was already out of it...I will pass mine on to friends if I can as well...

I am off to see Blondie tomorrow,  with DH and my brother,  a lovely dinner and night out but just realised she isnt on stage till 10pm,  good golly, how on earth am I to stay up that late  biggrin.gif maybe I shall have to have coca cola and ice again .....

Our kids room is completed,  builts, paint and carpet done,  will wash and organise clothes and bay things in Feb as all ready .... boss' wife just gave me a bag of girls 1-2 including a pink sleeping grobag  winter weight which is fantastic as our house is cold and we use them in winter.... and I am going to Melbourne in Jan to do a boy/girl swap with my GF so I think clothes etc are totally sorted...

better go and see how dinner is going....Christmas lights happened last night so next is to get spare cupboard picked up so we can do Christmas tree....

#7 redmum77

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:31 PM

Hi! It's been too hot to think much here lately, so not posting a lot. Not complaining, we have a pool and an aircon that I turned on for the first time yesterday for a couple of hours. It's ok if I don't have to do anything original.gif

Adl, have a great time tomorrow night! I really should get out more.. Lol

I've been getting the summer comments too, but not interested, just stoked to be pregnant at all original.gif I'm not swelling yet/odema so it's not a problem.

My SIL just gave me a baby bjorn carrier, woohoo! I had one with the other two but my sister ruined it, and they are so expensive to buy. I'm not a sling person, too uncoordinated to get them in and out... But she gave me my sling back too, lol, so I can change my mind! She's saved me with so much stuff, so lucky!

I'd look for a cot that's quiet above all else. Loud catches on the rails waking your sleeping baby? Not good!

I think bub did a huge move yesterday, now feels different, hope s/he was just going head down, not the other way! But I look bigger I think - yes to who said it feels like we grow so much every day!

I'll have to dash, DH has cooked dinner original.gif

#8 WhimsicalDragonfly

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:32 PM

Just a quick post to say hi. I've been reading and keeping up with everyone but no time to post. We're in the middle of home renos and juggling full time work and long commutes.
Suzanne - hope your son is getting better.
Will post again sometime soon!

#9 SarahVandooo

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:13 PM

QUOTE (WhimsicalDragonfly @ 05/12/2012, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just a quick post to say hi. I've been reading and keeping up with everyone but no time to post. We're in the middle of home renos and juggling full time work and long commutes.
Suzanne - hope your son is getting better.
Will post again sometime soon!

Yeh I feel like bubs has moved aswell, she feels alot lower down now, and her kicks are being felt lower down my abdomen now aswell

#10 Minxybug

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:27 AM

My pram was delivered today ddance.gif so very happy. Got it all unpacked and took DS2 for a ride. I just love it alot. Now to get used to putting the carseat on and off.

#11 lozoodle

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:02 AM

Morning everyone! waves.gif

Katey - im looking forward to seeing nursery pics! You sound pretty organised.

Adl - have fun at blondie! Sounds like you have a fun night planned.

Boori does seem to have good resale! I bought a boori basinette on sale for $169 a few weeks ago and my friend has already put dibs on buying it when im finished. I havent even taken it out of the box yet and she is keen LOL

Summer comments - they are just silly. I am no more uncomfortable than i would be normally in summer. And maternity dressing is a lot easier, just chuck on a maximdress and you are good to go.

Redmum - yay for the baby bjorn, what a nice SIL you have original.gif

Whimsical - feeling your pain re renos, our main bathroom is being replaced as i type!

Minxy - yay for pram! What did you end up getting?

Afm - 28 weeks today, omg trimester 3! Sitting here waiting for my bloods now after having my glucose drink. Making a start on baby room this weekend, some wall repair, replacing door frame and some skirting and getting resdy for paint.malso need to do some touch up paint on the cot and change table where they have a few dings from the last 4 years of use. Nothing major, but i just want it all nice for new baby. I feel like because its my third i dont need to do much so i want tomdo something!

#12 Minxybug

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:10 AM

I got a britax b smart 4 with a shr 2 car capsule (think they are called something different back home though)

will have to take a photo and upload later

I have the layering to do here instead, as it is going in to winter. My car was covered in ice this morning took a while to defrost it before I could drive.

Snow up on the mountain peaks as well.

Everything going well from the midwife appointment got to hear baby's heartbeat too wub.gif

#13 redmum77

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:49 AM

Awww minxy! I love winter in the uk, my bf just posted a pic of snow in stevenage as the kids walked to school. They were wishing they were here while my kids wish they had snow, hahaha.

Am I really behind? I haven't don't anything for the nursery at all. It's still a room piled high with bits and pieces, an ironing board... We aren't painting or anything, so I guess that makes a difference. Once it's done I think I'll get really impatient too, lol! I feel like I'm still a bit in denial that this belly will turn into a baby.

Terrible nights sleep again, all the smoke here is waking me up, plus DH wants the door open :/ I'm so tired and sore when I wake up! And a wee bit cranky, obviously....

Off to help on the Christmas stall at school today though, yay!

#14 BBV

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:45 AM

Has anyone else noticed their gums are sore? I don't know if mine is tooth or gum related. I had my teeth checked a few months ago but every now and then I get some tenderness near where my wisdoms were removed on one side. Really hoping to avoid the dentist.

Ordered cot and change table yesterday (boori classic in white) should come in January. Decided to go with a smaller retailer. I got some crappy service from a lady at baby bunting on the phone and great service from the people we went with. Still waiting on pram to come in from baby bunting...hoping it will be here soon.

Just realised my ticker is on double digits, woo hoo!

Happy Thursday everyone, who else is counting the days until holidays?!

Loz: yay for third trimester, where did u get ur boori bassinet from? Awesome price!

Edited by BBV, 06 December 2012 - 08:46 AM.

#15 robot sm

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:26 AM

Counting down until holidays?  Definitely!! Actually I've noted the weeks left at work on my calendar next to my desk at work - when we come back from Christmas break I will only have 7 weeks left, which makes everything seem a lot closer.

BBV - I have had sore gums around some teeth that I've had work on, but not constantly.  Maybe if it gets to the point you need panadol then check with the dentist?  I've heard that your gums get more sensitive during pregnancy so hopefully it will settle down afterwards.

redmum - I feel a bit behind reading all the nursery posts too original.gif  I finally got around to writing a checklist of everything we need (as far as we can figure out), and last night checked through the baby clothes to see what we have in each size.  But all the baby furniture/pram is in boxes, everything else in the wardrobe in the spare room.  We can't set up until mid January anyway, as we have guests staying with us over the break, but I do feel like I should be doing more to prepare!

lozoodle - I just booked in for my test, they booked me in for the 2 hour fasting one by mistake, lucky I called back to double check because it didn't sound like much fun :/ I'm having it done next week on the morning of my work christmas lunch, so hopefully I'm not feeling too light headed from so many blood tests.

afm - Midwife visit tomorrow, then the optometrist (I figure it's better to go now, rather than when the baby is little), and that's about it.  DH gets to share baby kicks but like others, I think the bub has moved a bit as I feel the movements in different places now, and sometimes they are harder to see/feel from the outside.  Last night a car beeped its horn while I was waiting to cross the road, and the baby did a big kick!!

It's a little strange to think that the bumps and kicks inside me are actually from a tiny little person, who is developing a brain and personality and who will one day be talking to me.  I find myself worrying about the silliest things, like if I'm making him stand on his head if I lay on my side.  Speaking of which, DH is worried that he will come out with an oddly shaped head and has told me to try not to squish him on the way out!!! I'm sure he was joking.  Mostly.... original.gif

#16 Cloria

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:34 AM

Glad to hear everyone seems like they are in good spirits!

My "nursery" is just a room at the moment with stuff in it. I have at least moved the non baby stuff out (except for what's in the top of the wardrobe...). I bought our cot and change table ages ago second hand, but I got them repainted and am still waiting to get them back sad.gif I did say to the friend no rush, but I do want to get them before Christmas so I can properly scope out the size of the room. I had a lot of fun wasting time online looking at nurseries for inspiration. A lot of the online photos look like people have nurseries the size of my loungeroom!!

I have felt like my bub is head down for awhile now (since I stopped receiving kicks to my bladder lol) and at my last midwife appt she confirmed that was the case. Sometimes it already feels like her head is down in my pelvis so I can't imagine what it's going to feel like when its properly engaged. Mum says "yes it feels like a football inbetween your legs!!"

I'm also struggling a bit with comprehending we will get a baby out of this. All a bit surreal. Last night I was reading a book that had lifesize illustrations on a progression timeline of babies. When I got to the images for 24 and 28wks I was really in awe wub.gif I mean I've read the descriptions before of current length etc but it's really different to see a baby image at the size it is INSIDE YOU. I hope that doesn't sound silly and you understand what I mean.
I also noted the tiny looking cervix hahaha

#17 *Katey*

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:53 AM

QUOTE (redmum77 @ 06/12/2012, 07:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Am I really behind? I haven't don't anything for the nursery at all. It's still a room piled high with bits and pieces, an ironing board...

I don't think so original.gif

The only reason we're pretty organised with the nursery, is because we start planning the nursery and furniture back when we fell pregnant in October last year. So it feels like we started planning well over a year ago!

QUOTE (BBV @ 06/12/2012, 08:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Has anyone else noticed their gums are sore?

Mine aren't sore, but just like all the books told me, they're bleeding a lot more easily! Especially when I brush.

Baby Position - At my last scan, he was head down and kind of leaning to the side a bit, and I don't think he's moved all that much since then. I get 2 kinds of movements:

-Headbutts... which are low and I can feel them towards the back (he headbutts my bowel alot).
-Leg kicks... they are much higher (sometimes now above my belly button) and towards the front (I can see and feel these with my hand).

Edited by *Katey*, 06 December 2012 - 10:57 AM.

#18 Studybug

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:37 AM

HI ladies

There is anice little buzz going on in here atm biggrin.gif .  Been trying to read, but I have been super busy as I'm sure is the same for most of us at this time of year.

Cloria - lol re tiny lil cervix!  Time to start those visualisation techniques re the cervix opening (and effortlessly pls!) wink.gif .  

Nursery/organisation - yup the baby's room is an unmade cot still set up from DS filled with piles of nappies and baby clothes; change table that we still occasionally use for DS (really should get onto TTing re #2s I guess...) and the cupboard is full of DS' craft and painting paraphernalia and random bits and pieces.  On the wknd, we finally got around to buying some little drawers to go in DS' bedroom cupboards and moved all his clothes in there.  At least the bub clothes in the cot are washed, folded and piled in size order.  

baby position/movements - getting some real belly rippling movements from this little one.  I can definitely feel on those days when she's down low - ouch.  Feels like my vagina is going to drop right on out onto the floor, and I sometimes just wish it would so the ache would go away!  Sort of relieved to be feeling so much movement tho - she was very quiet there for a few weeks.

Can't remember what else we were talking about!

AFM - been dealing with silly LLs for the past few weeks.  We signed our lease, they changed their minds and details of the lease a couple of times, we were looking for a new place, they changed their minds again so now we're staying and the RE agent (bless her) is helping us argue for an update that needs to be done but LLs don't want to do.  We're waiting on a call back from RE to find out if we're back on the 12mth general lease.  Urghh!  Really disappointed with all the crap, but it appears we're stable for the next 12mths (fingers crossed).
Start aqua physio classes tonight.  Looking forward to getting in the pool.  I've been so very lazy.  SPD has been quite painful at times; my left hip has started to seize up which feels like nerves pinching and then I'm unable to move until it stops.  Haven't been able to balance on one leg for about a month which makes putting pants on precarious. Thank god for tubigrip really, as it makes the pain so manageable.  
Got two deferred exams to do next week so been studying for them this week.  Can't wait until they're done cos then DH is on holidays.  Soo looking forward to it!
I seem to have gotten some energy back finally! Hope it lasts for awhile as it's been nice actually getting things done.
And that's it for my monologue tongue.gif .

So, has the what's everyone doing for Xmas convo happened yet?

chat soon,
Txo

#19 Alxeen

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:05 PM

I love thinking about where my babies are in my tummy. I also find it important because it's good for me to know what kick/punch is coming from what twin, so that if one is slackening off on movement I can monitor it. My doula sent me a link to a website called spinningbabies.com and it explains what they call belly mapping, which is a bit detailed for me at this stage, but the basic principle is that you track what kind of movements are coming from what area of your belly and that way you can work out where the baby is sitting and what position it's in. I get headbutts in the bowel and bellybutton kicks from twin 1, and I get huge belly shaking kicks right at the top from twin 2 and the occasional punch to the right of my bellybutton. I can also see/feel a pretty obvious head of twin 2 to the right of my bellybutton!

#20 naturalgoodness

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:34 PM

Nursery - I think we are lagging the most behind as we have nothing except 1 swaddle wrap blanket  ohmy.gif
My DS2 and DD2 have their birthdays next week (we had 1 party last weekend and another this weekend) so I really wanted to get through birthdays and xmas and then focus on getting baby stuff sorted out! January is also the first time that I will be able to get my DH home on a weekend and the other kids taken care of so that we can do some serious large item shopping together.

Movement - I feel a fair bit. The smaller kids have both been able to kicks so always have their heads or hands pressed up against me to try and get more  biggrin.gif

Xmas - we go to my parents on Xmas Eve for an early dinner then come home and watch Carols whilst peeling vegetables and cooking turkey. Xmas lunch we do here at home so that the kids don't have to leave their new stuff  biggrin.gif  and I get the exact things I want in the quantity I want when I make it myself! We have pretty much always been this way, even when we had DS2 by emergency c/s on 19th Dec one year - still got home, shopped and cooked in time to have lunch at my house  wink.gif  We also have remaining family/people over on Boxing Day for left overs.

Gums - I had all my wisdom teeth out earlier in the year and can feel in one area that the gums seem more inflammed than before. Other than that no real change

Position - I would have no idea, and really don't give it too much thought until around 36 weeks when we start to talk about options  original.gif

AFM - I am finding that work and getting the kids around and appointments is tiring me out. I was hoping to stay at work until mid March but am starting to think that might be a bit ambitious. Will see how things are after 2 weeks off over Xmas and see if it improves with school holidays and less kid commitments  rolleyes.gif  I am back to the hospital for the consultant appointment tomorrow to see if I can freak them out a bit more with my lung condition..... tongue.gif

I hope everyone else is travelling well  waves.gif

#21 5ratbags

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:29 AM

Hi everyone,

We are back home again got back Wednesday afternoon. I am emotionally and physically exhausted  sad.gif

I had to pack up all the gear and carry it along with walking ds out of the hospital by myself  and get a train back to home as there was no transport to home care according to the hospital yet warragul hospital had informed dh there was! I walked out of there crying and a couple that have their child in there bumped into me at the lift gave me a hand to get a taxi to the train station. Thank goodness one taxi driver driver was willing to do a short trip. Unfortunately we missed the train and had to wait an hour in the cold for another one. Because dh had not brought back up any clothes for ds he was in shorts and a tshirt and I had to give him my jacket to try keep him warm, honestly it was a complete disaster, it seems if you are from the countryside you are on your own if you get transferred to a city hospital!!!!

Now I have picked something else up while at hospital and feel like crap it's headed onto my chest which is making things tough and there aren't any doc appointments this side of Christmas. When I got back I had to do shopping as dh really had no clue and I went out yesterday trying to organise some last bits and pieces for Christmas and had to give up, I just couldn't function. I did manage to get the chocolates for the teachers presents and have bought the christmas turkey, but if I don't find the strength in the next few days I am going to be in big trouble with stocking fillers. Thank goodness for flybuy points because Due to dh having time off and me having to pay for accomodation and food while at the hospital, we are having to do some serious juggling to pay the bills and cover basic costs! Our holiday is now in jepordy,time to get on eBay and sell what we have sitting in the garage hopefully somebody wants stuff this side of christmas unsure.gif

The buying of baby gear has really taken a back seat, I was so sure I was going to be winding down now instead of running around trying to finish off stuff, heck I still have to cook the Christmas pudding and bake the Christmas cookies not to mention organise the rest of dd#2s outfit for graduation, then there is seeing Santa the kids have changed their minds dozens of times on their Santa present and I really need to get them locked in and committed to something that's not too expensive  wacko.gif
Plus parent teacher interviews forms thrown at me when I walked through the door and dd#1 has multiple excursions next week for final week of school that I didn't know about and more money to find that we just don't have . One of the excursions has been a flat out no and the other one I am going to ask my mum if she can give her a little money as they are going to a major shopping centre to do their own Christmas shopping, which means I have to swallow my pride and ask!

Sorry for the complaining, we have been in worse situations before, I just need to find some inner strength and press on, I just wish I didn't feel so damn sick so I could think more straight and try put the Christmas cheer into the house, the tree isn't even finished  cry1.gif

So it looks like I will be doing a mad dash in the new year to get ready for this baby, I really have been neglecting her these last few weeks it's just not bloody fair  cry1.gif

Oh crap I need to go eat I forgot morning tea ddoh.gif
Take care
Suzanne

#22 Alxeen

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:00 AM

Suzanne that sounds absolutely AWFUL sad.gif you poor thing. Some situations just seems to never really right themselves. It sounds like there is such a huge load on you at the moment and one woman can only do so much!! Outsource what you can - can someone else make the Christmas pudding, get DD2 organised for graduation and get a couple of stocking fillers? Christmas does bring out a bit of generosity in people. Also sounds like a good sleep and a bit of recovery would help enormously.

Hope things start looking up in your world, thinking of you  bbighug.gif

#23 redmum77

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:08 PM

Suzanne - huge hugs honey, what a terrible time you have been through! You made it home, what a lot of strength that took too. Ditto on the rest and some sleep if you can, there's a bit of time left till Christmas. The kids will cope if it's a bit thin this year, they will remember being together more. I say this from experience original.gif I come from a big family and we not got much compared to what some do, but I loved every minute and we never felt hard done by. As teenagers we did a $5 limit Christmas, and my brother got us all water super soakers, it was the best ever. My mum gives us a quizz often, questions on cards that we take turns in asking, with a sweet for prizes. I know none of that probably helps. Lean on someone to get through, whoever you can, I'm sure your mum won't mind. The school can also sometimes help or defer payments, but I know it's hard to ask. Just trying to think of ideas. Wish I could just give you a hug though original.gif

#24 naturalgoodness

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:34 PM

Suzanne - I am sorry to hear that you have had such a terrible time. I hope that you get some obviously much needed help and remember to look after yourself too.

#25 SarahVandooo

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:25 PM

Sorry to hear about all that Suzanne! Hopefully it all settles down for now and you can enjoy the remainder of your pregnancy!

Was putting on some fake tan today looking in the mirror and I was like OMG!! Has anyone else's veins just appeared out of no wear!? Big blue ones on my boobies and all on my tummy!! Aaaa!!! Not so sure about braving the beach anymore!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

WIN an exclusive performance from Sam Moran!

To celebrate the release of children?s musical series Play Along with Sam, out now on DVD, we?re giving one lucky parent the chance to have Sam perform at their child?s pre-school or day care!

Toddler freed after getting trapped in escalator

A shopping centre escalator needed to be pulled apart to free a toddler's trapped hand.

Why I'm kind of excited about my daughter's nits

Is it weird to say that I am secretly thrilled to find that my daughter Edie has nits?

Baby born at 10:11 on 12-13-14

Well, it's actually 13-12-14 to us over here. But still, Clare Elizabeth Keane's consecutive numerical birth time is pretty special.

On holding tightly and loving fiercely

We can't live in fear. This post is about Christmas and how at this time we should be celebrating life and grateful for what we have: our loved ones who we cherish fiercely.

Babies, relatives and coping with Christmas day

Everyone will love your baby but your baby may not be so happy to be passed around a lot of new people - nor may you want to feed with an audience.

Why I won't be posting pictures of my baby on Facebook

There are pros and cons to this policy.

The myths and truths of gender swaying

Here are a few popular methods hopeful parents-to-be use to try to get a baby of their preferred gender – and what an expert says about whether they really work.

10 easy DIY Christmas decoration ideas

It's officially time to get into the Christmas spirit. Why not branch out when you put up your tree this year and add a personal touch with a few DIY decorations? We've found the perfect easy-to-make ways to put more festive fever into your home.

The dangerous new trend of glucose challenge test refusal

A dangerous trend is seeing more mothers-to-be declining a relatively simple and painless test to check for gestational diabetes.

Office of Fair Trading reveals naughty toys ahead of Christmas

The Office of Fair Trading has pulled seven toys from shelves ahead of Christmas after they fail safety tests.

Video: Baby boy's trouble with twins

These twin girls will no doubt have fun fooling people in years to come, but nobody will be as confused as baby Landon.

Long-term reversible male contraceptive on its way

Men could soon have access to an injectable long-term contraceptive which works in a similar way to a vasectomy but promises to be easily reversed.

'I tried to kill my baby': one mum's story

After bathing and dressing her three-month-old son, Amanda had a rare moment alone with her baby.

Attack of the 'mummy brain'

I feel that almost every day, someone in my life - be they a friend, family member or complete stranger - feels the need to excuse my behaviour as I have other things on my mind.

Mum of baby who fell ill after drinking raw milk speaks out

A Melbourne mother has described how her son turned grey when he became seriously ill after drinking raw milk.

Australian divorce rate lowest since 1976

Modern newlyweds are now well into their 30s and marriage still offers something powerful a new book argues.

The aftermath of a traumatic birth experience

In Australia, 30 per cent of women find their birth experience traumatic, with 6 per cent going on to develop post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).

Young mum burns 'from inside-out'

A young mum is in intensive care after she took a friend's antibiotic and wound up with an ailment that is burning her body 'from the inside-out'.

The disagreement that can break a relationship

If he doesn't change his mind, all I can hope is that I will. It would be a waste to spend the rest of my marriage mourning a baby that never was.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Co-sleeping or no-sleeping? Mum videos worst nap ever

One mother's futile attempt to sleep in caught on camera in a hilarious - and very cute - video.

Why children misbehave during the festive season

While we all like to imagine the holiday season as being a fun, loving and bonding experience; often our reality is quiet different.

I was fat-shamed by my doctor

The fear of being weighed is the most significant factor in women cancelling medical appointments - and now weight-shaming has happened to me.

End of an era: no more childcare

As we reach the end of 2014, we're closing the book on many things for another year, most notably childcare. Our last child has attended childcare for the very last time.

WIN an exclusive performance from Sam Moran!

To celebrate the release of children?s musical series Play Along with Sam, out now on DVD, we?re giving one lucky parent the chance to have Sam perform at their child?s pre-school or day care!

The 7-year itch is more like the 10-year itch: study

Contrary to popular belief, making it past the seven-year mark doesn't mean your marriage will be smooth sailing from there on.

Should children be forced to sit on Santa's lap?

We teach kids it’s okay to say no if they don’t feel safe, so why do some parents force their children to climb in to Santa's lap?

Stop telling us that parenting gets harder

I’m sure that parenting will get harder. But life isn’t exactly smooth sailing for many of us right now, either.

Baby born weighing almost 14 pounds

Yes, the bouncing baby girl was born by caesarean section. And mum says no more kids.

The dummy debate

I'm the first to admit that when I used to see tiny babies with dummies in their mouths, I thought "Hmm, lazy parenting." And now I apologise.

'I thought I was an only child'

Imagine meeting your double at a school sports event, or regularly being mistaken for someone you haven't met. Separated twins Margaret and Joy tell their story.

Carers admit to force-feeding children

As Sydney grieves the loss of Sydney siege victims Katrina Dawson and Tori Johnson, reports have suggested that both died as heroes.

How many weeks til Christmas?

On your To-Do list

Get the "Santa" shopping done without the kids in tow.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.