Hi all

New thread time

Previous thread

Regards

Ali

#2 LO123

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:37 AM

GOLD....

Living Bravely, love the idea of Big Sister shirt. I was thinking of doing something similar. Can I ask where you got it from. I too don't really feel pregnant. I booked in with my Dr just before Christmas, hoping she might let me get a scan or atleast take bloods again to check levels are rising.

Starposs, so sorry to hear your throwing up. Poor thing.

Steff, good to hear from you and hoping next week brings good news.

jopha, I had bleeding in my first pregnancy. I think it was around week 6. I got a scan done and everything was prefectly fine. Can understand you freaking out, I remember I did. You will feel better after you see your dr. Hoping all is OK for you.

Congrats to the new ladies and hi to everyone. Hope everyone is doing well.

#3 ~*bumblebee*~

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:49 AM

How is everyone feeling?? Many symptoms yet??

I'm getting super agro especially at hubby he is coping it poor thing. I just have a really short fuse and feel like he has gotten stupid overnight.

I get the odd wave of nausea especially when hungry, cramps have eased, peeing heaps and just super tired. So because the nausea has all but gone I'm doing the Arg something is wrong thinking. But if it all keeps up like this ill be a happy camper.

#4 LO123

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:00 AM

QUOTE (~*bumblebee*~ @ 05/12/2012, 11:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How is everyone feeling?? Many symptoms yet??

I'm getting super agro especially at hubby he is coping it poor thing. I just have a really short fuse and feel like he has gotten stupid overnight.

I get the odd wave of nausea especially when hungry, cramps have eased, peeing heaps and just super tired. So because the nausea has all but gone I'm doing the Arg something is wrong thinking. But if it all keeps up like this ill be a happy camper.

I too have been in a bad mood, but more at people at work as I am trying to cut down on coffee and it is not going too well...

#5 Mumma2furrykids

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:06 PM

Bumblebee - I'm the same!!! I've had nausea for the past week and today is the first day I've had nothing. I had period like cramps last night but they eventually went away. I really wanted to use a hot water bottle for the cramps but my mum stayed over last night and I haven't told her the news yet.

Starposs - that's a lot of vomiting!! You poor thing. I hope you don't end up in hospital like our Royal Kate!

Steff - hoping next week brings you fabulous news.

CleeB - if you're reading this, I'm still thinking about you. Take care hun.

LO123 - How many cups of coffee do you consume a day? I'm down to one a day now.

AFM, I'm still lingering around ..... my levels have more than tripled (now up to 1500 from 469) which is a good sign. I'm booked in for another scan on Friday. I'm praying they find SOMETHING so I can get out of this limboland crap.
I have my office Christmas Party on Friday night so I'm trying to think of good excuses for not drinking. Any ideas?

#6 julies1980

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:17 PM

hi  ddance.gif

just a quick drop past....

will we have told dp's parents, didnt go as bad as either of us thought which is good. they want to tell their side of the family at xmas which i not i want them to find out just yet.

feeling a bit  sick.gif in the past few days. trying to find food that doesn't make me feel sick either from the taste of smell (which is going mad at the moment)

#7 miss-petal

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:32 PM

Wow these chat threads move pretty quickly don't they! It's so nice to be able to talk pg stuff with someone other than my dp. We have decided not to tell anyone else until after our 6 week scan on the 21st, so christmas day we'll tell our immediate families. We'll wait to tell everyone else at 13 weeks.

Not being able to tell anyone is KILLING me! Well, that and the nausea  sick.gif  I've been vomiting every 2 hours like clockwork. Doesn't matter if I've eaten or not, if it's during the day or in the middle of the night. It's awful, but I can put up with it as I know it's for a good cause  wub.gif

I had my first blood test yesterday and am impatiently waiting for my results. I also have a referral for another blood test next week to make sure everything is increasing nicely.

Arrgghhh I have a feeling these next few weeks are going to be the longest of my life!!

#8 fforster01

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:33 PM

Hi Ladies,

Just dropping in to say hello and that I have been reading along but still keeping a low profile  ph34r.gif  at the moment.

I haven't had many symptoms, a little cramping for the last week but it has eased up in the last few days. I'm starting to get really tired in the evenings earlier than usual but that is about it.

I have booked my Dr's appointment for Friday(haven't had bloods yet) and booked a scan for 21st Dec. We would like to tell family at Xmas time but I want to make sure that I see a HB on the scan before we do that.

Hoping that the MS passes for those suffering and that the blood works and scan go well for everyone else.

I've trying to keep a low profile here as a few people I work with and friends are on EB so don't want anyone finding out yet.... but got caught on here(at work) a few minutes ago so will be keeping an even lower profile than I have been.

#9 Vkelly73

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

Hi there, stalking Brookstar to see how you are going with those levels, glad they have tripled for you. What did I tell you, sleepyhead on board!  Hope they see something at scan for you, I had a scan yesterday at 6 wks, I told them it was too early and I wanted to delay it a week but they didn't listen, all they could see was a yolk sac in the right spot and what she "thinks" is the h/b at 150 bpm but was too small to get accurate reading. Derr!! So now I have to go back next Tuesday... At their expense too. Not paying for it twice.

Will check up on you again soon, take care!

#10 living_bravely

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:56 PM

I'll make it pretty again soon!  And then I will copy and paste the editing in to a word doc so I NEVER lose it again! LOL!

"Due In" August 2013

31ST JULY

Julies1984
baby #2 (1st for DP)
DD 4yrs
Finding out? No

AUGUST 1ST

Bubbalove121
baby #2
DS 10 months
finding out? Yes

Steffijade81
Baby #2
DD 2.3yrs
Finding out?

Superduperexcited
Baby #1
Finding out? Yes

Graciebaby
Baby #1
Finding out? yes

Threelittlebirds
Baby #1
Finding out? Yes

2ND AUGUST

3RD AUGUST

Jopha
Baby #: 2
DD 2 years
Finding out? No

Alana Banana
Baby #1
Finding out? Undecided

4TH AUGUST

~Bliss~
Baby #3 (#1 for DF)
DD 9, DD 6
Finding out? yes

fforster1
Baby #2
DS 2yrs

LO123
Baby #2
DS 3yrs
Finding out? No

princess_Meli
Baby #1
Finding out? Yes

Fabienne
Baby #1
Finding out? not sure

5TH AUGUST

Alliepantz
Baby #1?

Bumblebee
Baby #2
DD 6yrs

Speshelle
Baby #2
DD 19 months
Finding out? Yes

6TH AUGUST

Mrs_Mumma_84
Baby #2
DD/DS 5yrs
finding out? Yes

Babe4me
Baby #2
DS 4yrs
Finding out? Yes

Shacols
Baby #4
DD 9, DS 7, DS 5
Finding out? not sure

7TH AUGUST

leebec
Baby #1
finding out?: Yes

Mindi81
Baby #4
DS1 6yrs, DS2 5yrs, DD1 2yrs
Finding out? Not sure

HeartMyBoys
Baby #3
DS1 4.5yrs, DS2 3yrs
Finding out: Yes

Ellejays
Baby #1
Finding out? Not sure

8TH AUGUST

Living_bravely
Baby #2
DD 19 months old
finding out?: yes

Littlepip
Baby #1
Finding Out? not sure

Chloesmum2008
Baby #2
DD 4yrs
Finding out? yes

9TH AUGUST

Satiress
Baby #4
DD 5yrs, DD 3yrs, DS 16m, DSS 12yrs
Finding out? Yes

Minime!
Baby #2
DD 16 months
Finding out? No

10TH AUGUST

ChickyMumma
Baby #3 and #4! IDENTICAL TWINS!
DS1 2.5yrs, DS2 1.5yrs
Finding out? Yes

Charlotte31
Baby #1
Finding out? Yes

11TH AUGUST

Jenooo
Baby #2
DS 13 months
Finding out? Yes

Cassie92
Baby #1
Finding out? yes

12TH AUGUST

Rose_Butterfly
Baby #3
DD 7, DD in heavan 11/5/07- 3/11/07
Finding out? No

13TH AUGUST

Kerri76
Baby #2
DD 3yrs
Finding out? Yes

14TH AUGUST

Smileyhappy
Baby #2
DS 2.5yrs
Finding out? not sure

Dreams25
Baby #1
Finding Out? Not sure

ChittyChat
Baby #1
Finding out? Tempted

15TH AUGUST

miss-petal
Baby #1
Finding out: Yes

Kelbelle
Baby #1
Finding out? No

Briandrea
Baby #3
DD 4, DS 2
Finding out? not sure

16TH AUGUST

Starposs
Baby #2
DS 23months
Finding out? Yes
Emelsy
Baby #2
DS 2

Sandibear
Baby #2
DS 1
Finding out? No

Shelly8888
Baby #2
DS 16 months
Finding out? Yes

Romy_syd
Baby #1
Finding out? Yes

17TH AUGUST

Knottygirl
Baby #3
DS 3.5, DS 23 months
Finding out? Yes

18TH AUGUST

Izzibeach
Baby #1
Finding out? Yes

Lilac06
Baby #1
Finding out? Yes

19TH AUGUST

Babieluv
Baby #1
Finding out? Yes

20TH AUGUST

21ST AUGUST

22ND AUGUST

23RD AUGUST

24TH AUGUST

Jens1607
Baby #2
DD 9 months
Finding out? No

25TH AUGUST

Abbieblue
Baby #1
Foster children DD 4, DD 2, DD 2
Finding out? not sure

Tea-Snob
EDD: ? August 2013
Baby #

Dessy123
Baby #3
DS 9, DS 5
Finding out? Maybe

bbighug.gif Gone But never forgotten~ CleeB, Brookstar, Tamilee bbighug.gif

Edited by living_bravely, 15 December 2012 - 07:32 PM.

#11 living_bravely

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:28 PM

Save for list-  Oh God!  i just went in to try and copy and paste the list and it won't let me in to the "edit" section to copy and paste the code.  I could burst in to tears!  it took me sooooooo long and I'm going to have to do it all over again!   cry1.gif

Mrs_mumma_84-  sorry but do you have a DD or DS?  I'm sure you've mentioned it but my brain is hurting and I don't want to go back through all the threads again.

LO123-  I got out big sister shirt from Cafe Express online.  It was delivered super quick as well!  Sorry about the bad moods!  Oh and the coffee withdrawal is terrible!  I gave up caffeine last month and I had the worst headaches and I only had one cup a day!

Brookstar- That is such wonderful news!  Sounds like everything is tracking along well!  Hope they see a little something in there on Friday to put your mind at ease.

Julies1980-  Glad it went well with the in laws. Bugger on the food front!  Hope you are feeling better soon.

miss-petal- Wow!  That is so early to have morning sickness already!  You poor thing!  I hope getting it early means that it goes away quickly for you.

Bliss, Bumblebee, fforster01 and anyone else I've missed  waves.gif

Wow it seems like there is a bunch of us going for scans on the 21st!  biggrin.gif   Looking forward to some great news that day!  It's a special date on the Mayan calendar apparently my body talk lady was saying so hoping it brings us all healthy, happy heartbeats!  I got my results back from the doc today and everything was perfect.  HCG was 180 at 14DPO which he said was great, I'm not going to get any follow up bloods because it just stresses me out.  So waiting it out until the 21st when we get our scan.

I don't have to many symptoms yet, just sneezing, some nausea at night but nothing bad at all.  Not off food yet, but have been craving Coke!  Which I never ever drink!  i don't even drink softdrink.  I remember I had the same thing with DD, could have drank coke with breakfast.  I do get a little stressed when I don't have symptoms but I have to remember I'm only 5 weeks. LOL!  I don't think I got any real symptoms with DD until about 7 weeks and they were gone by about 10 weeks.  Hopefully I'm equally blessed with a smooth first tri this time as well.  Now to go off to find a corner to cry in before I start the list all over again!    cry1.gif

Edited by living_bravely, 05 December 2012 - 08:36 PM.

#12 Red Mollie

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:55 PM

Can you pls add me to 10 Aug thanks

Can you pls add me to 10 Aug thanks

#13 LO123

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:58 PM

Hi Ladies, thanks Living Bravely for doing the list, it must be a lot of work. Great I will have a look on Cafe Express.

Brookstar, so good your levels are rising. I use to drink a couple cups of coffee a day and also some diet coke. Have given up the diet coke but really missing my coffee. Am down to one a day, so not too bad.

Sorry for short post, need to go to bed. Am feeling terrible tonight, since this morning I have developed a cold, plus sinus issues and a sore throat.

#14 living_bravely

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:48 PM

No problems at all LO123!

Charlotte31 I have added you to the list.  I've been working today so I didn't get to update it until tonight.  original.gif

#15 Red Mollie

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:48 PM

QUOTE (living_bravely @ 05/12/2012, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No problems at all LO123!

Charlotte31 I have added you to the list.  I've been working today so I didn't get to update it until tonight.  original.gif

Thanks!

#16 Red Mollie

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:53 PM

Anyone else scared its too good to be true? It's so early for us all I'm just worried it won't last - but so excited too!
Having my second blood test tmrw morning hoping for an increased hcg reading.
Good luck to everyone

#17 jopha

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:29 AM

QUOTE (Charlotte31 @ 05/12/2012, 08:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone else scared its too good to be true? It's so early for us all I'm just worried it won't last - but so excited too!
Good luck to everyone

Yes! I am completely worried this will end prematurely sad.gif But I have had some bleeding so that has put the worry into my mind. I went and saw my GP yesterday to discuss the bleed and get BT results... My hcg is 322 which she says is low sad.gif so I am getting repeat tests done next Monday to see if they are rising. God I am already emotional and now this... Much crying yesterday and a lot of Dr Google, which has actually helped put my mind at rest a little bit as there is a huge range in hcg and I now know I shouldn't worry.
How is everyone going? I have holidays starting end of next week. I really cannot wait for some time off!
Was anyone else exercising/dieting before falling pregnant? I had lost a heap of weight and now I am scared I will put it all back on! My GP says that I can continue exercise and healthy eating as long as I am comfortable. Last pregnancy I put on 20 kgs so this time I will be watching it for sure.
Brookstar, still stalking. Good to see your levels rising. I know you probably have no news at the moment but just know we are all thinking of you!
Welcome and congrats to the new ladies who have received BFPs! So exciting!
Take care xo

#18 miss-petal

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:57 AM

wow living bravely, you are certainly living up to you name! I wish that I could skip the second blod test but I am a bit of a nervous nellie. Every little twitch or cramp I am completely over analysing and praying that nothing bad happens.

Jopha and Charlotte, I am completely terrified as well. Last time I was pregnant I didn't find out till I was almost 11 weeks (long cycles, on the pill etc), then received the bad news less than a week later. It almost makes it worse knowing from the very start I think, so much time to make it through, it's difficult to not let your thoughts get away from you.

Along this line of conversation, I'm hoping someone can help me to put my mind at ease - possible TMI alert!. My DP and I were intimate last night for the first time since we found out. Everything was fine, but I went to the bathroom afterwards and there was a little bit of dark blood when I wiped. I know it wasn't from him and I've never had bleeding after BDing before. I'm terrified that it is the start of bad news. Has anyone had a similar experience, or spotting and had everything still be fine?

#19 Alana Banana

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:00 AM

Morning Ladies,

I would like to say a big hello to you all and share my shock of getting a BFP

My DH and I have been trying for #1 since August 2010  I was diagnosed last year with LOR my AMH was 2.1, just before starting IVF last year I had a natural pregnancy that I sadly miscarried at 7 weeks.

straight after that I went head first into IVF - 4 cycles all together and never had any embryos that survived to be transfered back into me. after my last cycle my FS sat down with DH and I and told us that he believes from what he has seen from treating me is that the most likely way for me to get pregnant was to use donor eggs or embryos.

well as soon as he told us that we walked straight out the door and met with a new FS that was going to change my IVF cycle to better suit my needs. I has due to start IVF again in Feb after a well deserved break.

You can imagine my shock when I POAS 2 weeks ago and got the darkest + result.

my first blood came back with an HCG level of 1080 then my second test came back at 16485 so everything is looking much better than my first pregnacny when my levels did not go over 600.

Someone had just turned on my MS switch in the last 2 days I cant even be around any food I am living off watermelon at the moment. as this is the only thing that doesnt make me throw up.

I look forward to sharing our pregnancy stories together and congratulate you all on your BFP's.

Going by my dates I am due on the 3rd August, 1 day before DH's 32nd Birthday.

AB original.gif

Edited by Alana Banana, 06 December 2012 - 01:44 PM.

#20 Alana Banana

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:03 AM

QUOTE (Charlotte31 @ 05/12/2012, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good luck to everyone

Charlotte,

I''m right there with you

I had to see a counsellor on tuesday as I was driving my self crazy with worry that I will misscarry again. I would higly recommend seeing one as she gave me some great advise on how to simply cope one day at a time.

Edited by Alana Banana, 06 December 2012 - 11:10 AM.

#21 living_bravely

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:43 PM

Hi everyone!

Charlotte31-  Yes I am petrified!  Although I try very hard to convince myself everything is fine! Hopefully if I tell myself enough I will start to believe it.

Miss-petal-  The reason I don't have second bloods is because I am AFRAID! haha!  Not brave at all!  It completely stresses me out waiting for the results and then when i finally get them, even if I'm told they are fine, I run to google and find a reason to convince myself otherwise.  eg- my HCG results were 180 at 14DPO and my doc told me that was good.  I have now convinced myself they are to low as all the other ladies in here seem to have much better numbers, despite everything on google telling me I'm in the normal range!  Around the BD spotting issue, I haven't experienced any spotting myself after BD but I'm quite sure that your cervix can be more sensitive and you can be more likely to get spotting after BD when pregnant.  I'm no doctor though, but that is what I've heard!

Alana Banana- welcome and congrats!  I lived on watermelon during my DD first tri. :-)  Your numbers look great!

AFM- nothing much going on except working and some random nausea.  I'm finding it harder and harder not to stress out.  I have my first scan in 2 weeks so I'm hoping that will put my mind at ease some what.  I then have an ob appointment only a week after that (she will do another scan then) so I get to see bub twice within a week or so.  If I get through that, I think I will be feeling much better. I've been tossing up whether to go back for more bloods, but I just don't think I can. In denial much? LOL!

Edited by living_bravely, 06 December 2012 - 01:44 PM.

#22 leebec

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:45 PM

AB - I am so so excited for you hon. Very excited we get to share this after the time we have had over the last 12 months!!!!

Hope everyone else is well. I'll do personals later I just got home from work, Xmas shopping at Miranda and drs to get my Ob referral for Monday. I work at flemington markets and I start at 4.30am. Mind you most days I finish at 10.30 but today has been a long day as my dad (who I work for) decided I had to go but mums present do fighting with Miranda was not fun!!!!

Charlotte - yes I'm petrified and keep checking I'm not bleeding every 10 mins.

My last pregnancy exactly 2 years ago was a natural on our first try and we saw heartbeat at 6 weeks and lost bub at 8w3d which was 3 days before Xmas so I'm freaked. This pregnancy was also 18 months of fertility treatment - 6 clomid and 7 IVF cycles do it doesn't seem real.

I ordered our Boori dresser for the nursery today. It's in white and it's the 4 draw dresser with a cupboard door as well. We already have the Boori sleigh cot & Boori Pioneer changer from last time. I got our local mothercare to price match another store so that was good. It's going to take about 8 weeks to come in so that's good

All we need now is the expedia book case from Ikea and our bugaboo chameleon or donkey depending on how many are in there but my parents are buying pram so that's no biggy.

#23 jopha

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:51 PM

Hi everyone!

Congrats Alana Banana! That is truly fantastic news. Wishing you an uneventful 8 months to come. We have the same due dates however I think mine will change as I think I ovulated later than first thought. Will you be finding out the sex of the baby?

Miss Petal, after my bleed I did a whole heap of googling and apparently bleeding after sex is completely normal and nothing to worry about. Maybe mention it to your GP just to ease your mind.

Well I POAS this morning just to compare to my first BFP and the line is extremely dark and came up immediately so I am hoping that is a good sign re my hcg levels. I am attending a wedding this weekend in Sydney and will have to avoid the alcohol very discretely!!

Hope you are all having a fab day original.gif

#24 jopha

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:57 PM

Hi leebec & living_bravely - we all posted at the same time!! LB thanks so much for doing the list original.gif

#25 Red Mollie

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:22 PM

Hi everyone
My levels have tripled so I'm pregnant! I guess I was before but feel more ok about saying it now. I have a scan in two weeks. Still in shock as we are doing IVF and fell naturally waiting to start another round.
Anyone got symptoms at this early stage? Desperate to feel some and wonder if I do if it'll be more mental than anything!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Life with anxiety

At times, I feel pretty worthless. In those moments, all I want to do is curl up into a ball and hide in the dark. I can try to quiet my mind, but it won?t shut up.

IVF leaves woman pregnant with another couple's twins

An Italian woman has been told the twins she is three months pregnant with are not hers.

'My mother-in-law found out our baby's gender behind our backs'

My husband and I mutually decided that we didn?t want to know our baby's sex before the birth, but his mother couldn't handle that.

What you need for the 'fourth trimester'

In my opinion, the first three months after the birth are the most intense. Here's what got me through that time after welcoming my baby.

Weaning a toddler off a dummy: a 15-day plan

Weaning your child off the dummy can be a traumatic experience for both of you. Here are some tips to help you through.

Choosing to be a solo parent

Two women share their stories of longing for a baby so much that they each decided not to wait for a partner before becoming a mum.

Asphyxia link another piece of the SIDS puzzle

An Australian study has uncovered information which could lead to a better understanding of why babies die from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.

Rescue dog Zoey and BFF Jasper star in adorable pics

Photographer, self-professed "crazy dog lady" and mum Grace Chon takes photos of rescue dog Zoey and her 10-month-old son Jasper together. The results are just too cute. See more on Instagram @thegracechon.

The ultimate travel stroller: the Mountain Buggy nano

We tried the Mountain Buggy nano and give it an enthusiastic thumbs up. As the ultimate travel stroller, it's practical, has great features, and looks fab, too.

Mum's heartbreak as son dies in road accident

Daly Thomas and her two young sons were walking home from church on Tuesday afternoon. Her youngest son never made it.

New Kate Spade baby bag designs

Don?t adjust your screen: this bright beauty is coming to you in full colour.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win the brand new phil&teds vibe

Check out the good looking new release of the Vibe 3 and the Verve 4-wheeler inline strollers. To celebrate their release, we have a Vibe with double kit to give away.

Baby sleep

From birth to one year and beyond, read about baby sleep, soothing techniques, routines, and sleep school experiences.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

7 tips for a kid-free trip, not a guilt trip

Although I?m jumping out of my skin to take my child-free holiday, I?m dreading the goodbye. But I?m determined to make the most of it without tarnishing it with guilt or sadness about leaving the kids.

Itchibubs: clothes for babies and toddlers with eczema

Parents of children who suffer from eczema will know only too well the scratching that occurs around the clock. A new clothing range aims to help make everyone more comfortable.

Ear piercing: what age is best?

What is it that shapes our opinions on what?s an 'appropriate' age for our children to get their ears pierced? Parents share their views on how young is too young when it comes to piercing.

Caring for kids helps grandmothers stay mentally alert

Looking after grandchildren can help grandmothers ward off brain disease - but it's also possible to get too much of a good thing, researchers say.

Why I loved my third home water birth

After two water births at home, I was determined to give birth to my son the same way. I just hoped this birth would be quicker than my last two.

Revealed: 7 ways food marketers try to trick consumers

If you?re confused by food labels, you?re not alone. Next time you?re shopping for food, look out for these seven common labelling tricks.

'My mother-in-law found out our baby's gender behind our backs'

My husband and I mutually decided that we didn?t want to know our baby's sex before the birth, but his mother couldn't handle that.

Free Printable Activities

Keeping little hands busy

Free printable acitivity pages like colouring in, cutting, word finders, mazes, maths activities and puzzles.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.