Bleeding in T1 (no cramps)
Positive stories please!

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Sunshiney

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:02 AM

Please give me your positive stories about bleeding in T1 with everything working out okay in the end.

I'm 7wks on Mon and have been having spotting on and off since 5w4d, but no cramps. At first the blood seems to come as bright pink mixed with EWCM, and then over the next day or two I'll get orange/brown spotting. Had an US at 6w4d which showed perfect HB and no reason for bleeding. I've also has really bad ms for ~1.5 weeks and my HCG is rising really well, so my doc says it's nothing to worry about.

But for my last PG I had an US at 6w4d which showed perfect HB, had really bad ms and everything went well until I started bleeding and had a mc. I know the bleeding last time was very different to the bleeding I'm getting this time, but every time it starts again I'm in tears and can't help thinking that this PG is over.

So please give me your good stories about bleding in T1 and everything working out okay because I need stories of hope to help me through.

#2 Wildence

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:36 AM

Aww. Well its reassuring that your levels are rising.
I had some bleeding too when I was 5weeks pregnant, turned out to be a breakthrough bleeding. I am now 24weeks pregnant. I was however checking my hcg levels after the bleed for a week or two.

My mother was telling me when she was pregnant with my brother, she had a lot of bleeding at three months, doctors were sure she was miscarrying. Well my brother now has two kids of his own :-)

Take care of your self and stay positive.

#3 IsolaBella

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:37 AM

My sister had similar. On and off spotting then at about 10 wks lots of bleeding, including clots. She was overseas on her honeymoon and local dr told her she was miss carrying. Upon further talks with her (as she had no cramping etc) I suggested she see a dr for a scan when she got back to civilisation..... She was surprised to see bubs waving back st her at that scan. Bubs is now 1.

I also had bleeding requiring pads at 8-10wks of both my 2-3 PGs. I was put on bed rest by OB. Those bubs are now 3 & 5,

#4 ChilliDog

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:50 AM

I saw this in recent topics and thought it might be you Sunshiney. Just wanting to send you some huge big cyber hugs xxx

#5 HeartMyBoys

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:51 AM

I had quite heavy bleeding at 6wks with my fist baby, and thought for sure it was a mc. I went to the emergency room, and they admitted me overnight, and when they did an ultrasound the next morning everything was fine. Some spotting can be very normal. Try not to stress too much as thats bad for u and bubs. All the best

#6 mumsiedearest

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:05 PM

Hello! I had some bleeding with my first son and freaked out as you usually do. But all was fine. Ive had some bleeding this time around and sure its all fine (dr tomorrow for first appt). if it gets heavy or really red, and you have bad cramping id go get it checked out just to be sure and for your piece of mind. Goodluck hun! x

#7 FeralMuddyPuddles

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:32 PM

DP

Edited by zaacaa, 02 December 2012 - 06:34 PM.

#8 FeralMuddyPuddles

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:33 PM

Hi there, I'm just getting over a week of bleeding, but the scan at the OB showed bub with a great hb and he wasn't worried. I was told it can be normal and with no cramping not to worry too much. I know that's hard and I was freaking out, but trust that your medical professionals know what's going on. Thinking of you

#9 Sunshiney

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:56 PM

Thanks ladies! I'm trying to convince myself that all will be okay.  I'm getting used to seeing it now and tell myself each time that bleeding without cramps is okay, but I still just wish it would stop. I haven't been doing any exercise since 5wks on docs orders (before the bleeding started) and it's just hard to see it keep coming back despite the constant bed rest.

#10 FeralProudSwahili

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:16 PM

I had spotting/bleeding with both of my pregnancies which went to term. Good luck!

#11 leisamd

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:30 AM

Oh Sunshiney, that's scary.  I've bled with 4 out of 5 of my pregnancies, two of those times everything was ok.  Seeing a hb increases the odds of a successful pregnancy, you know it's not a blighted ovum.

I'd be hopeful but terrified!  Have you got another scan planned soon?

#12 BearBait

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:19 AM

Sunshine, it's so stressful I know. I had same sort of bleeding as you describe from week 9-14 then again around week 21. All the extra scans showed bub was normal, placenta was normal. DD2 is now 3.5m old & perfect. I did have a secondary post partum Haemmorage 1 week after the birth though.
When I was furiously Googling at the time it seemed to be common in approx 1/3 of pregnancies.

#13 Koobie83

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:38 AM

Mine wasn't in the first trimester - but I had a small bleed with no cramps at 14w1d. It was very scary because I thought I was in the safe zone. They couldn't find a reason for the bleed but I later found out that my placenta was posterior and leading up to the bleed I 1) exercised 2) DH and I DTD and 3) I carried heavy shopping bags upstairs. Good luck - bleeding is common but it's just scary because they often can't guarantee you will be ok.

#14 Jadey73

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:51 PM

Sunshine, I've had lots of bleeding this pg.  I had a 3 day implantation bleed to start with from CD19.  Then a bit of brown/pink spotting at around 5wks for 1 day.  Then from 6.5wks till now I've been bleeding everyday with only 3 days of no bleeding or spotting.  It's been like a light period mostly with a huge bleed at 12wks which was very scary. Thankfully brown bleeding since then.  A huge change from DD's pg where I had no bleeding whatsoever.  I had a m/c earlier this year and with that only a few days of pink spotting (hardly anything) before I found out I'd lost bub.  This pg has had far more bleeding!  I've needed regular Anti-D shots too - it's been a hellish ride lol!

But guess what, bub is absolutely fine so far, very low risk NT scan and bub is developing well.  My OB is not worried - placenta and bub are fine.  It is due to a blood clot in my case, so I have to rest as much as I can, exertion makes things worse I find. I have to stay away from any foods that thin the blood too (eg fish). Things seem to be easing now (touch wood) and it's mostly old blood now.

Hang in there Sunshine, of course there are no guarantees and you can't control everything, but bleeding in pg is far more common than you'd realise and it doesn't always mean the worst as per me and PP's.  I know how hard it is after a m/c, bleeding is the last thing you need.. Get regular scans if you can to reassure yourself (up until recently I had them every 1-2 weeks, it really helped keep me sane!). Look after yourself and try to stay positive, hard as it is.   hhugs.gif

#15 gab72

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:09 PM

With DS2 I bled on and off until 17 weeks, ranging from spotting to gushes of bright red blood. I was never able to relax and enjoy being pg, but thankfully bub was always ok and there was no further issues after 17 weeks.

Interestingly, with my m/c, I had no bleeding at all, just had a scan at 9.5 weeks and there was no h/b.

Good luck, I really hope that everything works out xo

#16 Riebe

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:11 AM

I bled from weeks 7 - 12 on and off, and am now at 32 weeks with no problems - all tests etc are fine, everything is healthy.
Try not to stress too much (not easy!), but it is definitely possible for things to work out fine.

#17 WithSprinkles

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:21 AM

I had spotting in my first trimester with DD and she is now 6 months old (nearly 7!)
At the time I was told 20-25% of women will have bleeding/spotting in pregnancy. Of these cases around 50% will go on to miscarry but 50% will not.
Once you have seen a good strong heartbeat though the risk of miscarriage drops significantly.
It's very hard not to stress, wishing you all the best!

#18 CountryBumpkin

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:33 AM

I had bleeding so heavy 3 times between 6 and 9 weeks, they told me I miscarried each time. No cramps. I have a beautiful 17 month old daughter now original.gif there is hope!

#19 key_gal

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:12 AM

Pink spotting between 6 weeks to 8 weeks then 10 - 11 weeks. At 13.5 week now and bleeding has stopped. Last scan at 13 weeks shows heartbeat. and 12 wk NT scan showed bub jumping around. So far so good. I was terrified too. Hope you will be ok.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Trying to speed up the inevitable

As the waiting game of late pregnancy continues, this mum considers a few things that might hurry things up a little.

One month later: where is William Tyrell?

It has been a little over a month since William Tyrell disappeared from his grandmother's home, 33 long sleepless nights for his family as they mourn the absence of their cheeky young boy.

Winter's child less likely to be moody: study

Babies born in the summer are much more likely to suffer from mood swings when they grow up, while those born in the winter are less likely to become irritable adults, scientists claim.

Single mum of two creates award-winning baby app

Suddenly single with a baby and an 11-year-old son, Tara O?Connell developed an app to improve the lives of mothers who were similarly overwhelmed.

Food for thought: looking after yourself as a new mum

As soon as your baby enters the world, everything else takes a back seat - even the necessities of daily life such as eating are severely compromised, right when you need energy the most.

'Grabbable guts' campaign aims to cut toxic fat

The Live Lighter campaign will take people inside the human body to show the internal dangers of being overweight.

The best and worst month of my life

A new mum's first month of motherhood didn't pan out as expected when she lost a family member weeks after her baby's birth.

Facebook and Apple offer to pay female staff to freeze their eggs

Facebook and Apple are hoping to provide women with the freedom to build their careers without the added pressure of having children at or by a certain age.

How a pregnancy contract could work for you and your partner

The idea of making a 'pregnancy contract' with your partner may sound a bit silly at first, but it can help make the transition to parenthood a lot smoother.

Finding a mum-friendly personal trainer

Burping babies vs burpees – yes, new mums and personal trainers live in different worlds. But they can work together - once you find the right match for you and your lifestyle.

Ambulance service under fire: baby seats to go, response times 'worse than ever'

The NSW Ambulance Service is removing child-safety seats from ambulances, while the Victorian service is facing criticism over lengthy response times following the death of a three-year-old.

Alleged baby snatch incident a ?misunderstanding?, say police

Police say that an incident in which a man pulled on a woman?s pram while walking a popular Sydney route late last month was a misunderstanding.

Ebola killed my aunt and is shutting down my country

Three weeks ago, my auntie, a midwife, developed a fever. Sitting here in Sydney basked in Australian sunshine, that shouldn't be big news.

The night my ovary burst

One mum shares her frightening experience and vows to never take her health for granted again.

Is e-reading to your toddler story time or just screen time?

When reading increasingly means swiping pages on a device, and we're advised to read to their children early and often, should parents be turning to e-readers for storytime?

Community mourns inspiring young dad

A young dad who fought a five-year battle with cancer has been remembered for his inspiring legacy at a funeral service attended by hundreds of family and friends this week.

Meningococcal kills Queensland toddler

Public health authorities say the death of a toddler in north Queensland from meningococcal disease highlights the danger the illness poses.

Nicole Kidman: 'I hope every month that I'm pregnant'

Nicole Kidman is hoping to add to her family, but says she's doubtful it will happen.

Recall: Aldi Wooden London Bus play set

Aldi has announced a recall of their popular Wooden London Bus play set.

Great gift ideas for first birthdays

From soft toys to balance bikes, here are some great ideas for first birthday gifts.

Mum learnt she was pregnant hours before giving birth

Kim Walsh arrived at the doctor with abdominal cramps. Hours later, she was cradling the baby experts told her she could never have.

How cancer has made me a better, happier person

I'm a far better person post-cancer than I ever was before. The goal now is to stay around long enough to find out who I can become, and what I can achieve.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

16 parenting truths you won't find in the baby books

I am five years into this parenting gig and I’ve learnt that sleepless nights and changing dirty nappies are child’s play.

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

Best and worst potty party cakes

It's nice to celebrate a child making the shift from nappies to 'big kid' undies, but do we really need a semi-realistic used toilet cake to do it? Here are some of the best and worst cakes parents have used at 'potty parties' around the world.

7 tips for a financially festive Christmas

Plan ahead - and do it now - to ensure festive season expenses don't break the bank.

'Go the F*** to Sleep' author's new book for frustrated parents

A sequel is coming soon to the 2011 hit book 'Go the F*** to Sleep' - and this time, it's about mealtimes.

Great birthday party buys from Etsy

Handmade crafts to decorate and personalise your child's next birthday - from banners to cake decorations, we've got gorgeous party finds from Etsy.

Creative storage ideas for the kids' rooms

Creative and practical storage ideas for the kids' toys and books can also add some stylish decor to your home. Visit babyology.com.au for more stylish modern finds for hip kids & parents.

Warnings over child pain relief doses

The Therapeutic Goods Administration has warned parents and carers over a "confusing" pain relief dosage system.

To the mum in the doctor's waiting room

Maybe the mum I saw in that waiting room, seemingly disconnected from her baby, doesn’t have the support she needs.

10 space-saving nursery ideas

Starting a family doesn't always mean moving into a bigger house - not yet, anyway.

What's in a name?

Baby Names

Looking for a classic name, or an unusual name? Our Baby Name Finder is for you, search or browse to refine your shortlist.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.