Intro :)

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 ChickyMumma

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:30 PM

Hi thought I would do a little intro. I am a 26 year old SAHM with 2 boys. DS1 is 2.5, DS2 is 19 months old. If you did the maths yes they are 10 months apart.

We decided that 2 was it for us after our second son but a suprise in Sept last year made us second think and we got excited about having a third, sadly we m/c at 8 weeks. Since then I have been up down and all over the place. Yarning for a 3rd but DH was not in a good place yet.

We decided a couple of weeks ago to TTC next year and then, whoops, no AF, BFP, were 4 weeks tommorrow.

My fingers are secretly crossed for a girl, but I have a fairly strong feeling on a boy.

I looking forward to getting to know you all and excited about completeing our family original.gif

Edited by ChickyMumma, 30 November 2012 - 04:31 PM.

#2 ChickyMumma

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:42 PM

3 weeks and 6 days - My first purchase, my video baby monitor. Always wanted one and now I do original.gif

#3 Starposs

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:33 PM

Yey! Congrats. What's your due date? According to due date calculator on here I'm 16th August but according to 'what go expect' app I'm due 14th.

Sending you lots of sticky vibes and have fingers crossed for a girl for you original.gif we have a little boy who will be 2 in Jan. I have a feeling this little one is a boy too. We are only having two, so would love one of each but would be more than happy with two gorgeous boys!

Look forward to sharing this time with you xx

Edited by Starposs, 30 November 2012 - 11:34 PM.

#4 Robynd

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:56 AM

Hi all,
I just found our yesterday I'm 5 weeks pregnant. Am so excited I'm struggling to sleep right now!
I calculated my due day as the 4th of August.
We are so excited!
Congratulations to everyone else here in the same boat!
Xx biggrin.gif

#5 leebec

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:26 AM

Hi everyone
I'm 36 and so is DH and this is baby #1 for us. Second pregnancy but 1st was exactly 2years ago an ended in MMC 3 days before Xmas at 8w3d.

We had to go through 18 months of fertility treatment hell - 6 clomid cycles, operations, tests, 3 FS and 2 fertility clinics with 7 IVF/FET cycles to get this BFP!
I am 4w3d today and I'm due on 7 August.

As for purchases the only thing we have to buy is our pram as we bought all the big things last preg so they have just been sitting in the babys room. We have everything - boy/girl clothes in all sizes, toys, bouncer, bumbo, theme for the room for boy/girl - buying baby stuff each IVF cycle got me through.
I know we are getting a bugaboo. It just depends on how many embryos stuck on what we get. If its only one we are getting a chameleon and if it's two we are getting a donkey. My parents are buying the pram so I can have whatever I want but this is the one I have always wanted.
We will know in a week how many there are as I'm seeing my Ob on 10th Dec.

#6 ChickyMumma

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:22 AM

Hi all. I will reply properly on the computer so please dont think me rude for the short reply.

10 August 2013 is our baby's due date.

I love the bugaboo but we went for the strider plus.

Another purchase, another monitor lol. It has a longer range and not video so I can take it outside.

#7 ChickyMumma

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:24 AM

Another thing us I have gained 1.2kg already. 4 weeks today.

#8 ChickyMumma

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:36 AM

QUOTE (leebec @ 01/12/2012, 06:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi everyone
I'm 36 and so is DH and this is baby #1 for us. Second pregnancy but 1st was exactly 2years ago an ended in MMC 3 days before Xmas at 8w3d.

We had to go through 18 months of fertility treatment hell - 6 clomid cycles, operations, tests, 3 FS and 2 fertility clinics with 7 IVF/FET cycles to get this BFP!
I am 4w3d today and I'm due on 7 August.

As for purchases the only thing we have to buy is our pram as we bought all the big things last preg so they have just been sitting in the babys room. We have everything - boy/girl clothes in all sizes, toys, bouncer, bumbo, theme for the room for boy/girl - buying baby stuff each IVF cycle got me through.
I know we are getting a bugaboo. It just depends on how many embryos stuck on what we get. If its only one we are getting a chameleon and if it's two we are getting a donkey. My parents are buying the pram so I can have whatever I want but this is the one I have always wanted.
We will know in a week how many there are as I'm seeing my Ob on 10th Dec.

Okay I am on the computer now so I can reply properly.
Wow you have been though A LOT. I really hope this little one or more than one are sticky. My mum was 43 when she has my sister, 16 years beetween us, so age is no facter original.gif

I love the bugaboo donkey, if we have twins I really want one but can't afford $2000. We bought the Strider plus when we found our we were pregnant with our second, as we would need a pram suitable of a 10 month old and new born. Its suited perfectly. We will be getting the capsule for this baby to make my life a little easier with a 3year old, 2 year old and newborn.

I am lucky really, I was told at 19 I would never be a mother, of if I did concieve it would need to be assited and I would not carry to term. I had my op for Endo in 2008, I fell pregnant in the first month with DS1 in 2009. Carried until 39+2. DS2 well I didn't know you could get pregnant after having a baby straight away without a cycle inbetween. We planned a 12 month gap but he decided I needed a little more of a challenge. Casrried him to 39 weeks. Concidered term, although DS1 was assessed at birth to be more like 37 weeks, so he was early but still term. Our m/c was a suprise also, on the pill an using condoms and still got pregnant. This one was planned for next year but once again we have jumped the gun lol. We are done at 3.

#9 ChickyMumma

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:40 AM

QUOTE (Starposs @ 01/12/2012, 12:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yey! Congrats. What's your due date? According to due date calculator on here I'm 16th August but according to 'what go expect' app I'm due 14th.

Sending you lots of sticky vibes and have fingers crossed for a girl for you original.gif we have a little boy who will be 2 in Jan. I have a feeling this little one is a boy too. We are only having two, so would love one of each but would be more than happy with two gorgeous boys!

Look forward to sharing this time with you xx

2 boys is awesome, my 2 are the best thing ever. Tonka trucks and Tractors, Trains, Cars etc. Our house could do with evening out a little. I have almost everything for a girl, handmedowns and od course set of a boy.
I had a dream last night it was twins, if that happens then we will need to do a bedroom shuffle too as the nursery for this one is only big enough for a wardrobe, dresser and cot. We have a massive playroom though so it compensated for the small bedroom. Our sons and MILs room are larger and ours is massive.

#10 Mumma_G

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:08 PM

Big congrats on your BFP! This stories make my heart melt. A little girl would be lovely but i usually think our first instinct is right. I know it was with DS. Good luck with your ob appt.

#11 miss-petal

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:10 PM

Hi ladies! Tentatively joining this group as I just got my BFP!!! DP and I have been TTC #1 for 10 months now :-D

Using the due date estimator I will be due August 15th, just 6 days before my birthday!

I am extremely excited, although very nervous as well. My last BFP ended in a MC at 11.5 weeks so fingers crossed that this little bub is my sticky!!

#12 ChickyMumma

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:02 AM

Hi Petal, fingers crossed for a sticky baby this time. We m/c in october last year and have been trying on an off. This time we are waiting for 12 weeks before we tell family and depending on how I am showing, I showed extremely quick with both boys, we will either wait till 15 weeks after our gender scan to announce on fb and friends etc or if I am showing we will announce the baby at 12 weeks. I also suffer severly for moring sickness so that I can not hide.

#13 living_bravely

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:22 PM

Oh can't believe I missed this thread! :-)  There are a couple of people in here that I haven't added to the list so I will add you in over in the chat thread.

I think I've said hi to everyone who has posted here in the other thread except for Robynd waves.gif and Congratulations!

Leebec- your story is so inspiring and I am just so happy for you.  I LOVE our bugaboo chameleon and we will be upgrading to the donkey now we have #2 on the way.  My DD will be 2 in May so will need a double pram.  A good friend of mine has the donkey and she loves it!  Would highly recommend bugaboo to anyone!

Chickymumma-  wow your story is amazing as well!  Doctors don't always get it right do they!  As you can see from my sig,  they didn't get it right in my case either (told it was highly unlikely we would conceive naturally and that even IVF would be a struggle.)  

Anywho, hope everyone is feeling OK and looking forward to getting to know everyone!

#14 leebec

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:27 PM

Hi to everyone I havent said hi to yet.

Thanks everyone this or these baby/babies are very much loved already. The amount of money we have spent in the last 18 months would make your eyes water.

I am really nervous for my scan next Monday. My beta tripled not doubled from from Wed to Fri - 220 to 650!!!! Eeeeekkkkk.

#15 ChickyMumma

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:32 PM

250 days until due date. A dummy chain bunny.

Hi everyone I haven't replied to yet.

#16 ChickyMumma

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

Lol went to Kmart today. closest is 2.5 hours from home. bought 2 maternity tops in an effort to.make it feel real. then ran into 2 people i know. awkward much. its all good though they didnt have any idea.

Lol went to Kmart today. closest is 2.5 hours from home. bought 2 maternity tops in an effort to.make it feel real. then ran into 2 people i know. awkward much. its all good though they didnt have any idea.

#17 Izzibeach

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:46 PM

Hi Everyone,

I thought I should introduce myself. I am 28 years old and my DP is 33. I found out 2 days ago so I still can't quite believe it!

This will be our first.

Doctor said estimated due date is 14th of August although i worked it out to the 18th of August.  I am very very excited and so is my DP.

Will update my ticker tonight!!

Looking forward to getting to know you all and sharing this amazing journey.

#18 Tamilee

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:38 AM

Hi to everyone in here original.gif

An update from me...it seems that maybe my last AF wasnt infact AF and I conceived the cycle before this one....the pregnancy test that i took last night (the one that says the conceived date approximately) said that it was 2-3 wks ago!!!

So going by this my due date will be August 1st!

Congrats to everyone biggrin.gif

#19 ChickyMumma

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:10 AM

4w 6d bloods today and hopefully a scan. I have my first craving - mushrooms. can not get enough of them. It was molk and cheese with my boys but I cant stand it atm. Cant wait to see our baby.

#20 LumpySpacePrincess

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:26 PM

Hi everyone,

My name is kim im 24, DH is 29. We hav a 4 nearly 5yr old. We were trying on and off for nearly 2 years, in that time i had a very early miscarriage, then gave up due to personal reasons. I went on the pill and 2 months later i somehow fell pregnant again which ended in miscarriage of twins at 6wks and 8wks. I went back on the pill for a month then we decided that we would start trying again. After afew months of 2 weekly cycles a friend suggested vitex to regulate my cycle and 12 days after i started taking them i got a +opk and ovulated the next day. 9 days later i got my BFP original.gif Ive had bloods to confirm and will be getting an early ultrasound next week.

I was diagnosed with cervical cancer afew weeks ago so am supposed to hav a colposcopy and a hysteroscopy on the 17th. Ive told the hospital im now pregnant so they're guna see how progressed the cancer is and see if it'll be safe to carry to term and if not ill hav to terminate sad.gif If i get given the all clear we've decided to tell the family at christmas, i did want to leave it till the 12wk mark but im already showing... I did tell my mum and sis just so if something goes wrong ill hav afew people to talk to that have been through the same.

DH and i are very excited and cant believe the vitex worked so quickly but im trying really hard not to get my hopes up untill ive been to my appt on the 17th just incase. The wait is just killing me though. But if all goes well my first antenatal appt will be in early feb.

Hope everyone else is enjoying their early pregnancy original.gif

#21 leebec

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:13 PM

My shopping this week:

Bloch baby ballet flats
2 x wraps 1 blue & 1 pink
Maternity cargos & singlet
Sheets for my sleepi spaces bassinet
4 outfits from Next Direct - 2 boy & 2 girl
Boori 4 draw dresser with cabinet in white
Baby love book
Gdiapers (amazing American mix of cloth& disposable nappies) got 2 more nappies as already have 3 and 4 boxes of disposable nappies

#22 miss-petal

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:00 PM

Ahhh how exciting leebec! Love the boori dresser in particular!

I was at the shops today looking for christmas pressies and found myself in the baby section of david jones eyeing off all the cute little things! I can't bring myself to actually buy anything yet, want to get through the first scan at least, possibly hold off till 12 weeks just to be sure. I bought a few things last time and it just broke my heaert looking at them after my MC.

#23 ChickyMumma

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:36 PM

I must admit I have been on a spending spree too. Week 5 thus far (keeping in miind week 5 was yesterday lol) -
2 x Bunnies by the bay dummy holders the dog and the duck.
1 x girls outfit (I already have a little boys outfit)
4 x maternity dresses
1 x santa sack lol, how I decided I am going to tell my mum  and mil, 5 sacks hanging, if they do the maths they will realise the 5th is in my tummy original.gif

#24 living_bravely

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:04 PM

Oh chickymumma that is a great idea! Love it!  Can't wait to hear about their reaction to that!  If it really is twins you will have to buy another one!

#25 camelrob

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:20 PM

HI,
I am a Mum of 1. I have a 9.5 month old who is my entire universe. I just did a pregnancy test today and we've found out we are pregnant with baby number 2. YAY!!!!! Due date from what I can work out is 27/08/2013. So they will be 18 months apart.

I am a natural mumma who loves natural parenting, baby wearing and modern cloth nappies. I loved being pregnant the first time around. Hopefully this is just as good.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Share the little things that make you smile

We're giving away a Mountain Buggy nano, the ultimate travel stroller - and here are some of the great entries so far.

Toddler pleads for return of "stolen" nose

A two-year-old's reaction to a game of "got your nose" shows it doesn't take much to make a toddler cry.

The 15 photos new parents share (and five they don't)

From the first scan photo to the baby covered in cake at their first birthday party, there are 15 photos most parents seem to share - and some they don't.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

Breastfeeding friendly café goes viral

A photo of a breastfeeding-friendly sign in a cafe has been posted to Facebook and shared by hundreds of mums around the world.

First look at the Bugaboo Bee3

The newest Bugaboo Bee ? the Bee3 ? offers a variety of improved features, including a much asked-for bassinet and a rainbow of colour combinations.

Childcare costs, not paid leave, the real issue for parents

Given the choice between maintaining their wage for six months to have a child, or having a reduced rate of pay for a time but a better deal on childcare when returning to work, there are no odds on what most working parents would choose.

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

We lost three babies in two years

Our first pregnancy ended the way we all expected it to - with a healthy, happy baby in our arms. What a true blessing he was, for we were not to know the heartache we were about endure.

Family turned back from doomed flight MH17

'There must have been someone watching over us and saying, 'You must not get on that flight,' says mother who narrowly avoided boarding the Malaysian Airlines flight which exploded in mid-air over the Ukraine last night.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Adorable Skeanie loafers for kids

Your little toddler or preschooler can now get their nautical on with a new range of classic loafers by Australian show brand Skeanie.

My baby is hypermobile

For months, I have been telling myself not to worry that Jasmin isn't crawling or walking. This week I heard the term hypermobile for the first time.

When you don?t bond with your baby

They say that there is no bond greater than the bond between a mother and her child. But for some women, the mother-baby bond takes more time and effort to develop.

Yumi Stynes: Having a baby after a 10-year break

After a long break, Yumi Stynes gets a reminder of the pain - and the pleasure - of giving birth.

Grieving father asks for help to Photoshop his daughter's image

When Nathan Steffel's daughter Sophia died from a liver condition at just 6 weeks old, he reached out for someone to create a beautiful image of his little girl.

Raising kids in a 'low media' home

Can you imagine a life without TV or computers? Some parents are opting for a low-tech, screen-free life for their kids.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

Be careful what you say, your baby is listening

The importance of speaking to your baby even if they are not old enough to answer back has been highlighted by new research.

WIN two Sea-Bands plus $1000

Three lucky fans can win a Sea-Band Prize Pack valued at over $1000 each, which includes two Sea-Bands plus a $1000 Eftpos Gift Card!

The beautiful moment a baby was born at the side of a road

It's not where she expected to give birth, but mum Corrine Cinatl is delighted that her daughter's roadside arrival was captured in a series of beautiful photos.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

The Nappy Collective starts new drive

It's that time of year when the dedicated volunteers at The Nappy Collective do their bit to help out mums and children in need - and they need your help.

Baby shower cake wrecks

From misshapen cake babies to questionable text, from odd colour choices to internal organ recreation, these are the baby shower cakes that taste forgot.

Photographer captures the beauty of adoption

The love of a family is usually tough to capture on camera. This is an exception.

Pregnancy progression photo ideas

Want to record your pregnancy as your belly grows? Here are some creative, fun ideas for photo shoots along the way.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Tin can craft and DIY ideas

Got a few old formula, Milo or coffee cans around the house? Use these fantastic upcycling ideas to create items for around the house and yard.

Dads meet their newborn for the first time

Emotional photos of two fathers meeting their newborn son have resonated with viewers worldwide, attracting thousands of Facebook likes and shares.

Skin safety isn't just a summer worry

Lax about the slip slop slap with your kids as weather turns cooler? Here's a reminder as to why we have to remain vigilant for our children?s future health.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Creative sleeping baby photoshoots

See how some parents and photographers have captured sleeping babies in unusual positions and using different props.

DIY kitchen and food hacks

DIY your way to a better kitchen and make cooking easier with our clever hacks. (Some content reproduced with permission from mashable.com.)

Winter warmers for babies and toddlers

Your baby or toddler will be nice and snug in these beautiful and fun winter pieces. Most are hand-made or knitted, and they're all designed to keep your little one toastie - and adorable!

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.