Jump to content
What was you top 3 best purchases for your Baby
80 replies to this topic
Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:28 PM
Just wondering what your top 3 purchases was for your baby up to 1 year of age?
1: Dwinguler Comflor Baby Play Mat, I wish i got one of these sooner
Baby Play Mat (my review)
2: Merino Sleep Sacks by Merino Kids to keep regulate there temp in cold to warm climate.
3: Baby Humidifier to help with runny nose, coughing ect.
Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:36 PM
1 Baby Love, by Robyn Barker (book)2. Save Our Sleep, by Tizzie Hall (book - didn't use til 6mths old)3. Bubberoo 1 tog sleeping bag.
Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:42 PM
2. Ergocacoon swaddles
3. Oricom respiratory monitor
Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:43 PM
1. Video monitor (I'd put this for 1, 2 and 3 if I could)
2. Our pram (worked well for us, Childcare Discovery from Target)
3. Cloth breast pads
Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:46 PM
1. Ergo cocoon wraps / love me up wraps
2. Cloth breast pads
Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:49 PM
1. Love to dream wraps
2. Ergo carrier
3. Safe t sleep to stop rolling around the cot
Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:49 PM
1. Digital video monitor (as PP mentioned, I would also put this as 1, 2 and 3)
2. All terrain pram - we have the Baby Jogger Summit 360
3. Soft mat by Bubba Mat - they are awesome..
Can I add No 4 - my Jason Lazyboy leather recliner for breastfeeding and rocking to settle
Edited by TaGB, 29 November 2012 - 06:58 PM.
Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:50 PM
Avent bottle warmer to warm food (don't like the microwave and try and avoid pots and pans as much as possible!)
good but very ugly breastfeeding chair (I don't think I would've stuck with it if I wasn't so darn comfy!)
Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:50 PM
1. Baby carrier (I have a few different varieties as it's something of a hobby now, but started with an Ergo)
2. Old fashioned cloth nappies - so good for a chucky babe, plus their myriad of other uses.
3. Video monitor.
Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:52 PM
ohhh..... and the safe T sleep what a lifesaver.
That's four now
Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:57 PM
1. Vicks humidifier - the only thing that would clear DS nose when he had a cold - would have had a nervous breakdown without it!!
2. My breastfeeding cover from the ABA shop - had wire in the top which kept it off my chest so i could look down and see how DS was attaching - great for super unco people like me
3. Love me baby swaddles with the zipper at the front - i was just so crap at swaddling - as per no 2. im totally unco!!
Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:59 PM
1. Fisher-Price Papasan swing.
2. Honeysuckle Sleep merino adult and baby sleeping bags (I'm a co-sleeper).
3. Braun stick blender (makes pureeing so easy).
Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:01 PM
Oh, definitely the humidifier as well for colds! I think mine is a Euky Bear one. That's 4 for me though, sorry.
Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:01 PM
Video monitor - best things ever. We still use one for 3yo DD, had to get a second for DS.
Sleeping Bags - excellent for babies that move all around the cot. Any cotton tog rated ones are great.
Borri cot - love the size, quality and one hand drop down side.
Edited by GrumpyTurtle, 29 November 2012 - 07:04 PM.
Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:03 PM
1) MCN (Bambooty & Ittis)
2) Wallaboo rabbit - he LOVES it
3) Musical mobile (daytime sleep lifesaver)
Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:10 PM
1. Angel care monitor
2. Cloth nappies for spills, vomit etc etc
3. Baby Bjorn carrier (the one with back support)
Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:12 PM
Hmm so far I'd say the Boori rocking cradle, Love to Dream swaddle and a swing (cheap one fromTarget).
Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:17 PM
1. Ergo carrier
3. Tripp Trapp rip-off highchair
That's probably all we bought apart from clothes and all have been incredible
Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:18 PM
1. Aden + Anais wraps - so soft and a good size, use them for swaddling, covering up when breastfeeding, pram cover etc.
2. Pram travel system with the capsule and adaptors so don't have to wake bubs up - also good for her to sit/sleep in when she had reflux.
3. For myself, bonds maternity singlets - pretty much live in them
Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:20 PM
1. Running pram (with hand brake on the handle and added suspension)2. Save our sleep by tizzie Hall3. Pea pods (non disposable nappies made from bamboo... Super cute and just throw them in the wash best money and time saver ever!)
Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:22 PM
1. video monitor (still using for 2 year old dd, so will need to buy another one for next baby)
2. love me baby wraps
3. rocking chair for feeding and settling to sleep
Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:33 PM
1. Steelcraft Agile Travel System with capsule
2. Childcare bassinet - very large - takes baby up to 6 months. Was great in our room rather than the big cot
3. Old fashioned cloth nappies - couldn't live without them with two chuckie babies. great for using on the change table too
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users
Your schedule is not important to your two-year-old, and you cannot convince her otherwise. So what can you do?
A child whose remains were dumped in a suitcase in the South Australian bush is believed to have been a girl aged between two-and-a-half to four.
An Argentinian mum and politician has caused a stir on social media after being filmed breastfeeding her baby.
It was 1am on a cold winter's night when I woke suddenly to the screams of my 12-month-old son. Our lives were about to change forever.
Inflatable and portable children's pools may be required to be sold with compulsory fencing to prevent backyard drownings, with some experts even floating the idea of a ban.
At 11.07am on April 2 this year, Sarah Marriott welcomed baby Sebastian into the world.
These kids' beds definitely fit the brief of providing personality and personal space for little people who are moving up in the world.
Since becoming noticeably pregnant, my son has taken more of an interest in the sibling he'll soon have.
In this age of political correctness, it seems the one subject still subject to discrimination is that of the Only Child.
A neighbour heard a child screaming before a baby was found dead, believed to have been stabbed, in a house in Newcastle.
So far, 206 Samsung washing machines have caught fire and some have exploded. But many remain in people's homes.
We all know that having a baby can turn your life upside down - and it can also bring a raft of new anxieties and worries.
Couples using IVF may be able to choose the gender of their babies and women could be financially compensated for donating their eggs.
Not too young, and not too old. That's reportedly the best age to get married. Not everyone agrees.
After giving birth, the last thing you want to think about is contraception. But you can get pregnant before your period comes back.
Parents of toddlers everywhere know the feeling. After working up the courage to take your child out for lunch or dinner in public you are rewarded with a mid-meal meltdown.
Two children were killed when pieces from their Malm furniture line tipped over.
If you're looking to introduce an organic element into your baby's nursery but want to step away from natural timber, we have the perfect alternative.
I am in no way qualified to advise women on how to cope with hyperemesis, but I've learnt some lessons that might be worth sharing with other partners.
Best friends share everything - and for these two life-long friends, that includes family.
Samuel Forrest didn't want his wife as a trustee of their baby Leo's half million dollar trust for her own "protection", it has emerged.
Men who become fathers experience weight gain and an increase in body mass index, a measurement of body fat based on height and weight, according to a new, large-scale study
She said the photo of a boy with Down syndrome in a washing machine was taken just for fun, but no one else was laughing.
An opulent high tea at a luxury Melbourne hotel has left 44 people with salmonella poisoning - including a pregnant woman, who went into early labour.
Would you know what to do in a fire emergency? How safe is your home and family?
Prince George's second birthday has been marked by the release of an official picture showing the toddler smiling as he is held by his proud beaming father.
Is it safe to use fake tan, hair dye and nail varnish during pregnancy?
The truth is, I can no longer deny that my walking, babbling, somewhat-independent little miss is no longer a bona fide 'baby'.
I'm not usually one who believes in love at first sight but that's exactly what happened when I first saw the Cybex PRIAM.
Get your free ticket to the Sydney Essential Baby & Toddler Show for September 25-27 - register online now.
Top 5 Articles
I believe that you get out of families what you put into them, and I will give mine my all.
I have had two postnatal psychotic episodes. The first when my eldest child was six weeks old, and another after my second child was born.
French names are always in fashion, but a few have risen in popularity in recent years.
A British woman who gave birth in Spain has told of her ordeal after spending weeks trying to convince medics the baby girl was hers.
Some friends of ours say that it's dangerous to have a dog around a newborn and that we should start looking for a new home for him. Is it?
First Apple and Facebook announced they would pay $20,000 towards the cost of their female employees freezing their eggs, now IBM in the US has come up with an innovative new policy aimed at retaining female employees.
The Duke of Cambridge opened up about family life and his plans for the future in an interview to mark his first day as an air ambulance pilot.
A simple photo taken in front of an evening fire gave new mother Sarah Bowers the power to save her baby's life.
Of all the advice people told me before having a baby, no one warned me about the amount of decisions involved.
Parents of toddlers all know the moment when realise your child is being suspiciously quiet. It can only mean one thing - trouble!
If you have trouble recalling the ages of Jeremy Ryan's seven children on The Voice, you're not alone. So does he.
Getting glasses can be a formative moment in a person's life.
When a mum of six was caught shoplifting nappies, clothes and shoes for her kids, the last thing she expected was for a stranger to pay for her haul.
The risk of having uncontrolled depression is far greater than the small increased risk of birth defects that may be associated with specific antidepressants.
Police have raided properties and arrested a number of people over a brawl at a child's birthday party at a play centre in Sydney's west.
Looking for a creative way to share some big news? Look to the skies, like this family did.
Little Owen DiCandilo's name means "young warrior", and it's a description that perfectly fits the inspiring 18-month-old
The exhaustion that comes with caring for young children often means romance between parents becomes a thing of the past.
I've been fat for pretty much most of life, besides a few crazy moments of being less-fat, but for the most part I've existed on this earth with a little more meat on my bones than desirable.
Since the dawn of civilisation, generation after generation of new parents have had to rely on instinct, trial and error - and sometimes get it wrong.
Get your free ticket to The Essential Baby & Toddler Show and save $20 - register online now!