Jump to content
What was you top 3 best purchases for your Baby
82 replies to this topic
Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:28 PM
Just wondering what your top 3 purchases was for your baby up to 1 year of age?
1: Dwinguler Comflor Baby Play Mat, I wish i got one of these sooner
Baby Play Mat (my review)
2: Merino Sleep Sacks by Merino Kids to keep regulate there temp in cold to warm climate.
3: Baby Humidifier to help with runny nose, coughing ect.
Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:36 PM
1 Baby Love, by Robyn Barker (book)2. Save Our Sleep, by Tizzie Hall (book - didn't use til 6mths old)3. Bubberoo 1 tog sleeping bag.
Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:42 PM
2. Ergocacoon swaddles
3. Oricom respiratory monitor
Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:43 PM
1. Video monitor (I'd put this for 1, 2 and 3 if I could)
2. Our pram (worked well for us, Childcare Discovery from Target)
3. Cloth breast pads
Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:46 PM
1. Ergo cocoon wraps / love me up wraps
2. Cloth breast pads
Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:49 PM
1. Love to dream wraps
2. Ergo carrier
3. Safe t sleep to stop rolling around the cot
Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:49 PM
1. Digital video monitor (as PP mentioned, I would also put this as 1, 2 and 3)
2. All terrain pram - we have the Baby Jogger Summit 360
3. Soft mat by Bubba Mat - they are awesome..
Can I add No 4 - my Jason Lazyboy leather recliner for breastfeeding and rocking to settle
Edited by TaGB, 29 November 2012 - 06:58 PM.
Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:50 PM
Avent bottle warmer to warm food (don't like the microwave and try and avoid pots and pans as much as possible!)
good but very ugly breastfeeding chair (I don't think I would've stuck with it if I wasn't so darn comfy!)
Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:50 PM
1. Baby carrier (I have a few different varieties as it's something of a hobby now, but started with an Ergo)
2. Old fashioned cloth nappies - so good for a chucky babe, plus their myriad of other uses.
3. Video monitor.
Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:52 PM
ohhh..... and the safe T sleep what a lifesaver.
That's four now
Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:57 PM
1. Vicks humidifier - the only thing that would clear DS nose when he had a cold - would have had a nervous breakdown without it!!
2. My breastfeeding cover from the ABA shop - had wire in the top which kept it off my chest so i could look down and see how DS was attaching - great for super unco people like me
3. Love me baby swaddles with the zipper at the front - i was just so crap at swaddling - as per no 2. im totally unco!!
Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:59 PM
1. Fisher-Price Papasan swing.
2. Honeysuckle Sleep merino adult and baby sleeping bags (I'm a co-sleeper).
3. Braun stick blender (makes pureeing so easy).
Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:01 PM
Oh, definitely the humidifier as well for colds! I think mine is a Euky Bear one. That's 4 for me though, sorry.
Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:01 PM
Video monitor - best things ever. We still use one for 3yo DD, had to get a second for DS.
Sleeping Bags - excellent for babies that move all around the cot. Any cotton tog rated ones are great.
Borri cot - love the size, quality and one hand drop down side.
Edited by GrumpyTurtle, 29 November 2012 - 07:04 PM.
Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:03 PM
1) MCN (Bambooty & Ittis)
2) Wallaboo rabbit - he LOVES it
3) Musical mobile (daytime sleep lifesaver)
Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:10 PM
1. Angel care monitor
2. Cloth nappies for spills, vomit etc etc
3. Baby Bjorn carrier (the one with back support)
Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:12 PM
Hmm so far I'd say the Boori rocking cradle, Love to Dream swaddle and a swing (cheap one fromTarget).
Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:17 PM
1. Ergo carrier
3. Tripp Trapp rip-off highchair
That's probably all we bought apart from clothes and all have been incredible
Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:18 PM
1. Aden + Anais wraps - so soft and a good size, use them for swaddling, covering up when breastfeeding, pram cover etc.
2. Pram travel system with the capsule and adaptors so don't have to wake bubs up - also good for her to sit/sleep in when she had reflux.
3. For myself, bonds maternity singlets - pretty much live in them
Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:20 PM
1. Running pram (with hand brake on the handle and added suspension)2. Save our sleep by tizzie Hall3. Pea pods (non disposable nappies made from bamboo... Super cute and just throw them in the wash best money and time saver ever!)
Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:22 PM
1. video monitor (still using for 2 year old dd, so will need to buy another one for next baby)
2. love me baby wraps
3. rocking chair for feeding and settling to sleep
Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:33 PM
1. Steelcraft Agile Travel System with capsule
2. Childcare bassinet - very large - takes baby up to 6 months. Was great in our room rather than the big cot
3. Old fashioned cloth nappies - couldn't live without them with two chuckie babies. great for using on the change table too
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users
Today, on White Ribbon Day - and every other day - we're teaching our son to say no to violence against women.
If there is one thing the owners of Tillings Cafe can be certain of, it is that the eatery won't win the award for Britain's best baby-friendly coffee shop any time soon.
A woman who admitted to dumping her newborn baby down a Sydney drain has reportedly been allowed to give him a name.
Are you feeling used up by life's stress, family problems and a demanding job you can't turn off? Many people are way beyond work-life exhaustion. They are functioning as robots.
The world's biggest chocolate-maker says we're running out of chocolate.
A baby who was born at 23 weeks has survived her first week of life outside the womb.
It might sound like temporary insanity, but almost obsessive nesting as you near your due date isn’t uncommon – even if you’re not usually a particularly clean person.
The baby found abandoned in a Sydney drain may have been alone for up to six days without being fed, leaving many asking how he could have survived.
A child's excitement at Christmas time is a beautiful thing, but one dad ponders whether his toddler daughter is getting into the festive mood a bit too soon.
A new experience is radically altering men's views of childbirth.
Italian police have placed 12 doctors under house arrest on suspicion of promoting baby milk formula over breastfeeding.
Cara Simmons arrived at work to clean a large and beautiful house in time for a party planned for that evening. It was soon hers.
Every now and then your child does or says something that is truly memorable.
A few weeks ago, some dear friends of mine had their first baby. As the proud dad texted me a picture I had to fight the natural instinct to say “Enjoy every moment!”
Footage of Australian babies and children sleeping in their bedrooms are among the images on a Russian site showing live feeds from thousands of homes and businesses around the world.
Was there really a man who was actually there by his wife’s side as she laboured and gave birth to his child, all while he was making what he perceived to be meaningful eye contact with a midwife?
Tantrum Trolls are a small but growing species of predatory bottom-feeders who delight in picking on parents at their most vulnerable.
The death of children, siblings, and parents has long term impacts on the rest of our lives.
Love has nothing to do with mental illness. But love may drive a mother to do something about it.
We have a beautiful seven-month-old son, and his allergy rules our life.
A transgender man who breastfed his first baby - despite having his breasts removed as part of his transformation from female to male - has now had a second child.
A Canadian couple were slammed with a million dollar medical bill after their daughter was prematurely during their babymoon.
One in every five dollars spent at supermarkets goes on cigarettes or junk food, according to industry data.
There is no doubt mums have a right to continue breastfeeding after they have returned to work, but one teacher in the US has taken it to the extreme.
We have 4 family passes to give away to see Disney Live! presents Three Classic Fairy Tales, touring Australia this December/January.
Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.
Top 5 Articles
To celebrate the release of PADDINGTON, we are giving five lucky winners the chance to win a family pass to the exclusive Australian Premiere in Sydney on December 7!
We were green and uninitiated, perhaps a little naïve when it came to the favourite toy responsibility.
She looks him up and down and then touches his chin, but baby Lindsey still isn't sure this clean-shaven man is her dad.
Medical experts say intense fitness routines can be done safely during pregnancy - if the mums-to-be follow some guidelines.
Are our hopes, dreams and expectations for our children what they really need?
Before even giving birth, Katie Myers' maternal instincts warned her something was wrong with her baby.
Some dads-to-be don't miss a beat when their partner is pregnant; others struggle with a range of issues and can become withdrawn, right when their support is needed most.
Katharine and Kris Camilli devised a clever trick to immortalise their family and friends' reactions to their exciting pregnancy news.
"After 30 years on television, I had become what I despised: a painted doll who spent an hour a day and close to $200 a week putting on a mask."
I am secure, confident and strong, but the responsibility of protecting my children can almost bring me undone.
There are so many ways in which parenthood changes us as women, but one of the most noticeable, for me, has been the changing state of my emotions.
Baby Maia was conceived against the odds, only to find she was sharing a womb with an ominous "foreign body".
They say dog is man's best friend, but this playful pooch seems to have chosen a jumping baby as her number one buddy.
New paernts can get frustrated when their newborn gets fussy and can't settle down. When you're feeling overwhelmed, try some of these simple tips to help soothe your baby.
The data-lovers at nameberry.com have been at it again – this time, they’ve discovered the names that are continually rising up the ranks, ready to take out some top spots in the next few years.
Ideally, you want to give food that isn’t expensive to make, isn't too difficult to create, and freezes well; stews, bakes, soups and pasta sauces are perfect.
Some pregnancy products come to market and are just awesome. Others just leave you scratching your head.
Two children who were given to the wrong families at birth will soon learn if they will be returned to their biological parents.
How many weeks til Christmas?
Get the "Santa" shopping done without the kids in tow.