Jump to content
What was you top 3 best purchases for your Baby
80 replies to this topic
Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:28 PM
Just wondering what your top 3 purchases was for your baby up to 1 year of age?
1: Dwinguler Comflor Baby Play Mat, I wish i got one of these sooner
Baby Play Mat (my review)
2: Merino Sleep Sacks by Merino Kids to keep regulate there temp in cold to warm climate.
3: Baby Humidifier to help with runny nose, coughing ect.
Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:36 PM
1 Baby Love, by Robyn Barker (book)2. Save Our Sleep, by Tizzie Hall (book - didn't use til 6mths old)3. Bubberoo 1 tog sleeping bag.
Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:42 PM
2. Ergocacoon swaddles
3. Oricom respiratory monitor
Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:43 PM
1. Video monitor (I'd put this for 1, 2 and 3 if I could)
2. Our pram (worked well for us, Childcare Discovery from Target)
3. Cloth breast pads
Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:46 PM
1. Ergo cocoon wraps / love me up wraps
2. Cloth breast pads
Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:49 PM
1. Love to dream wraps
2. Ergo carrier
3. Safe t sleep to stop rolling around the cot
Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:49 PM
1. Digital video monitor (as PP mentioned, I would also put this as 1, 2 and 3)
2. All terrain pram - we have the Baby Jogger Summit 360
3. Soft mat by Bubba Mat - they are awesome..
Can I add No 4 - my Jason Lazyboy leather recliner for breastfeeding and rocking to settle
Edited by TaGB, 29 November 2012 - 06:58 PM.
Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:50 PM
Avent bottle warmer to warm food (don't like the microwave and try and avoid pots and pans as much as possible!)
good but very ugly breastfeeding chair (I don't think I would've stuck with it if I wasn't so darn comfy!)
Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:50 PM
1. Baby carrier (I have a few different varieties as it's something of a hobby now, but started with an Ergo)
2. Old fashioned cloth nappies - so good for a chucky babe, plus their myriad of other uses.
3. Video monitor.
Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:52 PM
ohhh..... and the safe T sleep what a lifesaver.
That's four now
Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:57 PM
1. Vicks humidifier - the only thing that would clear DS nose when he had a cold - would have had a nervous breakdown without it!!
2. My breastfeeding cover from the ABA shop - had wire in the top which kept it off my chest so i could look down and see how DS was attaching - great for super unco people like me
3. Love me baby swaddles with the zipper at the front - i was just so crap at swaddling - as per no 2. im totally unco!!
Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:59 PM
1. Fisher-Price Papasan swing.
2. Honeysuckle Sleep merino adult and baby sleeping bags (I'm a co-sleeper).
3. Braun stick blender (makes pureeing so easy).
Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:01 PM
Oh, definitely the humidifier as well for colds! I think mine is a Euky Bear one. That's 4 for me though, sorry.
Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:01 PM
Video monitor - best things ever. We still use one for 3yo DD, had to get a second for DS.
Sleeping Bags - excellent for babies that move all around the cot. Any cotton tog rated ones are great.
Borri cot - love the size, quality and one hand drop down side.
Edited by GrumpyTurtle, 29 November 2012 - 07:04 PM.
Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:03 PM
1) MCN (Bambooty & Ittis)
2) Wallaboo rabbit - he LOVES it
3) Musical mobile (daytime sleep lifesaver)
Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:10 PM
1. Angel care monitor
2. Cloth nappies for spills, vomit etc etc
3. Baby Bjorn carrier (the one with back support)
Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:12 PM
Hmm so far I'd say the Boori rocking cradle, Love to Dream swaddle and a swing (cheap one fromTarget).
Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:17 PM
1. Ergo carrier
3. Tripp Trapp rip-off highchair
That's probably all we bought apart from clothes and all have been incredible
Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:18 PM
1. Aden + Anais wraps - so soft and a good size, use them for swaddling, covering up when breastfeeding, pram cover etc.
2. Pram travel system with the capsule and adaptors so don't have to wake bubs up - also good for her to sit/sleep in when she had reflux.
3. For myself, bonds maternity singlets - pretty much live in them
Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:20 PM
1. Running pram (with hand brake on the handle and added suspension)2. Save our sleep by tizzie Hall3. Pea pods (non disposable nappies made from bamboo... Super cute and just throw them in the wash best money and time saver ever!)
Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:22 PM
1. video monitor (still using for 2 year old dd, so will need to buy another one for next baby)
2. love me baby wraps
3. rocking chair for feeding and settling to sleep
Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:33 PM
1. Steelcraft Agile Travel System with capsule
2. Childcare bassinet - very large - takes baby up to 6 months. Was great in our room rather than the big cot
3. Old fashioned cloth nappies - couldn't live without them with two chuckie babies. great for using on the change table too
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users
The government's childcare assistance package threatens to confuse and intimidate many parents, experts say.
Remember that chubby little baby who rocked on all fours? Remember how you wished he would start to crawl? Then remember how you felt once he did?
As the one-year anniversary of William Tyrrell's disappearance draws near, the missing four-year-old's parents have again pleaded with the public for information that could help bring their son home.
My memories of those nights in my childhood are all about fun: sleepover excitement, staying up late, watching movies we probably weren't supposed to watch ... freedom.
It was terrifying. As the minutes ticked by little Cooper Harrison's parents felt more and more frantic.
Some phrases just pop out before you really think about them, but there are some things you should try to not say to a new mum.
It is a paradise that only working parents of small children can understand: a place to sit for three hours without any interruptions while someone looks after the kids.
A few months after splitting from Sean Penn, the actress Charlize Theron has adopted a baby girl.
Facebook chief executive Mark Zuckerberg has shared a brutally honest truth about pregnancy in the hope it will help others through dark periods.
Children as young as 18 months are having multiple rotten teeth pulled out as parents feed toddlers soft drinks through sipper bottles, and chocolate biscuits and Milo as bedtime treats.
Many of us have fallen foul of a bad fake tan or two, but this little guy's started a bit earlier than most.
YouTube user Ted Moskalenko was filmed by his wife, Michelle, as his baby son, Ben, engaged in some baby chat.
Two children broke out of an early childhood centre and wandered across a four-lane road.
The phone calls started a couple of weeks ago. At about 5.30 each evening - if I am lucky - I will be greeted by a sweet, excited voice declaring: "'Allo Annie".
A newborn baby found abandoned and extremely ill in a bathroom in the Munich airport is doing well.
You sometimes have to wonder whether relationship/sex advice from magazines is designed to help or humiliate.
People used to think that social skills were something kids were born with, not taught.
Lately I've been thinking about the caesarean stories and the brave women who birth their children with strength and beauty.
Scientists have calculated at exactly what age you need to start trying to get pregnant to have the best chance of realising your dream.
Differently abled child
Why are people so concerned for this happy child and his mother?
Get your free ticket to the Sydney Essential Baby & Toddler Show for September 25-27 - register online now.
Top 5 Articles
When it comes to two-year-olds and birthday cakes there are a few requests that are usually at the top of the list. But a cake featuring a local personal injury lawyer?
When we become mums, our instinct to protect our children and keep them safe from harm is so strong we're often likened to a Mama Bear protecting her cubs.
There are no guaranteed ways to avoid the dreaded winter illnesses completely, but there are ways we can boost our children's immunity.
After giving birth, the last thing you want to think about is contraception. But you can get pregnant before your period comes back.
Jade Beall usually chooses to breastfeed her son, now 3, in private. This week, however, she shared portraits of her breastfeeding her preschooler.
Your schedule is not important to your two-year-old, and you cannot convince her otherwise. So what can you do?
It was 1am on a cold winter's night when I woke suddenly to the screams of my 12-month-old son. Our lives were about to change forever.
An Argentinian mum and politician has caused a stir on social media after being filmed breastfeeding her baby.
At 11.07am on April 2 this year, Sarah Marriott welcomed baby Sebastian into the world.
Not too young, and not too old. That's reportedly the best age to get married. Not everyone agrees.
Parents of toddlers everywhere know the feeling. After working up the courage to take your child out for lunch or dinner in public you are rewarded with a mid-meal meltdown.
Couples using IVF may be able to choose the gender of their babies and women could be financially compensated for donating their eggs.
These kids' beds definitely fit the brief of providing personality and personal space for little people who are moving up in the world.
Since becoming noticeably pregnant, my son has taken more of an interest in the sibling he'll soon have.
In this age of political correctness, it seems the one subject still subject to discrimination is that of the Only Child.
So far, 206 Samsung washing machines have caught fire and some have exploded. But many remain in people's homes.
We all know that having a baby can turn your life upside down - and it can also bring a raft of new anxieties and worries.
Two children were killed when pieces from their Malm furniture line tipped over.
Is it safe to use fake tan, hair dye and nail varnish during pregnancy?
I am in no way qualified to advise women on how to cope with hyperemesis, but I've learnt some lessons that might be worth sharing with other partners.
The truth is, I can no longer deny that my walking, babbling, somewhat-independent little miss is no longer a bona fide 'baby'.
Get your free ticket to The Essential Baby & Toddler Show and save $20 - register online now!