THANK_YOU EB MEMBERS THANK YOU EB!

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 citylife

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:43 AM

Hi there
I haven't done this before and really wanted to so:

I scroll through posts and topics and I have read the good the bad, the ugly, read disagreements, fights, b**chy comments, sarcastic comments, concern, worry, kindness, help, read stories of saddness and stories of heartache, stories of happiness and secrets, etc etc and .............

I would like to say THANK -YOU to EB MEMBERS AND EB!

Why you may ask?
Well whenever I post a question etc I always have a reply, whenever I need help or advice I get it.
Recently I have messaged a few EB members re different topics and those members have been NOTHING but AMAZING!!!!! They have been so helpful, kind and friendly, they have gone out of thier way and taken the time to reply to me and really at the end of the day I am just an Internet random who they don't know, who they will never meet IRL and who don't know anything about me.

I am grateful to everyone who has ever answered my post, or asked me a question or replied to a message and I just want to do a random act of public kindness and say THANK YOU!!! I REALLY APPRECIATE IT!!!!

Feel free to share the love if you like and thank EB it is the time for giving and EB members are giving throughoutb the whole year original.gif

#2 missjoads1234

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:48 AM

I think EB is nothing short of amazing either  wub.gif

I've met some amazing people from here (you know who you are!) and have recieved so much support, more than i have IRL!

I also feel blessed i've met a close girlfriend from EB who unforunatley lives a state away, however i've made a trip up there this year and she is due to arrive down here in a week!  eexcite.gif  hheart.gif Stained  hheart.gif

#3 citylife

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:52 AM

Thats great missjoads! Enjoy your time with your friend original.gif

#4 JustBeige

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:02 AM

citylife,  thats the great thing about EB.  Whilst it does sometimes have a 'hive mind' about certain things, most members are incredibly supportive and show that support in so many ways.    

Its nice that you have been given a taste of that and that you have taken the time to feedback why its been so important to you original.gif

Edited by JustBeige, 29 November 2012 - 07:48 AM.

#5 charlottesmum04

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:33 AM

I know i couldnt have gone through my pregnancy without the support of my DIG.

#6 Mercurial

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:42 AM

I agree there are some truly wonderful ladies here on EB.  

I've had some wonderful advice from ladies with issues that I've struggled to get people to understand IRL (simply through lack of experience in the subject).  

I know there are tanties and tears at times and the odd b**chy comment but we're a mixed bag and sometimes you've just got to ignore the odd idiotic post.  True nastiness gets called on very quickly.  

I have learnt a lot of things on EB and it has made me more aware of different parenting styles and choices and therefore more understanding of people's choices.  

Keep up the good work ladies!

#7 CharliMarley

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:16 AM

I agree with all the comments and the b**chy comments seem to be less than they used to be, even in the recent thread of the Catholic Clergy and abuse. Lovely EBers.

#8 Therese

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:25 AM

EB is a wonderful community and I always love seeing the support that everyone gives each other hheart.gif

#9 Etienne

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:27 AM

I agree it's been a great avenue for additional advice and just reassurance when you need it most as you can discuss what's on your mind with other members who are experiencing what you are.

And it can just be some darn entertaining at times!  I don't think my maternity leave would've been quite the same without a regular check in with EB original.gif

I think it's amazing that some members have made great friendships IRL also.

#10 EBeditor

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:30 AM

The generosity and kindness I see here every day makes me so proud to work for EB  hheart.gif

#11 Allie_D

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:01 AM

Beautifully said OP!  I don't know what I would have done without EB whilst going through all our TTC issues.  And I know that it will continue to be a great support when we start AC next year.

It is a pitty that some people seem to come on here just to cause trouble, but the majority are super friendly and always full of helpful advice!

I've even made a great friend IRL through EB biggrin.gif

#12 MrsDamonSalvatore

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:45 AM

it is a pretty amazing place original.gif

#13 Mummytoyou

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:51 AM

Totally agree,  Just recently posted in a panic when ds had an allergic reaction to a bee sting and got such good advice which I followed (off to the chemist for the anti-histamine, took pics for GP etc) none of which I would have known otherwise.
Had wonderful advice over the months with concerns I have had over ds' speech - he is now starting weekly speech therapy sessions beginning in Feb.
original.gif

#14 Cancerian Moon

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:58 AM

I've been meaning to post the same topic: during a time of great trouble I've been touched and amazed that people on EB will take the time to read, thoroughly analyse my situation and come up with some amazing advice.
You are compassionate, clever, knowledgable and hilarious!

#15 fruitbat72

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:59 AM

I love EB - I discovered it when PG with DD2 and it has been a godsend.

I tend to lurk a lot  ph34r.gif but I love reading about other peoples lives. There is such variety in the women (and men) on here that I know that I will get an answer from someone regarding something random.

I confess my favourite is the venting board - nothing makes me feel better than a completely petty rant about fluff when I KNOW I'm being a spoiled, indulged princess and a vent in RL will make me look silly.

Even DH now tells me to ask questions on here

#16 PurpleNess

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:04 PM

Yep I love EB, it helped me so much when TTC and every day since.  So much information, so many people willing to offer advice and even just a cyber hug to those who need it.

I tell all my friends about EB :-)

#17 Guest_Maybelle_*

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:35 PM

Pretty much the minute I joined EB my life went to hell.  I don't think that I could have made it through to the other side of a pretty awful few years if it wasn't for friends made here, and advice from strangers.  I am still waiting for things to get better, and I am still grateful for y'all.

#18 bakesgirls

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:39 PM

What a lovely OP. I also think EB is a great place original.gif

#19 Bwok~Bwok

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:01 PM

Yep it's a great place - even after my divorce and was single (no children) -  I still got ALOT of support here.

#20 SophieBear

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:19 PM

I agree OP!

I'm only a newbie, but as a first time mother to be and completely new at this, I have learned so much! I feel like I may be a competent mother  blush.gif

The opinions of people on here are so helpful. I think most don't understand how many people will read their topics or replies and how much it can influence a person, IYKWIM.

I'm very addicted!!

#21 Chelli

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:00 PM

I've been lucky enough to meet some absolutely wonderful people through EB, so I'm glad I stumbled upon it back in 2001 happy.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Britain's youngest parents: mother 12, father 13

A 12-year-old schoolgirl and her 13-year-old boyfriend are believed to have become Britain?s youngest parents, after the birth of their baby girl earlier this week.

When Prince George met Bilby George

Prince George has met an Aussie marsupial named after him in his first official engagement in Australia.

Asphyxia link another piece of the SIDS puzzle

An Australian study has uncovered information which could lead to a better understanding of why babies die from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.

Pregnant woman dies after doctor removes ovary instead of appendix

When a UK woman went to hospital suffering appendicitis, doctors mistakenly removed her healthy ovary - with tragic consequences.

The milestones I can't wait to celebrate

Nothing can beat the feeling of witnessing that first smile, first step and first word - but here's a list of 'firsts' I'm really looking forward to now.

How you develop in your baby's first year

Just as babies undergo rapid growth as they learn and change in their first year, we?re learning and changing quickly as parents, too. Don?t underestimate the developmental stages you go through when you have a baby.

Can you make your baby smarter even before birth?

A product new to Australia claims to help babies be born "as intelligent as possible", but not all experts agree on the benefits of educating babies while still in the womb.

How a mother's love helped unearth the skills of an autistic savant

Autistic savant Ping Lian Yeak, a prodigious artist who has had his work shown all over the world, couldn't have done it without the support and love of his proud mum.

Rescue dog Zoey and BFF Jasper star in adorable pics

Photographer, self-professed "crazy dog lady" and mum Grace Chon takes photos of rescue dog Zoey and her 10-month-old son Jasper together. The results are just too cute. See more on Instagram @thegracechon.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

A tiny heart: a baby?s death gives life to another

Simon Alexander Garcia lived only one brief hour. But somewhere, a little girl?s heart is beating today because of him.

Ear piercing: what age is best?

What is it that shapes our opinions on what?s an 'appropriate' age for our children to get their ears pierced? Parents share their views on how young is too young when it comes to piercing.

Why is childbirth still such a pain?

The options given to women to help them cope in labour have barely changed in years.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win the brand new phil&teds vibe

Check out the good looking new release of the Vibe 3 and the Verve 4-wheeler inline strollers. To celebrate their release, we have a Vibe with double kit to give away.

Baby sleep

From birth to one year and beyond, read about baby sleep, soothing techniques, routines, and sleep school experiences.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

7 tips for a kid-free trip, not a guilt trip

Although I?m jumping out of my skin to take my child-free holiday, I?m dreading the goodbye. But I?m determined to make the most of it without tarnishing it with guilt or sadness about leaving the kids.

Itchibubs: clothes for babies and toddlers with eczema

Parents of children who suffer from eczema will know only too well the scratching that occurs around the clock. A new clothing range aims to help make everyone more comfortable.

Ear piercing: what age is best?

What is it that shapes our opinions on what?s an 'appropriate' age for our children to get their ears pierced? Parents share their views on how young is too young when it comes to piercing.

Caring for kids helps grandmothers stay mentally alert

Looking after grandchildren can help grandmothers ward off brain disease - but it's also possible to get too much of a good thing, researchers say.

Why I loved my third home water birth

After two water births at home, I was determined to give birth to my son the same way. I just hoped this birth would be quicker than my last two.

Revealed: 7 ways food marketers try to trick consumers

If you?re confused by food labels, you?re not alone. Next time you?re shopping for food, look out for these seven common labelling tricks.

'My mother-in-law found out our baby's gender behind our backs'

My husband and I mutually decided that we didn?t want to know our baby's sex before the birth, but his mother couldn't handle that.

Free Printable Activities

Keeping little hands busy

Free printable acitivity pages like colouring in, cutting, word finders, mazes, maths activities and puzzles.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.