Regards

Ali

#2 Krunchie29

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:09 AM

Gold!!

#3 Nellie1083

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:23 PM

Hi guys!! Hope everyone is well!!

Just wanted an opinion. I used Clomid last month and fell pregnant the first try! I'm feeling so nauseated and tired and sleepy and emotional and weepy..plus i feel like my belly is so bloated ori feel and look like i'm 3 months preg rather than only 5 weeks 5 days.

Do you think 6 week scan is too early? I'm dying to know that everything is normal and looking good. And also to check for one or two babies seeing as Clomid has a high rate of multiples.

Or do you think i should wait it out to 8 weeks instead? I hate all this waiting..just want to fast forward time haha!

Thanks x

#4 IVF Baby

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:42 PM

6 week scan is a regular thing for us IVF muma's.  If you used Clomid through a FS, then possibly they will be alright with doing a 6 week scan?  Can't hurt to ask.

#5 Nellie1083

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:15 PM

QUOTE (IVF Baby @ 28/11/2012, 01:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
6 week scan is a regular thing for us IVF muma's.  If you used Clomid through a FS, then possibly they will be alright with doing a 6 week scan?  Can't hurt to ask.

Thanks IVF Baby! Thats good to know. I actually got given Clomid from my FS (well i had to beg her for it because she was pushing us to IVF and had said there was no point even trying clomid), so i fell pregnant on the first go and haven't been back to the FS, just been going to my GP instead.

But good to know a 6 week scan would be normal for IVF. Will book it in for late next week then..least i'll be closer to 7 weeks lol.

Is a heart beat heard in a week 6 or 7 scan?

#6 Rolex

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:20 PM

It's not even just IVF pregnancies.  It is quite common to have a scan at 6 weeks as a dating/viability scan.  I had mine at 6+5 after multiple miscarriages.  Yes, you should see a heartbeat - maybe aim closer to 7 weeks if you can.  Mine for this pregnancy was at 6+5 and we had a HB of 139.

#7 VJs Mummy

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:49 PM

Definately aim closer to 7 weeks  i know how much waiting is a pain, but will be all worth it in the end, i havent had a scan as of yet but i do have to see dr next tuesday so not that long away then she will be doing my referal for the hospital etc,
How is everyone ?
Me not so well so over feeling like im going to puke i never had this feeling with my other kids, think if i did i wouldnt have had anymore lol, all boys main thing i got was tired, adn 2nd boy could only eat dry food and maccas coke my daughter i threw up constantly with,  and this bub has me stuffed lol, i wake up feel like im going to be sick im not sick arghh all day i feel like throwing up smells are now getting to me also i hope by 12 weeks this is gone i have no idea how i will cope otherwise lol

#8 trainingwheels

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:11 PM

Hi ladies,

Brand new member, and brand new mum-to-be. I actually had a peek a few weeks ago but thought it was too early to join and that I'd probably jinx myself, stupid, huh!
I had my first OB appointment last Friday and we got to hear a heart beat for the first time. Wowsa!!! Up until that point hubby & I were still shaking our heads & wondering if the missed period, breasts of angry lava, epic fatigue and nausea were in our (my??) imagination, LOL! It still doesn't quite seem real. Except for when I want to puke of course. I don't have an exact (if you call it that) due date as yet b/c OB couldn't get a reliable crown-crump measurement in that U/S, so I have to go back next Fri for a re-scan. if I was a 28 day person it'd be end of June but I'm more like a 40 day person, so safe to say probably about 7-8 weeks at present.

Looking forward to meeting you all online and sharing wisdom biggrin.gif Quick straw poll, how many of you have told family (parents, siblings) by this point? We've told our parents so far, and if it hadn't been for logistical issues may have waited longer. Problem is it's getting very hard to keep it in the bag with the silly season approaching and suspicious people watching your every move. Or drink, in my case!

Have a great day everyone!

#9 Nellie1083

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:38 PM

Thanks Rolex and VJs Mummy, i will aim for the latter end of 6 weeks. You're right hard waiting but im sure totally worth it!! So excited!!

I am also feeling the dreaded nausea that rears its ugly head morning, noon and night, But in a way i'm just happy to be feeling any thing! original.gif

Hi trainingwheels, Congrats on your BFP. We shared the good news with my mum, dad and sisters and DH family too. Oh and i told my boss as i had only told him literally the week before we'd have to go through IVF. Seeing as he was so lovely and supportive, i felt bad not telling him, as he would have been worried etc. I cant wait to tell everyone else but i guess the "right" thing to do is wait till 12 weeks. Hmpf..seems like forever away! original.gif

#10 Snugglepot77

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:41 PM

Hi trainingwheels - welcome and congratulations, look forward to travelling along this journey with you!!

I can totally agree with the telling parents thing - DP's parents happened to be here in Sydney (flown from Perth) to meet my parents (been hard logistically to get them together this year!) as DP and I are getting married in February! The day just seemed too perfect not to mention....!!

I have also told my 4 best girlfriends as there is no way they would believe me not drinking in the silly season....!!!

I work in events so it's tricky for me at work too as we are constantly attending industry events etc - so far I have told everyone that I am on a really strict wedding diet to lose a couple of kilos (i think i may actually lose weight this first trimester by not drinking at all so this story may just stick ok with my colleagues, but my bosses won't believe it I don't think...) I am also worried about attending the event set-ups and not wanting to lift anything etc with this being our busiest time of year. Because of that I am think of telling my 2 bosses soon (I work for a small company and I am very close with them) so that they don't put me on events that require any of that and that they hopefully then keep my stress levels down!!

Has anyone else thought about telling work?

I hope your days have all been fabulous and MS free!!!!

#11 Snugglepot77

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:46 PM

Oh and Nellie 1083 I'm booked in for my scan at 7W3Days and it's so hard to not book it in for earlier.... I'm so impatient!! But trying original.gif

Good luck with whatever week you decide!

#12 Nellie1083

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:53 PM

QUOTE (Snugglepot77 @ 28/11/2012, 04:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh and Nellie 1083 I'm booked in for my scan at 7W3Days and it's so hard to not book it in for earlier.... I'm so impatient!! But trying original.gif

Good luck with whatever week you decide!

Hey Snugglepot77, It is so hard to wait isn't it! haha! I will be 7 weeks next Friday, so realistically we'll get an ultrasound appointment Friday evening or Saturday morning. So i guess i will be 7 weeks on the dot or 7 weeks + 1 day. original.gif

Oh and congrats on the wedding!! very exciting year coming up! original.gif

#13 Snugglepot77

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:16 PM

Nellie1083 - I'll be 7 weeks (i think!!) next Sunday so we are very close by!

Have you chosen and booked a Ob appointment yet? I'm going through the thought plan of that at the moment as I only just had the GP results yesterday from HCG etc.

Sorry to hear you feel nauseous sick.gif i have been lucky so far to escape that so far!

Hey a quick question for everyone - from what I can tell from my research on the net, Miso (fresh paste) seems ok during pg - is this what everyone else has heard too?

Thanks!!

#14 trainingwheels

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:18 PM

Thanks girls!

Snugglepot77 I am sooo with you re: friends & work drinkies, this is what's killing me at the moment! Not sure how long we can keep up the charade of me driving so DH can enjoy a few. I have 2 work Xmas parties this week with 2 different employers, one of which is a close friend of ours, gaahh! In the cruellest of ironies, my other employer has finally thrown the party on a Saturday night when I don't have to work the next day. The last 2 years I've had to suck up the monster hangover at work the next day. Now I must sound like a total booze hag, LOL! I'm not particularly missing the alcohol (although would be lying if I didn't admit to the occasional pang for a chilled glass of bubbly), but my um, jovial past is clearly about to bite me in the bum big time, LOL!

I really can't see any way around these guys finding out this weekend, so I've decided to at least make sure my family & closest friends know before anyone else. To complicate matters one of my sisters is also pregnant & her baby shower is on next weekend. Is there a mum-to-be term for bridezilla? I only ask b/c she actually was a bridezilla and the familiar signs are cropping up again unsure.gif . I'm expecting her to accuse me of stealing her thunder ahead of her big moment. Sad really, maybe I underestimate her and she'll just be happy for us, who knows!

Anyhoo, I'll stop chewing your ears off.

Till next time biggrin.gif

#15 VJs Mummy

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:20 PM

Trainingwheels - Congratulations on your BFP and look forward to getting to know you over the next 8 months, I have told 6 people including my DF lol the other 5 are some of my closest friends, i will not be telling my family till after xmas so will be back in sydney and have to try and hide it till then as have to see my family at xmas,

Snugglepot - That definately has to make it had but makes it good if you have good bosses

#16 trainingwheels

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:23 PM

Oh and congrats to all of you too, duh!

Re: Miso - fresh paste is safe, just keep it airtight & refrigerated, etc etc.

Anyone tried gingernut biscuits for nausea? I think they actually do work!

xx

#17 jemsoli

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:28 AM

i have been so slack posting in here. that said i havent been posting much on facebook either (in any groups, not just ours)

nellie i would try and hold out for 7 weeks if you can. i think the heart starts beating in the 6th week. is this your first bubba?

training wheels congrats on your pregnancy! we have told (or i should say I have told) sooooo many people. my parents know, only cos my mum was trying to put lice stuff in my hair lol. but thats the only family that know. i have told both my 09 and 11 mums groups and pretty much any friends i see haha. we will tell ILs prob on friday. maybe tell your sis early, but make it VERY clear it is to be kept secret as you arent telling anyone else. hopefully she wont find out til after her baby shower lol.

snugglepot its great you have an excuse for not drinking.

economist lol i am scoffing anything i can get my hands on. i am still soooooo hungry all the time.

afm not a whole lot been happening here. have a busy few days. this morning we have DD1s preschool orientation (and i am hoping like mad i dont cry - lol i am emotional at the best of times but when pregnant its terrible! i cried in the car the other day thinking about the name labels for things i would need to get) tomorrow morning (10:15am) we have our first OB appointment and scan, then tomorrow afternoon we have a wedding then saturday night DF and i are going on a date night! ILs have the kids friday night and my parents will have them saturday night. soooooooo excited for date night, we havent had a date since i was pregnant with DD2 almost 15 months ago! not doing anything exciting, just dinner and movie but still... a little worried with DD2 being away overnight 2 nights in a row - she has only had one sleepover before.

feeling pretty ok here. the nausea was really only bad for a week and has eased off (still there but tolerable), though i dont know if that is due to the B6 i take as soon as DD2 has finished her morning breastfeed. still a bit tired, but not completely exhausted like some of you other ladies. it all seems a bit too easy this pregnancy.

#18 Nellie1083

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:06 AM

Snugglepot77- How exciting!! I booked in with the Hospital we're going through and have my first appointment on the 3rd Jan with an OB. There's so much to take in! Luck you...nausea and tiredness has hit me hard this week! sad.gif All apart of the ride though! original.gif

jemso Yeah i will definitely try hold off till 7..(so hard)..and Yes it is our first bubba!! So exciting! Good luck on your scan tomorrow! Date night sounds amazing!! My hubby has been in Vegas this week for work, but arrives back tomorrow..cannot wait to see him..a week feels like forever when your an emotional hormone raging preggo!! original.gif

#19 tommygrl77

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:32 AM

Hi everyone

jemso - goodluck for your daughter's preschool orientation. Hope you hold it together  smile1.gif

trainingwheels - congrats on your BFP. I have told my DS2's mothers group and one person at work but it is top secret until we go to the OB for our 7 week scan next Thursday.

I have no idea what sort of reaction I am going to get to my news. Most people are going to be totally shocked. I have been very vocal about not wanting any more kids, and I don't cope all that well with the 2 that I have already. I'm another PND mum, and am quietly freaking out about a recurrence through this pregnancy and beyond.

Off to my GP tomorrow to tell her my news and get my OB referral, I've never done bloods etc before so am assuming I won't be doing that this time either. I will probably get a referral back to the psychologist I saw earlier this year to start talking about coping strategies up front. I can already feel the overwhelmed feeling coming back a bit so want to be as proactive as possible. PND is horrible.

What else, umm, its my birthday today and I am turning 35. Does this make me a geriatric mum?  tongue.gif

Penny

#20 jemsoli

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:41 PM

penny HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! and lol, 35 isnt old.

nellie wow you are organised booking in your hospital already!

i am so impressed with DDs preschool. she loved it so much she chucked a tanty when it was time to leave. hope thats a good sign for next year. lol, and i did get a bit choked up when we first walked in and one of the staff was talking to us but i swallowed it and all was good haha. came home, had a nap, got woken cos i had a weird, weird dream and DF telling me he is going out tonight, probably overnight. normally i would care, but all i can think is KFC for dinner!

#21 Tamzin1984

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:51 PM

Jemso, why did you have to say that about KFC? Now I want it too!!!

#22 JuliaD

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:26 PM

Hi All,

I'd love to join your DIG. I really hope I'm not jinxing myself!
Bit about me: this is my 1st baby but 3rd pregnancy - I am hoping for 3rd time lucky after 2 miscarriages this year. I am booked in for my 1st appointment with my GP on Monday, so fingers crossed all tests are good and I will also be referred for an early scan - I will be nearly 6 weeks (EDD by my calcs of 30 July) for my 1st appt so will probably be over 7 weeks by the time I get in for an us.

Just got back from a holiday where I found out I was pg again - totally had no idea this time and I was completely shocked by my BFP - but funnily enough once I took the test all my symptoms ramped up considerably!
I'm quietly hopeful about this one - my symptoms are quite intense given I'm pretty sure of my dates, so while I'm suffering a bit from ms (already!!) at least its a good sign that my hCG levels are nice and high!

Looks so far like a relatively small-ish DIG, so look forward to getting to know you all and being on this journey with you! original.gif

#23 blueynat

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:30 AM

Morning all,

Congrats and welcome to the newbies.

jemso~hahaha I wanted KFC for lunch yesterday and it was so yummy since it was all freshly cooked and piping hot LOL. Must be the craving of the week laughing2.gif

nellie~WOW booked in already thats being organised. My hospital wont book you in until you are at least 12wks.

tommygrl77~Happy birthday for yesterday. No it doesnt make you a geriatric mum at all. Most ppl are going to be shocked when we tell them we are having a baby due to the fact I said I didnt want anymore. But with you at least you have started making the plans for a "just in case"with the PND

I am loving some of the excuses for not drinking over xmas. I'm lucky as I normally end up being designated driver so DP can drink his little heart out and I normally say I am having a few when I get home so people wont suspect anything in that way with me(plus I'm not a big drinker like I used to be)

The constant peeing has kicked in with me and DP thinks it's hilarious  mad.gif I have no idea how I'm going to hold on when I go for my u/s next week  laugh.gif

Is anyone else always hungry??? from about 4:30am i wake up starving

I will catch up on more personals later as my computer is having a moment and keeps freezing grrrrrrr. Hope everyone has a great day original.gif

Nat

#24 IVF Baby

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:12 AM

Always starving here too - infact 10am and I just had a chocolate bar!

#25 FERALfoxgirls

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:02 AM

Jemso, is it 3 or 4yr old kinder? We have our orientation for 4yo in a couple of weeks. DD is keen also, she knows both the teachers and has friends who are siblings from DD2's Primary school, so hopefully lots of familiar faces helps her setlle in. So much easier when they are happy to be there!!

JulieD, what good news! all your symptoms sound promising .. welcome original.gif

Tommygrl, i don't think pregnant at 35 could be called geriatric, i hope not anyway!! wink.gif

Blueynat, yes starving all the time.. and waking up in the night for the loo also. All good signs, but still a pain in the butt!

Certainly feeling pregnant this week, I havn't really ever actually spewed in any of my pregnancies, but im feeling on the verge and dizzy more often. Can't wait to not feel lethargic first thing in the morning, It's all i can do to stop thinking about going to bed!
Counting down to my 12wk scan now, only about 3 wks to go   wink.gif

Edited by foxgirls, 30 November 2012 - 10:03 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Special offer: The Baby & Toddler Show 2014

At The Baby & Toddler Show, you?ll find everything you need to get ready for your new arrival and guide you through the early weeks and years of parenting.

The words I hated hearing as new mum

It was less than a week after my son was born that I first heard it - from my mother.

To the pharmacist who sold me baby formula

On the rare occasion I catch sight of you at school, or around town, I think back to our earliest exchange. I?m sure you have no recollection of it at all.

Babies may benefit from autism therapy

Children showing signs of autism don't usually receive early intervention until well into toddlerhood or later, but a new study suggests infants with symptoms of the developmental disorder might benefit from therapy from as early as six months.

Knatalye and Adeline born with an everlasting bond

Knatalye Hope and Adeline Faith are a lot like any other identical twin girls, but there is one dramatic difference: they're joined at the chest and shares several internal organs.

The question this dad wishes he'd asked his wife

I should have seen that my wife wasn't the same person I'd fallen in love with, but we were both too focused on simply trying to get by.

Why we should talk about the deaths of the Hunt children

The deaths are too horrible even to think about. Yet we owe it to the children - Fletcher, Mia and Phoebe Hunt - to think long and hard about it all.

Baby dies of meningococcal weeks after vaccine application denied

A six-month-old girl has died from meningococcal disease just weeks after an application for government funding of a vaccine for the most deadly strain of the virus was rejected.

Finding the right balance when playing with your kids

Being too involved in our children?s play and not allowing our kids enough free time for unstructured activities can mean our kids miss out on the value that play offers.

Creative DIY light shades

The Pop Light light shade comes in a flat pack already made - it's up to you to design it as you'd like.

The battle of iParenting versus imagination

Have we forgotten how to be imaginative, resourceful parents?

Why movement is so important for your baby's growth

Letting your child move as much as possible in the early years ? using all senses, engaging in the real world, preferably outside ? will help them grow up healthier, smarter, calmer and stronger.

Video: Toddler not keen on clean-shaven dad

This little girl thought she was taking part in a standard game of peek-a-boo, but her dad had a surprise for her.

When will I feel like myself again?

At some point I became 'me' again, but not the same me that I was ... and that?s not a bad thing.

Our Watch: ending the national emergency of domestic violence

An ambitious new national initiative aims to address the "national emergency" of domestic violence across Australia.

Decrease in stillbirths in late pregnancy and older mums

There has been a fall in the number of stillbirths among some groups of women despite the overall rate remaining stable, a new report reveals.

My baby was permanently injured during birth

My baby was a few months old when we first heard the term ?brachial plexus birth injury? and the heart wrenching news that he may never gain full function of his arm.

Being a yo-yo mama is the rhythm of motherhood

A flip-flop happy-sad can occur in the same minute, the same second. And it continues forever, throughout a yo-yo mama's tenure, beginning with pregnancy.

Is it okay to ask for money instead of gifts?

First it was weddings. Then it was engagement parties. Now it seems christenings are following the trend of asking guests for money in lieu of gifts.

Crash testing new parenthood

The new documentary series Crash Test Mummies & Daddies takes a fly-on-the-wall look at the first months of life with a newborn.

Itching for a solution to eczema

Around 30 per cent of children live with eczema every day. A dad shares his son's story and gets advice from an expert.

Video: The challenges and joys of making new mum friends

This hilarious video shows how making new mum friends can be awkward - but reassures that it is possible.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Special offer: The Baby & Toddler Show 2014

At The Baby & Toddler Show, you?ll find everything you need to get ready for your new arrival and guide you through the early weeks and years of parenting.

Win a House of Magic prize pack

To celebrate the release of the new movie House of Magic, we have 10 double passes and magic sets to give away just in time for these school holidays. Enter Now for a chance to win!

Losing yourself to motherhood

While watching your baby grow into a unique little person is exciting and wondrous, the intensity of meeting everyone else?s needs can ever so sneakily overtake your own needs for self-care.

Tearing during delivery: the facts

Almost all women will experience bruising, grazing or tearing after a vaginal birth. Depending on the degree of tearing, there are various treatments available.

6 tips for a day out with a baby and toddler

Outings can be lots of fun with the kids, but there are inevitable challenges. Here's some information about days out to help you be a little more prepared.

Why I invited a dozen people to watch my son's birth

I sent invitations on burgundy scrapbooking paper stamped with a field of poppies, and told each person why I wanted him or her there. I warned that there would be nudity.

Getting labour started: tips for a natural induction

When your baby?s due date comes and goes without so much as a pop - let alone a bang - it can be disheartening. Mums and a doula share their stories of natural inductions.

7 mistakes old hands make with new babies

As I sat across the table from my friend ? me, a seasoned mother of three; her, a brand new mum ? I thought of all the mistakes an old-hand parent can make when visiting a newborn baby.

That's my boy: a dad's diary of the first 4 months

Unbearable anxiety, unspeakable joy, constant exhaustion and bouts of frustration ... The many shocks of first-time fatherhood resound in a dad's diary of his son's early months.

One of the most important things a new mum can do

Finances may not be as cute as a newborn, but with many women?s working arrangements changing post-baby, monetary matters need attention too.

'I wanted a heart over the i'

After naming her other daughter Princess Tiaamii, glamour model Katie Price needed a special name for her new baby.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Reader offer

2 FOR 1 TICKET OFFER

For Shopping, For Advice, For Baby & You. Enjoy a special day out with fabulous shopping from over 200 brands, leading parenting experts offering advice on a range of topics, and amazing children?s entertainment

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.