Kogan thermoblend

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 SkyeMummy

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:39 PM

Hi all,

After browsing the Kogan site and getting the microscope deal mentioned I saw their version of the thermomix Kogan Thermoblend.
I could not find any reviews for it as yet - any chance anyone has one or seen it in action.
For $229 could be worth a try no??
Free 12 month warranty or pay for extended ones
Specs are there but I have no idea how they compare to thermomix
It doesn't say enough detail about what it does, just a sort of general overview

http://www.kogan.com/au/buy/thermocook-all...ocessor-cooker/

#2 tomaudsmum

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:29 AM

I bought one last night  ohmy.gif

For $250.00 including shipping.

Delivery 20 December~ it looks like a complete copy of the other one. I will review it once receive it.

#3 SkyeMummy

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:01 PM

Me too Tomaudsmum! Same delivery date - we can compare notes

#4 ~Jot~

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:15 PM

I've been looking for some reviews, will be watching to see what you think ladies! original.gif

#5 pinkpineapple

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:20 PM

I'm interested too. Please let us know.

#6 puddina

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:16 AM

Just bumping this
Any reviews on this product yet?

#7 Lalliana

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:23 AM

I've been looking at this too so I'll be very interested to hear some reviews once they are available ph34r.gif

Edited by Lalliana, 22 December 2012 - 11:24 AM.

#8 SkyeMummy

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:17 PM

Hi,

I have had it delivered and set up but haven't done very much at all with it yet. Partly due to the time of year and partly due to the fact that they do not provide any kind of recipe book to follow in regards to temperatures, times and speeds. The manual is online on the Kogan site only (you can print it out). Manual provides very little info re HOW to use it (how long to cook things for, what attachment to use etc)
I have sent Kogan an email to see if they can provide anything like this.
I borrowed a thermomix recipe book from a friend today and made mashed potato (exciting I know.....) according to that and it turned out pretty good if a little bit 'gluey' but that was my fault in the way that I did it. My friend said it appears very similar to TMX.
There are a lot of attachments and extra bowls etc which is plenty of room to steam different layers of things at one time.
I will be trying tmx recipes in the next week or so and see how it goes. If Kogan get back to me with recipe suggestions that will be good too.
I am looking forward to sussing it out a bit more, I think it will be quite good when I get the hang of it.

#9 forus3

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:45 AM

Keen to see feedback on this as well. Noticed target have their Bellini one advertised in the boxing day sale junk mail.

#10 scarfie

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:23 PM

This is in their Boxing Day Sale.  Just bought one for $199, hope it is ok.  Looking forward to the ease of using it.  One of my friends has a Thermomix and swears by it, so hopefully this is just as good.

#11 Mung bean

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:37 PM

I haven't used that machine BUT I cannot speak highly enough of Targets Bellini.

They are on sale as of tomorrow I think for $279 and there is a facebook group called bellini addicts for rip off thermo users if anyone is interested.

Edited by Mung bean, 24 December 2012 - 07:38 PM.

#12 SkyeMummy

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:24 AM

Ok. So I made a few things using TMX recipe book.

Sticky date pudding and sauce - really really good

Homemade lemonade - worked really well, taste was not spot on but that is my fault with quantities

Apple sauce (needed to make this last minute as DD2 smashed the jar I had. Again worked really well and tasted good considering I just had normal red apples to use.

So far TMX recipes have been fine and very easy to follow. Clean up is soooo easy and everything is quick, you can do other stuff while the machine does its thing. Very happy at this stage - still waiting to hear back from Kogan re recipes

#13 Three Of Hearts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:47 PM

I have been so so tempted to buy one of these.  I've gone to hit the buy now button a couple of times now!  The thing that is stopping me is:
  • I have a top of the range mixer (with dough hook, beaters etc)
  • I have a top of the range blender
  • I have a top of the range food processor
  • I have a cheapish stick blender
  • I have a bread machine
Basically I already have everything this product does, but without the heating side of things.  I love the idea of chopping and cooking soup all in the one pot etc but my predicament is do I really need one, and if I get one of them does it automatically make the thousands of dollars spent on the above products a waste?

Do other EBers out there who have one of these types of machines still have all the other appliances as well?

#14 feral strawberry

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:45 PM

Am also trying to decide between this and the Bellini.
We are a family of 5 so i assume both would be an ok size for us?

#15 pinkpineapple

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

I just bought the Bellini. Figure it's easier to return if something went wrong. If u get a Bellini male sure you get the newer model, both are displayed and same serial number.

#16 feral strawberry

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:51 PM

I was thinking the same thing pinkpineapple.

How can you tell which is the newer mocdel?

#17 feralisles

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:57 PM

Hi Wild Strawberry,

I used my sister's thermomix when I was visiting, but I wouldn't buy one.  We made soup - it was easy, quick and delicious, but wouldn't have been enough to feed my family of four except as an entree.
I think the other brands are pretty similar in size, so doubt they would be adequate for five (unless of course you eat a lot less than we do!)
If they made one with a much bigger jug I might be tempted...

#18 HeroOfCanton

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:58 PM

QUOTE (Allie_D @ 27/12/2012, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have been so so tempted to buy one of these.  I've gone to hit the buy now button a couple of times now!  The thing that is stopping me is:
  • I have a bread machine
Basically I already have everything this product does, but without the heating side of things.  I love the idea of chopping and cooking soup all in the one pot etc but my predicament is do I really need one, and if I get one of them does it automatically make the thousands of dollars spent on the above products a waste?

Do other EBers out there who have one of these types of machines still have all the other appliances as well?

this is me too - we've also got an ice-cream maker.
I'm drawn by the idea of not having to chop stuff (I hate onions!!) and being able to chuck it all in at once, but I don't know if I can justify another appliance...?

Any advice as per quoted post?

#19 frozie

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:16 PM

QUOTE (Allie_D @ 27/12/2012, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
  • I have a bread machine

I have had a Thermochef for over a year now and use it at least once (but usually a few times) everyday.  I also have a Kitchenaid, a Bamix, a rice cooker and a food processor.  These things haven't seen the light of day since I got my Thermochef.  The only other thing I use now is our pizza oven for our 'takeaway' nights.

#20 item

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:21 PM

I bought the kogan model a few posts/days ago lol

Not a cook, but will post back here once I've used it a few times.

#21 WinterIsComing

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:40 PM

Anyone has a top of the range blender, like Vita Mix? Looking to purchase a rip off model from the Australian blender Optimum http://www.froothie.com.au/store/optimum-9200

I wonder if those are better for blending/liquidizing than those multi function machines?

#22 Three Of Hearts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:08 PM

QUOTE (frozie @ 27/12/2012, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have had a Thermochef for over a year now and use it at least once (but usually a few times) everyday.  I also have a Kitchenaid, a Bamix, a rice cooker and a food processor.  These things haven't seen the light of day since I got my Thermochef.  The only other thing I use now is our pizza oven for our 'takeaway' nights.

That's what I was worried about!
Does it upset you that all those appliances are now redundant, or do you love your thermochef so much it doesn't matter anymore?

#23 frozie

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:33 PM

QUOTE (Allie_D @ 27/12/2012, 09:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's what I was worried about!
Does it upset you that all those appliances are now redundant, or do you love your thermochef so much it doesn't matter anymore?

It doesn't upset me in the slightest that they aren't getting used.  TBH, I didn't even want a Thermochef.  DH was the instigator as he is a chef and uses a Thermomix at work.  He chose the Thermochef as it is based on the previous Thermomix model which is what he grew up using on France.  BUT.. Now I have it, I would miss it so much if it was gone.  I make so much in it and it really has opened up a whole new world of food for me and I am making things I would never have thought of before.

#24 ~ppp~

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:44 PM

-

Edited by knowsnotmuch, 01 March 2013 - 04:28 PM.

#25 frozie

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:02 PM

QUOTE (knowsnotmuch @ 27/12/2012, 09:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Choice just reviewed the thermochef, thermomix and Bellini

The thermomix got 90% for cooking performance

The Bellini got 87% for cooking performance

(Thermochef was in the 60-70 range from memory).

80% for the TC..  Each machine has its pro's and cons.  

http://www.choice.com.au/reviews-and-tests...n-machines.aspx

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

A mum's tragic battle against inflammatory breast cancer

At just 37 years of age, with two young sons, Vicki was diagnosed with inflammatory breast cancer. Now her family wants all women to know the symptoms.

The business of babies around the world

Pregnancy and birth is an intriguing process no matter where you are in the world. One soon-to-be father gleans wisdom from a new guide.

Finding a positive path through IVF

It’s not surprising that IVF is often seen as a negative journey towards the ultimate positive, but having a glass-half-full approach can make a big difference to the experience.

Giving strangers the gift of parenthood

A mum explains why she and her husband are choosing to gift their leftover embryos to help strangers achieve their dream of parenthood.

Does morning sickness get better or worse with each child?

Just as every baby is unique, so is every pregnancy. And that means morning sickness can vary a lot, too.

What's so wrong with looking 'mumsy', anyway?

Why is it that the word ‘mumsy’ has connotations of such a negative nature – but seems to be the only other option apart from ‘yummy’?

Trying to speed up the inevitable

As the waiting game of late pregnancy continues, this mum considers a few things that might hurry things up a little.

One month later: where is William Tyrell?

It has been a little over a month since William Tyrell disappeared from his grandmother's home, 33 long sleepless nights for his family as they mourn the absence of their cheeky young boy.

Winter's child less likely to be moody: study

Babies born in the summer are much more likely to suffer from mood swings when they grow up, while those born in the winter are less likely to become irritable adults, scientists claim.

Single mum of two creates award-winning baby app

Suddenly single with a baby and an 11-year-old son, Tara O?Connell developed an app to improve the lives of mothers who were similarly overwhelmed.

Food for thought: looking after yourself as a new mum

As soon as your baby enters the world, everything else takes a back seat - even the necessities of daily life such as eating are severely compromised, right when you need energy the most.

'Grabbable guts' campaign aims to cut toxic fat

The Live Lighter campaign will take people inside the human body to show the internal dangers of being overweight.

The best and worst month of my life

A new mum's first month of motherhood didn't pan out as expected when she lost a family member weeks after her baby's birth.

Facebook and Apple offer to pay female staff to freeze their eggs

Facebook and Apple are hoping to provide women with the freedom to build their careers without the added pressure of having children at or by a certain age.

How a pregnancy contract could work for you and your partner

The idea of making a 'pregnancy contract' with your partner may sound a bit silly at first, but it can help make the transition to parenthood a lot smoother.

Finding a mum-friendly personal trainer

Burping babies vs burpees – yes, new mums and personal trainers live in different worlds. But they can work together - once you find the right match for you and your lifestyle.

Alleged baby snatch incident a ?misunderstanding?, say police

Police say that an incident in which a man pulled on a woman?s pram while walking a popular Sydney route late last month was a misunderstanding.

Ebola killed my aunt and is shutting down my country

Three weeks ago, my auntie, a midwife, developed a fever. Sitting here in Sydney basked in Australian sunshine, that shouldn't be big news.

The night my ovary burst

One mum shares her frightening experience and vows to never take her health for granted again.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

16 parenting truths you won't find in the baby books

I am five years into this parenting gig and I’ve learnt that sleepless nights and changing dirty nappies are child’s play.

Best and worst potty party cakes

It's nice to celebrate a child making the shift from nappies to 'big kid' undies, but do we really need a semi-realistic used toilet cake to do it? Here are some of the best and worst cakes parents have used at 'potty parties' around the world.

7 tips for a financially festive Christmas

Plan ahead - and do it now - to ensure festive season expenses don't break the bank.

'Go the F*** to Sleep' author's new book for frustrated parents

A sequel is coming soon to the 2011 hit book 'Go the F*** to Sleep' - and this time, it's about mealtimes.

Great birthday party buys from Etsy

Handmade crafts to decorate and personalise your child's next birthday - from banners to cake decorations, we've got gorgeous party finds from Etsy.

Creative storage ideas for the kids' rooms

Creative and practical storage ideas for the kids' toys and books can also add some stylish decor to your home. Visit babyology.com.au for more stylish modern finds for hip kids & parents.

The 'yucky' illness that took over my life

I have a chronic illness nobody likes to discuss, as it involves toilet talk. But it needs to be talked about.

To the mum in the doctor's waiting room

Maybe the mum I saw in that waiting room, seemingly disconnected from her baby, doesn’t have the support she needs.

10 space-saving nursery ideas

Starting a family doesn't always mean moving into a bigger house - not yet, anyway.

What's in a name?

Baby Names

Looking for a classic name, or an unusual name? Our Baby Name Finder is for you, search or browse to refine your shortlist.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.