#1 Forum Moderator

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:37 PM

New thread time ladies.

Here's the link to your old thread.

Cheers,
~Mintie~

#2 kez71

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:46 PM

Congrats Pilar. I kept popping in to see when you had your baby! Glad life is good for you!

#3 Pilar Palabundar

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:09 PM

Hey Kez, thanks so much....  sorry I forgot to congratulate you too, am I correct your nearly 20weeks?  All the best for the safe arrival of your little one.

Hi Chloe, thank you!  Yeah quite a journey alright,....... more than worth it in the end.

#4 Pingyrat

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:26 PM

Yay Pilar eexcite.gif I've been wondering about you and your little bundle. So glad all is well and you are so happy.

#5 Pingyrat

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:29 PM

Oops! Double post huh.gif

Edited by Pingyrat, 26 November 2012 - 08:33 PM.

#6 minidiamond

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:34 PM

pilar pilar where is the post about your bub ???????

Off to find it ...

Hi to all the lovely naughty forty ladies, hope you are doing ok.

#7 minidiamond

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:42 PM

Chloe massive congrats on the birth of Emma - same b'day as my Mum, that is just fabulous news.

Pilar, glad too your little bundle arrived safely, 7 weeks along now, I hope all is going well.

Ladies, I'm sorry I don't have time for any other personals, little monster (now 16 weeks) had a bad afternoon but the silver lining was he gave me his first proper chuckle.  

I hope this comes across okay but I would second Pilar's situation - I was 42 at EPU, 43 at birth of our first gorgeous bub and will be 44 in April.  My OB and FS have both told me we'd be fine to try for a second, not sure I've got it in me, but it definitely can happen.  And Luci was similar I know.

Love & good luck to everyone, I'll come back soon and post properly....

#8 kez71

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:45 PM

hi Pilar. I was 21 weeks yesterday! I have the anatomy scan in 9 days. Excited to find out if its a boy or girl.

Chloe, congrats on the birth of your sweet Emma!

Liltuss, wow 16 weeks already! I bet the stresses just melted away when he giggled!

#9 146 Lucina

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:38 PM

Chloe, - huge congrats on the birth of darling Emma. Is Lily loving being a big sister?

Pilar, - and a massive congrats to you too, on the safe arrival of your hub.

Kez, - Good luck with your morph scan, how exciting for you.

Hi Liltuss. Yep I was the same 43 EPU, 44 birth. 45 now and trying for #2. And on that note, my FS wasn't that optimistic last week. Even though the scan at CD11 seemed all was good, he said he didn't recommend me doing IVF again, whilst quoting stats, at which time I zoned out. Called WDA's office to ask some questions. Even his nurse quoted stats (blah blah blah), but said he would give me a go, then said his first available appointment will be May next year. So that's out!
I'll wait till my AMH results come back, then I'll see what options I have then. In the mean time I'm about 3 or 4 DPO so wish me luck in my 2ww. I would love to get a bfp so I could shove it in all the statistic slinging peoples faces.

Hi to everyone else.  waves.gif

Luci...

Edited by 146 Lucina, 24 January 2013 - 07:32 PM.

#10 Water_lily

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:14 PM

Oh Lucy. How rude? I have to say I am not getting lot of encouragement from our families too.

#11 Pilar Palabundar

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:12 PM

QUOTE (Liltuss @ 26/11/2012, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
little monster (now 16 weeks) had a bad afternoon
  Oh how cute, your little one is a Lady GaGa fan already Liltuss wink.gif  All is well thanks, bub has his odd bad day with wind/colic, but we get through it to have another great day.

Thanks Luci.  Don't listen to the doomsdayers (Collette Dinnigan anyone...) We got the.. "you have a 3% chance of success lecture" back in 2010 and my FS gave me the donor egg speech after many failed cycles, but my sheer determination (and stubborness) resulted in our baby boy.  Maybe WDA could put you on a cancellation list?  Good luck and let's hope you don't need it in any case.

Hey to everyone else.

#12 Hoping4a2012baby

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:53 PM

Chloe, congratulations on the birth of your beautiful daughter Emma.  I am so pleased for you.  Your posts are always so inspiring & lovely to read - you really have been an inspiration.

Luci - all the best with TTC naturally so hopefully you won't need IVF.

#13 halby

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:05 AM

Woohoo I am officially in the Naughty Forty group now. Had my birthday on Friday along with a bfn but you get that.........So I hope you dont mind me popping back in here, I used to just pop in sometimes but now I really can belong.....

Congrats to all those expecting, and all the new mums enjoying their babies.

Luci I hear you and hope that you can stick it to them and their statistics. Last night on the news they were saying that women in there 40's are more and more having babies, and so getting a little over the stigma of how hard it is, and it may not happen. blahblahblah. I am lucky that my FS is the opposite and very optimistic about my chances. I wasnt sure if my DH was happy to move forward and try again next year, but from what he said after my result I am guessing I will get a chance at atleast one more stim. Either that or he is just hoping I will get over it.....NOT going to happen.

#14 146 Lucina

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:24 PM

Hey Halby, - Happy Birthday,and Welcome to the Fab Forties! Sorry about your BFN! Was that from a FET? I'm guessing from what you said, your freeze all stim cycle wasn't a success. - I'm really sorry to hear that. I'm glad your FS is encouraging though, it makes a difference. I would have loved to see that news story. I might try look it up on the net.

Thanks waterlily, Hoping, and Pilar. Pilar, so sorry I congratulated you on the safe arrival of your hub LOL. Of course I meant bub  original.gif.

I did a test this morning and got a BFN, but it's still a little early (10 or 11 DPO) so the proverbial fat lady hasn't sung yet. However I do feel like she's warming the vocal chords in her dressing room. I've got some mild cramping atm.

Hi everyone. Hope you are all having a nice week.

#15 146 Lucina

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:15 AM

Halby I found this article. Was this the story? If not, it's a good read anyway.

UK daily mail article

P.S. AF today, ho-hum  sad.gif

Edited by 146 Lucina, 06 December 2012 - 07:42 PM.

#16 Water_lily

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:35 PM

Happy birthday Halby and welcome to the group.

Luci- Nice read and sorry about AF.

Hi to everyone.

AFM: i saw a FS from Monash today. Got lot of hormones including DHEA. At 43, it is about 4% chance. MY GP told me not to waste money and be realistic about my chances.  cry1.gif

Not really sure what to do? Want a baby but faced with reality. Also may end up with a beard because of DHEA. Anyway I am not going to start anytime soon. If at all it is going to be in a few months. So it does not hurt to take them.

Edited by waterlilly, 06 December 2012 - 04:25 PM.

#17 Pilar Palabundar

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:47 PM

Hi Luci, no need to apologise for the 'hub' bub.... I knew what you meant, thanks tho.  Sorry about it not being your month.... ho hum alright.  Have you given any thought to another FS?

Welcome Halby...  sorry you are still trying for #2.  What a drag, this time last year we were all in the 2ww together (you, me and Liltuss)  wow that was a crazy month.  I hope 2013 is the year for you!

Hi Waterlilly, you may not become the bearded-lady on the DHEA, I took it for a fair while too, and the only side-effect I got was my eyelashes grew.  Yeah weird hey.  Pre-DHEA my eyelashes were short and fugly.   They aren't long anymore though, once I stopped they just sort of went back to normal.   Oh, that's right, I also had some pimples on my head too, they weren't too bad, though.

Hey to everyone else, have a great weekendxx

#18 Water_lily

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:25 PM

Thanks Pilar. Do you it helped?

#19 chloe69

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

Welcome Halby! Reading your signature.......Quite an IVF journey for you.....what determination you have to keep going!
Water lily - I took DHEA as well....no beard....a few stray hairs that I had to tweezer out....but I had those previously.....what else are you taking? melatonin?
I'm reading with interest the discussion on conceiving at 44 and 45.....I hope that there are lots of BFPs to prove the statistic wrong as well!
Chloe

#20 Water_lily

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:26 PM

Thanks Pillar and Chloe. I decided to take this even though DH is against it as he is worried I might get a beared.

Chloe I took 2mg of melatonin for my last cycle.  But I had four months off so I didn’t take it for the last month or when I started my stim cycle. The new FS said it most useful to take it 2 weeks before the stim cycle and stop after EPU. She has given me 4mg of it.

I am not ready to do a IVF cycle. I was not planning to do another one again. The FS I don’t have much time and I should start soon. I may do one in May. It gives me four months off. We plan to go on a family holiday then I can do after my hols. It might be too late as my FSH is currently on high side on normal. But whatever it is, it is. Fingers crossed things works out for us.

BTW Em. If you want to switch clinic you don’t have to do the police report again. Just have to transfer them for your current clinic.

Hi to everyone else.

#21 emski72

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:39 PM

Oh thanks Waterlily - that's good to know x

#22 146 Lucina

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:34 PM

QUOTE (chloe69 @ 09/12/2012, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm reading with interest the discussion on conceiving at 44 and 45.....I hope that there are lots of BFPs to prove the statistic wrong as well!
Chloe

What discussion is that Chloe?

#23 Jane002014

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:39 PM

was lurking and just wanted to answer Waterlilly - I was on DHEA for around 4 months and I have zero side effects (yes I read about the hair growth etc too).  So don't stress too much about it - good luck and I hope it helps - x

#24 Water_lily

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:34 PM

Thanks Jane. I remember you taking them. FS also mentioned using Menpur with Elonva.

#25 146 Lucina

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:28 AM

Hi Girls, Just a quick update from me. I have lots to do today, as I expect you all do too with xmas around the corner.

We will be doing another stim (antagonist) cycle in February. I will be starting the pill around the 5th of Jan, and FSH jabs will start on the 30th Jan (all going to plan).

We're using our old FS. Even though he doesn't recommend me doing IVF again, he will give me a chance at my "one last shot". As he said, "oh well, it might work - I didn't think it would work last time, and look what we have here!" Pointing at DS as he was climbing over the chair  wwhistle.gif .

I just couldn't get to two years down the track wondering if it would have worked... As they say - " It not what you did that you regret when you get old. It's what you didn't do!".

Have a great day everyone,

Luci...

PS, Julie, - I've been thinking of you. I hope you are OK.  bbighug.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Special offer: The Baby & Toddler Show 2014

At The Baby & Toddler Show, you?ll find everything you need to get ready for your new arrival and guide you through the early weeks and years of parenting.

The words I hated hearing as new mum

It was less than a week after my son was born that I first heard it - from my mother.

To the pharmacist who sold me baby formula

On the rare occasion I catch sight of you at school, or around town, I think back to our earliest exchange. I?m sure you have no recollection of it at all.

Babies may benefit from autism therapy

Children showing signs of autism don't usually receive early intervention until well into toddlerhood or later, but a new study suggests infants with symptoms of the developmental disorder might benefit from therapy from as early as six months.

Knatalye and Adeline born with an everlasting bond

Knatalye Hope and Adeline Faith are a lot like any other identical twin girls, but there is one dramatic difference: they're joined at the chest and shares several internal organs.

The question this dad wishes he'd asked his wife

I should have seen that my wife wasn't the same person I'd fallen in love with, but we were both too focused on simply trying to get by.

Why we should talk about the deaths of the Hunt children

The deaths are too horrible even to think about. Yet we owe it to the children - Fletcher, Mia and Phoebe Hunt - to think long and hard about it all.

Baby dies of meningococcal weeks after vaccine application denied

A six-month-old girl has died from meningococcal disease just weeks after an application for government funding of a vaccine for the most deadly strain of the virus was rejected.

Finding the right balance when playing with your kids

Being too involved in our children?s play and not allowing our kids enough free time for unstructured activities can mean our kids miss out on the value that play offers.

Creative DIY light shades

The Pop Light light shade comes in a flat pack already made - it's up to you to design it as you'd like.

The battle of iParenting versus imagination

Have we forgotten how to be imaginative, resourceful parents?

Why movement is so important for your baby's growth

Letting your child move as much as possible in the early years ? using all senses, engaging in the real world, preferably outside ? will help them grow up healthier, smarter, calmer and stronger.

Video: Toddler not keen on clean-shaven dad

This little girl thought she was taking part in a standard game of peek-a-boo, but her dad had a surprise for her.

When will I feel like myself again?

At some point I became 'me' again, but not the same me that I was ... and that?s not a bad thing.

Our Watch: ending the national emergency of domestic violence

An ambitious new national initiative aims to address the "national emergency" of domestic violence across Australia.

Decrease in stillbirths in late pregnancy and older mums

There has been a fall in the number of stillbirths among some groups of women despite the overall rate remaining stable, a new report reveals.

My baby was permanently injured during birth

My baby was a few months old when we first heard the term ?brachial plexus birth injury? and the heart wrenching news that he may never gain full function of his arm.

Being a yo-yo mama is the rhythm of motherhood

A flip-flop happy-sad can occur in the same minute, the same second. And it continues forever, throughout a yo-yo mama's tenure, beginning with pregnancy.

Is it okay to ask for money instead of gifts?

First it was weddings. Then it was engagement parties. Now it seems christenings are following the trend of asking guests for money in lieu of gifts.

Crash testing new parenthood

The new documentary series Crash Test Mummies & Daddies takes a fly-on-the-wall look at the first months of life with a newborn.

Itching for a solution to eczema

Around 30 per cent of children live with eczema every day. A dad shares his son's story and gets advice from an expert.

Video: The challenges and joys of making new mum friends

This hilarious video shows how making new mum friends can be awkward - but reassures that it is possible.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Special offer: The Baby & Toddler Show 2014

At The Baby & Toddler Show, you?ll find everything you need to get ready for your new arrival and guide you through the early weeks and years of parenting.

Win a House of Magic prize pack

To celebrate the release of the new movie House of Magic, we have 10 double passes and magic sets to give away just in time for these school holidays. Enter Now for a chance to win!

Losing yourself to motherhood

While watching your baby grow into a unique little person is exciting and wondrous, the intensity of meeting everyone else?s needs can ever so sneakily overtake your own needs for self-care.

Tearing during delivery: the facts

Almost all women will experience bruising, grazing or tearing after a vaginal birth. Depending on the degree of tearing, there are various treatments available.

6 tips for a day out with a baby and toddler

Outings can be lots of fun with the kids, but there are inevitable challenges. Here's some information about days out to help you be a little more prepared.

Why I invited a dozen people to watch my son's birth

I sent invitations on burgundy scrapbooking paper stamped with a field of poppies, and told each person why I wanted him or her there. I warned that there would be nudity.

Getting labour started: tips for a natural induction

When your baby?s due date comes and goes without so much as a pop - let alone a bang - it can be disheartening. Mums and a doula share their stories of natural inductions.

7 mistakes old hands make with new babies

As I sat across the table from my friend ? me, a seasoned mother of three; her, a brand new mum ? I thought of all the mistakes an old-hand parent can make when visiting a newborn baby.

That's my boy: a dad's diary of the first 4 months

Unbearable anxiety, unspeakable joy, constant exhaustion and bouts of frustration ... The many shocks of first-time fatherhood resound in a dad's diary of his son's early months.

One of the most important things a new mum can do

Finances may not be as cute as a newborn, but with many women?s working arrangements changing post-baby, monetary matters need attention too.

'I wanted a heart over the i'

After naming her other daughter Princess Tiaamii, glamour model Katie Price needed a special name for her new baby.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Reader offer

2 FOR 1 TICKET OFFER

For Shopping, For Advice, For Baby & You. Enjoy a special day out with fabulous shopping from over 200 brands, leading parenting experts offering advice on a range of topics, and amazing children?s entertainment

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.