#1 Forum Moderator

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:34 PM

New thread time ladies.

Here's the link to your old thread.

Cheers,
~Mintie~

#2 rosie28

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:11 PM

NSG- I found a link to a study on the technique- I'll post it tomorrow. It will certainly save time, which I'm all for particularly given that Christmas is coming! It can't be done with a thicker lining, but if we can save some time we may as well.

#3 rosie28

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:42 AM

Ok, this is the link for the stair-stepping study abstract: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19114272

I hope that works, I've never posted a link before!

I have a bit of thinking to do. I'll start 100mg tonight, assuming my FS gets back to me with my blood results, and we'll see how that goes. She has offered me 2 options if 100mg doesn't produc any results:

1. Do a couple of rounds of Clomid with metformin
2. Move on to injectibles (she hasn't given me any details on exactly what that would involve yet)

What does everyone think? Part of me thinks I should give Clomid/Metformin a chance, but the FS seems to favour option 2 in terms of getting a result. I suppose that's fair enough given I've not had one single follicle on Clomid so far (please 100mg, just work!).

I'm petrified of needles, I have a serious phobia, so the concept of having to give them to myself if daunting. I've only just gotten to the point of not hyperventilating every time I have a blood test. But if it gives us the best chance then that's what I should do, right?

Meanwhile, I'm all alone on this thread, come and join me!

#4 Lalliana

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:30 AM

Rosie I say go with what you feel comfortable with. If needles are an issue for you maybe the Metformin is the way to go, maybe even just one month to see how your body responds. If it helps though, the injectables are quite often through a pen which is tiny tiny and you barely feel it. I like you can't inject myself though so I had my partner do them for me.

AFM Still in my 2WW and lets just say my hormones are a little all over the place. I bit DH's head off last night and then this morning too. Poor guy, I know he understands my moods most of the time but it still can't be much fun for him. I'm feeling so damn tired too which isn't helping my cranky pants.

Where is everyone, it's been quiet in here. How is everyone doing?

#5 rosie28

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:37 AM

Lalliana - I know what you mean about the eratic hormones, my poor DH! And the tiredness is pretty overwhelming at times. Also, this whole process, even without added hormones, is just emotional, and takes a toll. Take care of yourself! How many more days of TWW do you have?

You've made me feel slightly better - if the injectibles are in a pen I might be able to cope, and I know my DH would do it for me if I couldn't. I was thinking of getting some EMLA gel to numb my skin - that combined with a pen might make it a viable option that doesn't result in me fainting/hyperventilating or otherwise freaking out!

I have the go ahead to do 3 days of 100mg Clomid, starting tonight. They do 3 days in the middle of a cycle apparently. I'll go in for a follicle scan on Monday.

#6 NSG

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:11 PM

Hey Rosie28, first of all thanks for the link! Second of all, I hear you on the whole "what's next" question. My FS has said to me that if 100mg doesn't work, then I can either go to 150mg or look at injections (thanks Lalliana for letting us know it is a pen!!)

Lalliana - fingers crossed your 2WW ends with a BFP. I know what you mean about moods. For some reason during AF this time I was sooooooo moody! It never happens to me, I don't get PMS or even cramps. I guess it is the Provera. Luckily the 100mg doesn't seem to be having any effect on me.

#7 rosie28

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:10 PM

NSG - I think I've decided to move on to injections. I feel sick thinking about it, but I'm sick of the rollercoaster already, and it feels like a more certain option. Perhpas we can start a support group for pin cushions!

I took my first 100mg dose last night, and had some odd hot/warm flush type things, but no other side effects. I kind of want side effects - at least I would know if was having some effect! 2 more days and then back to the FS for a scan on Monday.

#8 NSG

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:21 PM

Ooh, you may be a bit ahead of me there. I hear what you are saying about certainty but I hate needle sooooooo much! I like the idea of a support group for pin cushions though :-)

You're right, having side effects would at least give me some sense of something working. I am on my fourth day of Clomid at 100mg and nothing...... the last couple of days of Provera were terrible but hey presto, it worked!

My scan is next week to see if I have ovulated..... I am just praying it works and I don't need to think about anything else.

#9 rosie28

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:08 AM

Clomid done for this cycle! I was extremely teary and emotional yesterday, no idea if that was a side effect or if this whole thing just makes me teary and emotional. Feel a bit better today though, so far!

I'll start up a support group if I go the needle-route - I'll need it! Serious needle phobia...thinking about it makes my palms sweat!

Hopefully, NSG, 100mg is our lucky number, and we won't need to worry about it. My scan is on Monday, but I understand that to be to check follicle size, not to see if I've ovulated. BD week/fortnight starts today though!

#10 NSG

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:57 PM

Oh yep, meant to say the scan was checking whether I would/likely ovulate.... fingers crossed for both of us!

#11 rosie28

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:04 AM

NSG - I'll cross everything for both of us. Even my toes!

I have a feeling 100mg hasn't worked for me. Not sure why, I just feel negative about it, despite really trying to stay positive! I hope I'm wrong, will find out at 1pm today.

#12 rosie28

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:31 PM

Well I have one 8mm follicle on my left ovary. Today is CD11 on this new stair-stepped cycle, so while it isn't terrible, it isn't a great result, and my FS wasn't very positive. Still, I have to go back next Monday (CD18), for another scan to see what, if anything, is going on.

If this cycle is a bust I'll be moving on to injectibles. Come on little follicle! GROW!

Where is everyone else up to?

#13 Poseidon768

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

Hey everyone, I have posted a handful of times in this buddy group.  Understandably, I'm still a stranger around here but I was still hoping to hear some of your experiences nonetheless.  

So, I've gone through 2 rounds of 50mg Clomid - both of which I did not ovulate.

Last cycle was 100mg and I O'ed CD19, unfortunately did not get 'knocked up' by DH (I had to use something other than BFP, I've been feeling lazy with how many acronyms that I use nowadays, hehe).

So, naturally, I'm anxious about whether it will work again this time.
I have 'lean PCOS' also..
anybody else have a similar experience?
Did the Clomid work again on the same dosage the second/third time trying?
etc etc.  Just want to hear some feedback from women who are ahead of the curve than I am.

I really appreciate your time.
Cheers,
Andrea

#14 Jessie_T

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:10 PM

Hello clomid buddy!!!! Mine randonmly worked at 100mg, one month we thought yep we have the correct dose and the month after that I didn't ovulate. S all I can suggest, is if they think you are on the correct dose still get blood tests. He was going to let me go for a few months but then he said nah I rather see you regularly to make sure ovulate. So glad he did, otherwise I would still be on the 100mg whilst it only randomly works, hence why I am now 150mg. Last month I ovulated original.gif ended up in a bfn but I feel I am one step closer!

#15 NSG

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:30 PM

Rosie28 - oh, I hope you are wrong and the 100mg works so you can avoid injections, but at least you have the next step planned out just in case.

Poseidon768 - I will be able to tell you tomorrow how I go. The 50mg didn't work for me either but fx the 100mg does it's thing. Sounds like you are further with your journey than I am with mine though. I know how you feel about all the acronyms and abbreviations!

Good to know Jessietroy that you have to keep monitoring rather than assuming it is still working... awesome that the 150mg worked, hope it works again!

AFM, I have a scan tomorrow (CD13) to see how I am going. Hopefully all looks good.....

#16 Jessie_T

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:45 PM

Good luck nsg original.gif I hope the 100mg works for you original.gif

I always knew I was different hahahahahaha nothing works to plan with this ttc, but in jan I am getting my referral for fs so I can try clomid and injections. I would love to go now, but might as well give it one last try. I think I have been on clomid for way too long.....

#17 rosie28

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:29 AM

Hi Poseidon! 25 and 50mg did nothing for me, and it now seems that I have had "a" response to 100mg, although not a particularly good one. In my case my FS doesn't think upping my dose any further is a good idea, and wants to move on to injectibles instead if I need another round. I'm waiting until Monday to see if my one little follicle has grown.

I have lean PCOS, and apparently I'm atypical in many many ways. It isn't very comforting, and it is the reason my FS thinks a bigger dose of Clomid + metformin isn't the right option for me.

#18 Poseidon768

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:33 AM

Have you considered Femara rosie? Many PCOS women who are clomid resistant respond well to that...?

Might be worth raising with your doc if you feel uncomfortable with the injectables idea (I know I certainly freaked the hell out when the gynae said that that's what she would put me on if the 100mg didn't work).

Just don't feel ready to delve "too deep" into AC yet.. maybe I'm being silly/stubborn.  I just wanted this to be a process that could be as natural as possible I suppose.

#19 rosie28

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:39 AM

I have considered Femara, but my FS isn't a fan. She prefers injections because they can do tiny increases or decreases to the dose, and monitor carefully. I take her point on that. I'm petrified of needles at the best of times, so it won't be an easy process for me, but I'm impatient and Clomid is making me quite depressed, so I'm happy to move on if need be.

I know what you mean about wanting the process to be as natural as possible. I don't usually take much medication at all, so this is a huge leap for me, but one I don't seem to have much choice about.

Meanwhile, I don't seem able to stop googling CD11 8mm follicle results - I can't keep obsessing until next Monday!

#20 Poseidon768

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:25 PM

lol rosie - knowledge is power.. it also a terrible time-consumer which leads to endless Googling to confirm things that you want to believe are happening.
You're not the first to be Googling something so specific wink.gif original.gif should be a :halo: emoticon also.

That is also very fair RE FS's decision.  Very much a 'time to stop treating your body like a lab guinea pig' and lets cut to the chase.  
Are you using to OPKs to try pick up if that follicle is a winner? I'm just wondering if you'll O before CD18.
That won't be too much of an issue though, US can pick up if you've O;ed or not anyway.  Who knows, maybe you might even feel it?

When I Oed last month I had the most excruciating (if it weren't on my left side, I would have thought my appendix is bursting or something) pain in my left pelvis.  It was so demobilising and acute - I thought something was seriously wrong with me.  Anyway, that lasted 5 days.  .....This was only 'ovulation pain' haha.  Not that I'm suggesting you'll have anything as severe or anything like that, maybe just take extra careful note of the small things that your body is doing to hint that something different is happening.

(and, I would bet this is something you're already doing! Just thought to throw in a 'hey, look out for this!' friendly reminder original.gif )

Edited because jessie's sig answered my questions, haha woops. So no met this round for you then?

Edited by Poseidon768, 04 December 2012 - 12:28 PM.

#21 rosie28

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:53 PM

Yep - feeling very much like a guinea pig, and a bit too "special" at the moment. I'd like to cut to the chase, very much indeed!

I have no idea if I've ever felt ovulation pain - I was on the pill for 10 years before I went off to start TTC, and I haven't ovulated so far since going off it! I have had niggly little pains on my left side, which does correspond to where the little follicle is, so maybe there is something in that? Otherwise I just feel exhausted, but I've been ill, so that's to be expected.

I was using OPKs, but they're always half positive (so far anyway). I assume they would go fully positive and that would be my positive if that makes sense? FS says I just have high LH because of the PCOS and that will be screwing with the results. I've also just started temping, after my original start date was ruined by a really high fever and associated illness.

I'm sorry to hear you were in so much pain - 5 days is a very long time and you must have been very concerned - did your FS give any explanation for the dramatic pain level?

#22 Poseidon768

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:40 PM

Sounds like we're in the same boat with the elevated LH thing and the always half positive OPKs. *high five* ? heh
Also with the long term use of BCP and TTC immediately afterwards.  My first cycle was 159 and it was forced to be ended by meds, so who knows when my body would've decided to do something on its own.

Gynae said that I had something called a hemorrhagic cyst - which basically meant that the follicle that was developing was bleeding, hence I was experiencing so much pain.  Nothing to be alarmed about.  I was just so relieved that there was an answer to it all.

Hope you haven't Googled yourself completely into madness.  I bet you've read the same pages over and over at least twice now wink.gif original.gif
We all do it original.gif
"but I might find something different on it this time!!" hehe wink.gif

Have a good evening ladies.

#23 rosie28

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:03 AM

Poseidon - High 5 indeed! I was worried I had a dud batch, so I got my DH to do a test - negative, thankfully!

My first cycle was well over 100 days, can't quite remember how many, 6 months-ish, but it was ended with Primolut, and like you, who knows when my body would have done something? Perhaps never. I think that makes me lucky though, because we weren't intending to start TTC until September this year anyway, so I actually saw the FS before we were trying - I like to think that means I haven't wasted any time!

I'm trying to lay off Google for now - it isn't going to change the outcome! I'm going to keep telling myself that.

I'm having the odd pain quite low down on my left side - I wonder if my mind is playing tricks on me?

#24 Poseidon768

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:50 PM

Time will tell... It always tells us things later than what we would like. Somebody should write it a letter of dissatisfaction, though, even that probably won't change it's stubborn mind mad.gif

#25 rosie28

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:52 PM

Time will indeed tell - everyone I know thinks I'm very patient, because I'm in a profession that requies reading and detailed work, and I knit and sew. I'm the least patient person in the world, and I knit so I don't kill people!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

For and against

Should Blue Ivy have been at the VMAs?

Many were quick to condemn Beyonce and Jay Z after appearing on stage at the MTV Video Music Awards with their two-year-old daughter, but others thought it was a sweet family moment. What do you think?

Toddler attacked at gym creche

Two-year-old girl Eva Ness was left with a black eye and bite marks on her face and body after an altercation with an older child at a health club's child-minding facilities. Now her parents are calling for the centre to be closed.

Pregnancy a tricky matter of timing for FIFO couples

Manipulating rosters, coordinating 'conjugal' visits, working on site with your partner; getting pregnant can prove stressful for FIFO workers.

WIN a $100 RedBalloon for Dad

Enter now for your chance to win 1 of 5 $100 RedBalloon experience vouchers. Helping you make Dad's Day EXTRA HAPPY.

Carseats have twice as many germs as a toilet

Most parents know their child's carseat is not always squeaky clean, but they might not realise just how dirty it really is.

Doctors remove foetus from 'medical marvel' after 36 years

Doctors in India have removed the skeleton of a foetus that had been inside a woman for 36 years.

Nine months in six seconds: new parents' Vine clip a hit

We?ve seen some memorable time-lapse pregnancy and birth announcement videos before. Now one new couple has taken it to the extreme, capturing it all in just a six-second Vine video.

Sonia Kruger speaks of baby joy

Celebrity mum-to-be Sonia Kruger has spoken candidly about using donor eggs and IVF to fall pregnant at age 48.

Dressing to not impress: life through the eyes of a three-year-old

When it comes to getting dressed, my three-year-old has only one criterion: ?I don?t want to look beautiful.? And now I've worked out why.

Special nappies made with love for angel babies

Angel Baby Nappies make and provide tiny bereavement cloth nappies for pre-term stillborn babies and premature babies who pass away in the NICU.

Inside the brain of a tantruming toddler

What's going on in your child's mind in the lead-up to a tantrum? And what?s the best way to respond?

5 secrets to a long-lasting relationship

When it comes to keeping your relationship strong, it?s what you do - and not what you want - that really matters.

When 'furbabies' meet real babies

I am obsessed with my dogs, and can't imagine loving them any less once my baby arrives. But that doesn't stop everyone from telling me I will.

The least popular baby names of 2013

Looking for a baby name that?s nowhere near the top 10 ? or even the top 1000? Try the bottom five.

'I was so sleep deprived I crashed my car'

There are no laws regulating driving while tired, but statistics show that driver fatigue is one of the top three contributors to the road toll.

Why are there so few sexy maternity bras?

Rather than feeling ashamed of their post-baby bodies, women should be free to buy lingerie that makes them look attractive and pretty - no matter what stage of life they're in.

Toddler Alliyah one step closer to first trip home

She has lived the first 14 months of her life in a hospital intensive care unit, but Alliyah Broadby's parents hope to finally take their little girl home with them.

'Put people before IVF profits': IVF pioneer Alan Trounson

IVF could be done for hundreds of dollars in Australia instead of $8500 if clinics stopped charging what ''the market will handle'', a pioneer of the technology says.

Expectant parents urged to swap the pub for bub

Nearly one in five women drink while pregnant, but a current campaign is trying to drive down that unhealthy statistic.

Nutella supplies threatened by bad weather

There's bad news for fans of Nutella, the gooey, chocolatey hazelnut spread.

The cost of growing your own vegies

Does it make financial sense to grow your own veggies, or are you better off ordering produce from the local food co-op?

Breastfeeding mums less likely to suffer from PND, but all need support

A new study has shown the a complex relationship between a mother?s intention to breastfeed, her ability to do so, and postnatal depression.

Win back some precious time and get FREE coupons

Membership to eBay's Bubs? Corner is free and includes a $10 coupon to spend on nappies each month - a win for multitasking mums!

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win back some precious time and get FREE coupons

Membership to eBay's Bubs? Corner is free and includes a $10 coupon to spend on nappies each month - a win for multitasking mums!

Do you suffer from Precious Firstborn Syndrome?

Testing ?no more tears? shampoo in your own eyes, warming cucumber sticks so they're not cold straight from the fridge, waking a sleeping baby to check they?re still breathing: these are all symptoms of Precious Firstborn Syndrome.

Ezra's tragic death not in vain, mum says

Little Ezra was a "Harry Houdini" who loved trying to escape the family home. Now, after his tragic death, his parents are doing what they can to help others.

7 mistakes old hands make with new babies

As I sat across the table from my friend ? me, a seasoned mother of three; her, a brand new mum ? I thought of all the mistakes an old-hand parent can make when visiting a newborn baby.

Video: When adults act like children

Ever wondered what would happen if adults were allowed to act like children? This dad's hilarious video clip will give you an idea of what life would be like.

Mums hit hardest as flu cases skyrocket

The number of confirmed cases of influenza in Australia has doubled the number for the same time last year - and women are 25 per cent more likely to get it.

The mum who had four babies in nine months

Feeling exhausted due to the demands of caring for a baby? Imagine the life of this mum, who gave birth to three boys and one girl in just nine months.

Everything baby at Big W

Lowest prices on everything baby, only at Big W. Sale starts August 4 and ends August 20 2014.

Smiggle is painting the town red!

We have 3 Red Smiggle prize packs to give away! Enter by posting a photo of something red to your Instagram.

Going viral

Mum gives birth at school

After four decades in the industry, pest controller John Birkett couldn't believe what he found in one woman's bedroom.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.