• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 joolz

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:53 PM

Hi all,
Im after a nice pinot gris or sauvignon blanc for my DS's school teacher for her Xmas thankyou gift.
Any suggestions ( dont want to break the bank, either!!)
Cheers in advance,

#2 SkeptiFERAL

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

Boatshed Bay Sav Blanc - can get it around the $15 mark

Tupari Pinot Grigio (their Sav Blanc is okay) - a bit dearer at about $25

Pear Tree Sav Blanc - generally around $20

Or go for something nice with a quirky label - my favourite being Squealing Pig Sav Blanc at around the $15-$20

If you want cheaper, Peter Lehmann Pinot Grigio is lovely at about $12.

#3 ASDivine

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:56 PM

All of the above.

Edited by ASDivine, 01 December 2012 - 10:08 PM.

#4 sammyv

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:56 PM

Oyster Bay Sauv Blanc - currently having a glass now.

#5 KnightsofNi

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:11 PM

I am really enjoying http://m.danmurphys.com.au/product/DM_9037...-semillon#index at the moment.

I know nothing about wine though.

#6 SlinkyMalinki

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:19 PM

QUOTE (sammyv @ 26/11/2012, 05:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is one I enjoy too.

#7 Lucrezia Borgia

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:21 PM

T'Gallant Imogen Pinot Gris is very nice, about $18 a bottle...

#8 SkeptiFERAL

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:27 PM

QUOTE (Lucretia Borgia @ 26/11/2012, 07:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
T'Gallant Imogen Pinot Gris is very nice, about $18 a bottle...

I think they do the Juliette Pinot Gris too? It is also nice.

#9 Lucrezia Borgia

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE (skepticaemia @ 26/11/2012, 07:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think they do the Juliette Pinot Gris too? It is also nice.

Ooh thanks! Will keep my eye out for it!

#10 Shooz

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:32 PM

I agree oyster bay sauv Blanc is lovely.

#11 SkeptiFERAL

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:36 PM

For you, Lucretia

#12 Lucrezia Borgia

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:37 PM

Thanks original.gif

#13 BJBubbles

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:42 PM

Pizzini do a really nice Pinot Grigio

#14 SkeptiFERAL

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:46 PM

I blame this thread for my next Dan Murphy's mixed dozen.

#15 Lucrezia Borgia

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:51 PM

Ha! Tonight was meant to be my alcohol free night (doctors orders...sad.gif..) now I really want a glass!

#16 imamumto3

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE (sammyv @ 26/11/2012, 06:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

this is my fav.  wouldnt mind a glass now!

#17 LynnyP

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:14 PM

Primo Estate Joseph Pinot Grigio.  Gorgeous.

#18 vanessa71

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:43 PM

My favourite sauv. blanc is Secret Stone. I also like the Juliet Pinot Gris.

#19 i-candi

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:06 PM

When DS was in primary we bought a bottle of wine from the region he was born in.

We just got DD's teacher the same (she wasn't born in a wine producing region). Both kids sewed a Christmas material bottle cover (that was stressful part for me lol)

#20 PurpleWitch

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:55 PM

If you like Oyster Bay, try Lanas bike!

I'm currently drinking Watershed Sav Blanc. Yum!

#21 Le-a

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:06 PM

Please buy Aussie wines and support the Aussie wine industry!

If you buy a SB from a cool climate region from either the 2011 or 2012 vintage, you should be right. SB starts to look a bit daggy once its passed three years old. original.gif

#22 joolz

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:16 PM

Thanks Ladies, you are the best.
And those who mentioned T'Gallant - are you Peninsula girls?

#23 wonder woman

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:04 PM

It's a shame you didn't post sooner - during Click Frenzy, 1st Choice had 12 bottles of Fairhall Cliffs Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc for only $80!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

First look at Renee Zellweger in Bridget Jones's Baby

Bridget is now in her 40s and is a successful publishing executive - but also has a pregnancy to contend with as well.

Newlyweds send bill to no-show guests

Planning a wedding can be stressful – and, as most newlyweds can attest, it can be very costly, too.

Claire Danes: acting out postnatal depression was difficult

Actress Claire Danes found it difficult pretending to have postnatal depression in Homeland, as she had just become a new mother herself.

Sneak peek: Geleeo self-cooling pram & high chair liners

We just spotted Geleeo, a brand new self-cooling pram liner you can buy in time for summer.

The moment a 92-year-old meets her great grandaughter

It's a heart-warming photo this family will treasure forever.

How to prepare for breastfeeding when you're still pregnant

While every woman's breastfeeding journey is different, many hurdles are shared. Knowing what to expect will enable you to make informed decisions if - or when - you meet challenges along the way.

Sneak peek: new Love Mae bamboo dinnerware designs

We do love ourselves some brand new designs in tried and true products. The renowned bamboo dinnerware from Love Mae has just had several more members join the family, in addition to a brand new website.

Mum who killed paedophile gets reduced sentence

A mother-of-five who killed a paedophile has had her jail sentence reduced by a judge who described her case as a "truly exceptional" one.

Toddler's silent debate with mum about naptime

He might not utter a single word - but this toddler is having a great debate with his mother about nap time.

Silence is golden ... or is it?

Silence is golden, or so the saying goes. But when it comes to children, quite the opposite is true.

Awards 2015: Vote now for a chance to win $2000

Vote for your favourite pregnancy, baby and toddler products for your chance to win your share of $2500 in cash prizes.

Scientists identify potential birth control 'pill' for men

Two drugs that help suppress the immune system in organ transplant patients may have a future as the long-sought birth control "pill" for men, new research suggests.

Running for beginners: taking the first steps

It's that time of year when the weather warms up and there's more opportunity to get out and go for a jog.

Tips for turning yourself into a morning person

Mornings are a great time to spend time in reflection or to get outside and get moving.

Thousands sign petition for unborn babies killed by domestic violence

Almost 8000 people have signed a petition calling for a law to recognise unborn babies killed by domestic violence in NSW.

Pregnant Sarah Harris tells body-shamers to 'get stuffed'

Television presenter Sarah Harris has a message for anyone who tries to body-shame pregnant women or new mums.

In defence of 'brexting'

Mums spend literally hours a day with a baby attached to their boob, or giving them a bottle. Surely they don't all need to be spent looking at the baby?

How a fellow passenger made a mum's day on a flight

As any parent who has ever travelled with a baby knows it can be a daunting experience. The stares and attitude of unsympathetic fellow travellers only serve to make the journey even more stressful. 

What's hot on EB

Stella McCartney honours mum with lacy bra

Fashion designer Stella McCartney has honoured her late mum, Linda McCartney, by designing a special bra for post-mastectomy patients.

Don't panic: A granddad midwife's guide for dads-to-be

Mark Harris has helped deliver 500 babies. And he's now telling fathers what to expect.

How to be a calm parent when you're feeling anything but

Being a calm parent takes a lot of work, sometimes more than is obvious to those around us.

The joy and isolation of being a stay-at-home dad

It's cool, kind of like a second childhood. I love him to bits and think, on average, I'm an okay dad. But I also want to talk about the other stuff.

How baby Teddy's short life is helping save thousands of lives

He may have only lived for 100 minutes, but that didn't stop baby Teddy from saving the lives of others.

A heartbreaking trail of missed chances in death of baby forgotten in car

A haunting reminder to stay mindful about babies in cars, especially as we approach summer.

What to do if your baby has tongue-tie

Tongue-tie can cause feeding problems. However once it is diagnosed, the condition can be easily treated.

How to move house without losing your mind

Some people move frequently, while others like to stay put. But everyone finds it stressful.

'She had nowhere to go': how new mum's life began to unravel

The birth of her first child should have been happiest of times for Campsie mother Phuong Cao, but friends say it marked the beginning of when her life began to unravel. 

Women giving birth to a son keep some of his Y chromosomes

It was an experiment doomed to failure - they were looking for male cells in female bodies. And their search was stunningly successful.

Photos: How babies fit in the womb

A gorgeous photo series shows babies in the first hours after their birth - as they were positioned in the womb.

Baby tries to persuade stubborn bulldog to walk, fails

We don't know what he's saying, but this baby has a very clear message for his bulldog pal: let's walk - NOW.

The best toddler gift ever? Nine gender-neutral play kitchen picks

Without a doubt, one of the best gifts for a toddler turning two or three is a play kitchen.

9 easy steps to improve your baby photography

With a few simple tips you can take your images from random happy snaps to lovely clean images that create beautiful lasting memories.

What are your favourite baby products?

The Essential Baby Awards are on now, and we need your help! Have your say on your top picks and you'll go in the draw to win a share of $2500.

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.