#1 Feral Becky

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:40 AM

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/world/daug...2-1226523605074

#2 miinii

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:44 AM

hahaha so mean that its funny lol

#3 Bel Rowley

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:53 AM

Brilliant! The expression on her face, just perfect.

#4 Squeekums Da Feral

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:03 PM

Love it!

#5 Therese

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:04 PM

Hehe. I love it original.gif

#6 Soontobegran

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:09 PM

Funny but I would probably have gone into a panic if it was sent to me sad.gif

#7 MrsDamonSalvatore

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:10 PM

bahahaahah that is hilarious!

#8 greatwon2

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:14 PM

Really funny if the picture was all that was done , but making herself uncontactable for a week? that's just irresponsible and mean

#9 Ireckon

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:29 PM

That is funny! Of course if she TRULY were falling off the cliff, I have no doubt the first thing her boyfriend would do is take a photo  biggrin.gif

#10 JustBeige

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:32 PM

Funny picture.

Gone too far is what she did with her phone.

at least it would be for me.

#11 MrsLexiK

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:37 PM

QUOTE (greatwon2 @ 26/11/2012, 01:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Really funny if the picture was all that was done , but making herself uncontactable for a week? that's just irresponsible and mean

Yeah, it doesn't sit well with me at all. I think it was really mean and very immature.  The story the boy who cried wolf keeps ringing in my head.  I sent my mother a photo when I was overseas of just my tattoo and let her figure it out, I also phoned her from Singapore at 1am in the morning and started the call with "mum I'm ok but they are only giving me one phone call" I let her heart sink for a minute before I explained that the connecting plan never left Sydney due to workers strikes and Qantas had put me up in a beautiful 5 star resturant and could she possibly call the travel agent and find out what the hell will happen to my accom in Germany and start of my tour.  But turning off the phone and going to that further extreme is really mean IMO

#12 Cath-In-SA

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:42 PM

QUOTE (MrsLexiK @ 26/11/2012, 12:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I also phoned her from Singapore at 1am in the morning and started the call with "mum I'm ok but they are only giving me one phone call"

That is pure, evil GENIUS!

#13 Just Another Cat

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:42 PM

She climbed onto a ledge and pretended she was falling, WTF!

Am I the only one who thinks she is immature and it was a stupid, dangerous thing to do???

#14 riva99

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:10 PM

I think this may all be tongue in cheek.

She didn't climb onto a ledge. It's just the angle the photo was taken on. She was never in any danger.
She sent the pic, more than once, to more than one person, using her phone... Obviously she was OK.

She is 22 years old. Old enough to go to war, marry, have children, work and live away from her mother.
Not that long ago if a 22 year old went a week long holiday you might have gotten a post card and maybe a quick call from a pay phone.

She obviously felt the need to send a message to her mother to back off. The fact that she knows her mother would track her using GPS makes me shudder.

In some families that sort of pranking is totally normal.

#15 désir d'amour

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:19 PM

A step too far for an ADULT WOMAN to turn off her phone so her mother couldn't TRACK her whereabouts?

What are you, helicopter parents?

Childish, sure.  But if it saves the "FGS MOTHER, I'M AN ADULT" screaming conversation that was probably coming in the not-too-far future, I think quite effective.

#16 WYSIWYG

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:23 PM

If she fell off the cliff, why would she/the boyfriend send her mother a picture of her 'hanging' off the cliff? Wouldn't the mum think of that?
Not very well thought out. Sending the prank photo with "See mum, I'm fine" would be funny. What she did was so not funny and totally immature/stupid.

Edited by RunawayPrincess, 26 November 2012 - 01:53 PM.

#17 liveworkplay

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:24 PM

She sent the pic, more than once, to more than one person, using her phone... Obviously she was OK.

She is 22 years old. Old enough to go to war, marry, have children, work and live away from her mother.
Not that long ago if a 22 year old went a week long holiday you might have gotten a post card and maybe a quick call from a pay phone.

Exactly. I remember when we were on our adventures overseas that I promised to ring once a week, depending on which country I was in. Sometimes it was once a fortnight but I was under strict instructions that I must contact them once a month or else they would call in the search party laughing2.gif

#18 ResultsNotTypical

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:30 PM

QUOTE (greatwon2 @ 26/11/2012, 01:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think she turned her phone off - just the GPS tracker.

I think it's hilarious.

#19 Bluenomi

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:31 PM

QUOTE (NapCat @ 26/11/2012, 02:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A step too far for an ADULT WOMAN to turn off her phone so her mother couldn't TRACK her whereabouts?

Childish, sure.  But if it saves the "FGS MOTHER, I'M AN ADULT" screaming conversation that was probably coming in the not-too-far future, I think quite effective.

I agree. I'm more worried about a mother who feels the need to GPS track her 22 year old daughter than a adult turning off the GPS tracking on her phone. Maybe she and her boyfriend wanted to have a quick trip to Vegas without her mother knowing about it

#20 monkeys mum

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:36 PM

I didnt read the ohone got turned off just the gps so the mum couldnt track her.

#21 WYSIWYG

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:42 PM

QUOTE (Bluenomi @ 26/11/2012, 11:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree. I'm more worried about a mother who feels the need to GPS track her 22 year old daughter than a adult turning off the GPS tracking on her phone. Maybe she and her boyfriend wanted to have a quick trip to Vegas without her mother knowing about it

Something my parents would do to me, no doubt, if they knew how. Thankfully they don't.

#22 Oriental lily

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:47 PM

If I had a mum who felt she needed to be in touch everyday and keep tabs on my location at all times when i am on holiday then my phone would not even be taken with me!

Agree that a post card is enough to inform relatives at home your still alive.

Seems like this woman is cutting the apron strings and found a amusing way to do it.

Good on her.

#23 greatwon2

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:49 PM

Childish, sure. But if it saves the "FGS MOTHER, I'M AN ADULT" screaming conversation that was probably coming in the not-too-far future, I think quite effective.

Not a step too far to avoid her mother tracking her by gps , but after knowing her mum was worried about the canyon then sending that picture and THEN being out of contact ... that is a step too far in my opinion. A far better way to go about it would of been the "mother im an adult FGS" conversation - it's hard to treat people like an adult if they won't act like one

#24 SophieBear

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:51 PM

That's hilarious! I love it.

Mean? Hardly. I don't understand how someone having a laugh is childish. If so, I hope I'm always childish. What a boring life otherwise...

#25 Oriental lily

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:06 PM

Perhaps she knew her mum would be smart enough to quickly figure it out that boyfriends don't send photos of girlfriends hanging of cliffs and then send then to mum if there  was really any danger rolleyes.gif .

Give the woman and mother a bit more credit.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Share the little things that make you smile

We're giving away a Mountain Buggy nano, the ultimate travel stroller - and here are some of the great entries so far.

Toddler pleads for return of "stolen" nose

A two-year-old's reaction to a game of "got your nose" shows it doesn't take much to make a toddler cry.

The 15 photos new parents share (and five they don't)

From the first scan photo to the baby covered in cake at their first birthday party, there are 15 photos most parents seem to share - and some they don't.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

Breastfeeding friendly café goes viral

A photo of a breastfeeding-friendly sign in a cafe has been posted to Facebook and shared by hundreds of mums around the world.

First look at the Bugaboo Bee3

The newest Bugaboo Bee ? the Bee3 ? offers a variety of improved features, including a much asked-for bassinet and a rainbow of colour combinations.

Childcare costs, not paid leave, the real issue for parents

Given the choice between maintaining their wage for six months to have a child, or having a reduced rate of pay for a time but a better deal on childcare when returning to work, there are no odds on what most working parents would choose.

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

We lost three babies in two years

Our first pregnancy ended the way we all expected it to - with a healthy, happy baby in our arms. What a true blessing he was, for we were not to know the heartache we were about endure.

Family turned back from doomed flight MH17

'There must have been someone watching over us and saying, 'You must not get on that flight,' says mother who narrowly avoided boarding the Malaysian Airlines flight which exploded in mid-air over the Ukraine last night.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Adorable Skeanie loafers for kids

Your little toddler or preschooler can now get their nautical on with a new range of classic loafers by Australian show brand Skeanie.

My baby is hypermobile

For months, I have been telling myself not to worry that Jasmin isn't crawling or walking. This week I heard the term hypermobile for the first time.

When you don?t bond with your baby

They say that there is no bond greater than the bond between a mother and her child. But for some women, the mother-baby bond takes more time and effort to develop.

Yumi Stynes: Having a baby after a 10-year break

After a long break, Yumi Stynes gets a reminder of the pain - and the pleasure - of giving birth.

Grieving father asks for help to Photoshop his daughter's image

When Nathan Steffel's daughter Sophia died from a liver condition at just 6 weeks old, he reached out for someone to create a beautiful image of his little girl.

Raising kids in a 'low media' home

Can you imagine a life without TV or computers? Some parents are opting for a low-tech, screen-free life for their kids.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

Be careful what you say, your baby is listening

The importance of speaking to your baby even if they are not old enough to answer back has been highlighted by new research.

The beautiful moment a baby was born at the side of a road

It's not where she expected to give birth, but mum Corrine Cinatl is delighted that her daughter's roadside arrival was captured in a series of beautiful photos.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

The Nappy Collective starts new drive

It's that time of year when the dedicated volunteers at The Nappy Collective do their bit to help out mums and children in need - and they need your help.

Baby shower cake wrecks

From misshapen cake babies to questionable text, from odd colour choices to internal organ recreation, these are the baby shower cakes that taste forgot.

Photographer captures the beauty of adoption

The love of a family is usually tough to capture on camera. This is an exception.

Pregnancy progression photo ideas

Want to record your pregnancy as your belly grows? Here are some creative, fun ideas for photo shoots along the way.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Tin can craft and DIY ideas

Got a few old formula, Milo or coffee cans around the house? Use these fantastic upcycling ideas to create items for around the house and yard.

Dads meet their newborn for the first time

Emotional photos of two fathers meeting their newborn son have resonated with viewers worldwide, attracting thousands of Facebook likes and shares.

Skin safety isn't just a summer worry

Lax about the slip slop slap with your kids as weather turns cooler? Here's a reminder as to why we have to remain vigilant for our children?s future health.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Creative sleeping baby photoshoots

See how some parents and photographers have captured sleeping babies in unusual positions and using different props.

DIY kitchen and food hacks

DIY your way to a better kitchen and make cooking easier with our clever hacks. (Some content reproduced with permission from mashable.com.)

Winter warmers for babies and toddlers

Your baby or toddler will be nice and snug in these beautiful and fun winter pieces. Most are hand-made or knitted, and they're all designed to keep your little one toastie - and adorable!

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.