Your meal plan for this week?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Funnington

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:11 PM

I've just been pouring over the menu plans pinned at the top of this thread.  I love gawking at what others are having for dinner!

I'm getting so much better at organising our food shopping.  I've started Woolworths online and going to the greengrocer for fruit and vegies.  My menu planning is a little backward though - I buy the food and menu plan around that! rolleyes.gif

So, this week we are having:

Sunday: Lasagna and avocado salad
Monday: Chicken & vegetable curry and rice
Tuesday: Marinated chicken wings, homemade wedges and salad
Wednesday: Crumbed rump minute steaks with wok tossed potatoes and greens (with some type of sauce)
Thursday: Jacket baked potatoes with bacon, homemade coleslaw and grated cheese
Friday: Chorizo, red capsicum and a tomato based sauce with  pasta
Saturday: Slow cooked balsamic corned beef, cripsy roast potatoes, steamed vegetables and a dijon/parmesan cheese sauce
Sunday: Roast lamb, potatoes, sweet potato and vegetables (with gravy)

What's on your menu this week?

#2 Missmarymack

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:16 PM

That's a good looking menu!

We're having:
Sunday: marinated lamb leg steaks, Greek salad and potato salad
Monday: Thai green curry with chicken and vegies
Tuesday: sausages and salad and bread
Wednesday and Thursday: tuna pasta salad
Friday: pesto pasta

#3 Prime

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:58 AM

tonight: grilled snapper, pasta salad and green salad.
tues: pasta with some sort of chorizo and chilli sauce
wed: sausages and rissoles with salad
thurs: chicken schnitzel with mash and vegies
fri: fajitas and tacos
sat: roast lamb with vegies
sun: some sort of stir fry

#4 Lady Lovely Locks

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:08 AM

Now I'm hungry haha

#5 sophiasmum

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:24 AM

Mon - always spag bol
Tue - goulash & rice
Wed - creamy chicken & broccoli pasta
Thu - chicken pie & mash
Fri - sausage sizzle at Little Athletics LOL
Sat - DH cooks
Sun - DH cooks

#6 peking homunculus

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:51 AM

Sunday- BBQ Steak and Fatoush salad
Monday- Meatloaf, asparagus and roast sweet potato
Tuesday- Honey Mustard Chicken, rice, asparagus, broccoli
Wednesday- Corned Beef, mash, broccoli
Thursday- Meatballs, pasta, salad
Friday- leftovers

#7 citylife

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:17 PM

Sunday: last night was tacos
Monday: Pasta Bolognese
Tuesday: Marinated chicken fillets done on the BBQ with corn on cob, green salad and homemmade chips
Wednesday: Roast Pork with roast potatos, beans, broccoli, roasted carrots and gravy
Thursday: Pork snitzel with broccoli, peas, pumpkin asapagus and carrots
Friday : Home made fish and chips with salad
Saturday: Homemade souvalki
Sunday Homemade meat pie with salad

#8 *TikkaB*

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:55 PM

Last night was home cooked BBQ spit-roasted chicken marinated in Spanish spices with quinoa salad and red bean salad.

Today is potato and leek soup using rice as an aid to thickness and creaminess rather than cream or too many potatoes (as suggested in some other Jamie Oliver recipe) with fried lap cheong (Chinese sausage) and coriander. The 9.5yoDD is attempting to lick the plate despite saying she wasn't hungry 15 minutes ago. Yes, must me good, she's on her second plate.

Tuesday dinner at a family member's home (vegetarian).

Wednesday Jamie Oliver's chicken baked in milk.

Thursday a made up as we go (my 9yo DD and me) type of lacksa soup with noodles, mushrooms, bamboo shoots and greens with both fried and soup cooked fish balls (for added texture).

Friday a date night dinner for me :-) out somewhere cheap and cheerful.

Saturday is likely to be something thrown together from the freezer, but then again my brother (flat-mate) is planning a BBQ roast pork - so who knows.

#9 aratiaw

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:17 PM

Thank you! This is good motivation.
I've been lurching from day to day lately WRT meals and really need to get my act together.
Pizza picnic (with a movie) is turning out to be a nice weekend treat though.

#10 Old Grey Mare

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:10 PM

DD is away at Schoolies' Week and DH is grazing on anything that will stay down this week (chemo reaction). All DS wants for dinner every night is chicken schnitzel with chips and salad so it is an easy week in the kitchen for us.

#11 opethmum

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:13 PM

Monday: Food
Tuesday: Some other Food
Wednesday: Food of some description
Thursday: Some different food
Friday: Food glorious food
Saturday: Tearing my hair out because I am running out of ideas Food
Sunday: Some Leftovers of Foods

wink.gif

#12 kpingitquiet

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:20 PM

Sunday was end-of-vacation living room picnic. I did a platter of homemade hummus, raw veggies and olives, some crackers, cheese, pineapple and grapes. Was a fantastic light dinner.
Tonight was baked spicy drumsticks with stirfried veggies in a Thai-style coconut sauce.
Tues: black kale and goat cheese frittata with fresh fruit salad.
Weds:  pesto pasta with various veggies (or maybe paella if there's a seafood special).
Thurs: black bean soup with some nice crunchy kind of thing like ham and tomato on crusty bread slices.
Fri: My birthday, so I hope I don't have to cook.
Sat: porterhouse steak with pizzaiola sauce and caprese salad
Sun: Slow-cooker herbed chicken and vegetables in savory sauce

Emergency backup meals to avoid the temptation to order out:
Tuna melts w/ green salad
Durango stew in the freezer

All my efforts for meal planning will soon fly out the kitchen window as our garden roars into full swing. Right now we're only getting kale but soon there will be tomatoes, billionty11 types of squash, beans, and peppers, oh my! So every day will be a bit of a guessing game hehe.

#13 KBM

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:13 PM

Monday: Food
Tuesday: Some other Food
Wednesday: Food of some description
Thursday: Some different food
Friday: Food glorious food
Saturday: Tearing my hair out because I am running out of ideas Food
Sunday: Some Leftovers of Food

Yes!  This is about as far as my meal planning goes as well, I love the theory and would like to be able to make something special certain nights (but dont have the ingredients on hand) but it never gets any further than reading other peoples meal plan.  Maybe one day...

#14 Funnington

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:34 PM

This is about as far as my meal planning goes as well, I love the theory  and would like to be able to make something special certain nights (but  dont have the ingredients on hand) but it never gets any further than  reading other peoples meal plan.  Maybe one day...

I can relate!  I always thought meal planning was a bit anal to be honest.  We certainly don't 'lock in' meals for a particular night, it starts as a plan then can often be swapped around depending on the time I have, the weather, who's home etc.  Tonight for example, it's hot, so we've decided on lamb chops, sliced potatoes and homemade coleslaw.  

Even if you're not ready for strict meal planning, it's really worth at least planning your groceries around family favourite dinners, then you're not going back and forth to the supermarket for ingredients.

#15 *melrose*

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:48 PM

thanks for posting this! they all look yummy.

Edited by *melrose*, 01 December 2012 - 11:49 PM.

#16 trishalishous

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:45 AM

this week:

Sunday: Baked Fish/roast veg
Monday: Casserole (probably my 'beef stoo' in the slow cooker, loads of barley and veggies added
Tuesday: Chicken & vegetable rendang curry and rice
Wednesday: Mexican (probably burritos with mince/salad)
Thursday: Lamb casserole
Friday: Pasta
Saturday: Slow cooked 'easy mince' with rice
Sunday: Roast lamb and vegetables

I use my slow cooker a fair bit

#17 Missmarymack

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:52 AM

This week we are having

Sat: BBQ chicken wings, chipolatas, green salad and potato salad

Sun: pasta with bolognese sauce
Mon: Thai red curry with chicken, vegies and rice
Tues: shepherd's pie
Wed: butter chicken with vegies and rice
Thurs: lentil soup
Fri: probably leftovers or something made from the leftover veg in the fridge!

We don't tend to stick with the meals on each day that I've listed, I'll swap them as it suits me (like a meal from the freezer on the day we are out in the afternoon)

#18 KylieY

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:53 AM

Love a meal plan!

SATURDAY - Veal schnitzel, coleslaw and wedges
SUNDAY - Chicken ceaser salad
MONDAY - Penne boscaiola
TUESDAY - Honey Mustard chicken thighs on the BBQ and salad
WEDNESDAY - Sausage ragu with Parmesan mash and veggiesv
THURSDAY - Thai pork stir fry
FRIDAY - Takeaway

All from the Taste website!

#19 gina70

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:50 PM

Easy week for me:

Sunday:  roast turkey and veg (leftovers for sandwiches)
Monday: graduation dinner
Tuesday: meat pie and veg
Wednesday: frozen meal
Thursday: stir fry
Friday: Christmas party
Saturday: curry
Sunday: crumbed chicken and chips

#20 Funnington

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:06 PM

All from the Taste website!

I found the Taste site so frustrating since they've re-engineered.  It's so slow to load recipes, even on a fast connection mad.gif

We're having (in no particular order or 'set days'):

Tonight - beef stroganoff, mashed spuds and steamed beans

Throughout the week:

- Homemade chicken snitz and homemade potato salad

- Corned beef, coleslaw and roast potatoes

- Marinated (and roasted) chicken drummettes and salad of some description

- Homemade pizzas (I bought the bases from Baker's Delight) with marinated lamb strips, roast sweet potato, onion with tzakiki

- Steak sangas, salad, cheese and chutney (maybe some oven fries)

- Leftovers from the corned beef one other night

#21 Prime

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:33 PM

beef burgers with wedges
roast lamb with vegies
vegetarian lasagna
honey mustard chicken with salad and rice
loin chops with greek salad
chicken enchiladas
pizza

#22 Chlotoe

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:32 PM

Our Meal plan hopefully will stick and nothing will go wrong this week

Tonight : Meatloaf and steamed vegies
Saturday : Home made pizza
Sunday : Meat Pie and Vegetables
Monday : Butter Chicken with Rice
Tuesday : chicken enchiladas
Wednesday : Curried Sausages and Rice
Thursday :  Soft Tacos and Salad.
Friday : Out for Work Christmas Party.

Also hoping to make heap of banana muffins to freeze for lunches

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Australia's top baby names of 2013

Essential Baby has compiled the data available from government records around the country to bring you the list of Australia's top baby names of 2013.

Sara James: fighting for my daughter

Sara James was a high-profile New York journalist, but it was her own daughter's story which raised the most questions.

Siblings and best of friends

I know we'll have some tense moments. I know there will be arguments. But I also know these two will always have this most beautiful bond.

In defence of mums on the phone

I know news stories always attract a range of opinions, and I know they're a place for people to have an anonymous dig in. However, I also know that this mum bashing has to stop.

Rescue dog Zoey and BFF Jasper star in adorable pics

Photographer, self-professed "crazy dog lady" and mum Grace Chon takes photos of rescue dog Zoey and her 10-month-old son Jasper together. The results are just too cute. See more on Instagram @thegracechon.

Pregnancy essentials for the second and third trimesters

So you're through the first trimester of pregnancy - congratulations! Here are some tips for getting through the next six months as comfortably and happily as possible.

Coles Easter eggs recalled due to presence of tree nuts

An allergic reaction has lead to the urgent recall of a variety of Coles brand Easter eggs.

The ultimate travel stroller: the Mountain Buggy nano

We tried the Mountain Buggy nano and give it an enthusiastic thumbs up. As the ultimate travel stroller, it's practical, has great features, and looks fab, too.

Why I love the small age gap between my kids

Six months after our son turned one, we welcomed son number two into our lives. Yes, the small age gap had been planned - and there are things I love and hate about that small gap.

Parents warned about posting kids' photos online

Parents could be putting their kids at risk by posting images and information online which give away personal details, such as where they go to school and which parks they frequent.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

Mum's the word when it comes to baby news

The arrival of a baby is big news, but friends and family need to understand it is not their news to share.

What?s in your parenting toolbox?

So often as parents, we don?t really talk about our ?parenting toolboxes?. But you need to be aware of what you and your partner are working with, and to decide what does and doesn't fit in your lives.

Classroom pregnancy prank goes viral

An American college professor has had to rethink his strict rule about answering cell phones in class after being the victim of an April Fools' prank that has gone viral.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win the brand new phil&teds vibe

Check out the good looking new release of the Vibe 3 and the Verve 4-wheeler inline strollers. To celebrate their release, we have a Vibe with double kit to give away.

Baby sleep

From birth to one year and beyond, read about baby sleep, soothing techniques, routines, and sleep school experiences.

Australia's top baby names of 2013

Essential Baby has compiled the data available from government records around the country to bring you the list of Australia's top baby names of 2013.

Video: Dad turns son into action movie hero

Many kids would love to be an action movie hero in real life, but very few will ever be able to see themselves in movies like these.

Toilet training in winter

There?s no need to stop thinking about toilet training just because the temperature is dropping: winter is a good a time as any to start the process.

What do you do all day?

It's the question all new mothers dread. For Kate Fridkis, it's a question that strikes to the heart of what it is to be a woman.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

Video: Baby starts his day with a dance party

Few people start their day the same way this little guy does ? dancing, smiling, and generally having an awesome time.

IKEA announces bed canopy recall

IKEA has recalled its range of bed canopies designed to suspend above children?s beds following reported cases of injuries and entanglement.

Free Printable Activities

Keeping little hands busy

Free printable acitivity pages like colouring in, cutting, word finders, mazes, maths activities and puzzles.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.