14 replies to this topic

#1 citylife

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:52 AM

Ho hum
I look in the mirror and still have the belly fat sad.gif
This depresses me greatly!
I look ugly and don't like it.
I am trying gard to eat well and have upped the exercise

Does the baby belly fat on some people NEVER go away?

I had a caesar with number 2 and have the yucky belly fat that goes over the scar area

I just hate it

I am a compulsive weigher and know I shouldn't be but I get so obessed.
Weightloss is a hard slog and ongoing!!!!

I unfortunatley do not have the body make up of some lucky women who seem to lose their baby weight weeks after having bubs, BTW I don't have a newborn!

This is a feel sorry for myself/vent/looking for advice post
I also had fibroids during pregnancy and still have them although have had the largest ones removed some years ago where the largest was the size of a 26 week pregnancy
Stupid tummy sad.gif also stupid people who ask you :are you pregnant again keep your mouth shut!!!

#2 cordyline

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:59 AM

Oh that's terrible that people ask that. I though by now it was well known you DONT look at a woman's tummy and ask her if she is pregnant, unless she says something.

Sorry no advice re losing the baby belly, but something I am interested in/worried about. All the best.

#3 Leha

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:03 AM

Sorry to say mine hasn't. I has one c/sect and one natural birth. I have lost all my baby weight plus am probably 6 kg lighter than when I fell pregnant. I also go to the gym 6 times a week and do lots of ab stuff and it is still there.

I think the only way for me to get rid of it is plastic surgery which I will not be getting so it is here to stay  sad.gif

#4 *~dee~*

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:54 PM

I look like I'm still pregnant 3 years on sad.gif Hate it!

#5 icekool

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:50 PM

No.

I was watching this plastic surgery show and the woman was having a tummy tuck. She was as fat as a matchstick, toned body, I think I would struggle to pinch her (literally no fat) so you get my drift. She ran everyday and did gym too.

But she said she just couldn't lose her tummy fat after 3 kids. If she can't, I have no hope in hell. I look pg after dinner everyday.

#6 jayskette

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:55 PM

I have an ever increasing tummy since 18. I haven't even had kids yet  sad.gif
Visceral Fat is the most difficult to lose. I am so envious of the Beyonce types - all the fats distributed to "good" areas like buttocks and hips.

#7 Gumbette

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:59 PM

I'm a string bean, and actually weigh less than before I was pregnant, but can't get rid of the flabby belly. I think our shape changes forever even if you weigh the same (unless you're Miranda Kerr and super human).

Edited by Gumbette, 23 November 2012 - 08:59 PM.

#8 WinterIsComing

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:07 PM

I live in the beachy area that must be the yummy mummy capital of the country. So many mums and most of them thin, toned and flat stomached. And that's with children under 1. Sometimes I feel like the frumpiest mother on the block! And I am a size 10.
I have to say that 9 months on, my stomach remains far too big for my current weight.

#9 RubyTuesday76

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:10 PM

I am currently 7kg under my pre pregnancy weight, did planking, sit ups like a b**ch (plank for 5mins, 300 sit ups every day) and my 'belly pouch' is still there..  I think I would be an ideal candidate for a tummy tuck! Sooooo much loose wobbly skin.  Guess it didn't help that I went to 41w3d for extra growth & over stretching wink.gif

#10 hollysmama

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:24 PM

Losing all your baby weight 8 weeks after giving birth is not normal! Unless you have a nanny who can look after your baby while you hit the gym for 6hrs a day.  

Mine hasn't gone away either. I have a lot of loose skin and I don't think any amount of crunches or exercise will tighten it up. It went away after my first, but it looks like it's here to stay now sad.gif

#11 KeepTheFaith

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:56 PM

My step sister is about 170 cm and less than a size 6. She has always been tiny (her Dad is a tall thin man), and her shape is perfectly 'normal' for her.

She has now had 3 kids, all vaginal births, and the youngest is nearly 2. I saw her naked not long ago (we were sharing a change room) and she laughingly showed me her "less than A cup boobs" and her wobbly tummy skin/fat. Everything else on her is thin and toned.

My step sister is a very healthy, active 35 year old. I look at her and shudder at the thought of what my 38 year old, "post c-section (and two kids), average weight and struggling to exercise body" is going to look like. Right now, DS is 10 weeks old, so I still have an excuse. But that won't last forever...

#12 Leggy

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:10 PM

You can try out pilates (although get checked out by a physio first - if your abs haven't rejoined properly you can do damage) but...yeah, sometimes it just stays there.

Edited by Leggy, 30 November 2012 - 02:11 PM.

#13 theb3an

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:22 AM

the belly is the hardest and often, last to lose.  the key to losing belly fat is a clean diet... i can't stress this enough.  belly fat is made in the kitchen so if you eat clean and exercise regularly, then you will see the belly shrink slowly but surely.  most of all, it takes a lot of patience.

i have been on my fitness journey for almost a year now.  i lost inches everywhere else and my mid-section was the last place for me to see a reduction in size.

if you have any more questions or need suggestions, please send me a message; i would be happy to help or share my story.  EB is a pretty bad at notifications when someone quotes you and scrolling through tons of replies is too time consuming.

#14 tres-chic

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:57 AM

I was in good shape after number two but after number three my midsection has changed forever with loose skin and a layer that I can't shift, even with a lot of running.

Diet and exercise keep in under control to a degree but that's the best I can hope for.

I've learned to accept it as a badge of honour.

ETA I'm more horrified by my tuck shop arms. I do weights with my trainer once or twice a week and hoik my kids all over the place but nothing shifts it.

Edited by tres-chic, 12 December 2012 - 09:43 AM.

#15 TPS

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:19 PM

I have 2 kids; the youngest is 3.5 and I have been leading a very healthy lifestyle since she turned 1. I had a DEXA scan last week, which showed my body fat is 17.8%, putting me below the 'lean' category and into the 'athlete' category. In clothes my tummy looks flat (when I've been eating very clean for at least a week or so), but naked I still have the loose skin on my abdomen, and when I plank it's like an extra boob hanging down there (plankenboob).

I think many things can be adjusted with exercise and healthy food choices, but you still have to work within the confines of your genetics and environmental factors like big babies, older age when having children (so skin is less elastic), etc.

P.S. I don't look at it as a diet; it's definitely living a healthy lifestyle original.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Share the little things that make you smile

We're giving away a Mountain Buggy nano, the ultimate travel stroller - and here are some of the great entries so far.

Toddler pleads for return of "stolen" nose

A two-year-old's reaction to a game of "got your nose" shows it doesn't take much to make a toddler cry.

The 15 photos new parents share (and five they don't)

From the first scan photo to the baby covered in cake at their first birthday party, there are 15 photos most parents seem to share - and some they don't.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

Breastfeeding friendly café goes viral

A photo of a breastfeeding-friendly sign in a cafe has been posted to Facebook and shared by hundreds of mums around the world.

First look at the Bugaboo Bee3

The newest Bugaboo Bee ? the Bee3 ? offers a variety of improved features, including a much asked-for bassinet and a rainbow of colour combinations.

Childcare costs, not paid leave, the real issue for parents

Given the choice between maintaining their wage for six months to have a child, or having a reduced rate of pay for a time but a better deal on childcare when returning to work, there are no odds on what most working parents would choose.

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

We lost three babies in two years

Our first pregnancy ended the way we all expected it to - with a healthy, happy baby in our arms. What a true blessing he was, for we were not to know the heartache we were about endure.

Family turned back from doomed flight MH17

'There must have been someone watching over us and saying, 'You must not get on that flight,' says mother who narrowly avoided boarding the Malaysian Airlines flight which exploded in mid-air over the Ukraine last night.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Adorable Skeanie loafers for kids

Your little toddler or preschooler can now get their nautical on with a new range of classic loafers by Australian show brand Skeanie.

My baby is hypermobile

For months, I have been telling myself not to worry that Jasmin isn't crawling or walking. This week I heard the term hypermobile for the first time.

When you don?t bond with your baby

They say that there is no bond greater than the bond between a mother and her child. But for some women, the mother-baby bond takes more time and effort to develop.

Yumi Stynes: Having a baby after a 10-year break

After a long break, Yumi Stynes gets a reminder of the pain - and the pleasure - of giving birth.

Grieving father asks for help to Photoshop his daughter's image

When Nathan Steffel's daughter Sophia died from a liver condition at just 6 weeks old, he reached out for someone to create a beautiful image of his little girl.

Raising kids in a 'low media' home

Can you imagine a life without TV or computers? Some parents are opting for a low-tech, screen-free life for their kids.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

Be careful what you say, your baby is listening

The importance of speaking to your baby even if they are not old enough to answer back has been highlighted by new research.

The beautiful moment a baby was born at the side of a road

It's not where she expected to give birth, but mum Corrine Cinatl is delighted that her daughter's roadside arrival was captured in a series of beautiful photos.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

The Nappy Collective starts new drive

It's that time of year when the dedicated volunteers at The Nappy Collective do their bit to help out mums and children in need - and they need your help.

Baby shower cake wrecks

From misshapen cake babies to questionable text, from odd colour choices to internal organ recreation, these are the baby shower cakes that taste forgot.

Photographer captures the beauty of adoption

The love of a family is usually tough to capture on camera. This is an exception.

Pregnancy progression photo ideas

Want to record your pregnancy as your belly grows? Here are some creative, fun ideas for photo shoots along the way.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Tin can craft and DIY ideas

Got a few old formula, Milo or coffee cans around the house? Use these fantastic upcycling ideas to create items for around the house and yard.

Dads meet their newborn for the first time

Emotional photos of two fathers meeting their newborn son have resonated with viewers worldwide, attracting thousands of Facebook likes and shares.

Skin safety isn't just a summer worry

Lax about the slip slop slap with your kids as weather turns cooler? Here's a reminder as to why we have to remain vigilant for our children?s future health.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Creative sleeping baby photoshoots

See how some parents and photographers have captured sleeping babies in unusual positions and using different props.

DIY kitchen and food hacks

DIY your way to a better kitchen and make cooking easier with our clever hacks. (Some content reproduced with permission from mashable.com.)

Winter warmers for babies and toddlers

Your baby or toddler will be nice and snug in these beautiful and fun winter pieces. Most are hand-made or knitted, and they're all designed to keep your little one toastie - and adorable!

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.