Mattel Family & Friends Toy Sale

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 louiseos

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:22 PM

I've got my hands on a few tickets to the Mattel Family & Friends Toy Sale on Tuesday 04/12/12 via a charity auction. I'm very excited as this year I'm buying for DD, rather than gifts for others.

Not really sure what to buy her, given she is so young but no doubt the Sale will have some things for her!!

Is anyone else going along?

#2 MakesMeHappy

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:14 PM

What is this sale? Is it great?
I have the chance to get 2 tickets for $40.. Is it worth it?
I need to buy toys for DS1's birthday and Christmas (I have nothing for him yet due to change in plans)
I do love a good sale  biggrin.gif

#3 louiseos

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:02 PM

I went last year & picked up a few pressies for friends kids. Other parents there were going nuts for things! I suspect I will be one of those parents this year! LOL

I saved quite a bit by buying at the sale last year! Doing some rough calculations I think I sved around $400 (bought some big items - swing, high chair etc).

Lucky you getting the tickets for that price! I was a bit of a sucker and paid $100 for 2 tickets. Don't really mind as the proceeds go to charity. Shame my girlfriend didn't want her ticket, ah well.

#4 MakesMeHappy

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:56 PM

I brought the tickets original.gif

I have been doing a bit of googling but can't find much info. It must not be well advertised....

I'm excited, I'm sure I will be one of the crazy ladies with the overflowing trolley  ph34r.gif

#5 MakesMeHappy

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:54 AM

Would you mind popping in after you have been to the sale and letting me know what sort of things they have? I go on Wednesday the 5th

I have lots of people asking me to get things but I don't have any idea what is there.

original.gif

Edited by popple, 30 November 2012 - 01:55 AM.

#6 louiseos

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:43 AM

Yeah no worries. original.gif

#7 Chocolate Addict

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:53 AM

It is brilliant and tickets are hard to get. They aren't supposed to be sold (not sure about for charity) as it is a family and friends sale not the regular shop.

You will save heaps. Last year I spent around $200 and worked out retail prices to be over $1000.

Just google mattel and you can see the sort of things they cover but it depends what they want to clear out really.

They always have heaps of Barbie stuff, and monster high, matchbox etc..

I bought stuff for the present cupboard last year as I only have a boy so got some polly pockets (paid $3 for something that sells in kmart for $25) ready for kids party invitations. original.gif

I have heard from a few people that went this year that it was not as good as previous years.

I have been the last 3 years but not going this year.

Edited by Chocolate Addict, 30 November 2012 - 11:54 AM.

#8 Vegasallstars

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:53 PM

i went last night and it was pretty good, spent about $200 and retail would have been over $600.
lots of baby stuff (fisher price) this time round, also barbie/ polly pocket and batman and Cars/ thomas.

got the new fisher price ballapalooza for $65
barbie dolls of the world about $15

#9 davidwife

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:58 PM

you can find many of the baby stuffs online. various online shopping zone provides this facility like ofororange,babyzone etc.
online baby products

Edited by davidwife, 31 December 2012 - 06:01 PM.

#10 MakesMeHappy

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:52 AM

I am soo excited. I can't wait!!!!

DS loves matchbox and Disney cars so if they have plenty of that then I am set  biggrin.gif

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Britain's youngest parents: mother 12, father 13

A 12-year-old schoolgirl and her 13-year-old boyfriend are believed to have become Britain?s youngest parents, after the birth of their baby girl earlier this week.

When Prince George met Bilby George

Prince George has met an Aussie marsupial named after him in his first official engagement in Australia.

Asphyxia link another piece of the SIDS puzzle

An Australian study has uncovered information which could lead to a better understanding of why babies die from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.

Pregnant woman dies after doctor removes ovary instead of appendix

When a UK woman went to hospital suffering appendicitis, doctors mistakenly removed her healthy ovary - with tragic consequences.

The milestones I can't wait to celebrate

Nothing can beat the feeling of witnessing that first smile, first step and first word - but here's a list of 'firsts' I'm really looking forward to now.

How you develop in your baby's first year

Just as babies undergo rapid growth as they learn and change in their first year, we?re learning and changing quickly as parents, too. Don?t underestimate the developmental stages you go through when you have a baby.

Can you make your baby smarter even before birth?

A product new to Australia claims to help babies be born "as intelligent as possible", but not all experts agree on the benefits of educating babies while still in the womb.

How a mother's love helped unearth the skills of an autistic savant

Autistic savant Ping Lian Yeak, a prodigious artist who has had his work shown all over the world, couldn't have done it without the support and love of his proud mum.

Rescue dog Zoey and BFF Jasper star in adorable pics

Photographer, self-professed "crazy dog lady" and mum Grace Chon takes photos of rescue dog Zoey and her 10-month-old son Jasper together. The results are just too cute. See more on Instagram @thegracechon.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

A tiny heart: a baby?s death gives life to another

Simon Alexander Garcia lived only one brief hour. But somewhere, a little girl?s heart is beating today because of him.

Ear piercing: what age is best?

What is it that shapes our opinions on what?s an 'appropriate' age for our children to get their ears pierced? Parents share their views on how young is too young when it comes to piercing.

Why is childbirth still such a pain?

The options given to women to help them cope in labour have barely changed in years.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Baby sleep

From birth to one year and beyond, read about baby sleep, soothing techniques, routines, and sleep school experiences.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

7 tips for a kid-free trip, not a guilt trip

Although I?m jumping out of my skin to take my child-free holiday, I?m dreading the goodbye. But I?m determined to make the most of it without tarnishing it with guilt or sadness about leaving the kids.

Itchibubs: clothes for babies and toddlers with eczema

Parents of children who suffer from eczema will know only too well the scratching that occurs around the clock. A new clothing range aims to help make everyone more comfortable.

Ear piercing: what age is best?

What is it that shapes our opinions on what?s an 'appropriate' age for our children to get their ears pierced? Parents share their views on how young is too young when it comes to piercing.

Caring for kids helps grandmothers stay mentally alert

Looking after grandchildren can help grandmothers ward off brain disease - but it's also possible to get too much of a good thing, researchers say.

Why I loved my third home water birth

After two water births at home, I was determined to give birth to my son the same way. I just hoped this birth would be quicker than my last two.

Revealed: 7 ways food marketers try to trick consumers

If you?re confused by food labels, you?re not alone. Next time you?re shopping for food, look out for these seven common labelling tricks.

'My mother-in-law found out our baby's gender behind our backs'

My husband and I mutually decided that we didn?t want to know our baby's sex before the birth, but his mother couldn't handle that.

Free Printable Activities

Keeping little hands busy

Free printable acitivity pages like colouring in, cutting, word finders, mazes, maths activities and puzzles.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.