Hi all

New thread time

Previous thread

Regards

Ali

#2 MuddyPuddles

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:45 AM

GOLD!

12 week scan on Wednesday, fingers crossed that everything is looking good. I am getting excited!

I have been feeling better this weekend and that makes such a difference to how I feel about this whole pregnancy. Also my tummy seems to have popped out somewhat, so Im feeling more pregnant now, rather than just sick and depressed.

I hope that everyone else is starting the week off feeling good!

Edited by zaacaa, 19 November 2012 - 08:47 AM.

#3 1sttimelucky

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:41 AM

Silver!

I definitely am with you on the boring and high maintenance thing relly!

And kahm I went when I couldn't keep anything down for 6 hrs. They tested and I was showing signs of dehydration and i went on the drip. Stay on the cautious side!

Afm 9 weeks tomoro and it feels like I should be at Least 30!

What is looked for on the nt scan? I'm having an amnio regardless- do I need to have a nt scan as well?

Edited by 1sttimelucky, 19 November 2012 - 11:47 AM.

#4 karlie.jane

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:45 PM

Woo hoo Bronze biggrin.gif

#5 key_gal

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:15 PM

QUOTE (1sttimelucky @ 19/11/2012, 12:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Silver!

I definitely am with you on the boring and high maintenance thing relly!

And kahm I went when I couldn't keep anything down for 6 hrs. They tested and I was showing signs of dehydration and i went on the drip. Stay on the cautious side!

Afm 9 weeks tomoro and it feels like I should be at Least 30!

What is looked for on the nt scan? I'm having an amnio regardless- do I need to have a nt scan as well?

I thought NT is used to do pre-screening for amnio because of the m/c risks aminio carries. Is there a medical reason for deciding to do amnio? You seem pretty young to be have decided to do it regardless?

#6 kahm

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:20 PM

Thanks 1sttimelucky, I've managed to keep fluids down from about 9am today, so panic over for the minute.  
Good to have some guidelines though, so if I have another day like yesterday/this morning I'll feel better about knowing when to worry.

#7 Adamira

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:56 PM

Hey everyone!
Just a quick one, so sick for the last few days. Almost 11 weeks, been sick most of the week. Vomiting, nausea, all the good stuff. Thought it was meant to ease about now, not start.
Oh well, hoping to do next scan in two weeks, at 12 weeks 5 days. Make sure is all is well, then contemplate telling people.
Hope you are all feeling well, and all nasty symptoms settle soon.

#8 Nel118

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:33 PM

Afternoon Everyone,

I had my 12 week scan today (our first peek at bubs) and everything is looking great - very strong heart beat, all the right things in the right places and the results of the NT scan were all very positive - so its all very exciting and seeming very real now!

Bubs is measuring a couple of days earlier than we thought - but I'm sticking with a due date of June 4th

We went shopping to celebrate and each bought bubs a toy to celebrate making it to 12 weeks!

It's so great to be at 12 weeks and able to share the news with everyone now!

Here's hoping the nausea starts to subside and my energy levels start to return.

I hope everyone is doing well and look forward to hearing about all your scans and celebrating this milestone with you all over the next few weeks

#9 gem1516

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:47 PM

hi,im new to this and really just wanted to chat with someone that understands!im 7weeks preg with my 3rd and i feel like crap sad.gif .not only am i dry reaching and having no energy but my emotions are crazy.im really unsure how i feel about this preg,im confused.if anybody could give me some advice or anything,that would be muchly appreciated biggrin.gif

#10 monkeys mum

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:26 PM

Gem welcome and congrats, i understand how you're feeling, my morning sickness is all day and night sickness and its leaving me drained and feeling rather cruddy. Not only that but this will be our fourth and we thought we had stopped at three, i've had to come to terms with the fact that i've had to put a lot of things on the back burner. For me the thing i have been holding on to is that no matter what in June at the latest this will all be over and although its so unexpected will bring so much more love into our family.

Dehydration maybe google the signs, what made me present to er was the fact i was dizzy had been unable to keep anything down for over 24hrs, and my mouth was so dry i felt i couldnt do anything to relieve it.

Thank you for all the kind words, im feeling much better, must be the seven hours sleep last night and the five hour nap today, eeek! I only went to bed for a nap as i was feeling like i was going to be sick again, and woke craving a whopper with cheese lol but it tasted great and has been the only thing to stay down today. My oldest two were home from school with a tummy bug so dp has been trying to keep them away from me as he thinks ive been sick enough and hes lucky and rarely gets sick. Its great hes being thoughtful on his one day off this week, i even woke to a spotless kitchen and him about to peg washing out. Thinking about it he might be ill actually lol

Ok this tablet is beeping at me as its almost out of battery. Everyone having NT tests this week i hope you get good results and enjoy seeing your little ones.

#11 Tigster

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:40 AM

Monkeys Mum - We've all had a tummy bug here too. Its day 4 for DH & the boys. I seemed to be lucky and only had a 24hr thing.
Gem - Emotions during pg are crazy. I cry at anything. Its pretty normal to not feel that I'm so happy I'm pregnany feeling especially if you've got ms and or are so tired you can barely function. You've still got months to get used to the idea of having a baby.

Nel - Congrat's on the scan results. Have you got a pic of bub that you can post?

Gotta go boys are crying.

#12 Nervy

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:13 AM

Congrats on the scan Nel!
Welcome Gem & congrats, youre perfectly normal!! XX
Only 2 days to go to my Nuchael Scan! Looking forward to telling my parents in law, family & friends!
Not sure when to do the whole facebook thing, when is everyone doing the facebook thing?

#13 LisaM07

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:03 AM

Hi Ladies,

Sorry I've been MIA for a few days stupid crazy work have worked 13 of the last 15 days and not feeling so great...
I don't like my chances but I'm seriously considering asking my boss if I can head off at lunch time today I NEED to sleep!!! Then hopefully I can work from home this afternoon/evening, we'll see I'm such a wuss that I probably won't even end up asking and will just go cry in the toilet sad.gif

NT scan tomorrow though so that's very exciting indeed looking forward to everything being fabulous and coming out of hiding original.gif

Hope everyone else is doing ok!

L xxx

#14 bettinae

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:45 AM

Morning lovely ladies..... biggrin.gif I'm just sharing I'm 12 weeks today xxxxx bbabyflip.gif  and praying that I go to OB on Friday and get the all clear and back to my duties lol  I still keep holding my breath that something is going to go wrong.... wacko.gif I just can't relax .... I know I want to see or hear bubs heartbeat on frid ..... Xxxxx bbighug.gif

#15 Gel_Bel

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:29 AM

Good morning ladies,

I have been freaking out since last night as I have started spotting (brown stuff only). Have been in contact with the ob and have been told to monitor the situation (?) and go to the emergency centre if I start cramping or bleeding heavily. She did say that it is completely normal to have some spotting around 12 weeks, but I am still freaking out. I am pretty sure that I am giving myself some sort of stress/panic attack because when I think about it my chest constricts and I feel faint.
Congrats to all the ladies that have hit the 12 week mark!

xx

#16 Nervy

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:43 AM

Lisa i noticed you have been MIA!
Gelbel i too have been spotting brown for 2 days now, im not too worried but it is alarming! (Im 12+3 now and check every other day for heartbeat so i know bubs is still pumping along) but i am scared about all the spotting ive had.

#17 bettinae

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:08 AM

Gel_Bel: can u call the OB and ask for an ultrasound..?? just tell her you need this...? just for your own peace of mind xxx
thinking of u xxxx

#18 Jacni

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:16 AM

A work colleague just brought his 2 week old baby in. I want one so badly now! I have my NT scan on Monday. I hope everything is OK.

#19 monkeys mum

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:17 AM

QUOTE (Nervy @ 20/11/2012, 08:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not sure when to do the whole facebook thing, when is everyone doing the facebook thing?

I have told family and friends that I am close to but haven't done the facebook thing yet, I am sure one day I will mention something and forget, but i'm not sure if I even want to do a big announcement on facebook

Gel_Bel and Nervy I hope the spotting stops for you both, it can be quite worrysome.

I am so tired today lol I wish I could have a nap but am waiting on my Big W Christmas layby to be delivered, normally it happens by now. I need to sort through it before its school pick up time as I know at least two items will need to be returned as DD has done a total 180 on what she likes. Which is fine, and exactly why I opted for the earlier delivery.

Does anyone know when they can see where the placenta is on the ultrasound? I know last week when I had the scan the lady couldn't tell me where the placenta had attached. I've had placenta preavia in my second pregnancy so its a worry for me again until I know.

It's so humid here in Adelaide today, so I'm trying to think of something nice and light for dinner tonight that doesn't involve too much cooking as the heat in the kitchen won't be fun.

#20 RellBell

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:21 AM

Gel-Bel, if it's worrying you go for a scan original.gif

I had spotting and I was freaking out, but I had a scan and bub had a healthy little heartbeat - it was just a subchoronic hematoma (if I spelt that right), which just means there was one or two little pockets of blood (leftovers from implantation bleeding)  under bub  and so my spotting had nothing to do with bub's health, which was a nice relief.

#21 monkeys mum

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:41 AM

I forgot to say those on Zofran, check out http://www.epharmacy.com.au/searchresults....NP&expand=0

I saw my bestie yesterday and the cost of Zofran came up and she told me when she had to get something that wasn't on the pbs she bought via that link (epharmacy) as it was much cheaper, so I just had a look, and thought i would share.

My postie came, was a cute one today lol so happy I wasn't still in my pjs hahahaha

Edited by monkeys mum, 20 November 2012 - 11:47 AM.

#22 1sttimelucky

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:35 PM

Hey guys,

Congrats to those who have hit the wonderful 12 week mark! Stil 3 more weeks for me!

Monkeys mum- with DS we had a CVS test at around 13 weeks and this involved taking a sample from the placenta so they def should be able to tell you where it is on ya 12 week scan.. If baby doesn't block the view!

We need to do an amnio to rule out CF once and for all. I'm unsure about it as we have only a small chance of having it now (after having our embryos tested, the whole reason we had to do ivf) but our fertility clinic recommends it for peace of mind.. Not so when there is just as much chance of mc though!!

Anyway that's the reason why I'm wondering if I should bother with an nt scan..

Good luck to everyone and especially those with spotting, don't you just wish it could be a simple case of 'your pregnant, nothing to worry about, see you at the delivery!'

Xx

#23 Gel_Bel

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:32 PM

Hi Ladies,

Just a quick update, the spotting has increased in intensity, I am now bleeding so I have an emergency appointment with the OB at 4:15 today. Will let you know what happens...

xx

#24 bettinae

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:36 PM

Prayers with u sweetheart xxxx

#25 Nervy

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:46 PM

Gel-Bel thinking of you let us know how you go asapxx

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Life with anxiety

At times, I feel pretty worthless. In those moments, all I want to do is curl up into a ball and hide in the dark. I can try to quiet my mind, but it won?t shut up.

IVF leaves woman pregnant with another couple's twins

An Italian woman has been told the twins she is three months pregnant with are not hers.

'My mother-in-law found out our baby's gender behind our backs'

My husband and I mutually decided that we didn?t want to know our baby's sex before the birth, but his mother couldn't handle that.

What you need for the 'fourth trimester'

In my opinion, the first three months after the birth are the most intense. Here's what got me through that time after welcoming my baby.

Weaning a toddler off a dummy: a 15-day plan

Weaning your child off the dummy can be a traumatic experience for both of you. Here are some tips to help you through.

Choosing to be a solo parent

Two women share their stories of longing for a baby so much that they each decided not to wait for a partner before becoming a mum.

Asphyxia link another piece of the SIDS puzzle

An Australian study has uncovered information which could lead to a better understanding of why babies die from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.

Rescue dog Zoey and BFF Jasper star in adorable pics

Photographer, self-professed "crazy dog lady" and mum Grace Chon takes photos of rescue dog Zoey and her 10-month-old son Jasper together. The results are just too cute. See more on Instagram @thegracechon.

The ultimate travel stroller: the Mountain Buggy nano

We tried the Mountain Buggy nano and give it an enthusiastic thumbs up. As the ultimate travel stroller, it's practical, has great features, and looks fab, too.

Mum's heartbreak as son dies in road accident

Daly Thomas and her two young sons were walking home from church on Tuesday afternoon. Her youngest son never made it.

New Kate Spade baby bag designs

Don?t adjust your screen: this bright beauty is coming to you in full colour.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win the brand new phil&teds vibe

Check out the good looking new release of the Vibe 3 and the Verve 4-wheeler inline strollers. To celebrate their release, we have a Vibe with double kit to give away.

Baby sleep

From birth to one year and beyond, read about baby sleep, soothing techniques, routines, and sleep school experiences.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

7 tips for a kid-free trip, not a guilt trip

Although I?m jumping out of my skin to take my child-free holiday, I?m dreading the goodbye. But I?m determined to make the most of it without tarnishing it with guilt or sadness about leaving the kids.

Itchibubs: clothes for babies and toddlers with eczema

Parents of children who suffer from eczema will know only too well the scratching that occurs around the clock. A new clothing range aims to help make everyone more comfortable.

Ear piercing: what age is best?

What is it that shapes our opinions on what?s an 'appropriate' age for our children to get their ears pierced? Parents share their views on how young is too young when it comes to piercing.

Caring for kids helps grandmothers stay mentally alert

Looking after grandchildren can help grandmothers ward off brain disease - but it's also possible to get too much of a good thing, researchers say.

Why I loved my third home water birth

After two water births at home, I was determined to give birth to my son the same way. I just hoped this birth would be quicker than my last two.

Revealed: 7 ways food marketers try to trick consumers

If you?re confused by food labels, you?re not alone. Next time you?re shopping for food, look out for these seven common labelling tricks.

'My mother-in-law found out our baby's gender behind our backs'

My husband and I mutually decided that we didn?t want to know our baby's sex before the birth, but his mother couldn't handle that.

Free Printable Activities

Keeping little hands busy

Free printable acitivity pages like colouring in, cutting, word finders, mazes, maths activities and puzzles.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.