Toys R Us (US) - has anyone purchased and received their order?

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 mumfirst

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:49 PM

As the title says.

I've put through 3 orders and the first order seemed to go through fine and I have received the shipping notification.

The second order I received the order confirmation a week ago from iParcel but it's yet to ship and I have emailed but not response (both iParcel and ToysRus).

Third order I paid via PayPal and have only received a PayPal notification and nothing else. Is this normal?

From my understanding, it seems that iParcel are the ones running the show in relation to the international orders. Is this correct?

Would just love to hear others stories.

ETA...I should also add that none of my orders appear in the history under account details on ToysRus which doesn't give me much confident.

Thanks in advance original.gif

Edited by mumfirst, 18 November 2012 - 10:50 PM.

#2 B.feral3

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:51 PM

On the 24th, so in 6 more days, it's been a month since I placed my order. I've still not seen it even though my shipping update says that it has arrived at destination!!

I've put in a Pay Pal dispute and they haven't even responded to it. They still have another week and a half to do so though so we'll see what happens. I'm not freaking happy though. I placed an order with Amazon on the same day and received it, at my door, in 4 working days.

#3 caterpillar~girl

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:59 PM

Here is another thread about ToysrUs USA

#4 mumfirst

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:00 PM

Crap Bek, that gives me no confidence at all.

I have tried to complain through Toysrus (via the onsite email) but I don't even get a confirmation of email to even know they have received my complaints.

I have only paid with Paypal with one of the orders so that's going to be a pain to get back (on the Mastercard that is).

I heart Amazon - in the tons I've orders I've placed over the years I've never not got anything or had anything to complain about.

Think I'll give ToysRus a miss if it's going to be like this.

Edited by mumfirst, 18 November 2012 - 11:01 PM.

#5 Frau Farbissina

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:07 PM

I put my order in at the end of October and received it a few days ago

#6 mumfirst

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:08 PM

QUOTE (caterpillar~girl @ 18/11/2012, 10:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks...reading now  mellow.gif

#7 mumfirst

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:30 PM

Eeeeek that thread was interesting!

Has some good email addresses for TRU which is great. I've emailed those addresses so hoping for a response overnight.

Edited by mumfirst, 18 November 2012 - 11:31 PM.

#8 tibs

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:28 AM

I placed 2 orders end October and got them last week.  The second shipped before the first - the first took ages to show any movement - but they were reasonably quick once they got going.  I had no emails from TRU and it didn't show in my 'TRU account'.  I got 2 emails from iparcel for each - one right away one a bit later - and that was it.  I paid by credit card.  The TRU website keeps crashing on me now so no more orders for me by the look of it,  back to Amazon I guess.

#9 mumfirst

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:05 AM

Well I got the order confirmation regarding my 3rd order - paid via PayPal. Finally.

But no response from either ToysRus or I-Parcel for my 2nd order - and I haven't just sent one email. Frustrating!

#10 FeralsCommonSense

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:27 AM

Do they have a facebook page?  Often being shamed on social media can spring them into action..

#11 Becca1605

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:27 AM

My order was placed on 29th October - and received on 15th November. But I had absolutely no communication until the day it arrived. I sent numerous emails and finally got one back giving saying your order is in Australia awaiting customs clearance and giving me a tracking number for Aust. When I looked at that it said onboard with driver, and I received it that day. But boy what a stressful few weeks!
I paid via paypal also.

#12 bubbalee

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:34 AM

I ordered Lego on the 26th October and received it on the 14th November original.gif

Edited by bubbalee, 19 November 2012 - 09:35 AM.

#13 miss-chatterbox

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:24 PM

Oh, I ordered some Lego on the 10th Nov and I received a confirmation order from TRU and a shipping confirmation thru TRu@iparcel.

No other emails as yet. I'm also getting a bit worried.....

#14 ~Nodnol~

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:35 PM

I ordered on the 29th and received it today. It took a couple of days for the TRU email confirmation to come through but all emails I have sent i-parcel have been replied to promptly. The hold up for me appears to have been in customs here- the package arrived in AUS a week after I ordered but it got held up.

#15 ednaboo

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:40 PM

QUOTE (mumfirst @ 18/11/2012, 11:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
From my understanding, it seems that iParcel are the ones running the show in relation to the international orders. Is this correct?

Would just love to hear others stories.

ETA...I should also add that none of my orders appear in the history under account details on ToysRus which doesn't give me much confident.

Thanks in advance original.gif

Yes, that is what I read on the website - iparcel acts as an agent for you.

When I ordered (Nov 7) I received an immediate confirmation from toysrus@iparcel.com.  The next day I received a shipping confirmation with tracking number.  However nothing could be seen on the tracking page for another 4 days.  And then nothing else showed up for a few more days, but now it says "Arrived at destination and will be entered into the delivery stream after sucessful clearance" and that was on Nov 15.  I receieved no other emails after the shipping confirmation.

I can't see anything on my TRU account page - I think that may only be for US orders so I wouldn't worry too much about that.  I'm not worried about mine yet.  Your 1st and 2nd order sound fine to me, but I'm not sure about the third as I didn't use Paypal.

To compare, I placed an order with Amazon on Nov 3.  It shipped with iparcel on Nov 5 and has been sitting in Melbourne awaiting customs clearance since Nov 14.  But another package was ordered on Nov 7 and arrived here in Nov 16.

Edited by ednaboo, 19 November 2012 - 08:44 PM.

#16 mumfirst

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:08 AM

Thanks for your replies!

I got confirmation that part of my 3rd order has been shipped and also received a response regarding my 2nd order and that seems to have been shipped.

I ordered some xmas lego about 2 weeks ago but that is still in transit to country of destination and has been since the 15th. So long as I receive that by December I'm ok.

The other stuff are gifts so I'm confident they'll arrive, it's just I wasn't confident the orders were received.

#17 rebeccawith3

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:13 AM

I ordered 3 boxes worth of Christmas presents on the 8th November.  Had one box delivered last week and the 2 other boxes delivered this morning.

Christmas shopping complete - Yay!

#18 DS1979

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:35 PM

I ordered on the 4th Nov and my parcel just arrived today. But I was never sent a tracking number and got no responses to my emails either. Was a very worrying 2 week wait; thought I might never see my purchases so am very relieved they came!

#19 mama2carysbaileigh

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:21 PM

My order arrived today, exact same day as my amazon order that I placed on the same day.  I'm happy with them, the only complaint was that the shipping price increased within the week while I decided what I wanted.

#20 puuky

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:20 PM

My parcel arrived today, 13 days after I ordered. I just counted the emails I received in that time telling me where my parcel was up to: 8 in total. 5 from iParcel and 3 from AusPost. I did have to follow the link from iParcel's first email to the tracking page, then under my tracking details there was an option to enter my email address to be sent email updates. When I was notified that AusPost had taken delivery of the parcel on Friday I was given a tracking no and a link, and had to enter my email address again to be notified by AusPost. So no dramas for us so I will order from them again. Hope everyone else's parcels arrive soon!

#21 ednaboo

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:54 AM

My parcel arrived yesterday (and so did my Amazon parcels) so that was 13 days.

#22 **Jilly**

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:13 AM

I ordered on Monday night and received an email a few sometime that night.  I just received a shipping confirmation today from them.  Hopefully I get it by Christmas!

When going through checkout I did tick a box about receive updates on my parcel - sorry I can't remember the exact wording!  Maybe that is why some people haven't received any updates?

Also I  ummed and ahhed about putting the order in and went to checkout to check on the shipping - first time it was $18.XX  and then 10 minutes later it was $19.XX  - go figure???????

#23 spirited

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:54 AM

Did you find the shipping charges high? i just have three things in my card - puzzles and are light but the shipping is nearly $70

#24 ~Nodnol~

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:10 PM

My shipping was $28 for two LPS sets, two big lego sets and two small lego sets.

#25 puuky

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:53 PM

I paid $63 for shipping. While that seems pretty high it was for 7 lego sets: 4 large, 2 medium and 1 small set. Also, I looked at what the total cost was (inc postage) compared to buying the same items here. I paid a total of $410 for my Toys'r'Us order, whereas in Australia I would have paid $650 for the same Lego sets. The high postage was worth it to me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Win $1000 with Sea-Band

Three lucky fans can win a Sea-Band prize pack valued at over $1000 each, which includes two Sea-Bands plus a $1000 Eftpos gift card!

Misery loves Facebook

Facebook users are often criticised for only showing the positive, fun parts of their lives. But what about when it swings the other way, when someone uses it for the purposes of ranting about their children all the time, never posting anything positive?

Toddler's adorable impersonation of pregnant mum

Little Ellis has noticed his mum is walking differently lately, and his impersonation of her is hilarious.

'Forgotten baby syndrome' can happen to any one of us

When my third child was two months old, I strapped her into her car seat, then promptly forgot all about her. But she survived, unharmed, because it was winter, and I was lucky.

Join the Real Mums Test Drive Team

Five mums or mums-to-be will join the EB Test Drive Team and discover great items at an exclusive Big W event. (Sydney only.)

Ten things I've learned about motherhood

Never take a good night's sleep for granted. There is no logic like toddler logic. Standing on Lego hurts every time. These are the truths of parenthood.

Parenting past the toddler years: what's next?

Your baby has grown into a toddler, and now your toddler is fast approaching the preschooler stage. What can you expect as a parent?

Tips on what to pack in your hospital bag

Before giving birth I read countless lists, ended up overpacking just a little, and now know what I'll actually want to pack next time.

New app keeps tabs on your kids at childcare

Popular new technology lets parents know what their children are up to at childcare - but not everyone is a fan.

21 things I love about newborns

There?s an irresistible magic about newborns. Of course they're not all smiles and rainbows, but they are undeniably cute and remarkable in so, so many ways.

Kid-friendly hairdressers: who says haircuts can?t be fun?

I?ve found some salons who boast setups ideal for children ? you name it, they?ve thought of it. All are designed to make haircuts fun rather than stressful.

Labour pain relief may reduce risk of postnatal depression: study

Postnatal depression is a complex condition, but researchers say pain relief during labour may help some women.

Why we need better support for men after miscarriage

In a recent study, 85 per cent of men admitted feeling sadness after their partner miscarried, but almost half said they didn't share their feelings at all. What can be done to help them?

Mum in business: Kristy Chong

Kristy Chong is the managing director of Australian-made Modibodi underwear and a mum to Lucas, 6, Jason, 4, and Isaac, 6 months. She shares her advice for other mums thinking about starting their own businesses.

From toddler to preschooler: a developmental roadmap

So your toddler is growing up and will soon be entering the preschooler years. Here are a few ways to frame their development that will help you understand what?s going in those beautiful, funny, clever little heads of theirs.

Mum sacrifices an eye for her unborn baby

Motherhood is full of sacrifices, but this woman has made a life-altering one - and her baby hasn't even been born.

A grandparent by any other name

A growing number of grandparents are shunning tradition and going against conventional names - but a grandparent by any other name still gives the same awesome cuddles and kisses.

Photographer captures the beauty of adoption

The love of a family is usually tough to capture on camera. This is an exception.

When labour just doesn't happen

After three healthy kids, I can?t help feeling I?ve been a little ripped off. I missed out on something I had always wanted to experience, and now I?ll never get the chance.

Be careful what you say, your baby is listening

The importance of speaking to your baby even if they are not old enough to answer back has been highlighted by new research.

Share the little things that make you smile

We're giving away a Mountain Buggy nano, the ultimate travel stroller - and here are some of the great entries so far.

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

Be careful what you say, your baby is listening

The importance of speaking to your baby even if they are not old enough to answer back has been highlighted by new research.

Win $1000 with Sea-Band

Three lucky fans can win a Sea-Band prize pack valued at over $1000 each, which includes two Sea-Bands plus a $1000 Eftpos gift card!

The beautiful moment a baby was born at the side of a road

It's not where she expected to give birth, but mum Corrine Cinatl is delighted that her daughter's roadside arrival was captured in a series of beautiful photos.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

Join the Real Mums Test Drive Team

Five mums or mums-to-be will join the EB Test Drive Team and discover great items at an exclusive Big W event. (Sydney only.)

The Nappy Collective starts new drive

It's that time of year when the dedicated volunteers at The Nappy Collective do their bit to help out mums and children in need - and they need your help.

Baby shower cake wrecks

From misshapen cake babies to questionable text, from odd colour choices to internal organ recreation, these are the baby shower cakes that taste forgot.

Photographer captures the beauty of adoption

The love of a family is usually tough to capture on camera. This is an exception.

Pregnancy progression photo ideas

Want to record your pregnancy as your belly grows? Here are some creative, fun ideas for photo shoots along the way.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Tin can craft and DIY ideas

Got a few old formula, Milo or coffee cans around the house? Use these fantastic upcycling ideas to create items for around the house and yard.

Dads meet their newborn for the first time

Emotional photos of two fathers meeting their newborn son have resonated with viewers worldwide, attracting thousands of Facebook likes and shares.

Skin safety isn't just a summer worry

Lax about the slip slop slap with your kids as weather turns cooler? Here's a reminder as to why we have to remain vigilant for our children?s future health.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Creative sleeping baby photoshoots

See how some parents and photographers have captured sleeping babies in unusual positions and using different props.

DIY kitchen and food hacks

DIY your way to a better kitchen and make cooking easier with our clever hacks. (Some content reproduced with permission from mashable.com.)

Winter warmers for babies and toddlers

Your baby or toddler will be nice and snug in these beautiful and fun winter pieces. Most are hand-made or knitted, and they're all designed to keep your little one toastie - and adorable!

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.