How much food should I give bub?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dylan's Mummy

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:20 PM

My bub is 8 months and has been on solids for 2 months. I am wondering how much I should give him at each meal time. I read various different amounts. A baby/toddler cook book that I have reccomends 4 tablespoons for a bub his age but a parenting magazine I read says 1/2 to 1 cup. I checked and 1/2 a cup is about 8 tablespoons which is twice what the cookbook reccomends. He still has 5 BF a day

Thanks

Edited by Dylan's Mummy, 16 November 2012 - 10:25 PM.

#2 ~Supernova~

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:21 PM

My 8mth old eats 3/4 of a cup to a cup 3 times a day, plus snacks. I just feed him until he spits it out and whinges lol. I'm sure your baby would let you know when he is full? It's such a variable thing...some babies are still only having a couple of teaspoons, others are piggies like my DS (although he hates his bottles and has to be fed when asleep grrr).

#3 laridae

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

It really depends on the baby!  When they lose interest, stop, they've had enough.

#4 Ice Queen

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:25 PM

Until they turn their head away.  My DS is a PIG but he will still always turn away when he is full.

#5 Feral-as-Meggs

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:32 PM

Keep going til he starts throwing it on the floor, spitting it out or just stops opening his mouth.   original.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

16 parenting truths you won't find in the baby books

I am five years into this parenting gig and I’ve learnt that sleepless nights and changing dirty nappies are child’s play.

Best and worst potty party cakes

It's nice to celebrate a child making the shift from nappies to 'big kid' undies, but do we really need a semi-realistic used toilet cake to do it? Here are some of the best and worst cakes parents have used at 'potty parties' around the world.

7 tips for a financially festive Christmas

Plan ahead - and do it now - to ensure festive season expenses don't break the bank.

'Go the F*** to Sleep' author's new book for frustrated parents

A sequel is coming soon to the 2011 hit book 'Go the F*** to Sleep' - and this time, it's about mealtimes.

Great birthday party buys from Etsy

Handmade crafts to decorate and personalise your child's next birthday - from banners to cake decorations, we've got gorgeous party finds from Etsy.

Creative storage ideas for the kids' rooms

Creative and practical storage ideas for the kids' toys and books can also add some stylish decor to your home. Visit babyology.com.au for more stylish modern finds for hip kids & parents.

Student shocked by surprise baby

Kate Hudson, 22, was on a dream European holiday with friends. She didn't realise she was about to become a mum.

To the mum in the doctor's waiting room

Maybe the mum I saw in that waiting room, seemingly disconnected from her baby, doesn’t have the support she needs.

10 space-saving nursery ideas

Starting a family doesn't always mean moving into a bigger house - not yet, anyway.

What's in a name?

Baby Names

Looking for a classic name, or an unusual name? Our Baby Name Finder is for you, search or browse to refine your shortlist.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.