Hi all

New thread time

Previous thread

Regards

Ali

#2 jemsoli

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:20 AM

GOLD!

ergh, really think the MS has caught up with me now. been feeling terrible all morning.

just was a bit rude to MIL at DD1s swimming this morning. she lost about half of her weight about 10 years ago and kept it off but she has turned really nasty with the comments about family being overweight. and for months now she has been going on about how one of DFs nieces is getting a bit chubby and when she said it again today i just snapped and said i dont want to hear your comments about peoples weight anymore. and then she is all suprised and asks why, so i say "because i find it offensive" and she seems to think that is ok for her to make nasty comments on peoples weight because they are her family and she loves them and it is ok cos she never makes comments to peoples faces. oh, so b#@%&ing behind their backs is better? aaarrrggghhh!

anyways, DF just got out of the shower so need to see what we will be doing today (LOL, if he will let me rack off on my own most of the day that is)

Edited by jemso, 12 November 2012 - 09:27 AM.

#3 Just_Keep_Swimming

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:28 AM

SILVER!!!! :-)

Fox Girls: How is your cold. I am pretty sure cold like symptoms can also be pregnancy symptoms :-) I hope you are feeling better soon.

Blake1106 - I am having every symptom related to pregnancy this pregnancy. However with DS I did not have one symptom until the third trimester which was heartburn.

JBaby - Congratulations. I remember seeing you around the TTC forum :-)

Rolex: I told my boss the other day I was pregnant and the first two things she said to me was "Have you thought about what you are doing about work and then "was this baby planned" She did not say congratulations! Some people have a nerve.

Jemso - Enjoy your dinner out with your friend. I think it is well deserved :-)

AFM - I have my sister living with us at the moment as she broke up with her BF. She has been living with us for three months and all I want is for her to get out. She is messy, inconsiderate and on top of things when DS does something naughty she tells me not to get mad at him and when he is having time out in his room she goes in and takes him out. Then when he is sleeping she wakes him up. Holy Cow! Sorry ladies just having a vent.

Welcome all of the newbies and congratulations...

Enjoy your day

Edited by ness_1330, 12 November 2012 - 09:30 AM.

#4 LeNat McCoy

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:30 AM

Bronze - it's like coming fourth really hahahahahahahahaha
Ness - cant believe ur boss was so rude - just disgusting. I've had ur sister problem before . It can be so crowding. U might have to give her the "I'm the parent" chat and draw the line. Sme people are unaware that they are doing something wrong, try to give the benefit of the doubt that she doesn't have a clue. Easier said than done really! Hope she finds a place soon.
AFM - I missed the 10km fun run yesterday, I couldn't be assed doing it. And also I haven't done much running training lately, mainly gym work or crossfit type of exercises so it would be silly for me to push myself at 5 weeks preg. Did go to ikea yesterday with DS and DH and sort out some stuff for the house, need a bit more storage and we also got DS a big boy bed so we have a good 7 months to get him out of the cot. Going to get a safety rail today and try his afternoon nap in the bed. Ohhhhhhhhh. off to the gym, shopping, spring cleaning, swimming lesson with DS and watching some football (American variety). Gonna book my dating scan today original.gif

#5 Guest_Sunnycat_*

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:39 PM

Hi everyone! Just a quicky because I'm at work and people are looking at me.

I booked my scan for Tuesday 20 November at 9am, will be 6w6d or there about. Hopefully they can do an abdominal scan so I can avoid dildo cam! So excited.

I had originally booked in this Friday when I'll be 6w2d but then I got overwhelmed at how close that day is and that seeing the heart beat will actually make the pregnancy real!

Sorry for no personals, will be back later.

Oh and other exciting news is that my DS has started doing more walking! (about bloody time!)

#6 Nic'sgot4

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:39 PM

waves.gif
Hi everyone, Just thought I would come and say hello as I have just had my second BFP  eexcite.gif

I am very excited even though pregnancy was not planned and timing not great really. But a baby is a wonderful gift and I am thrilled!

This is my 6th pregnancy and my 5th child.

I think I am due on the 19th of July.

Looking forward to sharing our journeys together original.gif

Nicola

#7 Rolex

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:42 PM

Hello and welcome soon to be "nic'sgot5"  tongue.gif  You'll have to change your UN next year lol

Ness, how rude is your boss?! sad.gif  I'm not expecting the best response either though.

#8 Nic'sgot4

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:48 PM

haha Hi Rolex, Yes I will, My UN used to be Nicwants4 lol now look at me.  rolleyes.gif

Edited by Nic'sgot4, 12 November 2012 - 02:49 PM.

#9 Nic'sgot4

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:40 PM

Anyone got any suggestions for a good pregnancy iphone app?

#10 bear78

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:05 PM

Hi Just a quick hello, I tested today using clear pregnant test. Showed I was pregnant by 3-4 wks. Guess at this stage I'm due 20 July!! I'm not sure when I can get to the drs. At what stage did everyone get for the drs. ?? Due to work I probably can't make it there for2 wks, unless I have a sickie . Lol

#11 Guest_Sunnycat_*

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:12 PM

QUOTE (Nic'sgot4 @ 12/11/2012, 05:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone got any suggestions for a good pregnancy iphone app?

Hi and welcome Nic original.gif Congratulations on your BFP. I use the BabyBump app. There is a free one and one you can buy for about $2.

Hi Bear78, welcome and congratulations original.gif I went to the doctors pretty early as wanted to get referrals for blood tests and early scans. So exciting!

#12 FERALfoxgirls

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:47 PM

Apps : I've been using 'woman log pregnsncy' but just checked the baby bump one and it looks way better.

#13 jjc1

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:25 PM

Hi ladies
I was wanting to join this is our first bub due the 18th july. I am nervous and excited and anxious as we had an ectpoic a couple of years ago and this our special ivf baby, I hope i can learn lots from you lovely ladies   xx

#14 Guest_Sunnycat_*

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:31 PM

Welcome JJC. Congrats! original.gif

#15 romeolima

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:29 PM

wow Welcome all the newbies, very exciting and congrats to you all,

Ness, would be so annoyed with boss and sister I would be telling her if she doesn't like the way you parent to find her own place.

bear, I am 5w5days and only went to doc last friday, so it's ok to get there when you can

yay sunnycat thats great your DS is walking

my symptoms are the tender nipples, tiredness, and sometimes neusea and just started getting sinus problems.

so DS seems to be getting over the cold he has with his teething, it better bloody go soon coz we are going to phillip island with the family this weekend and we will get to use his special announcment t shirt to tell everyone yay soooooo excited to get it out keep feeling like i am going to let it slip, when i have gone to all the effort to get a t shirt made up.
sinus was bad this morning so went to chemist, they gave me a decongetion spray and said to only use it for 4 days, and the low amount of medication will be fine, then if it still plays up i can get a saline spray to break up the stuff. she seemed to think if we quickly get onto it it should be right.

anyway have had a crap day so will head off

#16 LeNat McCoy

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:34 PM

Welcome and congrats jjc1 and bear 78!!!

Nicsgot4 - that is a massive brood, congrats, sometimes there is no perfect time.
Sunnycat - how cool is booking the first scan!! Very exciting! I booked mine for the 26th nov.
Afm - I seem to have been hit with a wall of lethargy. Damn I'm stuffed. DH has a friend over to watch NFL so he's cooking dinner -it's chicken wings but I'm not caring!! It'll be good to watch the game and sit down. Have a gym session booked at 9 (I train with a friend ) not sure how energised I'll feel.
Gotta dash,
n

#17 MoonPie

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:39 PM

Jemso, your MIL sounds like one of those reformed smokers who tutts at current smokers?

Ness, How old is your sister? I hope she finds somewhere else to live soon. You just reminded me to phone and book dating scan but I called at 5.05pm and they closed at 5. Bummer!

Welcome Nicola! I'm a student midwife too, althought I finish in a couple of weeks. How far along the course are you?

Bear78, I saw the GP early because I wanted to watch my HCG carefully, and also I have a blood clotting condition that needs a little extra management. I'm not sure what the norm is. I think before 10 weeks would be a good idea, as there's a screening blood test to be done at about 10 weeks (I think!)

jjc1, congratulations and welcome. Fingers and toes crossed you're here for the long haul this time original.gif

Romeolima, hope your day gets better.

As for me, I'm so busy at work I just come home absolutely wrecked. Working 4 days a week on a busy maternity ward (student midwife.) Exams etc all finished and most of the paperwork done so the study pressure is off a little, thank goodness. DD is very much over early morning before school care drop offs (and so am I) so I can't wait to be a stay at home parent for 6-12 months next year before going back to work part time.

I haven't really got any morning sickness, I call it 'ickness', because its not really nausea, just feeling blah all the time. It seems to come if I eat anything even remotely flavoursome or rich, and I have no appetite.

Off to return a video and then I think I'll crawl into bed! xx

#18 *Natski82*

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:52 PM

Hey girls I am on my phone so no personals today.

Hi to all the new girls original.gif original.gif

I have been in hospital since yesterday morning and am staying till at least tomorrow with suspect ectopic. I had heaps of pain and started to bleed! All this has now settled but they want to observe me till they take my 48 hour hcg. Yesterday my level was 250, does anyone know if that is right for my dates?

Will keep you up to date

Nat x

#19 FERALfoxgirls

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:11 PM

Good luck nat Fx.

Soooooo tired! Hit a wall at 2pm.

#20 Guest_Sunnycat_*

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:15 PM

Best of luck ith everything Princess Hollie. Thinking of you original.gif

#21 pebbles10

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:20 PM

Hello everyone,

I think this is my first post on this forum, even though I joined it ages ago, but was too shy to post blush.gif

I would love to join your group and am expecting my second child, my EDD is about July 16 and I think tomorrow I will be 5 weeks.

I had a MC in July this year, so am very cautious and nervous, however the nausea and tiredness that has kicked in today is a little more reassuring.

I've just read the previous threads and wow you lovely ladies can talk LOL  I hope I can keep up with you and I'm looking forward to sharing the journey with you.

I hope everyone is travelling ok x

#22 megalula

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:26 PM

Hi guys. Again no personals from me. Migraine tonight. Sucks but good at the same time as it is a symptom of a viable pregnancy for me. But I'm still here!

Will try to catch you all tomorrow.

Goodnight everyone!
xmeg

#23 Rolex

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:31 PM

Princess Hollie, hard to say with your hcg.  Whether or not it doubles in 48 hours is the big thing.  So glad you're in the right place though, and they are monitoring you closely.  Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you, that firstly bub is in your uterus, and secondly that he/she hangs in there.  Keep us updated!!

Hello to all the new members - there's a few of you today!  Good to see.

I'm shattered, 8:30 - bedtime yyawn.gif

#24 theM&Ms

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:43 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome and hello to all the new people - congrats to you all. Princesshollie I hope all goes well for you.

Its so nice to have an outlet like this this when I can't tell anyone. I'm going for more blood tests tomorrow and then I think I'll tell my mum. I kind of want these first few weeks to hurry up so that I know everything will be ok!
Anyway, am absolutely shattered - this whole baby making thing is exhausting!!
Have a lovely week

#25 Nic'sgot4

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:56 PM

Lenat: Yep a lively bunch we are here, Never a dull moment that's for sure.

Rebothy: I am just finishing my 1st year! I am loving the course. I think pregnancy must be catching, hanging about with too many baby's and pregnant mummas.
I have an exam in the morning eeeek! Better go and study some more!
How are you going getting everything finished up?

Thanks for the app suggestions. I've got the bump one now. It's great. original.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

A mum's tragic battle against inflammatory breast cancer

At just 37 years of age, with two young sons, Vicki was diagnosed with inflammatory breast cancer. Now her family wants all women to know the symptoms.

The business of babies around the world

Pregnancy and birth is an intriguing process no matter where you are in the world. One soon-to-be father gleans wisdom from a new guide.

Finding a positive path through IVF

It’s not surprising that IVF is often seen as a negative journey towards the ultimate positive, but having a glass-half-full approach can make a big difference to the experience.

Giving strangers the gift of parenthood

A mum explains why she and her husband are choosing to gift their leftover embryos to help strangers achieve their dream of parenthood.

Does morning sickness get better or worse with each child?

Just as every baby is unique, so is every pregnancy. And that means morning sickness can vary a lot, too.

What's so wrong with looking 'mumsy', anyway?

Why is it that the word ‘mumsy’ has connotations of such a negative nature – but seems to be the only other option apart from ‘yummy’?

Trying to speed up the inevitable

As the waiting game of late pregnancy continues, this mum considers a few things that might hurry things up a little.

One month later: where is William Tyrell?

It has been a little over a month since William Tyrell disappeared from his grandmother's home, 33 long sleepless nights for his family as they mourn the absence of their cheeky young boy.

Winter's child less likely to be moody: study

Babies born in the summer are much more likely to suffer from mood swings when they grow up, while those born in the winter are less likely to become irritable adults, scientists claim.

Single mum of two creates award-winning baby app

Suddenly single with a baby and an 11-year-old son, Tara O?Connell developed an app to improve the lives of mothers who were similarly overwhelmed.

Food for thought: looking after yourself as a new mum

As soon as your baby enters the world, everything else takes a back seat - even the necessities of daily life such as eating are severely compromised, right when you need energy the most.

'Grabbable guts' campaign aims to cut toxic fat

The Live Lighter campaign will take people inside the human body to show the internal dangers of being overweight.

The best and worst month of my life

A new mum's first month of motherhood didn't pan out as expected when she lost a family member weeks after her baby's birth.

Facebook and Apple offer to pay female staff to freeze their eggs

Facebook and Apple are hoping to provide women with the freedom to build their careers without the added pressure of having children at or by a certain age.

How a pregnancy contract could work for you and your partner

The idea of making a 'pregnancy contract' with your partner may sound a bit silly at first, but it can help make the transition to parenthood a lot smoother.

Finding a mum-friendly personal trainer

Burping babies vs burpees – yes, new mums and personal trainers live in different worlds. But they can work together - once you find the right match for you and your lifestyle.

Alleged baby snatch incident a ?misunderstanding?, say police

Police say that an incident in which a man pulled on a woman?s pram while walking a popular Sydney route late last month was a misunderstanding.

Ebola killed my aunt and is shutting down my country

Three weeks ago, my auntie, a midwife, developed a fever. Sitting here in Sydney basked in Australian sunshine, that shouldn't be big news.

The night my ovary burst

One mum shares her frightening experience and vows to never take her health for granted again.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

16 parenting truths you won't find in the baby books

I am five years into this parenting gig and I’ve learnt that sleepless nights and changing dirty nappies are child’s play.

Best and worst potty party cakes

It's nice to celebrate a child making the shift from nappies to 'big kid' undies, but do we really need a semi-realistic used toilet cake to do it? Here are some of the best and worst cakes parents have used at 'potty parties' around the world.

7 tips for a financially festive Christmas

Plan ahead - and do it now - to ensure festive season expenses don't break the bank.

'Go the F*** to Sleep' author's new book for frustrated parents

A sequel is coming soon to the 2011 hit book 'Go the F*** to Sleep' - and this time, it's about mealtimes.

Great birthday party buys from Etsy

Handmade crafts to decorate and personalise your child's next birthday - from banners to cake decorations, we've got gorgeous party finds from Etsy.

Creative storage ideas for the kids' rooms

Creative and practical storage ideas for the kids' toys and books can also add some stylish decor to your home. Visit babyology.com.au for more stylish modern finds for hip kids & parents.

The 'yucky' illness that took over my life

I have a chronic illness nobody likes to discuss, as it involves toilet talk. But it needs to be talked about.

To the mum in the doctor's waiting room

Maybe the mum I saw in that waiting room, seemingly disconnected from her baby, doesn’t have the support she needs.

10 space-saving nursery ideas

Starting a family doesn't always mean moving into a bigger house - not yet, anyway.

What's in a name?

Baby Names

Looking for a classic name, or an unusual name? Our Baby Name Finder is for you, search or browse to refine your shortlist.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.