Cheers,
~Mintie~

#2 scruff101

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:47 AM

GOLD!!!

#3 Satay Chicken

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:04 AM

Silver!!

Morning! Well, afternoon!!  Hope everyone is well today...

Scruff - I just saw your desire for cat bisuits... classic~~~

Speaking of which, my cravings and aversions have really kicked in this week!  Hate the thought of toasted tomato and cheese sandwiches ewwwwww, sucks because its one of those things you can eat.  Oh, and back on the chocolate which is not good.

Anyway, no sign of spotting / bleeding for 3 days now and feeling a little more relaxed although I still have concerns that it could happen again (OB said it could).  I am a touch concerned that it could be pooling in me - won't know for a couple fo weeks when I have my NT scan.  Booked that in for two weeks time, booked hospital today - got some stuff done which is good.

Emso - How are you today hun?  So hope you have not had any more bleeding and are resting up... so scary hey... take care.

Neane - There you are?  Hope you are really well and good to see you back chatting.

Everyone else - hope you are all well..

#4 emso

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:38 AM

Bronze!

Satay - glad to hear the bleeding/spotting has stopped. Hopefully it doesn't come back! I completely understand being turned off food... for the first 8 weeks i lived off toasted cheese sandwiches and then all of a sudden worst thing ever, havent' had one since.

Scruff - desire for cat biscuits? should I be concerned? LOL *goes off to find said post*

Afm - trying really hard to take it easy... but i'm so bored!!! day time tv sucks. And because I dont feel sick I feel silly lying in bed and not doign anything, but i'm not allowed to sweep or mop or vaccuum or anything. urgh! so much needs to be done around the house urgh! In a more positive light i can finally feel the babies kicks from the outside now... DH is yet to feel them because they always stop movign when he touches me. The more movement I feel the more relaxed i am. I have some minor spotting but nothign to be concerned about.

I've managed to get my sister and her partner around on saturday to help rip up the last room of carpet so i dont have to do any heavy lifting. Dh is going to be trolley pusher on the weekend doing the groceries because he doesnt want me to do be doing that. We also discovered that our solar heating for the pool had a big hole in it from our neighbours bouganvillea which meant water was gushing out and dropping the pool level daily. Dh has managed to get some bits and pieces to repair it and should be fixed over the weekend, I feel really helpless because I can't do anything and i'm so used to being a hands on kind of person. We have also organised which air con company we are going with, just to pick a date and we will hopefully have ducted air cond installed by the end of the month.

Our next big thing to do is sort out the nursery furniture, my parents and grandparents have offered to pay for both the cots and the pram. which is a massive help. Just gotta figure out how to organise it all. I can't wait to start setting up the room. It will finally feel real. Just hope I get the all clear to start doing things again.

only 3 more sleeps till our morph scan! I'm so excited!!

#5 Fingers Crossed!!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:47 PM

Hi ladies

Glad to read some positive posts on here!!

Satay - glad to hear the spotting has calmed down and you are getting round to booking things up!! exciting and not long till that NT scan which hopefully can set a lot of your fears to rest xx

Emso - take it easy!!! I know it might be boring but its needed so love the fact that your DH is doing all the work!! totally get how you would feel guilty but dont! ha ha! Am soo glad things have calmed down for you too and oh my god 3 more sleeps until the morph scan how exciting!! are you finding out sex? Mine is in 6 more sleeps.....

Neane - good to see you back

Scruff!! Cat biscuits??? My only craving has been for cheeseburgers but I havent let myself indulg yet..! its been tough though!!!

AFM not much to report - have started doing online research for baby items and have found an awesome wicker moses basket but its only available in mothercare UK - am trying to find a way to get it over here as its soooo lovely!!! I am heading back to the UK at Christmas so might have to bring it back with me....??

morph scan in 6 days and still undecided about finding out sex..... eeek!!
xx

#6 scruff101

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:46 PM

hehehe....those cat biscuits were pretty tempting this afternoon when I gave my kitties their lunch...

Oh satay and emso, how frightening to have a bleed.  So glad that you're both ok now - rest up.

Satay - don't over-research those sub-chronic thing-a-majigs.  It will only do your head in.  Just listen to your OB and follow their advice.

emso - it's tough sitting on the sidelines when you're used to being hands on?  Totally get how boring daytime tv is.  I had a few days off work to recover from gastro and I think I surfed the net most of the time.  What wonderful parents and grandparents you have to pay for the cots and pram.  Good luck for your morph scan!

nande - welcome back! Glad to see you had a wonderful time up at the Gold Coast  original.gif

hillplain - congratulations and welcome!  Yay for the great test results - you're doing really well.

fingerscrossed - best of luck for your morph scan.  Hope it all goes well.  As for the sex, DH wants to find out, whereas I don't!  

AFM - just plodding along, funny thing was that as soon as I had my 12 week NT scan and got back the good results, my mind has totally relaxed - I was anxious in the first trimester, basically taking it one week at a time, and now, hardly a care in the world - dunno if this is good or bad.  I don't feel pregnant anymore.  MS has more or less gone, I've gone back to the gym (yay!) and coffee no longer tastes like rubbish!  I've lost interest in my actual pregnancy, but all I'm thinking about is life with the 3 of us.

I spent the whole of Wednesday in hospital with gastro  sad.gif   - I'm one of those people who just can't stop vomiting when they get it. Woke up 3.30am Wednesday feeling very ill, started vomiting and kept vomiting every 10 minutes. DH rang the nurse-on-call service who said go to ED if I can't handle the vomiting, otherwise see a GP within 4 hours. Ended up going to the ED and was very lucky that they took me in straight away. Hooked up on IV fluids and anti-nausea meds. I only went to ED because I was worried about the baby and getting dehydrated, otherwise, I would have just stayed at home and rode it out which I have done previously. It wasn't until I was in hospital that I realised that in the previous gastro episodes I've had, I've virtually driven myself into the ground - I didn't think that severe vomiting and having the runs is worthy of a trip to the ED   blush.gif  

Hi to the rest of the AC grads  waves.gif
Have a great weekend

#7 nande

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:03 PM

Hi Girls,

Emso and Fingerscrossed - so excited you have your scans so soon, looking forward to hearing how they go, I have about 2 weeks till mine can't wait.

It's my wedding anniversary today and dh took me shopping for some maternity gear as I've had nothing to wear since I am much slimmer then when I was pregnant with dd. I also lay-byed my new pram today (phil&teds navigator) which is exciting.

I've had a couple of friend requests on FB let me know if its you??  biggrin.gif

Hope you're all having a lovely weekend.

hheart.gif

#8 scruff101

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:03 PM

Yep, one was me - I'm wearing a white v-neck Jeep tshirt.

Edited by scruff101, 10 November 2012 - 06:42 PM.

#9 hillplain

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:00 PM

HI Ladies,

Nande- one wasme black and white photo wearing a dark shirt I also sent you a message too. Congrats on the wedding aniversary.

Satay & Emso - Good to hear that things are on the improve for you. Hope that it is all gone and the rest of your pg goes well!

Scruff - how lucky you are to be all relaxed and going well! I hope that the gastro has all gone now and you are well rested after the episode.

Fingerscrossed - how exciting for you to belooking at buying. We did some research last time and were going to go shopping when we went to Melb for our scan but things ended the week before. I think that we will wait abit longer before we go down that track again!

Emso - I know how you feel. We too have been renoing for the last 5 years. After last MC I told DH that I was going to betaking it easy next time. However with a farm that is never the case. I feelso useless asking people to do things that I have always done. Watching my mum lift 20kg bagsof cement to do our verandah floor has been oneof the hardest. We are getting to the end of things here having had a huge workingbee for the last week and a half. Only some cornice to go, finish painting that and the roof, do the floors and paint and finish the skirting boards and we are there. I am etermined to have this all done by christmas as DH starts playing polocrosse all over Victoria and we are away most weekends from Jan through to August although I suspect next year may be a bit different!

Hi to everyone else and good luck with your scans tomorrow for those having them. I am nervous as hell about mine but will update after!

#10 Fingers Crossed!!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:17 PM

Hi ladies

Hope we are all well

Emso - is it today that you have your morph scan? how exciting! Cant wait to hear all about it xx

Satay - I saw a thread from you in the general section - hope everything is ok, look forward to hearing a positive update when you come in here next xx in the meantime am thinking of you

Hillplain - think you have a scan too coming up? Let us know how you go, can imagine how nervous you are but keep thinking positive thoughts x

nande - happy anniversary! what a nice idea for your DH to get you some new maternity clothes! even though we are only pregnant and large enough to wear them for a short period I think its sooo important to make yourself feel nice while pregnant so spend spend spend!!! well thats my motto anyway!!

Scruff - glas to hear you are relaxing more although that bout of gastro sounds horrible!!

AFM have been doing some more research on cots, prams, moses baskets etc etc and am starting to get some final choices being made! same with names and also birth plans - eeek cant believe I will be halfway next week! Next big thing to report back in on is the morph scan later this week - cannot wait but the good old nerves are still there!! Helps that bubs continues to kick away which is a lovely reassuring feeling!

#11 hillplain

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:18 PM

Thanks Fingers Crossed! I am looking fowards to being able to shop etc.
Hi to everyone else. I have been stalking to see how things were going for you with your scans.

AFM - well I have to say that I feel a whole lot better now. Had my 7 week scan today and all is well with 'us'. Heartbeat good and strong, a day behind and all looks great. Can't tell you how relieved that I am. Only problem is that last night I got up in the middle of the night (as we all seem to do an eternal amount of times) and somehow ended up crashing into a wall and am now black and blue all down my left side. I don't bruise easily and these ones are absolute rippers. Hopefully the soreness from that disappears soon and I can get my boots back on too!

Hope to see some updates soon!

#12 Glitterz

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:10 PM

Hi ladies.

Hillplain:  Congrats on your scan!  Its such a relief to see that everything is progressing as normal.  Ouch, hope the bruising goes away quickly for you.

Emso:  Good luck on your scan!

Scruff:  Hope your feeling better from the gastro... poor thing.  Thats not fun at all sad.gif

Satay:  Glad to hear things have improved for you, its scary seeing blood isnt it.    Do you think The clexane has a lot to do with it as well?

nande:  I sent you a personal message on FB, Im belinda.

Sorry I have been MIA for a week.  We have had a bit of a scary week.  DH and I BD, and strait after I began to bleed.  I was worried but because it was dark, i was not to freaked yet.  Then after we had our 7 week scan, OB did mention that I would probably have spotting... and so I did for the next 2 days then it stopped.  On Friday night however, I had a gush sad.gif  It was awful.  I was adamant this was the end of our pregnancy.  On saturday I popped into work and did a quick scan with OB and bub is fine thank goodness!  But its weird, each night I wake up with brown spotting and it then clears through the day.  My Ob is trying to reassure me that the clexane is causing y cervix to have little bleeds... but im over seeing blood.  I just want to enjoy this time after finally getting here after so long.  

Edited by Glitterz, 12 November 2012 - 03:17 PM.

#13 emso

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:22 PM

Good evening ladies!

Just a quick update. Had our morph scan today. Both babies doing amazingly well, both good sizes and weights. Both were very active throughout the scan, it was amazing I couldn't feel all of that movement, but I think it wont be long till I can feel it all. The scan took forever because once we had one bub done the next had to be done and twin b is very stubborn, after two walks around the block, emptying my bladder multiple times, coughing, rolling on different sides we were finally able to get all the measurements we needed.

We also are very excited to announce we are expecting two little boys! Very pleased.

In other news, we bought our pram and lay-by'd our cots today. Bought some cute baby clothes for the boys. Its begining to feel really real now!

#14 Satay Chicken

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:22 AM

Yay Emso!!!!! So exciting and thrilled that everything is going so well!!!!!! xxx

Hillplain - Oh dear! You ok?  Those groggy wake ups in the middle of the night when pregnant are terrible - feel so different to normal.  Hope you are ok.

Fingers - Congrats on being half way!  Can now definitely start doing some serious shopping..

Scruff - How are you feeling after being so unwell?  Hope you are ok.  Also, so pleased your scan went so well - I am really nervous about mine and cannot wait to get it over with, only 6 days to go.

Nande - Hope your walk went really well!!  You have heaps to talk about so I am sure it will go really well!

Glitterz - Hang in there matey!  I actually have been reading that Clexane can cause some bleeding and possibly the hematomas (what I have) - just take it easy and if you are worried about anything get a scan to put your mind at rest.  I'm still spotting off and on too - its only when I rest for two or three days that it completely stops, then its back when I am up and about again.
Has your Dr said anything about continuing with the Clexane?  I stopped last week and *think* it might have settle down my bleeding (well, I have not had red for 10 days now).
PS - your PM did not come through, if you want to PM me maybe pop through EB...
Also, how are you going with the Prednisolone?  

Hope everyone else is well and so nice to see some faces on FB  original.gif

AFM - Back at work but might go home at lunch today for a rest, slept 10 hours last night and still feel rat sht today.  I'm also piling on the weight too after being so inactive the last couple of weeks which is a worry but just feel the need to eat... gahhhhh!!!  I am going to be so round by the end of all this...
NT Scan at 1.00pm next Thursday - cannot wait to have it over with.

rolleyes.gif

Edited by Satay chicken, 13 November 2012 - 08:27 AM.

#15 think~positive

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:35 AM

Hi ladies,

Sorry I have been absent. I don't come on eb much anymore. I hope you are all well. Congrats to the newbies on your pregnancies. It is a very exciting time isn't it.

Afm I am doing ok at the moment. I was really sick with morning sickness and the flu at the beginning of the pregnancy. The morning sickness hung around for ages but finally settling. I have had cramps on and off but scans confirm all is ok. I have my morph scan this Friday. Can't wait. We haven't bought anything for the bubs yet as we want to make sure all is ok first.

Take care xx

#16 hillplain

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:57 AM

Glitterz - I hope that all is going well for you now. I was reading a book last night that said that BD can do that and it is not uncommon. Hope that all is improving.
emso - how wonderful for you. Your pics on FB are awesome. You must feel so much better now!

Satay - nearly there for you and your scan. Bet you can't wait for that one. I know how you feel. I am not a fittness person but I do a lot of physical work both at work and home and am really struggling with taking it easy. I too am  putting on weight which sucks!

Think-positive - Good luck this Friday and I hope that the MS calms for you a little. It must be aweful. Bet you can't wait to start shopping!

AFM - things are all OK (I think) seem to be floating along now that I am not so stressed. You will all be pleased to know that I know have a hall light that automatically comes on at night so that I don't fall over again. The bruises are getting prettier by the day as that are a multitude of colours. I reckon that by tomorrow I might even be able to get my boots back on too!

#17 Fingers Crossed!!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:44 AM

Morning ladies

Hillplain - ouch that fall sounds nasty - glad you have the hall light now to avoid that happening again!!

Satay - hows things with you? has the bleeding calmed down yet? When is your next scan - is it the 12 week NT scan? Bet you cant wait to be out of the first trimester!!

Think positive - good luck with your scan on Friday - I am the same and havent brought anything yet - I think its the superstituous nature in me!! I have my morph scan tomorrow so am excited/nervous all at the same time!!

emso - wow two boys!! how exciting! I bet your DH is over the moon!

Glitterz - god its scary isnt how many of us has experienced bleedings and despite knowing its very common (especially after BDing) it doesnt help how scary it feels xx keep your chin up and trust your FS - it sounds like you are in safe hands and your bubs is merrily unaware of the anguish he is causing you!!

AFM just plodding on here - bubs is def a wriggler as been feeling his/her kicks pretty much all day now since last week which is such a nice feeling and not one I will get bored of!! Felt a big kick on the bus this morning on my way to work and it just made me smile!

Can I ask a personal question and it is very silly I know but is anyone else worried about BDing during pregnancy?? My DH is vry busy with work and study at the moment so we dont have much time (and also I am normally asleep by 9pm most night!!) but its been a while (nearly a month!! which is soooo not like us) since we BDed and I dont want to turn into one of those couples already!! We've been together 10+ years and never been like this and Im not sure if its down to study/no time or the pregnancy - I know in the first trimester I was too sore after IVF and with the bleeding I had too scared but now.... I dont know!!

Anyway morph scan tomorrow which I cannot wait for although the nerves are starting to creep in....!

Take care ladies x

#18 Satay Chicken

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:33 AM

Morning!!!!  Hope everyone is really well today...

12 weeks tomorrow and time is going really slow! Been a tough couple of weeks but looking forward to the next tri so I can get back to some exercise and feeling somewhat normal - hopefully.
Been away from work alot and unfortunately I had to give my colleague my login details, sure enough she must have looked through my emails and seen stuff to confirm that I am pregnant - she's one of those people who loves to know private information about other people so she will be loving this.  And now, I find she is meeting with people for coffees that I kind of know, I know she is going it to tell them.

It sucks because only my parents know and we haven't even told Mr G's family, or most of my friends - also, I haven't even had the NT scan yet and I so worry that if there is a problem, everyone will know at work.
Anyway, I just have to live with it.  Whats weirder is that she has mentioned pregnancy to me three times in two days, not about me but in other terms - she's gagging to get it out.  rant.gif

Fingers - All the very best with your scan today, please let us know how you go??
Also, BD - DH and I haven't since August  ph34r.gif , I am just too worried too especially now with the bleeding I have had.  Also being on progesterone pesseries doesn't reall appeal.  That said, I know DH is not overly happy about it but he is being ok...  its hard I know.

Hillplain - Good for you getting the light, hope you are feeling better today.

Think-Positive - So good to see you popping in!  I know its hard to get on EB, I am not typing as much these days either..

Everyone else - have a great day... nearly the weekend.

Edited by Satay chicken, 15 November 2012 - 07:44 AM.

#19 dolcengabbana

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:25 AM

Hi ladies

I apologize for the me post in advanced.

I had NT scan on Monday we thought it went brilliantly the baby had my nose and looked to be perfect.

The following day a meeting with out fertility specialist showed poor results we had a 1:154 chance of trisomy 21, 1:27 chance of trisomy 18, 1:43 chance of trisomy 13. Also was noted that babies bladder was dilated.

Offered amino highly recommended I asked for cvs as I didn't want to wait til 15 weeks. Cairns can't do cvs only Brisbane or Townsville. Luckily the professor at Townsville was able to schedule me the next day ( yesterday) he advised my FS that we should have is immediately and with the known bladder issue my risk was now 1:10 for trisomy 18 not compatible with life kept being said to us prepare to terminate. Baby will miscarry if you don't.

we drove the 4 hours south frightened beyond belief the cvs was so traumatic painful and just horrendous my husband was sobbing at the end both of us shaking through the procedure like I have never known.

Again it was reiterated to prepare for bad news. Odds revised now 1:2 for tri 18 even if clear chromosomally baby may not survive the bladder issues as it looks not to be draining and without knowing the sex they cant know if surgery will assist and may die in utero I feel so sick scared and tired. I will have prelim results on Monday possibly Friday.  

Sorry for the post. Stay well ladies love your bumps embrace it all xxx

#20 Satay Chicken

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:30 AM

OMG Dolce - I am so so so sorry you are both going through this..
Please know that we are here for you if you need to talk, and please do.
My thoughts and prayers are with you both, please take care and stay strong together..
xx

#21 think~positive

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:36 AM

I am so sorry Dolce. That is such terrifying news. I hope the CVS results come back clear. You are in my thoughts. hugs and love to you and your baby xxx

#22 Fingers Crossed!!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:05 AM

oh Dolce - what a terrible time you and your DH are experiencing - there is nothing we can say but please know we are all thinking of you x there is also a support thread for those with issues arising out of their NT scan so the ladies in there might be of help? keep us posted hon and huge love to your bubs xx

Satay - thanks for your reply below - makes me feel better its not just me!! and how annoying is your colleague for snooping!! not long now though you can tell everyone xx

AFM - I came on here to update you all after my morph scan this morning but after Dolce's news it doesnt feel quite right.. so ill keep it very brief. We are extremely relieved and lucky that everything is looking perfect and we are having a baby........ BOY!! DH is over the moon as am I and it now feels very real! xx

#23 hillplain

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:25 PM

Dolce - Please know that my thoughts and love are with you. I know that words on a screen can't convey how much I hope that this turns out will for you and DH. Please be kind to yourself. It is times like this that remoteness makes things all that much harder for you. Please keep us all updated with how things are going and feel free to vent on here. I am more than happy to read it and if it helps you manage I say got for it.

Fingers Crossed - What a wonderful milestone for you.

Satay - I have replied to your thread this morning 3 times and lost the lot everytime. No doubt something I am doing! How terrible for you to have your privacy invaded like that. I would be one cranky person over that! On the bright side at least you are close to the end of first tri. When are you going to tell everyone? With regard to the other question about BDing *loss mentioned* In my last 'cycle' we BD'd and then I had spotting after. After trips to emergency on weekend and an aweful wait we found that we had a missed MC and I then MC. Whilst we had lost quite a bit earlier we have never really got over it. We are a bit the same as you and have only BD once since the start of the cycle due to being sore and tired etc and very nervous... I have heard however (not sure where) that sperm can help with implanting and I think progresterone too. I have put that much stuff into me that I am not sure that DH would want to be near me and my bits atm anyway.

Hi to everyone else.

#24 Magenta_

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:31 PM

Oh Dolce I am so very sorry your tests have come back with this news. It must be so stressful. Thinking of you & your family & hope things work out ok for you.
Take care,
Magenta xx

#25 Hoping4a2012baby

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:50 PM

bbighug.gif

Edited by Hoping4a2012baby, 19 November 2012 - 02:32 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to tell if your child has a speech or language problem

Left untreated, children who start school with speech and language difficulties face an increased risk of reading and writing difficulties, more bullying, poorer peer relationships and less enjoyment of school. So, what should parents expect of children at different ages?

Finding your tribe as a new mum

How was my renegade mother's group different from my first? They were my kind of people. My tribe.

Following your child's emotional roadmap

Psychologist Angharad Candlin will guide parents through their child's emotional development during her seminar at the Essential Baby and Toddler Show in Sydney this weekend.

Delivery room surprises: when gender predictions are wrong

Out of all the questions asked of mums-to-be, “Do you know what you're having?” would be right up there in popularity. Sometimes,

The fertility battle we don't talk about

“You’re nowhere near menopausal,” my doctor cheerily informed me, and my heart sank. I don’t want to live with worry about pregnancy anymore.

'My morning sickness was so bad I'm not having any more kids'

“All the horrible stuff was totally worth it to have my son. But there is absolutely no way I could go through it all again.”

The 'no children' wedding invite

It was the wedding of one of my oldest and dearest friends, and she had invited me to be her bridesmaid. It was quite an honour. But there was one problem.

Baby Dylan recovering well after spending five days alone

For up to five days he lay alone after his mother died of a suspected drug overdose, but eight-month-old Dylan Micallef has made an incredible recovery.

Win a $200 Pumpkin Patch voucher

Fill out this quick survey and tell us in 25 words or less your best pregnancy or parenting tip - you'll go in the draw to win a $200 Pumpkin Patch voucher.

The mystery of William Tyrell, little boy lost

The question remains: How does a little boy simply vanish without a trace?

Woman fights off robber, then gives birth

A thief in the US got more than he bargained for when he try to rob a woman who was nine months pregnant because he figured she would be an easy target.

Video: Two-year-old tells mum off for laughing at her

This little girl is not happy that her mum started laughing during her performance - so she tells her exactly how she feels about it.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Losing yourself to motherhood

While watching your baby grow into a unique little person is exciting and wondrous, the intensity of meeting everyone else?s needs can ever so sneakily overtake your own needs for self-care.

Tearing during delivery: the facts

Almost all women will experience bruising, grazing or tearing after a vaginal birth. Depending on the degree of tearing, there are various treatments available.

6 tips for a day out with a baby and toddler

Outings can be lots of fun with the kids, but there are inevitable challenges. Here's some information about days out to help you be a little more prepared.

Why I invited a dozen people to watch my son's birth

I sent invitations on burgundy scrapbooking paper stamped with a field of poppies, and told each person why I wanted him or her there. I warned that there would be nudity.

Getting labour started: tips for a natural induction

When your baby?s due date comes and goes without so much as a pop - let alone a bang - it can be disheartening. Mums and a doula share their stories of natural inductions.

7 mistakes old hands make with new babies

As I sat across the table from my friend ? me, a seasoned mother of three; her, a brand new mum ? I thought of all the mistakes an old-hand parent can make when visiting a newborn baby.

That's my boy: a dad's diary of the first 4 months

Unbearable anxiety, unspeakable joy, constant exhaustion and bouts of frustration ... The many shocks of first-time fatherhood resound in a dad's diary of his son's early months.

One of the most important things a new mum can do

Finances may not be as cute as a newborn, but with many women?s working arrangements changing post-baby, monetary matters need attention too.

Does this baby say 'I love you'?

She's only 10 weeks old, but this baby is already dividing people around the world.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

My Wellbeing

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.