Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:58 PM

GOLD!

#3 FeralMuddyPuddles

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:07 PM

SILVER!

#4 kahm

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:08 PM

Bronze!

Edited by kahm, 08 November 2012 - 09:09 PM.

#5 kate_123

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:25 AM

good luck today bettinae, got everthing crossed for you xxx
off to work now sick.gif decided wearing my hair back is the safest option just in case!

#6 Tigster

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:26 AM

I'm so tired all the time. I was ready for bed by 7pm last night. It doesn't help that I have to get up at 5am for DS2 and for the few days I haven't had time to have a nap during the day.

7wks today... only 5 more weeks until I start to feel alive again...

#7 karlie.jane

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:30 AM

I am the same I am so super tired but DD2 is having a bad week of sleeping at nights at the moment, so not much sleep in this house  sad.gif  I feel sorry for everyone with m/s I hope you all feel fantastic again soon original.gif

#8 jmaz86

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:02 AM

Definitely agree with feeling tired...however am a little bit better this week...I can make it past 9am without needing a nap. MS has kicked in every second day or so, with this morning included. Have a work dinner tonight and am hoping that MS decides to go away for that.

#9 Clare L

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:42 AM

Joining the tired club - I've been asleep on the sofa by 8pm most nights this week. I'm such riveting company for DP!

Other than that, all is going well. Had a scan with FS yesterday, saw little one wriggling and kicking away, measuring just over 9 weeks, so pretty much spot on! biggrin.gif

Clare
xxx

#10 Atticus_Smith

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:51 AM

Thanks for the encouragement Nervy, much appreciated!

And thanks for the info Kahm, I wasn't aware of the not eating/drinking together thing either. Will give it a go.

I've definitely been eating often, but might have to try eating smaller meals, as the MS gets so much worse when I'm hungry all I want to do is make it go away! So I've probably been eating much larger meals than I need at times.

Have also been very tired too. Slept for 10+ hours on Wednesday night! And I'm still exhausted pretty much every second of the day.

Hope everyone is doing ok today original.gif

#11 Jacni

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:27 AM

My BF is pregnant with her second child. She's around 6 weeks ahead of me (although says she's almost 18 weeks and I'm 10 weeks so maybe I got it wrong). Anyway, she is worried that she's not getting bigger so thinks there is something wrong. She went to her GP who gave her a referral for a scan but she says she can't have it until she's 18 weeks, which seems odd to me. I'm so worried for her. I suggested she go to Emergency and tell them something's wrong and they'll do a scan. Maybe she needs to make up an issue so they will see her, rather than just saying "I'm worried". Any tips? She said she hasn't yet felt any movement, which I thought came earlier with a subsequent pregnancy.

#12 key_gal

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:04 PM

QUOTE (Jacni @ 09/11/2012, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My BF is pregnant with her second child. She's around 6 weeks ahead of me (although says she's almost 18 weeks and I'm 10 weeks so maybe I got it wrong). Anyway, she is worried that she's not getting bigger so thinks there is something wrong. She went to her GP who gave her a referral for a scan but she says she can't have it until she's 18 weeks, which seems odd to me. I'm so worried for her. I suggested she go to Emergency and tell them something's wrong and they'll do a scan. Maybe she needs to make up an issue so they will see her, rather than just saying "I'm worried". Any tips? She said she hasn't yet felt any movement, which I thought came earlier with a subsequent pregnancy.

I have some doubts about emergency because unless they have a OB or Gyn on duty, most other doctors are not really trained to due with fetal/preganacy distress. So many misdiagnosed m/c are due to emergency medical staff jumping to conclusions when they cant find a heartbeat which in actual fact is due to their inexperience. Some even suggest D&C on these wrong diagnosis which is terrifying to me. I dont understand why the GP ask her to wait till 18 weeks tho, unless its simply because the u/s is fully booked.

#13 monkeys mum

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:00 PM

QUOTE (Jacni @ 09/11/2012, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

with my second pregnancy I didn't feel movement until around 19wks, everyone is different though. When was her last midwife/ob appt or scan? TBH I think feeling like you haven't gotten bigger isn't really a good indicator of the health of the pregnancy. She could ring the clinic she is going through for antenatal appts though and see what they say, that would be the best source of information or even the health direct number.

I couldn't be bothered swapping log ins so hi, I'm suprised#4 lol

Today we got my sons birthday presents bought and my little one had a hair cut and looks so much older lol Other then that shopping with ms sucked big time, lucky there was lots of toilets and I had DS2 with me so used the parents room so I didn't have to be sick with someone in the next stall lol

Ok best run for school pick up but Hi to everyone!!

QUOTE (Jacni @ 09/11/2012, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

with my second pregnancy I didn't feel movement until around 19wks, everyone is different though. When was her last midwife/ob appt or scan? TBH I think feeling like you haven't gotten bigger isn't really a good indicator of the health of the pregnancy. She could ring the clinic she is going through for antenatal appts though and see what they say, that would be the best source of information or even the health direct number.

I couldn't be bothered swapping log ins so hi, I'm suprised#4 lol

Today we got my sons birthday presents bought and my little one had a hair cut and looks so much older lol Other then that shopping with ms sucked big time, lucky there was lots of toilets and I had DS2 with me so used the parents room so I didn't have to be sick with someone in the next stall lol

Ok best run for school pick up but Hi to everyone!!

#14 teatime

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:08 PM

Just a quick one from me...Not good news here unfortunately sad.gif Had another scan today that confirmed a missed m/c at 5w6d. booked for D&C on monday. I kinda had a bad feeling before my original scan last friday, its hard to explain but I could just tell bubs had gone. its been really hard waiting for the last week to know for sure. Im ok, have had lots of tears but know i have a lil' angel looking out for me now.

Hope you dont mind if I hang around and ph34r.gif , I want to see how all your journeys end!

Take care.

#15 karlie.jane

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:46 PM

prmrjr I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Just take time out for yourself rest up. Think to the future and now you always have a beautiful angel looking over you original.gif

#16 Mizadele

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:36 PM

Hi Everybody!
I'm new to the forums, but I wanted to drop in and say 'HI'.
I am 8wks, 2dys today. So very scary!
We already have a 10yo daughter, and didn't think it was going to happen again for us.
Sadly, we had a MC in June, just 5 days after finding out we were expecting again, so this time round is terribly nerve wracking!
It feels like my first time all over again.
We had our dating scan last month, at 6w5d, which was all fine, and I am so terribly seedy all day long that I am convinced this lil' monkey is going to stick it out.
So fingers crossed, and I hope to talk to you all soon!

#17 Tigster

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:40 PM

prmrjr - bbighug.gif Take care of yourself.
Jacni - With my 2nd my belly popped out early but didn't change for about 6wks, then it started growing as per 1st pg. I felt movement from about 17wks but only if I sat really still and concentrated on it. I think 18wks is the minimum gestation for the morphology scan, so maybe the dr thinks everything is ok.

#18 Jacni

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:31 PM

I'm so sorry prmrjr. Big hugs.

Tigster - I just passed on what you said to my friend and you've made her feel a whole lot better, so thank you.

#19 Boyz_Mama

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:40 PM

QUOTE (prmrjr @ 09/11/2012, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just a quick one from me...Not good news here unfortunately sad.gif Had another scan today that confirmed a missed m/c at 5w6d.

sad.gif so sorry to hear about your loss. Cant imagine how difficult that must be:(

Welcome to Mizadele! Congrats- hope this one brings you a beautiful healthy bub original.gif

Saw OB today for first time this pregnancy.
He did dating scan, and confirmed 8w+4days.
There was no sound, and my heart stopped cause i thought there was no heartbeat cause i couldnt hear anything. But then i realised the machine had no sound. *blonde moment*

He then zoomed in and we saw the tiny heartbeat, and the baby moving around.
Was so cool watching him/her float around in the little bubble.

Hubby got so excited was really funny and he decided he wanted to tell everyone now. You'd think iy was our first not third! lol. My tummy has popped that i look pregnant so its going to be hard to hide much longer anyway i suppose. I dont suppose i can stay home another month - lol.

#20 ChilliDog

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE (prmrjr @ 09/11/2012, 03:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just a quick one from me...Not good news here unfortunately sad.gif Had another scan today that confirmed a missed m/c at 5w6d. booked for D&C on monday. I kinda had a bad feeling before my original scan last friday, its hard to explain but I could just tell bubs had gone. its been really hard waiting for the last week to know for sure. Im ok, have had lots of tears but know i have a lil' angel looking out for me now.

Hope you dont mind if I hang around and ph34r.gif , I want to see how all your journeys end!

Take care.

Prmrjr I'm so sorry to hear your sad news  bbighug.gif I'm in the same waiting game at the moment and have another week of torture before being rescanned. I hope you and your DH are being a great support to each other in this difficult time xxx

#21 FeralMuddyPuddles

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:27 PM

Prmrjr I'm so sorry to hear your sad news, sending you and your partner big hugs

Chillidog I've been thinking of you and have everything crossed that all is ok

AFM well today I didnt vomit! Yay! And I ate!! My drugs seem to be working at the moment, I even managed to forget I was pregnant for a little while! So nice to feel semi normal even for a short period, I get excited about the pregnancy then!

Misty I think you were asking about movements in another thread?  With DS i felt from around 16 weeks, but last night and tonight while lying down and being very still I have felt bubbles in my abdomen...could just be gas etc but feels similar to last time. Will be interesting to see if it continues or not ( and it's just indigestion!!!)

#22 RosieCotton

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:34 PM

So sorry prmrjr. Look after yourself.

I had some bright red spotting yesterday which completely freaked me out. No more since then and had a scan this morning which showed heart beating away and bub the correct size so really hoping I have nothing to worry about. Horrible and scary. Damn this just wait and see how things go crap is HARD.

#23 Gel_Bel

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:42 PM

Hi Ladies,

prmrjr - I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I wish you all the best. bbighug.gif

I had my first ob appointment today and again got to see "squishy" and its little heart beating away. The ob gave me a prescription for the m/s which I am so glad about as I have been working from home for a while now and would like to re-join the world!

chillidog- been thinking about you and have my finger crossed for you!

Hope everyone else is doing well!

xx

#24 bettinae

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:11 AM

Morning Loverly ladies  biggrin.gif  bbighug.gif

How are we all  bbabyflip.gif

prmrjr:  bbighug.gif  bbighug.gif Be kind to yourself sweetheart and thinking of you and remembering you in my prayers and sending big hugs xxxx

Rosiecotton: Sweetheart just take it easy xx

Well AFM: We went yesterday to OB and he had a look at our bub on the ultrasound machine in his office (the one that I need at home)lol and he saw the bub it was moving around but I couldn't see a heart beat he said oh its doing cartwheels I said I so it has a heartbeat...well yer look at it I did see it mocing but still feel uneasy I didn;t see its heartbeating but see it was on top not Internal soo harder to see I know that I am going mad and loosing it cause I think what if the baby was moving but na alive ...and he thought it was moving and I go back next frid and its gone WHATS WRONG WITH ME...this Ob knows what hes doing i he is not an idiot..... ANYWAY....he said Stay in bed and then ultrasound next frid and cheak this clot inside and then back to him the next Friday.....  wacko.gif

One thing he said and I have these words embeded in my mind...he handed me the booking forms and said "Go and book in this preg is going to go on soo we better get organised" they were like golden words to me .... bbabyflip.gif  grin.gif  I said "Is it R u sure wow" he said that bubs are very resilant and we he invisages it will be fine  we just have to get this bleeding under control and no bleeding for 2 weeks and then I can move Sooo I am not thinking that will be soon..... hey but at least im preg and looks like im going to have a baby..... bbabyflip.gif  grin.gif  bbluestork.gif  I got in the car yest after the visit and cried his words hit me and I realised I am going to get a baby I have and still am to some degree keeping part of me prepared that something could go wrong.......but thats my nature......

Soooo just have to get through the next 2 weeks...buy only a week at a time because I get ultrasound to see bub and the heartbeat next friday....then I will better we will be 12 weeks almost by friday ........

Sorry for the long post .....unfortunatly I dont have anywhere to be in a hurry DH has gone to a car and bike show today and mum had the kids sooo its just me and the cat.........xxx

bbighug.gif  bbighug.gif

#25 kate_123

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:31 AM

Oh thats wonderful Bettinae! Sounds like your ob was really pleased with what he saw and even tho we will never stop worrying, that must have been a great comfort to you! thanks for the update. Really happy for you! bbighug.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

WIN an exclusive performance from Sam Moran!

To celebrate the release of children?s musical series Play Along with Sam, out now on DVD, we?re giving one lucky parent the chance to have Sam perform at their child?s pre-school or day care!

Toddler freed after getting trapped in escalator

A shopping centre escalator needed to be pulled apart to free a toddler's trapped hand.

Why I'm kind of excited about my daughter's nits

Is it weird to say that I am secretly thrilled to find that my daughter Edie has nits?

Baby born at 10:11 on 12-13-14

Well, it's actually 13-12-14 to us over here. But still, Clare Elizabeth Keane's consecutive numerical birth time is pretty special.

On holding tightly and loving fiercely

We can't live in fear. This post is about Christmas and how at this time we should be celebrating life and grateful for what we have: our loved ones who we cherish fiercely.

Babies, relatives and coping with Christmas day

Everyone will love your baby but your baby may not be so happy to be passed around a lot of new people - nor may you want to feed with an audience.

Why I won't be posting pictures of my baby on Facebook

There are pros and cons to this policy.

The myths and truths of gender swaying

Here are a few popular methods hopeful parents-to-be use to try to get a baby of their preferred gender – and what an expert says about whether they really work.

10 easy DIY Christmas decoration ideas

It's officially time to get into the Christmas spirit. Why not branch out when you put up your tree this year and add a personal touch with a few DIY decorations? We've found the perfect easy-to-make ways to put more festive fever into your home.

The dangerous new trend of glucose challenge test refusal

A dangerous trend is seeing more mothers-to-be declining a relatively simple and painless test to check for gestational diabetes.

Office of Fair Trading reveals naughty toys ahead of Christmas

The Office of Fair Trading has pulled seven toys from shelves ahead of Christmas after they fail safety tests.

Video: Baby boy's trouble with twins

These twin girls will no doubt have fun fooling people in years to come, but nobody will be as confused as baby Landon.

Long-term reversible male contraceptive on its way

Men could soon have access to an injectable long-term contraceptive which works in a similar way to a vasectomy but promises to be easily reversed.

'I tried to kill my baby': one mum's story

After bathing and dressing her three-month-old son, Amanda had a rare moment alone with her baby.

Attack of the 'mummy brain'

I feel that almost every day, someone in my life - be they a friend, family member or complete stranger - feels the need to excuse my behaviour as I have other things on my mind.

Mum of baby who fell ill after drinking raw milk speaks out

A Melbourne mother has described how her son turned grey when he became seriously ill after drinking raw milk.

Australian divorce rate lowest since 1976

Modern newlyweds are now well into their 30s and marriage still offers something powerful a new book argues.

The aftermath of a traumatic birth experience

In Australia, 30 per cent of women find their birth experience traumatic, with 6 per cent going on to develop post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).

Young mum burns 'from inside-out'

A young mum is in intensive care after she took a friend's antibiotic and wound up with an ailment that is burning her body 'from the inside-out'.

The disagreement that can break a relationship

If he doesn't change his mind, all I can hope is that I will. It would be a waste to spend the rest of my marriage mourning a baby that never was.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Co-sleeping or no-sleeping? Mum videos worst nap ever

One mother's futile attempt to sleep in caught on camera in a hilarious - and very cute - video.

Why children misbehave during the festive season

While we all like to imagine the holiday season as being a fun, loving and bonding experience; often our reality is quiet different.

I was fat-shamed by my doctor

The fear of being weighed is the most significant factor in women cancelling medical appointments - and now weight-shaming has happened to me.

End of an era: no more childcare

As we reach the end of 2014, we're closing the book on many things for another year, most notably childcare. Our last child has attended childcare for the very last time.

WIN an exclusive performance from Sam Moran!

To celebrate the release of children?s musical series Play Along with Sam, out now on DVD, we?re giving one lucky parent the chance to have Sam perform at their child?s pre-school or day care!

The 7-year itch is more like the 10-year itch: study

Contrary to popular belief, making it past the seven-year mark doesn't mean your marriage will be smooth sailing from there on.

Should children be forced to sit on Santa's lap?

We teach kids it’s okay to say no if they don’t feel safe, so why do some parents force their children to climb in to Santa's lap?

Stop telling us that parenting gets harder

I’m sure that parenting will get harder. But life isn’t exactly smooth sailing for many of us right now, either.

Baby born weighing almost 14 pounds

Yes, the bouncing baby girl was born by caesarean section. And mum says no more kids.

The dummy debate

I'm the first to admit that when I used to see tiny babies with dummies in their mouths, I thought "Hmm, lazy parenting." And now I apologise.

'I thought I was an only child'

Imagine meeting your double at a school sports event, or regularly being mistaken for someone you haven't met. Separated twins Margaret and Joy tell their story.

Carers admit to force-feeding children

As Sydney grieves the loss of Sydney siege victims Katrina Dawson and Tori Johnson, reports have suggested that both died as heroes.

How many weeks til Christmas?

On your To-Do list

Get the "Santa" shopping done without the kids in tow.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.