This is the thread that doesn't end..

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#1 3'sACharm

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:44 PM

YES it goes on and on my friends  dev (6).gif

But I was just in the 'What do you think' section and I think the 'Who thinks they kill threads' will be a never ending thread...this on the other hand this thread will be a 0 replies & 0 views one laughing2.gif

What's the weather like where you are?

Do you have plans for the weekend? What are they?

Is it your birthday?? (If so, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!)

What is for dinner at your place tonight?

I think that is enough questions to keep this thread going for a while  dev (6).gif

#2 Feral Dinosaurus

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:47 PM

All the thread-killers will have to go to eat/sleep/work eventually.... then the real thread-killers can kill it laughing2.gif

I wish it was my birthday, I could do with the cake.

#3 Feral Borgia

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:52 PM

Thanks OP...now I have that stupid song in my head .......

#4 HeroOfCanton

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:54 PM

oh dear - now you have that song in my head sad.gif

in an attempt to drive it out, and to prove you wrong on the zero replies...
lovely & sunny!

Nutrimetics foot spa party on Saturday - free foot massage!

How about you?
No sad.gif

Honey chicken, rice & steamed veggies.

#5 ekbubby

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:58 PM

What's the weather like where you are?  Nice. Sunny. warm.

Do you have plans for the weekend? What are they? yes...cleaning out our garage for a party in a few weeks.

Is it your birthday?? (If so, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!) nope

What is for dinner at your place tonight? have no idea - DH is in charge of that area at the moment so I won't know until I get home tonight original.gif

Some people started singing it not knowing what it was,
And they'll continue singing it forever just because.........................

(and that will be in my head for the rest of the day!) lol

#6 GamerMum

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:58 PM

Another with that evil song stuck in my head now....

Windy, so that means it's dusty. Blergh. Underneath that wind is heat.

None at all. I'm sure I'll come up with something though.

No sad.gif

We're going out to the local club for roast lamb, beef and pork with various veggie dishes. yummo! And I don't have to cook!

#7 unicorn

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:13 PM

The weather here is overcast and humid. Bring on the rain I say.

DH has a sailing regatta on this weekend so I will take my studies and spend the weekend on the river bank watching the local dolphin population while I churn through another unit. Well that is what I did at the last regatta so I'm happy to repeat that.

Not my birthday.

Tonight is date night so DH and I will be dining out.

#8 71Cath

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:18 PM

QUOTE (3'sACharm @ 08/11/2012, 01:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Weather in Canberra is currently sunny, which is strange I thought it was supposed to rain today  shrug.gif

Massive plans for the weekend, I am going away for a craft weekend with my best friend, I will get to knit and gossip and eat all day for 2 days  wub.gif

It is my birthday in 21 days does that count??

Dinner tonight will be cheese on toast I think - DS and DD are at their dad's, and I will be packing for the weekend!

#9 niggles goes feral

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:20 PM

The weather is fine after an unusally rainy November week.

I'm going out to a school dinner tonight with some other parents while DH stays home with the childerflowers. The food will be very very good from what I hear and I've been keen to try this place for a while.

It's not my birthday but my Dad turns 70 in a couple of weeks and I've found him the perfect gift this week - a book of poetry he owned which we all loved as teens and ready so much it has fallen apart (also my sister claimed it as her own and it lives at her house). So I've found him his own copy again.

For dinner tonight...to be determined.

#10 MrsDamonSalvatore

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:21 PM

What's the weather like where you are? mostly sunny and warm, its a beautiful day original.gif

Do you have plans for the weekend? What are they? im working all weekend sad.gif poo!

Is it your birthday?? (If so, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!) yes it is =D..... Kidding... i just wish it was....

What is for dinner at your place tonight? ermmm..... i think savoury mince possibly... i hav mince out, i just dunno what im gonna do with it....

#11 MeHeNDa3

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:22 PM

Oh I am glad it's sunny in Canberra today! My 12 year old is there with the rest of his year 6 class mates (year 5 also) and when I read the forecast for the week on Monday, I was really confused as to what I should pack for him to wear  huh.gif

Cloudy and humid in Newcastle today, ick.

#12 Feral Grey Mare

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:22 PM

Weather: can't make up it's mind. Started out nice this morning but now it is hot but looks like a storm sometime this afternoon.

Plans: trying to make the garden look like it hasn't been totally neglected for 12 months. No horse or motorbike events this weekend......YAY !!!!!!

Birthday: ask me again in about three weeks

Dinner: probably impossible pie with chips & salad (including radishes fresh from my neighbour's 8 year-old grandson's garden).

#13 DreamFeralisations

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:24 PM

Thanks for asking.  Its a gorgeous day in paradise here.  No huge plans on the weekend.  Not my birthday, but every day is a celebration.  I just took enchiladas out of the freezer for DH to "cook" as this evening is a meeting for me.

And do you no how tempted I am too throw a bone for the gramma police to come in to this thread and help it along?

#14 Angelot

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:24 PM

The weather here is lovely and sunny

This weekend...parents-in-law have a big surprise bash planned by their kids for their ruby wedding anniversary.  Am currently contemplating what I have in my wardrobe which fits the dress code of "semi-formal and please wear something red".

It's not my birthday, but dinner is going to be a parmesan beef pie.

#15 ThatsNotMyName

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:25 PM

Unexpectedly sunny just now, it's meant to be raining.

Yep, School fete prep on Saturday then working at & enjoying the fete on Sunday.

Not today.

shrug.gif That's what I should be doing now  wink.gif

#16 girltribe4

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:25 PM

Sunny but not overly warm happy.gif

Off to the Christmas Pagent on Saturday , Santa is coming to town !!! biggrin.gif

No not mine for ages but don't want to turn 36 anyway unsure.gif

Ummmmmmm , its Taekwondo night so I will bring home something from Woolies after DD has finished her class.

#17 Ingrid the Swan

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:27 PM

Weather is perfect over here, too bad it's the only thing that is.

It was my birthday Tuesday so I'll take the well wishes.

#18 Paddlepop

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:28 PM

I've also got that stupid song in my head...grrr!

Hot and sunny with a light breeze.

Looking after my DH who is getting his tonsils out right now. According to the posts in the thread I started yesterday about tonsils, he will be feeling very sore and sorry for a while. Also, entertaining our very energetic toddler who will be wanting to be all over DH and playing with him.

No, but it is my brother's 40th birthday today! Must remember to try to ring him tonight after I get home from the hospital.

Leftovers. DH is the cook in our family, so he has made sure it is stocked with plenty of leftovers for a few nights.

#19 3'sACharm

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:31 PM

QUOTE (suziej @ 08/11/2012, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And do you no how tempted I am too throw a bone for the gramma police to come in to this thread and help it along?

No I don't know  wink.gif

#20 FeralLIfeHacker

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:32 PM

original.gif
weather - warm and sunny
plans - none xmas pageant is on but clashes with Little Aths so can't go.
birthday - nope
dinner - spag bol

#21 Justaduck

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:42 PM

Sunny now, but we got a hint of much needed rain this morning.

My parents fly home from the USA tomorrow so probably something with them. Also still trying to unpack as we just moved house.

No, it was on Sunday though

We are going to my aunts for her bday so not sure

#22 DreamFeralisations

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:08 PM

QUOTE (3'sACharm @ 08/11/2012, 01:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No I don't know  wink.gif

That is one of the three deliberate ones - no doubt they will find a forth just to justify...

biggrin.gif

Still nice here, OP.

#23 PrincessPeach

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:09 PM

Drat you...that song is also stuck in my head.

What's the weather like where you are? Alternating between raining & suuny & humid

Do you have plans for the weekend? Yes

What are they? Weekend away surfing at the Sunshine Coast

Is it your birthday?? Nope

What is for dinner at your place tonight? I've got rump steak defrosting, so it will be that with steamed veg.

#24 Ireckon

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:10 PM

QUOTE (*Browncoat* @ 08/11/2012, 01:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
oh dear - now you have that song in my head sad.gif

Try this one instead.....

Big fish, little fish, cardboard box.
Big fish, little fish, cardboard box.

#25 Baggy

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:15 PM

It's lovely and sunny.

We're all going out for dinner tonight for my brother's birthday, Friday night I am going out for karaoke with my Nan (lol), I'm not sure what we are going on Saturday. Every Sunday we go to my Grandma's for afternoon tea.  

No.
But it is my brother's Birthday.

What ever I decide to order.
Probably beef and Guinness pie. Yum!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Share the little things that make you smile

We're giving away a Mountain Buggy nano, the ultimate travel stroller - and here are some of the great entries so far.

Toddler pleads for return of "stolen" nose

A two-year-old's reaction to a game of "got your nose" shows it doesn't take much to make a toddler cry.

The 15 photos new parents share (and five they don't)

From the first scan photo to the baby covered in cake at their first birthday party, there are 15 photos most parents seem to share - and some they don't.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

Breastfeeding friendly café goes viral

A photo of a breastfeeding-friendly sign in a cafe has been posted to Facebook and shared by hundreds of mums around the world.

First look at the Bugaboo Bee3

The newest Bugaboo Bee ? the Bee3 ? offers a variety of improved features, including a much asked-for bassinet and a rainbow of colour combinations.

Childcare costs, not paid leave, the real issue for parents

Given the choice between maintaining their wage for six months to have a child, or having a reduced rate of pay for a time but a better deal on childcare when returning to work, there are no odds on what most working parents would choose.

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

We lost three babies in two years

Our first pregnancy ended the way we all expected it to - with a healthy, happy baby in our arms. What a true blessing he was, for we were not to know the heartache we were about endure.

Family turned back from doomed flight MH17

'There must have been someone watching over us and saying, 'You must not get on that flight,' says mother who narrowly avoided boarding the Malaysian Airlines flight which exploded in mid-air over the Ukraine last night.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Adorable Skeanie loafers for kids

Your little toddler or preschooler can now get their nautical on with a new range of classic loafers by Australian show brand Skeanie.

My baby is hypermobile

For months, I have been telling myself not to worry that Jasmin isn't crawling or walking. This week I heard the term hypermobile for the first time.

When you don?t bond with your baby

They say that there is no bond greater than the bond between a mother and her child. But for some women, the mother-baby bond takes more time and effort to develop.

Yumi Stynes: Having a baby after a 10-year break

After a long break, Yumi Stynes gets a reminder of the pain - and the pleasure - of giving birth.

Grieving father asks for help to Photoshop his daughter's image

When Nathan Steffel's daughter Sophia died from a liver condition at just 6 weeks old, he reached out for someone to create a beautiful image of his little girl.

Raising kids in a 'low media' home

Can you imagine a life without TV or computers? Some parents are opting for a low-tech, screen-free life for their kids.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

Be careful what you say, your baby is listening

The importance of speaking to your baby even if they are not old enough to answer back has been highlighted by new research.

The beautiful moment a baby was born at the side of a road

It's not where she expected to give birth, but mum Corrine Cinatl is delighted that her daughter's roadside arrival was captured in a series of beautiful photos.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

The Nappy Collective starts new drive

It's that time of year when the dedicated volunteers at The Nappy Collective do their bit to help out mums and children in need - and they need your help.

Baby shower cake wrecks

From misshapen cake babies to questionable text, from odd colour choices to internal organ recreation, these are the baby shower cakes that taste forgot.

Photographer captures the beauty of adoption

The love of a family is usually tough to capture on camera. This is an exception.

Pregnancy progression photo ideas

Want to record your pregnancy as your belly grows? Here are some creative, fun ideas for photo shoots along the way.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Tin can craft and DIY ideas

Got a few old formula, Milo or coffee cans around the house? Use these fantastic upcycling ideas to create items for around the house and yard.

Dads meet their newborn for the first time

Emotional photos of two fathers meeting their newborn son have resonated with viewers worldwide, attracting thousands of Facebook likes and shares.

Skin safety isn't just a summer worry

Lax about the slip slop slap with your kids as weather turns cooler? Here's a reminder as to why we have to remain vigilant for our children?s future health.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Creative sleeping baby photoshoots

See how some parents and photographers have captured sleeping babies in unusual positions and using different props.

DIY kitchen and food hacks

DIY your way to a better kitchen and make cooking easier with our clever hacks. (Some content reproduced with permission from mashable.com.)

Winter warmers for babies and toddlers

Your baby or toddler will be nice and snug in these beautiful and fun winter pieces. Most are hand-made or knitted, and they're all designed to keep your little one toastie - and adorable!

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.