Gym Chat Thread #55

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
293 replies to this topic

#276 Golden oldie

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:24 PM

Yes Mards, he left around Christmas times. He's on to bigger and better things though. Such an amazing and inspiring. I miss him so much as a trainer (we still catch up on a personal level).

DD will be home again tomorrow. DH will have the day off with her mots just some virus that has apparently gone through her class like wildfire!

Stuffed up my shoulder again today - I did it trying to start the bloody lawn mower!

#277 mards

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:20 AM

Oh yes those lawn mowers are hazardous to the shoulders - i think i pull mine every time i pull the stupid chord... but i love mowing the lawn it's very cathartic.  I hope it settles down for you soon..

Pity about your trainer - Does he not train peeps outside or just doesn't do it now..

off for a run this morning with my tunes - PEACE!

#278 Golden oldie

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:15 AM

Nope, he's not training anyone at all! He owns a couple of very successful dance schools and is concentrating on those now, as well as touring various countries in SE Asia promoting his dance workouts.

I hate lawn mowing mards! We have two small patches of grass and not enough time to zone out whilst mowing - LOL. DH is home with DD today, so hopefully he will mow the lawn wink.gif

RPM tonight - woot. Doing Underneath the Radar for T3 as requested last week. Funny thing is that none of the instructors seem to have the chorey notes for that realease, so we all have different chorey for it. Of course I think mine is the best wink.gif

Insomniac Photo of haircut or it never happened...

#279 mards

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:05 PM

http://www.runningbare.com.au/r

Sale till midnight 50% off summer stock  biggrin.gif

#280 insomniac

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:23 PM

Jodes - nothing that exciting, just a trim. It was quite short but is bob length now.

#281 Placebo

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:05 AM

Jodes  Hope you can get into the RPM workshop.  I do agree though that if it's at the end of the day, everyone is so tired they just can't face another class.  I'm going up the Sunny Coast again, and this time, I will be there alllllll day.  Balance is right at the end.  Usually I have to do the masterclass for Balance and Combat as both are so different each release.  I can get away with not doing the masterclasses for Attack and Pump.

At present I have two trainees (in two different programs).  One is great, turns up when she says she will, txts me if she is unwell.  The other one has not turned up to class at all!  I'm at the point where I'm about to say "don't bother, good luck with your life!"   I don't understand the attitude, because when I first trained, I virtually had to train myself, as other Instructors would refuse to have anyone on stage with them  rolleyes.gif

Yesterday I finally caught up with the mountain of washing that was climbing the walls due to the constant rain over the weekend.  Thank goodness!  However, it looks like this weekend will be rainy too.  I'm almost starting to get Seasonal Affect Disorder - I live in Qld for crying out loud, where is the sun??!!  laughing2.gif

...and let's not talk about the wilderness, or should I say the lawns...

#282 Golden oldie

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:49 AM

I am struggling to understand Placebo. Why bother doing training modules etc if you are not going to commit? Very strange.

Mards! My DH is not impressed with your link wink.gif

#283 insomniac

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:17 AM

Off to RPM this morning, 41 degrees & storms today so will be nice & sweaty.

Can't wait until the new classes start, I bet the instructors can though!!

I have to stop looking at links too, ordered a singlet from Sportskirts yesterday. Can't say they don't get used 6-7 days a week though.

Have a good weekend everyone.

#284 mards

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:27 PM

haha Jodes - it would have been rude of me not to share - what did you get??

Insom - 41degrees - wow - it is so different here - it is raining and cold (well 24degrees) but that is cold in summer LOL!

Off to a training course tomorrow - first of 4!!

Oh my really good news is DH and I are going to the BYRON BAY BLUES FEST at Easter!!! we  finally decided to go  - me getting a job tipped us over the edge - we have free accomm in Tweed Heads so it will be about 40min to commute to the festival every day - but worth it - oh yes and the kids will be staying at my mums!!!

#285 katei

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:13 PM

We had 40 for the last 2 days but thankfully down to 26 today - even with the humidity it is bliss!

I didn't click on the link!  My cc gets enough of a workout and I know my number by heart for online shopping.  

Insomniac - a singlet that gets worn so often is worth it!  I bought 2 sets of gym clothes (singlet/3/4 pants) when I was in NZ in July.  They were cheap (NZ$45 for both) and still look great - best gym purchase ever for me.

We have a lawnmower man who comes once a month but have just bought a lawn mower and DS thinks it is great to mow the lawns - he gets $5 for the joy!  Long may he continue to think it is great!  My mum mowed her lawn the other day - aged 78!  

I've done both days of my new program now.  I love it but it is a fraction long - I had to miss a 2km row and 5 mins on the arm ergo yesterday.  I love the bike tabata too - I did as part of my cardio today just for fun.

I've worked 3 days this week - that was enough!  It was nice to have today off.  Before cleaning the house I went for a bike rode/coffee with a friend which was nice.  We have a relatively quiet weekend with nothing on tomorrow!  Very unusual.

Mards - easter will be here very soon.  I booked tickets for Dh and I to go to Icehouse and Mark Seymour in April.  DH has an album of Icehouse called Icehouse when they were called Flowers (or something like that he told me) so I thought it would be a good birthday present for him.

It has jsut started pouring with rain - I'd better rescue the inside rabbit who has been having outside time!

kate

#286 Golden oldie

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:22 PM

Mards I got the Le Freak Disco Tank and the Sleeveless Wind Breaker (in black).

But, I also got a new RPM cycling jersey and knicks from Les Mills an hour earlier. Oops!

Off for a leisurely 110km bike ride at 5.30 tomorrow morning. Seriously, this is what happens when you make friends with people that are training for Ironman or Half Ironman  wacko.gif Although, I think the glands in my neck are swollen. Will see how I feel in the morning I guess, DD is still under the weather and I am hoping I'm not getting her germs.

Have a great weekend.

#287 insomniac

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:24 AM

Thank goodness for cooler weather! Got up at 6 and went for a 4.5km walk/run. Going to Balance later. Kids are watching cartoons and DH is still in bed so I'm going to have a hot bath.

Kate - good to hear you are enjoying the workouts.

Jodes - hope you and your gluteus are feeling okay after that ride!

Edited by insomniac, 24 February 2013 - 09:25 AM.

#288 Placebo

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:08 PM

Off for a leisurely 110km bike ride at 5.30 tomorrow morning. Seriously, this is what happens when you make friends with people that are training for Ironman or Half Ironman

Haha, poor, silly Jodes!!  A couple of my Attackers are suggesting I do "Tough Mudder" with them.  I keep suggesting I am just the support crew  biggrin.gif  

Switched the Lunge track to "Dangerous" today, and the class collectively died in the first side.  Admittedly I struggled to walk to the ipod to press "pause" afterwards - not my finest moment  roll2.gif

I have to get some new gym stuff, but have to wait until the funds increase.  Not having worked in the Christmas period drained the bank bigtime.  When gyms cut classes, I still work just as much (sometimes more), as other Instructors want time off.  We've been a bit hammered by massive bills over the last five weeks - Electricity, Gas, Rates, Car rego.  It's amazing at just how much money is involved.  Rates must be almost $1500/year and Electricity seems to be just as expensive!   cry1.gif

However, the rain has held off and the tropical jungle lawn got mowed yesterday.  That's got to be a good thing!!

#289 Placebo

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:08 PM

Just have to have a vent and get this out *puts yelling voice on*

I am so SICK of petty, jealous, stupid effing Instructors who bad-mouth other Instructors to eventually destroy their class, and remove them from the gym!  I am SICK of Instructors removing my invoices from pay envelopes (so I therefore don't get paid and have to chase it up all the time), pulling batteries off the charger, unplugging the charger, removing ipod cords, pulling random electrical cords out of the back of the stereo so nothing works, making snide remarks on handover, encouraging my participants to go to another class, outright lying to my participants about my qualifications (saying that I never passed initial training), using social media to make passive-aggressive statements regarding my class, rallying other Instructors and participants to their cause...

You know what???!!  I don't HAVE to work at your stupid gym, I'm there because the GFM wants new Instructors to join the team and provide a different perspective for the participants.   The bullying is completely repulsive, and if you worked at any other g-dam gym chain, you would be fired!

...vent over...

#290 protart roflcoptor

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:16 PM

QUOTE (Placebo @ 26/02/2013, 01:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just have to have a vent and get this out *puts yelling voice on*

I am so SICK of petty, jealous, stupid effing Instructors who bad-mouth other Instructors to eventually destroy their class, and remove them from the gym!  I am SICK of Instructors removing my invoices from pay envelopes (so I therefore don't get paid and have to chase it up all the time), pulling batteries off the charger, unplugging the charger, removing ipod cords, pulling random electrical cords out of the back of the stereo so nothing works, making snide remarks on handover, encouraging my participants to go to another class, outright lying to my participants about my qualifications (saying that I never passed initial training), using social media to make passive-aggressive statements regarding my class, rallying other Instructors and participants to their cause...

You know what???!!  I don't HAVE to work at your stupid gym, I'm there because the GFM wants new Instructors to join the team and provide a different perspective for the participants.   The bullying is completely repulsive, and if you worked at any other g-dam gym chain, you would be fired!

...vent over...

WTF??? How can you tolerate that b**chiness P? Come and work at the gym I go to. It's new, sparkly, has disco balls (you know the one  wink.gif ) and ALL da classes, grit inc.

#291 insomniac

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:10 PM

Agghh Placebo, how old are they?! Such childish behaviour. I would be on the war path.

Having my ham and salad wrap for lunch, well it would be a wrap if the mountain bread stayed together and you didn't have to eat it with a knife & fork. Got so excited there was cheese and mayo in the ingredients (low fat of course) I forgot it serves two and forgot to half the cheese lol.

#292 Golden oldie

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:30 PM

Placebo Ridiculous. I can't believe there are instructors out there like that. Screams insecurity to me. And that means you must be awesome wink.gif

Oh, and yeh, you should totally do Tough Mudder. I am signed up and paid for. No going back now...

protart roflcoptor Disco balls??? I'm intrigued. I'd love a disco ball in our cycle studio. Hm, might do an anonymous drop in the suggestion box. LOL.

Insomniac LOL, I bet it tasted good. That really annoys me about mountain bread. I am not a huge fan of bread (unless it is thick, white, toasted, lathered with butter then just the right amount of vegemite spread on it). wink.gif

Fingers crossed the rain is easing. So excited that the weeds will start taking over again. Might have to get the mower out. After my failure to start the mower last week, DH came along, topped it up with fuel and it started first go. Hahahahahahaha. At least my shoulder has recovered now.

Got into my first weights session yesterday since before christmas! I have a sore, sore chest today. That'll teach me to go so long between sessions sad.gif

#293 insomniac

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:07 AM

1.2 kgs down this week  ddance.gif

French toast for breaky today, bunless burgers for lunch (use a mushroom on the base instead of bread) and beef strog for dinner. YUM. Off to RPM this morning.

Have a great day!

#294 mards

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:44 PM

Weeeeel I must say - since I have left my gym i feel alive - there is NO b**ching NO highschool behaviour NO CLIQuES!! - i just don't understand it all now!!

I missed the Mountain bread discussion but i have trouble eating it too!!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Heartwarming prank gives single mum the house she was hired to clean

Cara Simmons arrived at work to clean a large and beautiful house in time for a party planned for that evening. It was soon hers.

Why we should stop telling new parents to 'enjoy every moment'

A few weeks ago, some dear friends of mine had their first baby. As the proud dad texted me a picture I had to fight the natural instinct to say “Enjoy every moment!”

Transgender dad breastfeeds his babies

A transgender man who breastfed his first baby - despite having his breasts removed as part of his transformation from female to male - has now had a second child.

Couple face $1 million medical bill and bankruptcy after babymoon birth

A Canadian couple were slammed with a million dollar medical bill after their daughter was prematurely during their babymoon.

Win one of 5 Little Tikes Cozy Coupe Sport

Australia?s No 1 selling car is now available in a Sports model and we have 5 to give away to some lucky Essential Baby families.

Cigarettes, junk food dominate supermarket sales growth

One in every five dollars spent at supermarkets goes on cigarettes or junk food, according to industry data.

Teacher under fire for breastfeeding in class

There is no doubt mums have a right to continue breastfeeding after they have returned to work, but one teacher in the US has taken it to the extreme.

Video: Baby sniffs beardless dad to make sure it's him

She looks him up and down and then touches his chin, but baby Lindsey still isn't sure this clean-shaven man is her dad.

The tragedy of losing a favourite teddy bear

We were green and uninitiated, perhaps a little naïve when it came to the favourite toy responsibility.

It's possible to workout while pregnant

Medical experts say intense fitness routines can be done safely during pregnancy - if the mums-to-be follow some guidelines.

Baby for Asher Keddie and Vincent Fantauzzo

Fans followed every step of her on-screen pregnancy in Offspring, now Asher Keddie is going to be a mum in real life too.

What parents really want for their kids

Are our hopes, dreams and expectations for our children what they really need?

'I had a feeling something was seriously wrong': the fight for Kaden's diagnosis

Before even giving birth, Katie Myers' maternal instincts warned her something was wrong with her baby.

When your pregnancy causes a relationship rift

Some dads-to-be don't miss a beat when their partner is pregnant; others struggle with a range of issues and can become withdrawn, right when their support is needed most.

Couple uses group photo trick to announce pregnancy to loved ones

Katharine and Kris Camilli devised a clever trick to immortalise their family and friends' reaction to their exciting pregnancy news.

Why Tracey Spicer has given up make-up

"After 30 years on television, I had become what I despised: a painted doll who spent an hour a day and close to $200 a week putting on a mask."

Empowering bikini photo of 46-year-old mum goes viral

When a group of teenagers made rude remarks about her body as she walked past them in a bikini at the local beach, Julie Cross refused to cover up.

Devastated widow discovers she's pregnant the day before husband's funeral

They had been trying to conceive a baby for seven years. Tragically Kristy Kirchner found out she was pregnant the day before her husband Royce's funeral.

Win a family pass to Disney Live!

We have 4 family passes to give away to see Disney Live! presents Three Classic Fairy Tales, touring Australia this December/January.

Gabriella Goat sues Peppa Pig

Every toddler's favourite television pig is being sued by an Italian woman who shares a name with a Peppa Pig character.

Meet the Mpregs, the male pregnancy enthusiasts

"Men can't have babies - that's something only women can do! But our community is full of like-minded people who wish otherwise."

Your new motherhood survival kit

Forget about the bright, pretty baby things - while you're in survival mode, all you'll need are the essentials.

More than 100,000 cars recalled globally after death of pregnant woman

The announcement of a mass recall comes as Malaysian police investigate the death of pregnant woman in July.

I had a 'good baby' but still suffered from postnatal depression

I had a much wanted precious baby girl, a 'good baby' who slept well, self settled and was mostly content. It just seemed implausible to think I could succumb to depression.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win one of 5 Little Tikes Cozy Coupe Sport

Australia?s No 1 selling car is now available in a Sports model and we have 5 to give away to some lucky Essential Baby families.

Join PADDINGTON on the red carpet!

To celebrate the release of PADDINGTON, we are giving five lucky winners the chance to win a family pass to the exclusive Australian Premiere in Sydney on December 7!

Knowing you are one of the lucky ones

I am secure, confident and strong, but the responsibility of protecting my children can almost bring me undone.

Why I am so emotional now I have kids?

There are so many ways in which parenthood changes us as women, but one of the most noticeable, for me, has been the changing state of my emotions.

Baby survives despite sharing womb with 'foreign body'

Baby Maia was conceived against the odds, only to find she was sharing a womb with an ominous "foreign body".

Video: Baby shows dog how to jump - or vice versa

They say dog is man's best friend, but this playful pooch seems to have chosen a jumping baby as her number one buddy.

10 ways to soothe a crying baby

New paernts can get frustrated when their newborn gets fussy and can't settle down. When you're feeling overwhelmed, try some of these simple tips to help soothe your baby.

20 baby names that are becoming more popular every year

The data-lovers at nameberry.com have been at it again – this time, they’ve discovered the names that are continually rising up the ranks, ready to take out some top spots in the next few years.

10 great meals to make for new parents

Ideally, you want to give food that isn’t expensive to make, isn't too difficult to create, and freezes well; stews, bakes, soups and pasta sauces are perfect.

'It's not you, it's me': Boston bombing survivor mum to have leg amputated

Rebekah DiMartino is going through a break-up. She even wrote a farewell love letter. But it's not to her husband.

What it's like to go through early menopause

In a cruel twist, Carla had been breastfeeding and perimenopausal at the same time. But she's far from the only one to go through menopause early.

Restaurant served alcohol to two-year-old

Busy restaurants can be forgiven for getting food and drink orders mixed up from time to time, but not when the confusion leads to a two-year-old being served an alcoholic cocktail instead of the child-friendly beverage they ordered.

Julia Morris tells of miscarriage on a flight

Julia Morris has spoken about the devastation of suffering a miscarriage while on an international flight.

Woman's survival after birth 'a story of two miracles'

A US mother is home and tending to her new baby less than a month after surviving without a pulse for 45 minutes.

Eating ice may give mental boost to the iron deficient: study

A new study proposes that, like a strong cup of coffee, ice may give those with insufficient iron a much-needed mental boost.

Tiny lives in caring hands: Thank U NICU Day

Each year in Australia, over 40,000 newborns need the help of a special care nursery or neonatal intensive care unit. One day a year, the staff are honoured by the parents they help through those dark days.

I paid $50,000 to have a girl

This time my husband and I hadn't taken any chances. We had paid $50,000 and travelled 13,000 kilometres to make sure the baby growing inside me was female.

Weird pregnancy products

Some pregnancy products come to market and are just awesome. Others just leave you scratching your head.

Dear firstborn, I'm sorry

Being a first-time mum is tough for so many reasons – particularly because you really have no idea what you're doing.

A trace of sesame could kill my son

Helen Richardson son's had two anaphylactic reactions in a month. It's traumatic for everyone.

When you know before the test says yes

It wasn't a pregnancy test or missed period that told me I was pregnant with my second baby; it was too early for those things. A doner kebab told me I was going to be a mum again.

What not to do when your partner is in labour

Robbie Williams stole the show during his wife Ayda's labour, pretty much demonstrating everything on the "what not to do when your partner is in labour" list.

Best maternity swimwear and beach cover-ups

Thinking about a tropical babymoon but have nothing to wear? Here are some great swimwear and beach cover-up options for mums-to-be.

'Chopstick Baby' born at 23 weeks

Given the nickname of 'Chopstick Baby' by local media, a baby born weighing 660g has survived a week outside the womb.

How many weeks til Christmas?

On your To-Do list

Get the "Santa" shopping done without the kids in tow.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.