Gym Chat Thread #55

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
293 replies to this topic

#276 Golden oldie

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:24 PM

Yes Mards, he left around Christmas times. He's on to bigger and better things though. Such an amazing and inspiring. I miss him so much as a trainer (we still catch up on a personal level).

DD will be home again tomorrow. DH will have the day off with her mots just some virus that has apparently gone through her class like wildfire!

Stuffed up my shoulder again today - I did it trying to start the bloody lawn mower!

#277 mards

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:20 AM

Oh yes those lawn mowers are hazardous to the shoulders - i think i pull mine every time i pull the stupid chord... but i love mowing the lawn it's very cathartic.  I hope it settles down for you soon..

Pity about your trainer - Does he not train peeps outside or just doesn't do it now..

off for a run this morning with my tunes - PEACE!

#278 Golden oldie

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:15 AM

Nope, he's not training anyone at all! He owns a couple of very successful dance schools and is concentrating on those now, as well as touring various countries in SE Asia promoting his dance workouts.

I hate lawn mowing mards! We have two small patches of grass and not enough time to zone out whilst mowing - LOL. DH is home with DD today, so hopefully he will mow the lawn wink.gif

RPM tonight - woot. Doing Underneath the Radar for T3 as requested last week. Funny thing is that none of the instructors seem to have the chorey notes for that realease, so we all have different chorey for it. Of course I think mine is the best wink.gif

Insomniac Photo of haircut or it never happened...

#279 mards

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:05 PM

http://www.runningbare.com.au/r

Sale till midnight 50% off summer stock  biggrin.gif

#280 insomniac

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:23 PM

Jodes - nothing that exciting, just a trim. It was quite short but is bob length now.

#281 Placebo

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:05 AM

Jodes  Hope you can get into the RPM workshop.  I do agree though that if it's at the end of the day, everyone is so tired they just can't face another class.  I'm going up the Sunny Coast again, and this time, I will be there alllllll day.  Balance is right at the end.  Usually I have to do the masterclass for Balance and Combat as both are so different each release.  I can get away with not doing the masterclasses for Attack and Pump.

At present I have two trainees (in two different programs).  One is great, turns up when she says she will, txts me if she is unwell.  The other one has not turned up to class at all!  I'm at the point where I'm about to say "don't bother, good luck with your life!"   I don't understand the attitude, because when I first trained, I virtually had to train myself, as other Instructors would refuse to have anyone on stage with them  rolleyes.gif

Yesterday I finally caught up with the mountain of washing that was climbing the walls due to the constant rain over the weekend.  Thank goodness!  However, it looks like this weekend will be rainy too.  I'm almost starting to get Seasonal Affect Disorder - I live in Qld for crying out loud, where is the sun??!!  laughing2.gif

...and let's not talk about the wilderness, or should I say the lawns...

#282 Golden oldie

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:49 AM

I am struggling to understand Placebo. Why bother doing training modules etc if you are not going to commit? Very strange.

Mards! My DH is not impressed with your link wink.gif

#283 insomniac

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:17 AM

Off to RPM this morning, 41 degrees & storms today so will be nice & sweaty.

Can't wait until the new classes start, I bet the instructors can though!!

I have to stop looking at links too, ordered a singlet from Sportskirts yesterday. Can't say they don't get used 6-7 days a week though.

Have a good weekend everyone.

#284 mards

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:27 PM

haha Jodes - it would have been rude of me not to share - what did you get??

Insom - 41degrees - wow - it is so different here - it is raining and cold (well 24degrees) but that is cold in summer LOL!

Off to a training course tomorrow - first of 4!!

Oh my really good news is DH and I are going to the BYRON BAY BLUES FEST at Easter!!! we  finally decided to go  - me getting a job tipped us over the edge - we have free accomm in Tweed Heads so it will be about 40min to commute to the festival every day - but worth it - oh yes and the kids will be staying at my mums!!!

#285 katei

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:13 PM

We had 40 for the last 2 days but thankfully down to 26 today - even with the humidity it is bliss!

I didn't click on the link!  My cc gets enough of a workout and I know my number by heart for online shopping.  

Insomniac - a singlet that gets worn so often is worth it!  I bought 2 sets of gym clothes (singlet/3/4 pants) when I was in NZ in July.  They were cheap (NZ$45 for both) and still look great - best gym purchase ever for me.

We have a lawnmower man who comes once a month but have just bought a lawn mower and DS thinks it is great to mow the lawns - he gets $5 for the joy!  Long may he continue to think it is great!  My mum mowed her lawn the other day - aged 78!  

I've done both days of my new program now.  I love it but it is a fraction long - I had to miss a 2km row and 5 mins on the arm ergo yesterday.  I love the bike tabata too - I did as part of my cardio today just for fun.

I've worked 3 days this week - that was enough!  It was nice to have today off.  Before cleaning the house I went for a bike rode/coffee with a friend which was nice.  We have a relatively quiet weekend with nothing on tomorrow!  Very unusual.

Mards - easter will be here very soon.  I booked tickets for Dh and I to go to Icehouse and Mark Seymour in April.  DH has an album of Icehouse called Icehouse when they were called Flowers (or something like that he told me) so I thought it would be a good birthday present for him.

It has jsut started pouring with rain - I'd better rescue the inside rabbit who has been having outside time!

kate

#286 Golden oldie

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:22 PM

Mards I got the Le Freak Disco Tank and the Sleeveless Wind Breaker (in black).

But, I also got a new RPM cycling jersey and knicks from Les Mills an hour earlier. Oops!

Off for a leisurely 110km bike ride at 5.30 tomorrow morning. Seriously, this is what happens when you make friends with people that are training for Ironman or Half Ironman  wacko.gif Although, I think the glands in my neck are swollen. Will see how I feel in the morning I guess, DD is still under the weather and I am hoping I'm not getting her germs.

Have a great weekend.

#287 insomniac

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:24 AM

Thank goodness for cooler weather! Got up at 6 and went for a 4.5km walk/run. Going to Balance later. Kids are watching cartoons and DH is still in bed so I'm going to have a hot bath.

Kate - good to hear you are enjoying the workouts.

Jodes - hope you and your gluteus are feeling okay after that ride!

Edited by insomniac, 24 February 2013 - 09:25 AM.

#288 Placebo

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:08 PM

Off for a leisurely 110km bike ride at 5.30 tomorrow morning. Seriously, this is what happens when you make friends with people that are training for Ironman or Half Ironman

Haha, poor, silly Jodes!!  A couple of my Attackers are suggesting I do "Tough Mudder" with them.  I keep suggesting I am just the support crew  biggrin.gif  

Switched the Lunge track to "Dangerous" today, and the class collectively died in the first side.  Admittedly I struggled to walk to the ipod to press "pause" afterwards - not my finest moment  roll2.gif

I have to get some new gym stuff, but have to wait until the funds increase.  Not having worked in the Christmas period drained the bank bigtime.  When gyms cut classes, I still work just as much (sometimes more), as other Instructors want time off.  We've been a bit hammered by massive bills over the last five weeks - Electricity, Gas, Rates, Car rego.  It's amazing at just how much money is involved.  Rates must be almost $1500/year and Electricity seems to be just as expensive!   cry1.gif

However, the rain has held off and the tropical jungle lawn got mowed yesterday.  That's got to be a good thing!!

#289 Placebo

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:08 PM

Just have to have a vent and get this out *puts yelling voice on*

I am so SICK of petty, jealous, stupid effing Instructors who bad-mouth other Instructors to eventually destroy their class, and remove them from the gym!  I am SICK of Instructors removing my invoices from pay envelopes (so I therefore don't get paid and have to chase it up all the time), pulling batteries off the charger, unplugging the charger, removing ipod cords, pulling random electrical cords out of the back of the stereo so nothing works, making snide remarks on handover, encouraging my participants to go to another class, outright lying to my participants about my qualifications (saying that I never passed initial training), using social media to make passive-aggressive statements regarding my class, rallying other Instructors and participants to their cause...

You know what???!!  I don't HAVE to work at your stupid gym, I'm there because the GFM wants new Instructors to join the team and provide a different perspective for the participants.   The bullying is completely repulsive, and if you worked at any other g-dam gym chain, you would be fired!

...vent over...

#290 protart roflcoptor

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:16 PM

QUOTE (Placebo @ 26/02/2013, 01:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just have to have a vent and get this out *puts yelling voice on*

I am so SICK of petty, jealous, stupid effing Instructors who bad-mouth other Instructors to eventually destroy their class, and remove them from the gym!  I am SICK of Instructors removing my invoices from pay envelopes (so I therefore don't get paid and have to chase it up all the time), pulling batteries off the charger, unplugging the charger, removing ipod cords, pulling random electrical cords out of the back of the stereo so nothing works, making snide remarks on handover, encouraging my participants to go to another class, outright lying to my participants about my qualifications (saying that I never passed initial training), using social media to make passive-aggressive statements regarding my class, rallying other Instructors and participants to their cause...

You know what???!!  I don't HAVE to work at your stupid gym, I'm there because the GFM wants new Instructors to join the team and provide a different perspective for the participants.   The bullying is completely repulsive, and if you worked at any other g-dam gym chain, you would be fired!

...vent over...

WTF??? How can you tolerate that b**chiness P? Come and work at the gym I go to. It's new, sparkly, has disco balls (you know the one  wink.gif ) and ALL da classes, grit inc.

#291 insomniac

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:10 PM

Agghh Placebo, how old are they?! Such childish behaviour. I would be on the war path.

Having my ham and salad wrap for lunch, well it would be a wrap if the mountain bread stayed together and you didn't have to eat it with a knife & fork. Got so excited there was cheese and mayo in the ingredients (low fat of course) I forgot it serves two and forgot to half the cheese lol.

#292 Golden oldie

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:30 PM

Placebo Ridiculous. I can't believe there are instructors out there like that. Screams insecurity to me. And that means you must be awesome wink.gif

Oh, and yeh, you should totally do Tough Mudder. I am signed up and paid for. No going back now...

protart roflcoptor Disco balls??? I'm intrigued. I'd love a disco ball in our cycle studio. Hm, might do an anonymous drop in the suggestion box. LOL.

Insomniac LOL, I bet it tasted good. That really annoys me about mountain bread. I am not a huge fan of bread (unless it is thick, white, toasted, lathered with butter then just the right amount of vegemite spread on it). wink.gif

Fingers crossed the rain is easing. So excited that the weeds will start taking over again. Might have to get the mower out. After my failure to start the mower last week, DH came along, topped it up with fuel and it started first go. Hahahahahahaha. At least my shoulder has recovered now.

Got into my first weights session yesterday since before christmas! I have a sore, sore chest today. That'll teach me to go so long between sessions sad.gif

#293 insomniac

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:07 AM

1.2 kgs down this week  ddance.gif

French toast for breaky today, bunless burgers for lunch (use a mushroom on the base instead of bread) and beef strog for dinner. YUM. Off to RPM this morning.

Have a great day!

#294 mards

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:44 PM

Weeeeel I must say - since I have left my gym i feel alive - there is NO b**ching NO highschool behaviour NO CLIQuES!! - i just don't understand it all now!!

I missed the Mountain bread discussion but i have trouble eating it too!!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Win $1000 with Sea-Band

Three lucky fans can win a Sea-Band prize pack valued at over $1000 each, which includes two Sea-Bands plus a $1000 Eftpos gift card!

Misery loves Facebook

Facebook users are often criticised for only showing the positive, fun parts of their lives. But what about when it swings the other way, when someone uses it for the purposes of ranting about their children all the time, never posting anything positive?

Toddler's adorable impersonation of pregnant mum

Little Ellis has noticed his mum is walking differently lately, and his impersonation of her is hilarious.

'Forgotten baby syndrome' can happen to any one of us

When my third child was two months old, I strapped her into her car seat, then promptly forgot all about her. But she survived, unharmed, because it was winter, and I was lucky.

Join the Real Mums Test Drive Team

Five mums or mums-to-be will join the EB Test Drive Team and discover great items at an exclusive Big W event. (Sydney only.)

Ten things I've learned about motherhood

Never take a good night's sleep for granted. There is no logic like toddler logic. Standing on Lego hurts every time. These are the truths of parenthood.

Parenting past the toddler years: what's next?

Your baby has grown into a toddler, and now your toddler is fast approaching the preschooler stage. What can you expect as a parent?

Tips on what to pack in your hospital bag

Before giving birth I read countless lists, ended up overpacking just a little, and now know what I'll actually want to pack next time.

New app keeps tabs on your kids at childcare

Popular new technology lets parents know what their children are up to at childcare - but not everyone is a fan.

21 things I love about newborns

There?s an irresistible magic about newborns. Of course they're not all smiles and rainbows, but they are undeniably cute and remarkable in so, so many ways.

Kid-friendly hairdressers: who says haircuts can?t be fun?

I?ve found some salons who boast setups ideal for children ? you name it, they?ve thought of it. All are designed to make haircuts fun rather than stressful.

Labour pain relief may reduce risk of postnatal depression: study

Postnatal depression is a complex condition, but researchers say pain relief during labour may help some women.

Why we need better support for men after miscarriage

In a recent study, 85 per cent of men admitted feeling sadness after their partner miscarried, but almost half said they didn't share their feelings at all. What can be done to help them?

Mum in business: Kristy Chong

Kristy Chong is the managing director of Australian-made Modibodi underwear and a mum to Lucas, 6, Jason, 4, and Isaac, 6 months. She shares her advice for other mums thinking about starting their own businesses.

From toddler to preschooler: a developmental roadmap

So your toddler is growing up and will soon be entering the preschooler years. Here are a few ways to frame their development that will help you understand what?s going in those beautiful, funny, clever little heads of theirs.

Mum sacrifices an eye for her unborn baby

Motherhood is full of sacrifices, but this woman has made a life-altering one - and her baby hasn't even been born.

A grandparent by any other name

A growing number of grandparents are shunning tradition and going against conventional names - but a grandparent by any other name still gives the same awesome cuddles and kisses.

Photographer captures the beauty of adoption

The love of a family is usually tough to capture on camera. This is an exception.

When labour just doesn't happen

After three healthy kids, I can?t help feeling I?ve been a little ripped off. I missed out on something I had always wanted to experience, and now I?ll never get the chance.

Be careful what you say, your baby is listening

The importance of speaking to your baby even if they are not old enough to answer back has been highlighted by new research.

Share the little things that make you smile

We're giving away a Mountain Buggy nano, the ultimate travel stroller - and here are some of the great entries so far.

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

Be careful what you say, your baby is listening

The importance of speaking to your baby even if they are not old enough to answer back has been highlighted by new research.

Win $1000 with Sea-Band

Three lucky fans can win a Sea-Band prize pack valued at over $1000 each, which includes two Sea-Bands plus a $1000 Eftpos gift card!

The beautiful moment a baby was born at the side of a road

It's not where she expected to give birth, but mum Corrine Cinatl is delighted that her daughter's roadside arrival was captured in a series of beautiful photos.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

Join the Real Mums Test Drive Team

Five mums or mums-to-be will join the EB Test Drive Team and discover great items at an exclusive Big W event. (Sydney only.)

The Nappy Collective starts new drive

It's that time of year when the dedicated volunteers at The Nappy Collective do their bit to help out mums and children in need - and they need your help.

Baby shower cake wrecks

From misshapen cake babies to questionable text, from odd colour choices to internal organ recreation, these are the baby shower cakes that taste forgot.

Photographer captures the beauty of adoption

The love of a family is usually tough to capture on camera. This is an exception.

Pregnancy progression photo ideas

Want to record your pregnancy as your belly grows? Here are some creative, fun ideas for photo shoots along the way.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Tin can craft and DIY ideas

Got a few old formula, Milo or coffee cans around the house? Use these fantastic upcycling ideas to create items for around the house and yard.

Dads meet their newborn for the first time

Emotional photos of two fathers meeting their newborn son have resonated with viewers worldwide, attracting thousands of Facebook likes and shares.

Skin safety isn't just a summer worry

Lax about the slip slop slap with your kids as weather turns cooler? Here's a reminder as to why we have to remain vigilant for our children?s future health.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Creative sleeping baby photoshoots

See how some parents and photographers have captured sleeping babies in unusual positions and using different props.

DIY kitchen and food hacks

DIY your way to a better kitchen and make cooking easier with our clever hacks. (Some content reproduced with permission from mashable.com.)

Winter warmers for babies and toddlers

Your baby or toddler will be nice and snug in these beautiful and fun winter pieces. Most are hand-made or knitted, and they're all designed to keep your little one toastie - and adorable!

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.