How much weight have you gain by now?

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#1 Naitruly

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:56 AM

I am 19w3d today, and I have already gain 5kg. In the last two weeks I put on 0.3kg everyday on average! However my bump is still not significant by now, just my thighs are getting larger... mad.gif

Just wanna ask, how much weight have you gain by now? and how much weight gain per week is normal?

#2 Donuts08

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:08 AM

yep ive gained 4.5kg and mainly on my butt and thighs bumps getting bigger but. just google avergae weight gain during pregnancy you should roughly gain from 11-18kg depending on your weight and BMI before falling pregnant.

#3 CheekyBuggers

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:17 AM

The avg is 2kg up until 13wks then I think about 300g wk.

All depends on your BMi b4 preg. If your small then your allowed the max gain where if your on the other end they only like 0-5kg.

#4 lozoodle

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:19 AM

I'm up about 7kg, eek. I'm almost 24 weeks. Its really slowed though, most was gained early on when I was eating stupid amounts of crap. I'm trying to exercise each day again now which will hopefully help.

#5 zackcat

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:34 AM

I've dropped from 94k to 81k at 23weeks, but hardly surprising as I am still throwing up a bit. Good news is I'm starting to be interested in food again.

I was reading that bubs bones are doing lot of forming at the moment, so keep up the calcium intake ladies  wink.gif

#6 robot sm

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:38 AM

Last time I weighed myself I had gained 6kg, I think it will be a little more now.  It's a lot to do with my diet changing though - I was vego, but had to start eating meats again (I had a lot of nausea and couldn't stand certain foods, so otherwise wouldn't have had enough iron/protein etc).  It meant we started eating more takeaway foods and I suddenly had more fats in my diet from the meats.  

I don't feel that I look much bigger (other than the big bump!) though so I'm not worrying about it until a doctor tells me otherwise.

#7 lozoodle

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:43 AM

I think it makes more sense to focus on your diet and ensure you are having a variety of nutritious foods and also plenty of exercise, rather than worrying too much about the number itself.

If you are hungry, eat something, just make sure its got a decent amount of nutritional value. There is no point being overly restrictive if your body is telling you it needs fuel.

#8 amyc1981

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:54 AM

5kg in 19 weeks is not a lot. Nothing to worry about. Some people gain much more than that.
I am 27 weeks and have gained 9kg - nearly 10kg, but most of that was during the 5th month and seems to have slowed right down.
I was worried about it and thinking 'oh no I have really got to cut down' but since it has slowed down, I think I can see that my body needed to put on that weight and will do what it needs to do, and slow down when it needs to, so I'm not worrying too much. In the first trimester I had a big appetite, but now I'm just in the 3rd trimester and don't get that hungry, its also hard to eat a large amount because it gets so uncomfortable, so I'm definitely not overeating.
Just listen to your body and you will be fine. Recommended weight gain amounts are 11.5 - 16kg if you started with a healthy BMI so aim for that, or a little less if you were overweight and a little more if you started underweight.

#9 clm1982

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:21 PM

Only 1.5kg, i was 86kg pre pregnancy and now im 87.5kg at 23 weeks. I think i did lose about 2-3kg in the first trimester though.

#10 Alxeen

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:42 PM

Haven't weighed myself since my confirmation of BFP at the GP months ago! We have scales in a cupboard but they're high up and I've been meaning to ask DH to get them down for me. I think for this pregnancy I'm supposed to put on anywhere up to 25 kgs. Weight gain for twin pg is especially indicative of a good birth weight so it is important to keep track of, more for the putting on of enough weight than anything else! I've been trying hard to get enough calcium and good fats, and protein too, although my protein could be better being vego.

For my first pregnancy I put on about 23kgs - I was a whale! But it was mainly fluid as I shrunk afterwards.

Oh, also I heard if you measure your upper arm circumference that is a good indication of overall body fat, so if you're putting on weight, but the circumference stays the same then that's pregnancy weight. Not sure how reliable this is?

#11 frizzle

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:50 PM

I am 23 weeks and have gained about 2 kilos. I was quite chunky to begin with though. I feel slimmer in the face etc but am getting quite a large bump. this is #2 for me. I think with DS I had gained at least 6 kilos at this point, but I also lived on salt and vinegar chips.

#12 MeN3Ps!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:57 PM

xmas_cool.gif

I had trouble putting the weight on. I didn't eat through this pregnancy though as the babies took all the room!! I think at 19 weeks, I had put on 2 kilos, then I lost it from the vomiting and all the nausea I experienced!

Previous pregnancy (1 baby) I stacked on the kilos in the first 3 months. Ya never know how things will affect you and genetics and hormones play a big part!

#13 BBV

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:01 PM

I got weighed at 12 weeks and last week, I've put on 2kgs. I don't weigh myself at home and don't want to stress over it hence me not weighing at home. I may have put on weight in first twelve weeks - not sure. I'm back exercising now so hope that will help with weight gain.

#14 *Katey*

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:16 PM

Still none sad.gif

I lost about 5 - 6kg when I had the bad nausea back in the first trimester, and have only gained 1 - 2kg of that back. So as of now, at 19 weeks, I'm still about 4kg lighter than I was before I was pregnant.

Having said that though, I had some weight to 'spare' to begin with. At 164cms and 76kg (before pregnancy), I was considered overwight according to the BMI.

Edited by *Katey*, 05 November 2012 - 05:20 PM.

#15 LittleSpoon

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:28 PM

At 21 weeks I've gained about 5.5kg. I weigh myself every couple of weeks when I go to my mums house. I was underweight according to my BMI pre-pregnancy and didn't have severe MS, so gained a little in the first trimester. I'm pretty happy with how I'm tracking.

#16 Zahhy

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:41 AM

I'm at -4kg to when I fell pregnant, but was down to -8kg.
I was quite overweight to start with though.

#17 *Katey*

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:51 AM

Tonberry - I'm the same, I'm still 4kg lighter now, than what I was before I was pregnant. I lost about 6kg in the first tri and have gained about 2kg back.

I don't think anyone is concerned though, as I was defined as 'overweight' according to the BMI to begin with.

#18 *Kell*

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:42 AM

I don't believe in the BMI measurements. I was 'Ideal' according to BMI, however I felt fat. I didn't have an eating disorder, I was just flabby and couldnt see how that could be seen as 'Ideal'. I wasn't a toned 65kg person who exercised, I was a flabby 65kg, which I wasn't happy with.
I'm 21wks and have put on 4 kgs, with no exercise (I've been recommended not too much activity because of cord and placenta). But then again, I eat very small meals, rather than large ones.

#19 *Katey*

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:50 AM

QUOTE (*Kell* @ 07/11/2012, 11:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't believe in the BMI measurements. I was 'Ideal' according to BMI, however I felt fat. I didn't have an eating disorder, I was just flabby and couldnt see how that could be seen as 'Ideal'. I wasn't a toned 65kg person who exercised, I was a flabby 65kg, which I wasn't happy with.
I'm 21wks and have put on 4 kgs, with no exercise (I've been recommended not too much activity because of cord and placenta). But then again, I eat very small meals, rather than large ones.

Yeah, I was 76kg, but not a healthy 76. I hold my weight around my midsection, so even though I appear to have quite average arms/legs/butt/hips ect, I have what I like to call my 'barrel belly'. All the way around, not just on the front. I even held extra weight/fat on the middle part of my back. My mid section is quite out of proportion with the rest of my body.

So I was definitely able to lose some weight without any concern.

I'm 19 weeks and I've been seeing my OB for over a year now and she's not once weighed me. She must be able to tell that my weight (or lack of weight gain, rather) is of no concern at the moment.

Edited by *Katey*, 10 November 2012 - 07:59 AM.

#20 SarahVandooo

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:52 PM

I started off at 63kg ( I'm 5.7 so tall ) and am now hovering between 68-69 ( im almost 24 weeks ) I feel huge but considering ( much too my excitement) I can still fit in my denim shorts, I can't have gained to much fat! Atleast that's what I'm telling myself lol

#21 Serapod

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:50 PM

I am 5'0" and was about 46-47kg pre pregnancy and just today at 24+2 weigh 53.7kgs.

My thighs have increased in wobble but everywhere else seems relatively similar.

#22 WhimsicalDragonfly

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:32 PM

I just found this thread... I keep forgetting that there are ones other than the general chat thread!  Not sure if anyone is still reading it though!

My weight gain has been a bit slow, I started off with a healthy BMI, put on 2 kg by week 9, then no weight gain until week 19.  I was quite worried about this and was relieved to find I have since put on 1 more kg. So 3kg so far by week 20.  The baby has been growing okay though, my belly has definitely been getting bigger, fundal height is always spot on, and morph scan yesterday showed average size - 57th centile.  So not sure, maybe I will just gain more weight later?  My blood results have all been fine so no major health problems.  I guess it could just be that I don't eat meat, and DH has diabetes so we don't eat many carbs, and some of my major cravings have been salads!

#23 Eirlys

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:42 AM

I have no idea what weight I have gained. I know I have gained weight but my Dr has only weighed me once since becoming pregnant. To be honest I am not sure I want to know.

#24 Studybug

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:39 PM

Hi ladies

I lost something like 6/7kgs earlier on in the first trimester.  I'm now 24+1 wks and have since put on about 3kgs in the last few weeks. I started at 72 kgs, went down to 65kgs and am now 68kgs.  
I hope to gain weight gradually, and Dr told me at preg start that my weight gain goals should be 7.5-11kgs.  It'll be ok if I don't quite gain that much provided it's because I'm eating healthy food and exercising but I really should not put on anymore than that.  FAt chance I won't put on at least 7.5kgs so I guess I need to start swimming/aquanatal classes soon wink.gif

So, anyone know of aquanatal classes on Brisbane southside?

#25 naturalgoodness

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:27 AM

Lost 2kg early on, and since have gained none. I started overweight and our plan is to gain nothing (drop weight and baby grow to cancel each other out). So far so good! But still another 20 weeks to go!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Trying to speed up the inevitable

As the waiting game of late pregnancy continues, this mum considers a few things that might hurry things up a little.

One month later: where is William Tyrell?

It has been a little over a month since William Tyrell disappeared from his grandmother's home, 33 long sleepless nights for his family as they mourn the absence of their cheeky young boy.

Winter's child less likely to be moody: study

Babies born in the summer are much more likely to suffer from mood swings when they grow up, while those born in the winter are less likely to become irritable adults, scientists claim.

Single mum of two creates award-winning baby app

Suddenly single with a baby and an 11-year-old son, Tara O?Connell developed an app to improve the lives of mothers who were similarly overwhelmed.

Food for thought: looking after yourself as a new mum

As soon as your baby enters the world, everything else takes a back seat - even the necessities of daily life such as eating are severely compromised, right when you need energy the most.

'Grabbable guts' campaign aims to cut toxic fat

The Live Lighter campaign will take people inside the human body to show the internal dangers of being overweight.

The best and worst month of my life

A new mum's first month of motherhood didn't pan out as expected when she lost a family member weeks after her baby's birth.

Facebook and Apple offer to pay female staff to freeze their eggs

Facebook and Apple are hoping to provide women with the freedom to build their careers without the added pressure of having children at or by a certain age.

How a pregnancy contract could work for you and your partner

The idea of making a 'pregnancy contract' with your partner may sound a bit silly at first, but it can help make the transition to parenthood a lot smoother.

Finding a mum-friendly personal trainer

Burping babies vs burpees – yes, new mums and personal trainers live in different worlds. But they can work together - once you find the right match for you and your lifestyle.

Ambulance service under fire: baby seats to go, response times 'worse than ever'

The NSW Ambulance Service is removing child-safety seats from ambulances, while the Victorian service is facing criticism over lengthy response times following the death of a three-year-old.

Alleged baby snatch incident a ?misunderstanding?, say police

Police say that an incident in which a man pulled on a woman?s pram while walking a popular Sydney route late last month was a misunderstanding.

Ebola killed my aunt and is shutting down my country

Three weeks ago, my auntie, a midwife, developed a fever. Sitting here in Sydney basked in Australian sunshine, that shouldn't be big news.

The night my ovary burst

One mum shares her frightening experience and vows to never take her health for granted again.

Is e-reading to your toddler story time or just screen time?

When reading increasingly means swiping pages on a device, and we're advised to read to their children early and often, should parents be turning to e-readers for storytime?

Community mourns inspiring young dad

A young dad who fought a five-year battle with cancer has been remembered for his inspiring legacy at a funeral service attended by hundreds of family and friends this week.

Meningococcal kills Queensland toddler

Public health authorities say the death of a toddler in north Queensland from meningococcal disease highlights the danger the illness poses.

Nicole Kidman: 'I hope every month that I'm pregnant'

Nicole Kidman is hoping to add to her family, but says she's doubtful it will happen.

Recall: Aldi Wooden London Bus play set

Aldi has announced a recall of their popular Wooden London Bus play set.

Great gift ideas for first birthdays

From soft toys to balance bikes, here are some great ideas for first birthday gifts.

Mum learnt she was pregnant hours before giving birth

Kim Walsh arrived at the doctor with abdominal cramps. Hours later, she was cradling the baby experts told her she could never have.

How cancer has made me a better, happier person

I'm a far better person post-cancer than I ever was before. The goal now is to stay around long enough to find out who I can become, and what I can achieve.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

16 parenting truths you won't find in the baby books

I am five years into this parenting gig and I’ve learnt that sleepless nights and changing dirty nappies are child’s play.

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

Best and worst potty party cakes

It's nice to celebrate a child making the shift from nappies to 'big kid' undies, but do we really need a semi-realistic used toilet cake to do it? Here are some of the best and worst cakes parents have used at 'potty parties' around the world.

7 tips for a financially festive Christmas

Plan ahead - and do it now - to ensure festive season expenses don't break the bank.

'Go the F*** to Sleep' author's new book for frustrated parents

A sequel is coming soon to the 2011 hit book 'Go the F*** to Sleep' - and this time, it's about mealtimes.

Great birthday party buys from Etsy

Handmade crafts to decorate and personalise your child's next birthday - from banners to cake decorations, we've got gorgeous party finds from Etsy.

Creative storage ideas for the kids' rooms

Creative and practical storage ideas for the kids' toys and books can also add some stylish decor to your home. Visit babyology.com.au for more stylish modern finds for hip kids & parents.

Warnings over child pain relief doses

The Therapeutic Goods Administration has warned parents and carers over a "confusing" pain relief dosage system.

To the mum in the doctor's waiting room

Maybe the mum I saw in that waiting room, seemingly disconnected from her baby, doesn’t have the support she needs.

10 space-saving nursery ideas

Starting a family doesn't always mean moving into a bigger house - not yet, anyway.

What's in a name?

Baby Names

Looking for a classic name, or an unusual name? Our Baby Name Finder is for you, search or browse to refine your shortlist.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.