Help Please!

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Bebe1

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:32 AM

Hi Girls,

I have been stalking the EB forum for about 3 months now, it has been so helpful teaching me loads about the TTC journey and what to expect. I feel like I know all of you personally, so I better introduce myself and tell you a bit about my TTC adventures so far. Hopefully someone may be able to help me because at the moment... I feel stuck....

I went off the BCP (after 6 years, 4 without taking sugars at all... sad.gif ) in early May this year, since then I have had 3 cycles- 41 days, 48 day & 42days and currently on day 54 of the 4th. Skip to the current cycle and here is how it has played out so far. I used F2F OPK this month and not a even close to positive at all tested twice a day from day 10 to day 40 not even a hint of positive, (the previous month I used OVUNOW OPK and got a pretty much positive on day 29 got AF 11 days later...)  I did get full ferns on MB on day 35 and a slight 2nd line on OPK- so assumed that I was about to O'D ( although I know from your discussions I should throw MB out the window biggrin.gif ). We DTD every 2nd day from 19 to 35 and then twice a day 35,36,37 and then again on 39 & 40.

I assumed my period would have arrived around day 46 (as per previous LP length) but nothing, I waited until day 48 latest I have ever & nothing- so I tested using FRER and it was negative. I thought for sure I was pregnant- light headness, twinging/cramping, CM abundant. But negative, since then I have done about 10 - F2F IC tests and all negative- I did have some brownish (TMI) CM on day 46/47 but that has been replaced now but just normal creamy CM. I have cramping and assume AF has arrived and nothing........

I have made an appointment to see my doctor on Friday just to be 100% sure that I am not preggers and see what she thinks..... A little bit more information about myself to help "diagnose" me! I am 27 DH is 34- we are both fit & healthy and no known medical issues- I have bloods done a couple of months ago and my doctor said all my levels for TTC were fine. I have just started Vitex this cycle to try and reduce length- zinc, Folate & Iodine- (changed over to Conceive Well Gold about 2 weeks ago). I also got a BBT to start Temping for next cycle (which hasnt even started.... unsure.gif ..) took my temp this morning and it was 35.77c. So officially 8 days late.... but I have no set cycle length so who even knows..... Please help......

Thanks girls,

original.gif

Edited by BrookeyT, 31 October 2012 - 09:37 AM.

#2 madammuck

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:44 AM

Hi Brookey T,

Welcome!

It sounds like you're doing all the right things, bloods to ensure levels are good for conceiving, taking zinc to shorten cycle - you could try seeing a naturopath or accupuncturist if your cycles are still longish, accupuncture really helped shorten mine.

Your body is definitely trying to tell you something, though exactly what that is... I don't know! Good idea to see your GP. One of my cycles was ridiculously long, I had twinges and cramping and was referred to have a scan which revealed a large corpus luteum, totally normal but excretes excess progesterone which can delay period and make you feel a bit funny. Could be that?

Just know that you are absolutely doing all the right things, you're staying in control, being proactive and talking to the right people. Keep going, it will happen original.gif

#3 Bebe1

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:07 AM

Thanks Madammuck- I am off to Google Corpus Luteum unsure.gif .  I had booked in with an accunpuncturist this afternoon but have delayed until I see the GP on Friday.

#4 mrsmac12

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

Hi Brookey T

I would be very interested to hear how you go at the doctor having just gone off the pill myself and with cycles that are also hard to predict.

Please make sure you post the outcome of your appointment on Friday.

Good luck biggrin.gif

#5 Bebe1

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:08 PM

Will do, fingers crossed its all good

#6 mrsmac12

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:11 PM

How'd you go BrookeyT? original.gif

#7 valhalla007

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:58 AM

Hi BrookeyT sounds to me like your doing everything you can to sort it out, frustrating as it is when your cycle goes on so long, how did your appointment on Friday go?

Like you I only just this last fortnight bought a BBT thermometer to set up a chart temping.  Have you set up a fertility friend chart?  This is actually giving me a much clearer picture of what is going on and might give you something to work with.  I have just had 2 really long cycles myself this year after coming off BCP am currently in cycle 6 after a 47 day cycle.

Keep us posted on how the appt went.

fx for you

#8 Bebe1

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:59 PM

Happy Sunday afternoon everyone  cool.gif   sorry been a very busy weekend. Went to see the Dr, Friday. She has sent me for a blood test tomorrow to confirm not pregnant firstly. From there she has suggested I go to my gyno. to investigate why I am yet to see AF... day 57 today? So pretty much nothing new to report,  I asked her about going to try a naturopath/accun. in the meantime and see was happy with that. I am not feeling any new symptoms, I feel as healthy as a horse. Only 2 different things are I am quite bloated and pretty tired by the early evenings, but I could just be run down. Who knows.
I have done another preg test yesterday and definitely nothing so I can pretty much rule that out.
I think its best I do go and see my gyno in case something is wrong........

Sorry guys no real answers.....
sad.gif

#9 indie_child

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:22 PM

Hi Brookey T,

I feel your frustration. I am also struggling with long cycles, my last being 55 days. I was diagnosed with an under active thyroid which can attribute to long cycles and I have an appointment with my Doctor tomorrow to check my levels since increasing my medication. If people think the two week wait is frustrating long cycles on top of that can be torture. I hope your appointment with the gyno goes well and that your body is just getting used to being off the BCP.

Good luck!

#10 Bebe1

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:22 PM

Since my last period I have started taking Vitex to try and reduce my cycles, but I have just researched that this may have the opposite affect on some women and delay your period. Has anyone had a similar experience? I am going to stop with Vitex and see if changes anything... worth a shot I think..... unsure.gif

#11 valhalla007

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:42 PM

Since my last period I have started taking Vitex to try and reduce my cycles, but I have just researched that this may have the opposite affect on some women and delay your period. Has anyone had a similar experience? I am going to stop with Vitex and see if changes anything... worth a shot I think....

Far out BrookeyT, I was just about to buy some Vitex to try to shorten my cycle, where did you research this?  i dont know that much about it and had heard about it on another board.   I think I need to look a bit further into this too before starting it.

Hope your test results are enlightening.

Indiechild I so feel your frustration with the long cycles and LONG LONG 2WW for AF . I hope your appointment with the gyno gives you some answers.

AFM waiting for my appt with gyno/obyn to find out why my cycle has gone to 47 days last cycle.  I dont think I could have coped with a day longer, its so depressing just waiting in limbo.

fx and baby dust.

#12 Bebe1

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:46 AM

Valhalla, my limited research was online and it basically related to the increased progesterone delaying periods......and vitex increasing progesterone levels.... I am probably completely wrong but I'm willing to try or in this case stop trying anything!

#13 mrsmac12

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:23 PM

There seems to be lots of mixed messages online and in this forum about Vitex. It's all so confusing!

Thanks for letting us know the outcome BrookeyT. Always curious to see how things turn out. Good luck original.gif

#14 Bebe1

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:53 PM

MrsMac, there are certainly differing opinions on Vitex, but everyones situation/body is unique so what works for one isn't necessarily going to work for everyone. I wish you all the best with getting the right information for you! I am hoping a naturopath/accun that i am seeing this week will give some advice on what will work for me. I hope to get my blood results Wednesday, I am too scared to even let myself think I might be pregnant. 2 Weeks ago, I thought I was ABSOLUTELY preggers and got a negative test..... I was devo...  sad.gif , tears and promised never again..... but it is so hard!

Edited by BrookeyT, 05 November 2012 - 06:54 PM.

#15 Bebe1

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:10 PM

UPDATE Just to those of you who are interested, the blood results were negative. 1 possibility ruled out, now to see gyno and hopefully rule out any serious problems with cysts...ect..... fingers crossed.

Edited by BrookeyT, 07 November 2012 - 01:45 PM.

#16 valhalla007

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:29 PM

Hi Ladies,

BrookeyT, sorry it was a bfn,  bbighug.gif but well done for being so systematic, hope the gyno appt is more enlightening.  

sorry this a really short post have to take ds to gymnastics!

#17 Bebe1

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:48 AM

Hi girls, So i saw the gyno yesterday- had an ultrasound and suspects I have Polycystic Ovaries ...... I have been for more blood tests this morning sad.gif . I have what she called "lean PCOS" so she said a little harder to treat as I have no weight to loose ( which I a m learning helps those also with PCOS...)....... unsure.gif . At my first blood test months ago preparing for TTC (checking vaccinations ect) my doc. mentioned Low Vit D & Low blood sugar, at the time she said I can have more sugar and take vit D tables. But the more I read/research google I am finding that this may all be related to PCOS in lean women. I was hoping to hear from anyone who might be in a similar situation?? The gyno is talking Clomid which kinda freaks me out a little bit as I didnt think that I would need something so soon.......but I suppose I am keen to get pregnant and this may be the quickest option. I spoke to her about natural options- accunpuncture naturopath, but she didnt really give them much cred.

Edited by BrookeyT, 09 November 2012 - 10:58 AM.

#18 mrsmac12

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:29 PM

Though not a fantastic outcome, at least you have some direction now and can address the PCOS.

It's scary to think about all these issues that kind of lay dormant and only become a problem once we stop BCP and start TTC!!!!

Good luck with the clomid and try not to stress hhugs.gif

#19 miss-petal

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:37 PM

Hi Brookey,

I'm sorry to hear that you received some bad news from your doctor. I was also diagnosed with PCOS a couple of years ago, long before I started TTC. I guess I would also classify as 'lean PCOS' as I certainly don't have the weight issues that can sometimes be attributed to PCOS.

I have been seeing my FS recently and he has prescribed me 50mg clomid to help the process. I was also very against taking any kind of medication as I really didn't think we were at that stage yet, but he really put my mind at ease and explained it all very well so that I now feel very comfortable with the clomid. I started my first round yesterday and am hoping for good news!

My dr actually has a video about PCOS and fertility that he showed me that helped me to wrap my head around it, it might help you as well: http://qfg.com.au/videos/reproductive-cond.../pcos-fertility

Good luck with whatever you decide to do! If you want to chat to anyone on here about it just send me a message  yyes.gif  

Petal

#20 valhalla007

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:03 PM

Hi BrookeyT, sorry it wasnt great news from the gyno, but it sounds like you have some options and at least some firm information to start working with.  

I dont know much about Clomid but it sounds like it can really help some people.

another short post am off to dinner

#21 jazzycat89

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:08 AM

BrookeyT - bbighug.gif
I was really hoping that you would get a BFP!
I'm really glad that you at least know what's going on now, and you can address it. If you're not comfortable taking Chlomid, then don't take it just yet... give acupuncture, and a naturpath a go for a bit maybe?

#22 Bebe1

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:13 AM

First day of Provera today, so I have been prescribed to take it twice a day for 5 days. Did a HPT just to be sure and BFN so no divine miracle baby rolleyes.gif

Gyno/FS sent DH off for SA this week and she rang me to say that something must have been wrong and that he needed to do another one. Picked up a second referral and results from 1st test yesterday did some googling and it didnt look good sad.gif Lots of L & >
So not only have I got issues, but so does DH- at least I dont have to do all the feeling bad on my own! original.gif

So putting it out there, has anyone's DH had poor results and then the second time around been much better. The doctor thinks that he did something wrong with his sample- ie- wrong container, too much time ect ect but we followed the instructions to a T so I am not holding out hope for a much better result next week. sad.gif

My doctor still hasnt got all my results back from bloods but she told me over the phone that those she had received were consistent with PCOS.

Have a nice friday everyone.

X

Edited by BrookeyT, 16 November 2012 - 08:34 AM.

#23 AdelTwins

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:18 AM

Hi,
I got diagnosed with PCOS in 2010. My gyno started me on 25mg of Clomid. Lots of PCOS ladies respond to very low levels of Clomid.
I think we did 3 or 4 cycles (day 5-9) without any response. That took about 6 months - taking provera to induce periods.
When we bumped it up to 50mg I had two mature follicles with the two cycles we did. First resulted in a singleton pregnancy which miscarried at 8.5wks. We waited one cycle and tried again - which resulted in my two fraternal twin boys.
Clomid is very cheap and, for me, was relatively side effect free - I did have hot flushes, but took the tablet right before bed so slept through most of it.
Make sure your gyno does internal scans to check for mature follicles each month. Clomid has about a 10% chance of multiples. My gyno said if there were more than two mature follicles then we had to "close our legs"!
Good luck.

#24 Bwok~Bwok

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:26 AM

So putting it out there, has anyone's DH had poor results and then the second time around been much better. The doctor thinks that he did something wrong with his sample- ie- wrong container, too much time ect ect but we followed the instructions to a T so I am not holding out hope for a much better result next week

Yes sperm counts can vary. Dp was getting 80-90 million for the first 2 samples for IUI, 3rd he went down to 45 million (from memory - and that was before the 'wash') - he had been run down that month. Also if they don't 'clean their pipes' for awhile it can make a difference as well. For his 2nd test, make sure he clears everything about 2/3 days before he gives his sample.

Edited by Bwok~Bwok, 16 November 2012 - 11:27 AM.

#25 Bebe1

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:49 PM

Adeltwins thanks for the tip about Clomid before bed I will have to remember that one biggrin.gif  Wow- twins that would be amazing!

Clear pipes ok will remember that too- although we DTD 2 days before- but previous to that it had been at least 5-7 days so maybe our turnover has been a bit slack.

Since I have found out about PCOS...I have little to NO motivation to TTC naturally, I just think what is the point. Hopefully this phase will pass quickly, because I dont really like it! sad.gif

Thanks for stopping by and giving me some advice I really appreciate it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

WIN an exclusive performance from Sam Moran!

To celebrate the release of children?s musical series Play Along with Sam, out now on DVD, we?re giving one lucky parent the chance to have Sam perform at their child?s pre-school or day care!

Toddler freed after getting trapped in escalator

A shopping centre escalator needed to be pulled apart to free a toddler's trapped hand.

Why I'm kind of excited about my daughter's nits

Is it weird to say that I am secretly thrilled to find that my daughter Edie has nits?

Baby born at 10:11 on 12-13-14

Well, it's actually 13-12-14 to us over here. But still, Clare Elizabeth Keane's consecutive numerical birth time is pretty special.

On holding tightly and loving fiercely

We can't live in fear. This post is about Christmas and how at this time we should be celebrating life and grateful for what we have: our loved ones who we cherish fiercely.

Babies, relatives and coping with Christmas day

Everyone will love your baby but your baby may not be so happy to be passed around a lot of new people - nor may you want to feed with an audience.

Why I won't be posting pictures of my baby on Facebook

There are pros and cons to this policy.

The myths and truths of gender swaying

Here are a few popular methods hopeful parents-to-be use to try to get a baby of their preferred gender – and what an expert says about whether they really work.

10 easy DIY Christmas decoration ideas

It's officially time to get into the Christmas spirit. Why not branch out when you put up your tree this year and add a personal touch with a few DIY decorations? We've found the perfect easy-to-make ways to put more festive fever into your home.

The dangerous new trend of glucose challenge test refusal

A dangerous trend is seeing more mothers-to-be declining a relatively simple and painless test to check for gestational diabetes.

Office of Fair Trading reveals naughty toys ahead of Christmas

The Office of Fair Trading has pulled seven toys from shelves ahead of Christmas after they fail safety tests.

Video: Baby boy's trouble with twins

These twin girls will no doubt have fun fooling people in years to come, but nobody will be as confused as baby Landon.

Long-term reversible male contraceptive on its way

Men could soon have access to an injectable long-term contraceptive which works in a similar way to a vasectomy but promises to be easily reversed.

'I tried to kill my baby': one mum's story

After bathing and dressing her three-month-old son, Amanda had a rare moment alone with her baby.

Attack of the 'mummy brain'

I feel that almost every day, someone in my life - be they a friend, family member or complete stranger - feels the need to excuse my behaviour as I have other things on my mind.

Mum of baby who fell ill after drinking raw milk speaks out

A Melbourne mother has described how her son turned grey when he became seriously ill after drinking raw milk.

Australian divorce rate lowest since 1976

Modern newlyweds are now well into their 30s and marriage still offers something powerful a new book argues.

The aftermath of a traumatic birth experience

In Australia, 30 per cent of women find their birth experience traumatic, with 6 per cent going on to develop post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).

Young mum burns 'from inside-out'

A young mum is in intensive care after she took a friend's antibiotic and wound up with an ailment that is burning her body 'from the inside-out'.

The disagreement that can break a relationship

If he doesn't change his mind, all I can hope is that I will. It would be a waste to spend the rest of my marriage mourning a baby that never was.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Co-sleeping or no-sleeping? Mum videos worst nap ever

One mother's futile attempt to sleep in caught on camera in a hilarious - and very cute - video.

Why children misbehave during the festive season

While we all like to imagine the holiday season as being a fun, loving and bonding experience; often our reality is quiet different.

I was fat-shamed by my doctor

The fear of being weighed is the most significant factor in women cancelling medical appointments - and now weight-shaming has happened to me.

End of an era: no more childcare

As we reach the end of 2014, we're closing the book on many things for another year, most notably childcare. Our last child has attended childcare for the very last time.

WIN an exclusive performance from Sam Moran!

To celebrate the release of children?s musical series Play Along with Sam, out now on DVD, we?re giving one lucky parent the chance to have Sam perform at their child?s pre-school or day care!

The 7-year itch is more like the 10-year itch: study

Contrary to popular belief, making it past the seven-year mark doesn't mean your marriage will be smooth sailing from there on.

Should children be forced to sit on Santa's lap?

We teach kids it’s okay to say no if they don’t feel safe, so why do some parents force their children to climb in to Santa's lap?

Stop telling us that parenting gets harder

I’m sure that parenting will get harder. But life isn’t exactly smooth sailing for many of us right now, either.

Baby born weighing almost 14 pounds

Yes, the bouncing baby girl was born by caesarean section. And mum says no more kids.

The dummy debate

I'm the first to admit that when I used to see tiny babies with dummies in their mouths, I thought "Hmm, lazy parenting." And now I apologise.

'I thought I was an only child'

Imagine meeting your double at a school sports event, or regularly being mistaken for someone you haven't met. Separated twins Margaret and Joy tell their story.

Carers admit to force-feeding children

As Sydney grieves the loss of Sydney siege victims Katrina Dawson and Tori Johnson, reports have suggested that both died as heroes.

How many weeks til Christmas?

On your To-Do list

Get the "Santa" shopping done without the kids in tow.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.