EDD: 9 Jan 2013
Hospital: TBC
Expecting #: 1

Spring08
EDD: 23 Jan 2013 – may be earlier due to twins
Hospital: St George Private
Expecting #: 1 & 2 (twins!)

Little.One
EDD: 24 Jan 2013 (maybe 26 – by dating scan)
Hospital: Not yet booked (planning Mater)

PeterAlexandra
EDD: 24 Jan 2012
Hospital: Probably Goulburn Public

spottydog
EDD: 25 Jan 2013
Hospital: NSW
Expecting #: 2

rednwhite
EDD: 28 Jan 2013
Hospital: NSW

amyc1981
EDD: 2 Feb 2013
Hospital: Not sure yet

WifeyM
EDD: 3 Feb 2013
Hospital: VIC

nicb73
EDD: 6 Feb 2013
Hospital: John James Hospital, Canberra
Expecting #: 1 & 2 (Twins!)

libbylu
EDD: 21 Feb 2013
Hospital: Royal Women’s Melbourne
Expecting #: 2

pinki
EDD:
Hospital:
Expecting #: 1 & 2 (twins!)

miss_heidi
EDD: 27 March 2013
Hospital: RHW in Randwick (NSW)

nno.gif  Unfair Loss – In Our Thoughts
Zanobia
DolcenGabbana
*musical*
hillplain
Peapea

#3 wtp***81

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:29 AM

It is quiet in here!

30 wks yesterday for me!  Can't believe there are only 10 weeks to go now original.gif

Had an OB appt last night and the baby weighs 1.4kg which OB was happy with and he says all is going well.  

Hope everyone else is doing well xx

#4 spottydog

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:44 PM

How is everyone going? Everyone organised with nursery, clothing etc?

I got my first lot of MCNs in the post this week, cant wait to get more, im so keen to use them.

Im 28w tomorrow, and now it feels like its going quickly, was slow at the start but its coming round fast now.

I have my glucose test next week, i have my drink at home to drink a hour before my appointment on Tuesday.

anyway hi and ill check back soon.

spotty.

#5 cordyline

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:37 AM

Hi All

I always think - hmm no updates on EB. Then I realise there is probably a new thread!

31 weeks today. No real issues here - just lots of uncomfortable niggly pregnancy symptoms (sore abdomen - no stomach muscles left, insomnia, sore boobs, headaches, bleeding nose, heartburn). I have been swimming about 2-3km per week - love it. I even forgot I was pregnant and did a handstand in the pool - then I realised maybe bub wouldn't like that sensation.  

Spotty - We have set up the nursery but I still have to wash all the sheets and baby clothes. I don't think I have enough baby clothes. Can you use fabric softener for baby sheets - or is it too strong?

Good luck with your Glucose tolerance test. Mine came back all clear.

DH told me he is getting really excited and cant wait to be a Daddy.

#6 spottydog

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:37 PM

Cordyline original.gif

I just used normal fabric softner and washing liquid/powder on DDs things. Prior to her coming along i washed it all seperatly with less but now i just use the same stuff for everyone.

I havent washed any of DS stuff yet, i will start washing sheets and blankets, then clothing in the 0000 and possibly the 000 aswell, the weather is lovely here so it wont be hard to dry it all.

Also i may wash the nappies i have been buying too original.gif I love the idea of MCNs, i just wish i had tried with DD. Never mind, she is healthy.

As for the pregnancy ailments, i hear you, heartburn and aching hips, sore back from assisting DD with shoes, toileting etc, all those mummy things i forget to be careful with.

Have a great weekend everyone.

PS i have updated photos on our FB group of bubs room, its practically finished, as DH got lovely slim boy today original.gif Room looks fab original.gif

spotty.

#7 cordyline

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:23 PM

Our nursery so far  original.gif I am probably going to keep the glider out of the nursery and in the lounge area as I imagine a bit of TV in the background might help make some of those long nights seem shorter. Sorry if the images are super-sized.

#8 spottydog

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:56 AM

Cordyline, i just LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

I really like that bedding set, i was on the verge of getting it as the monkey is just so cute! The room looks lovely and very spacious original.gif Well done.

Another busy week starting today with swimming lessons and gym for DD then a playdate, then the week continues the same.

I have my glucose drink to take in the morning before my midwife appointment. I dont have any concerns atm, so will be a short visit im sure.

spotty.

#9 wtp***81

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:16 AM

Cordyline - super cute nursery original.gif.

Spotty - Good luck with your appointment today

#10 amyc1981

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:40 PM

Hi everyone,
I feel like I've been neglecting this thread since the FB group - Cordyline you must join, we miss you!
Your nursery is so,so gorgeous and looks finished, which is a lot further than I have got! I love the theme you've chosen as well.
How is everyone going?
As I've discussed on the FB group, had my GTT this morning and it was horrible. Felt so sick, I was even considering getting DH to come get me, but after the 2nd hr I was alright and went to work. Never want to do that again.
Spotty how did you go with yours? I have an OB appt next week for the growth scan so will get results then.
Other than that, bub has been a bit quiet the last few days but fairly active today - don't think he/she liked having pure glucose for breakfast!

#11 spottydog

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:25 PM

Hiya girls,

Amy, yes i went ok, i only had the 50g or whatever it is called, so wasnt too bad. I had my breakfast and a cuppa then at 8am drank the drink in 5mins then at 9am had my blood taken, was fairly easy original.gif

I bought a second hand double pram today, we have been trying to decide what to do re prams. DD is three, yes but when i go shopping she naps often, so i just decided to grab the deal and hopefully ill use it once a week at the shops for 6months and get my moneys worth original.gif

hi to everyone.

spotty.

#12 spitzmum

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:32 AM

cordyline - love the nursery - looks fabulous!  

spottydog - which double pram did you end up getting?

AFM, I'm getting a lot of nerve regeneration pain sad.gif  Previously some part of my uterus/placenta was pushing on a nerve and I was getting numbness.  Now the numbness has disappeared and instead, like when a limb falls asleep and you get pins and needles when it wakes up, I'm getting lots of tingly pain - except it is about 10x worse than pins and needles sad.gif  Not much I can do except massage the spot, but it happens at least 3-4 times an hour.  Perhaps it is good practice for contractions laugh.gif

We don't have much left to buy or do for bub.  Went to the Baby and Kids Market with my mum on Sunday and picked up a few more small clothing items (5x0 and 4x0).  Nappy bags are on their way (from JuJuBe via a BrandsExclusive special).  All that is left to buy is the baby monitor and car sunshade.  And I only have a few more things left to sew - burping/cleanup clothes (from an old flannel sheet I accidentially put in the wash with something pink - oops!), nappy pail liners (for our MCNs) and then some washable baby wipes (Star Wars printed flannel on one side, bamboo velour on the other).

It is feeling strange - people are starting to ask "how long left" and I surprise myself when I say 8.5 wks - it seems too soon!

How is everyone sleeping?  I was doing well until this week - now I only seem to get a few hours at a time and keep waking up uncomfortable.

#13 wtp***81

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:39 AM

spitz - Sorry about the pain you are getting sad.gif  I know what you mean about how there is not long to go - I am 31 weeks today so 9 weeks to go! I have a mild panic every now and then when I think....what if the baby comes a few weeks early or something - then it is really not long to go! I have been sleeping ok - definitely waking up alot more - uncomfortable and trying to sleep on my side which is hard because I used to sleep on my back, and getting up to go to the toilet.  But I still manage to get enough sleep in I think.  It will probably get worse from here I think.  Sounds like you are very organised which is great.  

amy - Good luck with your GTT results!

spotty - good work on the bargain hunting with your double pram etc - that will come in handy I'm sure!

AFM - As I said above, 9 weeks to go and 2.5 weeks of work left, yay! I still have a fair bit to do before the baby arrives - we have got all the furniture etc for the nursery but none of it is set up yet and I still have quite a few bits and pieces to buy.  Once I finish work I will tackle the last few jobs.  

Hope everyone is having a good week original.gif

#14 spitzmum

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:37 PM

wtp - I agree about difficulties sleeping on my side, I was a back-sleeper too original.gif

#15 cordyline

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:52 AM

I am trying to be relaxed and well rested before the big event in a couple of months and all I am getting at night time is insomnia, heartburn, incredibly thirst, urgent need to pee (and then only like a little tinkle once I pry myself out of bed).

Another back-sleeper here. I struggle sleeping on my side, but now my belly is too big/heavy to sleep on my back anyway. I use 7-8 pillows! And why oh why does baby decide to kick and squirm at 3am!!

wtp - 2.5 weeks of work left...AWESOME. I am sure you will get to your to do list once you have more time. I still don't have any of the obvious stuff like nappies, wipes, towels, bath stuff, maternity pads etc.

amy - sorry to hear you felt so sick after the GTT. was it nausea from the drink? I kinda liked it...lol. I have a sweet tooth though.

AFM - had OB appt yesterday and baby is estimated to be 2kg!!! Wow! Last appt she was estimated 1.2kg so 800g in 2wks seems to be a big growth spurt. No wonder I went up 1.5kg in 2 wks. Anyway I am sure the US are not entirely accurate. But BP and everything else is all good and OB says I can continue swimming right up to the end if I want to.  biggrin.gif

Still working but I only do 3 days per week. Although next week I am working 5 days and over the weekend as we are moving offices and there is a lot to do.

First antenatal class on the 12th Nov.

#16 amyc1981

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:35 AM

cordyline yes it was just the sweetness of the drink and that much glucose on an empty stomach - had a bad reaction to it. I can't stand sweet drinks, never drink soft drink (coffee and tons of water is about all I do) and even fruit juice is too sweet for me; I am a chocoholic and love ice cream original.gif  but can't stand lollies either so probably just too sweet. Really I think it was just having an empty stomach and having to drink that - I'm not sure why some tests are non-fasting and some are? Will have to ask my OB next week. I hope my results aren't all screwy because my I felt like my blood sugars were all over the place!

Another back sleeper here too! On my side the baby kicks like crazy and then I can't sleep. Last night was a 'can't sleep' night but mainly cos DH was snoring, I gave up and went in the spare room and took a sleeping tablet - my GP told me to take Restavit as its ok in pregnancy but I really try not to take it often (only twice so far I've resorted to it) but it makes me feel drowsy and hungover the next morning, so I will have to just try warm milk or something! Once work is over, I won't take it, cos it won't matter if I don't sleep well during the night, but when I have a whole day to get through I get panicky when I can't sleep.

I did another sneaky trip to Babies r us in my lunch break yesterday and managed to spend another $160 - I didn't even buy anything big, just another swaddle, head support for the car seat, towels, nappies, facewashers, some baby bath, a thermometer etc... oops.  original.gif

how exciting some of you are so close - less than 2 months for some of you. Still another 12 weeks here! But I think that will go quick with finishing up work, Christmas, my friends wedding etc, then Jan will prob go slow again.

cordyline make sure you don't push yourself too much with moving offices - I did that once and it was a nightmare, at least you have an excuse to get you out of the heavy lifting!

Edited by amyc1981, 08 November 2012 - 11:38 AM.

#17 spottydog

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:00 PM

Hiya girls,

We have had a lovely family weekend, doing lots of fun things, started on Friday, DH had a day off, so we went to music class then the beach/lunch and finally shopping original.gif
On Saturday we went to the local shopping centre to watch santa arrive, wasnt very well organised but DD enjoyed herself. Then yesterday we went to a local market/yearly fair thing at the waterfront, which DD loved, she enjoyed the rides and the pony rides with her cousins etc. I did get sunburnt because i missed a couple of spots around my shoulders, ouch sad.gif

cordyline, great weight estimation on the bub original.gif

Hi to everyone else.

Oh my gestational diabeties came back fine original.gif

spotty.

#18 spitzmum

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:30 AM

cordyline - how did the first antenatal class go?

spotty - good to hear you don't have GD original.gif

I've only recently started getting some SPD-related pain when I get out of bed at night to go to the loo.  Will have to ask my osteo about it on Friday.  There seem to be new aches/pains or niggles popping up every couple of days sad.gif

Still 3.5 more weeks of work for me - it seems to be going by too quickly - I'm not organised enough to leave yet!

#19 cordyline

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:18 PM

The first antenatal class was good, I didn't learn too much, but it was good to get a tour of the hospital. I was happy to see a big ensuite spa bath and shower in the birthing suites. Our hospital doesnt allow water births but allows bathing/showering for as long as you like and will ask you to get out at around 9cm. I guess I can give it a test run in about 7 or so weeks.

It was hard though because the classes only finished at 9pm and by the time we got home and fed all the animals etc it was after 10 before we got to bed. I am normally asleep by 8:30pm these days.

Spitz - do you mean you are not organised enough to leave work yet in terms of baby stuff or getting things ready to handover to someone else at work? Because you know, the show will go on just fine once you leave. I always find that people just manage without me (even though I think I am indispensable) - they might not do things exactly the way you would like them to but they work it out. Anyway I hope you manage to get everything organised and can rest and relax and enjoy Christmas.

Spotty - your family weekend sounds lovely (except for the sunburn) I usually get finger-shaped tan marks on my shoulders as I tend to apply sunblock myself on my shoulders and back.

I too have new niggles and aches and pains popping up a lot lately. Most tend to be worse in the afternoon and at night/early hours of the morning when sleeping. Usually mornings I feel quite good.

I feel bad about complaining, but I am starting to find it much harder already at 32 weeks. The kicks are getting hard under my ribs and out the right side of my belly. My legs feel like they have filled with liquid and they are fat like sausages. I'm up 14kg already. My tailbone hurts. My tummy hurts when I bump it. It gets really hard and tight in the afternoons.

#20 wtp***81

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:06 PM

Hi everyone,

spitz - what is SPD pain? I know what you mean about the new niggles and pains every day.  I get a back ache when I sit at work too much but I get stretching pains in my stomach if I walk around too much so I can't win!

cordyline - don't feel bad for complaining - it is very uncomfortable and I feel the same.  feel like I am massive.

We had our antenatal classes on the weekend - we did the intensive weekend session rather than the evening session for exactly the reason you mentioned cordyline - I would struggle to stay awake that late after a day at work!  I found them quite useful just to consolidate in my head what will happen.  I have read a bit about it but I found it helped to have it all explained to me.  I think it was good for my DH as well to learn more about it all.

I finish work at the end of next week which I can't wait for.  It has been long hours lately, 9am - 7 or 8pm every day which I am struggling with at the moment.  

Hope everyone else is doing well original.gif

#21 spitzmum

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:55 AM

cordyline - I meant that I'm not organised enough at work!  We are changing to a new set of textbooks which means new lecture slides, homework questions and assessments all need to be written.  I have 12 weeks of teaching to organise and 17 days - so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

wtp - SPD is pain at the front of your pubic bone - I only seem to get it trying to get out of bed at night to pee - so it must be something about the movement.

I don't know how you handle such long days!  It will be excellent to finish up soon original.gif

My work is pretty cruisy and I can get away with doing about 4 hrs per day from home - so I'm not fussed about working until 36 wks.  

My office manager asked how long I was going on maternity leave - it will be about 7 months all up and I will be back for the 2nd semester at uni.  But I may change my mind (the guy that is filling in for me didn't look to happy when I said that laugh.gif)

#22 cordyline

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:18 PM

Its happening... I've let myself go.

Lazing about the house in a singlet (no bra because they feel too tight) with chutney spilt down the front from my lunch and wearing a loose skirt (because its hot) with socks (because the tiles are too hard for my achy feet). Belly is poking out between the singlet and the skirt and I caught sight of myself in the hallway mirror and got a bit of a shock lol.

49 days to go...

#23 spitzmum

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:55 AM

You total bogan cordyline!

I think my bra is off almost as soon as I walk in the door these days, and I had to move to slippers for my feet because the tiles make my feet ache!

Painting the snoopy mural on the wall in our nursery day.  DH is off to golf so my mum and brother's GF are coming over to help - hopefully it goes well laugh.gif

#24 cordyline

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:49 PM

Lol - thanks spitzmum - hope your snoopy mural turns out the way you want it. Do you have stencils or just going to wing it. Good luck.

I posted this in the belly pics forum but thought I'd post it here too. Here is my latest belly pic at 33 weeks. My belly button has gone flat - hoping it doesn't pop out.

ETA - 14.5kg up so far! Yikes

Edited by cordyline, 18 November 2012 - 02:50 PM.

#25 spitzmum

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:47 PM

Looking great cordyline - very compact original.gif

The mural painting went well - I downloaded pics off the net and then we used a data projector (I borrowed from work) to sketch them onto the wall, then painted by hand.  Mum talked me out of going over the top and we ended up with Snoopy's doghouse, Snoopy dancing and Woodstock flying in the air.

I think I'm going to order a large tree decal to put in the room as well.

All up I think it took about 6 hrs to figure out picture choice, placement, size, then the painting and clean up.  I'm glad mum was there, she's an artist by trade and made lots of good suggestions.

Now I'm totally exhausted, off to make dinner then fall asleep in front of the TV!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Trying to speed up the inevitable

As the waiting game of late pregnancy continues, this mum considers a few things that might hurry things up a little.

One month later: where is William Tyrell?

It has been a little over a month since William Tyrell disappeared from his grandmother's home, 33 long sleepless nights for his family as they mourn the absence of their cheeky young boy.

Winter's child less likely to be moody: study

Babies born in the summer are much more likely to suffer from mood swings when they grow up, while those born in the winter are less likely to become irritable adults, scientists claim.

Single mum of two creates award-winning baby app

Suddenly single with a baby and an 11-year-old son, Tara O?Connell developed an app to improve the lives of mothers who were similarly overwhelmed.

Food for thought: looking after yourself as a new mum

As soon as your baby enters the world, everything else takes a back seat - even the necessities of daily life such as eating are severely compromised, right when you need energy the most.

'Grabbable guts' campaign aims to cut toxic fat

The Live Lighter campaign will take people inside the human body to show the internal dangers of being overweight.

The best and worst month of my life

A new mum's first month of motherhood didn't pan out as expected when she lost a family member weeks after her baby's birth.

Facebook and Apple offer to pay female staff to freeze their eggs

Facebook and Apple are hoping to provide women with the freedom to build their careers without the added pressure of having children at or by a certain age.

How a pregnancy contract could work for you and your partner

The idea of making a 'pregnancy contract' with your partner may sound a bit silly at first, but it can help make the transition to parenthood a lot smoother.

Finding a mum-friendly personal trainer

Burping babies vs burpees – yes, new mums and personal trainers live in different worlds. But they can work together - once you find the right match for you and your lifestyle.

Ambulance service under fire: baby seats to go, response times 'worse than ever'

The NSW Ambulance Service is removing child-safety seats from ambulances, while the Victorian service is facing criticism over lengthy response times following the death of a three-year-old.

Alleged baby snatch incident a ?misunderstanding?, say police

Police say that an incident in which a man pulled on a woman?s pram while walking a popular Sydney route late last month was a misunderstanding.

Ebola killed my aunt and is shutting down my country

Three weeks ago, my auntie, a midwife, developed a fever. Sitting here in Sydney basked in Australian sunshine, that shouldn't be big news.

The night my ovary burst

One mum shares her frightening experience and vows to never take her health for granted again.

Is e-reading to your toddler story time or just screen time?

When reading increasingly means swiping pages on a device, and we're advised to read to their children early and often, should parents be turning to e-readers for storytime?

Community mourns inspiring young dad

A young dad who fought a five-year battle with cancer has been remembered for his inspiring legacy at a funeral service attended by hundreds of family and friends this week.

Meningococcal kills Queensland toddler

Public health authorities say the death of a toddler in north Queensland from meningococcal disease highlights the danger the illness poses.

Nicole Kidman: 'I hope every month that I'm pregnant'

Nicole Kidman is hoping to add to her family, but says she's doubtful it will happen.

Recall: Aldi Wooden London Bus play set

Aldi has announced a recall of their popular Wooden London Bus play set.

Great gift ideas for first birthdays

From soft toys to balance bikes, here are some great ideas for first birthday gifts.

Mum learnt she was pregnant hours before giving birth

Kim Walsh arrived at the doctor with abdominal cramps. Hours later, she was cradling the baby experts told her she could never have.

How cancer has made me a better, happier person

I'm a far better person post-cancer than I ever was before. The goal now is to stay around long enough to find out who I can become, and what I can achieve.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

16 parenting truths you won't find in the baby books

I am five years into this parenting gig and I’ve learnt that sleepless nights and changing dirty nappies are child’s play.

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

Best and worst potty party cakes

It's nice to celebrate a child making the shift from nappies to 'big kid' undies, but do we really need a semi-realistic used toilet cake to do it? Here are some of the best and worst cakes parents have used at 'potty parties' around the world.

7 tips for a financially festive Christmas

Plan ahead - and do it now - to ensure festive season expenses don't break the bank.

'Go the F*** to Sleep' author's new book for frustrated parents

A sequel is coming soon to the 2011 hit book 'Go the F*** to Sleep' - and this time, it's about mealtimes.

Great birthday party buys from Etsy

Handmade crafts to decorate and personalise your child's next birthday - from banners to cake decorations, we've got gorgeous party finds from Etsy.

Creative storage ideas for the kids' rooms

Creative and practical storage ideas for the kids' toys and books can also add some stylish decor to your home. Visit babyology.com.au for more stylish modern finds for hip kids & parents.

Warnings over child pain relief doses

The Therapeutic Goods Administration has warned parents and carers over a "confusing" pain relief dosage system.

To the mum in the doctor's waiting room

Maybe the mum I saw in that waiting room, seemingly disconnected from her baby, doesn’t have the support she needs.

10 space-saving nursery ideas

Starting a family doesn't always mean moving into a bigger house - not yet, anyway.

What's in a name?

Baby Names

Looking for a classic name, or an unusual name? Our Baby Name Finder is for you, search or browse to refine your shortlist.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.