#1 Forum Moderator

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:39 PM

New thread time ladies.

Here's the link to your old thread.

Cheers,
~Mintie~

#2 kelwantsababy

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:26 PM

Hi ladies just wanted to pop in & let u know I hav just received confirmation that they hav cancelled my cycle. We were doin an FET but they think I may hav ovulated very early in my cycle which is very unusual for me as I've always had very irregular & long cycles (but then again my body never does anything "normal") so they didn't want to waste a good blastie. So unless by a miracle I've conceived naturally we will be waiting until AF arrives or we may even hang out & wait til next year as it's about to become pretty busy around here, it may even be that long before I get AF as I never know when shes gonna show up original.gif
I'm a lil disappointed as it would hav been the exact same timing we had when we conceived DD 3 years ago...

Anyways how is everyone else doin?
Continuing sticky vibes for u glitterz. How far along are u? When r u havin ur first scan?

#3 clrw

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:23 PM

Sorry to hear your cycle has been cancelled kelwantsababy. What a bummer! Here's hoping you have a natural miracle.

Not much to report here. Another BT and US Friday. Endometrium is perfect. I don't think there was a lead follicle yet, or that it needed a bit more time. Looking like it might be a Monday transfer.... As long as it is a daycare day. Would prefer not to have to do 6 hours driving with DS if it can be avoided!

#4 clrw

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:59 AM

Hi mums,

Super quiet in here! How is everyone?

I'm all lined up for my transfer tomorrow. At 1pm as hoped so DS will be going into daycare instead of being dragged to Canberra. Yay!!!

Not the perfect lead up. Got a spew bug and spent all day yesterday yacking. Much better today, just tired and getting hungry. Trying to rest and rehydrate.

I'm working from home rather than celebrating Melbourne Cup though. For the best as beng the organiser it's a fun but stressful day and I don't need it. I told the girls to steal a bottle of the nice pink bubbles I ordered so we can have some when I get back to work. Didn't really think too hard about that statement did I???? LOL. With any luck I will be able to share that bottle with them in 9 months....

#5 Cuddlesnkisses

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:20 PM

Hi Ladies, not sure if this is the right spot for me original.gif. Started my first cycle of IVF recently at fertility first.  38 and single, have a 4yr old DD from a previous relationship and didn't want to wait for MR Right for the second, time not being on my side....

Started on Syneral about a week ago and going in for a scan and BT tomorrow and to find out when I start the injections.  

CIRW good luck with transfer tomorrow, hope it's a quick TWW

#6 clrw

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:49 PM

Hi Cuddlesnkisses. You are in the right spot. Welcome! Good on you for going it alone. That's awesome. We have a friend who will start IVF next year as she is (in fertility terms) getting on and hasn't found The One. I hope your DD gets a sibling very soon.

Thanks for your wishes. I hope it's short too. I'm a bit hopeless in the TWW!

#7 ★balla

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:49 PM

Good Luck tomorrow cirw. My transfer is tomorrow as well eeekkk!!! Good luck I will be thinking of you,

Welcome Cuddlesnkisses and good luck with your scan and blood test also

Hi everyone else hope your all doing well

#8 clrw

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:07 AM

Hi Balla,

We can TWW together! What are you transferring and when will you test? I'm transferring a Blastocyst. My clinic tests early so 12 and 14 nov I think.

#9 ★balla

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:45 AM

Hi cirw

All went well today I actually just looked at the clock and thought of you original.gif

Im sick of waiting already lol its going to be a long 11 days my test is on the 17th!

TBH Im not 100% but 8 cell Blastocyst sounds familiar! Was by myself today so didn't really take it all in. I got a photo for hubby though hopefully one day we can show a bubba its first pic.

#10 clrw

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:48 PM

Thanks for thinking of me Balla.

Our first embie wasn't looking good so they thawed a second for transfer. If the original one picks up this afternoon they said they would refreeze but it's probably gone.

Best of luck waiting til the 17th! It's so hard!

#11 halby

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:57 PM

hay ladies congrats on your transfers. Sending you sticky vibes. Balla are you going to join the Nov 2ww?

Cuddlenkisses dont blame you for not waiting for mr right, us women need to be empowered to take control of our lives and we cant wait around for men........Fingers crossed for a successful cycle.

Kel sorry that they have cancelled your cycle, but I agree with the logic of not wasting nice embryos if it is not perfect. I am one of those people that ovulate early so I always start bloods on cd7-8. This current fet though it meant I was a pin cushion for a week as I ovulated day 13 so go figure, you never can tell.

I havent been in here much I do browse though. I have 2 more days to go in the 2ww, although I think I will poas tomorrow so will see. I went into my fet really confident with 2 beaut looking 8 cell embryos, but this 2ww really sucks the life out of you. It is so hard to remain positive, but I am trying.

Good Luck girls

#12 ★balla

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:46 PM

Hi Halby,

Yeah I have joined just been quite but I am in there original.gif

Have you POAS yet, I think I will be too chicken.

Fingers crossed for you

#13 living_bravely

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:15 PM

Hi everyone. I was wondering if I might be able to join your group. I have a 17 month old daughter but now TTC #2, fell pregnant first go in Feb but MC at 8 weeks and have now been diagnosed with LOR with AMH of less than 1 and FSH of 9.  I will be starting IVF in the new year, but I'm hoping you don't mind if I hang out here until my IVF.  Even though I am praying for a natural miracle for christmas.  I am so very very new at all of this and never expected to have a problem and I'm feeling really nervous and quite disheartened at my extremely low AMH since I am only 31.

#14 halby

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:43 PM

Living bravely welcome, although I am sorry to see that you have to be here. Its always such a lot to take in. Have you popped into the low ovarian reserve buddy group to introduce yourself there also. They are a great bunch of ladies and are well informed with LOR, and may also be able to hopefully ease some of those nerves. There is some amazing success stories amongst them which I know will lift your spirits. Also try and keep your chin up, the fact that you conceived while although you sadly miscarried, but you did get implantation so you are on the right track. I know that doesnt help much but hang in there

Hello to everyone else.

afm just waiting to start bloods for my fet. 1st bloods for tracking on Friday and then fingers crossed for the successful thaw and 2ww

#15 living_bravely

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:56 AM

Haley that actually helps a lot!  I keep trying to remind myself of that while we have our last 2 natural cycles.  We just thought we would prefer to start in the new year just so we have time to let it sink in and also continue with TCM so at least we have good chance with IVF. I have introduced myself in the other group as well.

#16 clrw

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:59 PM

Welcome living_bravely. The LOR ladies will be a huge wealth of info for you!

Just wanting to say thanks for the support Mums. It was a BFN for me this round. I've passed a message along to my FS's nurses that I'm happy with a Down reg plan rather than relying on my one frostie for a FET next. Given our travel from Sydney to Canberra for a transfer it feels too much of a risk of a cancelled cycle due to the embryo not surviving the flaw. I'll see if he agrees or not.

Either way I'm sure it will be after the New Year before we start up again. I would like to try to stay away from EB and have a proper break from AC & IVF - no guarentees, but I will try.

Best of luck and lots of BFPs to you all!

#17 Cuddlesnkisses

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:13 PM

Hi Ladies, started my Gonal F injections a few days ago and tonights one stung like a bee sad.gif I'm on 450ui? Which seems like a lot.  The FS must have looked at my ovaries and thought " these buggers are gonna need a lot of help" lol BT Monday and scan next Wednesday.  How many eggs should I expect?

Clrw,  sorry for your BFN.

#18 tryingforanother

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:10 PM

Hi everyone, hoping you don't mind me joining in! I have a 2 1/2 year DS and will be starting first round of IVF next year in March.

It's such a lot to take in, all the technology to learn about and decisions to be made.  It took us 9 months to conceive DS naturally, but an unrelated surgery has since caused major damage to both tubes and we now cannot have any further kids naturally.  IVF it is then!

In NZ, there is a 3 year waiting period before becoming elligible for publicly funded IVF treatment, and then a wait list of 12 - 18 months!  So we are having to go private as I can't wait that long.  Will stay on the public list anyway, as obviously there are no guarantees of it working the first time round?

Anyone else here have blocked tubes as a factor for needing IVF?

Good luck to those of you who are currently having treatments! I am not looking forward to that 2WW, any advice for passing the time?

#19 aidensmum

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:37 AM

Been lurking for while and thought I'd join a group this time round. On day 4 of a stim cycle. Feeling feral, PMS symptoms. Think it must be the synarel. DH can't do a thing right and im hiding from my family as I'm being a total b**ch.
We have two children that are 9 & 10. Been trying for another thru IVF for 18 months. Had been trying to decide if we want to transfer one or two embryos This cycle but had a moment of clarity when I saw a young mum with screaming twins at the shopping centre. You could tell she was having to go home and abandon whatever she intended to do. We are now hoping for one little baby to complete our family and fingers crossed there won't be too many moments when we wonder what the heck were we thinking going back for another after 10 years.

#20 Cuddlesnkisses

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:46 AM

Halby how did you go with the thaw and transfer?

Tryingforanother no blocked tubes here. What does it cost in NZ? My out of pocket will be around 5k, that's with donor sperm.

Aidensmum Im on syranel as well, but and your going to hate me, I feel like a million bucks on it. Taste horrid but no side effects. Very lucky because from what I've read the side effects are bad, similar to menopause.  Hopefully once you start the injections it all settles down.  I haven't had any issue with the injections either.

Had my first scan today and so far 8 follicles, another scan next Monday so I'm hoping the smaller follies ramp up.  Might have to start Luveris as my LH is borderline. Looking at epu mid to late next week, so FX another week on injections increases my number.  I know the whole quality vs quantity but I just want as many as possible lol.

#21 aidensmum

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:39 PM

Cuddlesnkisses you were right. Feel human again. About day 6 of FSH I came good. On a bit of a high actually. If that's what I'm going to be like after menopause I'm heading for divorce or jail for stabbing my husband with the nearest sharp object. Ovaries are aching nicely. P/U isn't for another week so I'm happy to be feeling ache this early.

#22 Cuddlesnkisses

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:45 PM

I'm starting to get a bit achy too, looks like we will be in the TWW together.  Had my LH levels checked and they have dropped so started Luveris tonight.  Makes me feel like a junky because it's a "proper" syringe and needs mixing.

I actually don't mind the injections, I'm a control freak so it makes me feel like I'm in control of whats happening.  

What area/ clinic are you going to?

#23 tryingforanother

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:39 PM

Wow, Cuddlesnkisses, $5K is so cheap compared to NZ, but still a lot of money aye!  We are looking at $11 - $13,000 for a round of private IVF (though some people can access publicly funded IVF for two rounds for free).

I'd heard it was a lot cheaper in Australia!  Good luck with your EPU :-)

#24 Cuddlesnkisses

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:05 PM

A lot of ours is subsidized by either Medicare or private health insurance.  $11-13k is a lot, but hopefully it works first time and then it's worth every cent and more.

#25 aidensmum

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:34 PM

Im in QLD.  Waiting for a scan on Friday.  Think my costs are about $4500 for stim cycle and $1650 for a FET.  We had gone back to IVF thinking we would be ok investing $10K and then stop.  We hit $10K in Sept but have decided to keep going until we have success.  Don't want to look back with regret and wish we had spent the money.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Win $1000 with Sea-Bands!

Three lucky fans can win a Sea-Band prize pack valued at over $1000 each, which includes two Sea-Bands plus a $1000 Eftpos gift card!

Misery loves Facebook

Facebook users are often criticised for only showing the positive, fun parts of their lives. But what about when it swings the other way, when someone uses it for the purposes of ranting about their children all the time, never posting anything positive?

Toddler's adorable impersonation of pregnant mum

Little Ellis has noticed his mum is walking differently lately, and his impersonation of her is hilarious.

'Forgotten baby syndrome' can happen to any one of us

When my third child was two months old, I strapped her into her car seat, then promptly forgot all about her. But she survived, unharmed, because it was winter, and I was lucky.

Join the Real Mums Test Drive Team

Five mums or mums-to-be will join the EB Test Drive Team and discover great items at an exclusive Big W event. (Sydney only.)

Ten things I've learned about motherhood

Never take a good night's sleep for granted. There is no logic like toddler logic. Standing on Lego hurts every time. These are the truths of parenthood.

Parenting past the toddler years: what's next?

Your baby has grown into a toddler, and now your toddler is fast approaching the preschooler stage. What can you expect as a parent?

Tips on what to pack in your hospital bag

Before giving birth I read countless lists, ended up overpacking just a little, and now know what I'll actually want to pack next time.

New app keeps tabs on your kids at childcare

Popular new technology lets parents know what their children are up to at childcare - but not everyone is a fan.

21 things I love about newborns

There?s an irresistible magic about newborns. Of course they're not all smiles and rainbows, but they are undeniably cute and remarkable in so, so many ways.

Kid-friendly hairdressers: who says haircuts can?t be fun?

I?ve found some salons who boast setups ideal for children ? you name it, they?ve thought of it. All are designed to make haircuts fun rather than stressful.

Labour pain relief may reduce risk of postnatal depression: study

Postnatal depression is a complex condition, but researchers say pain relief during labour may help some women.

Why we need better support for men after miscarriage

In a recent study, 85 per cent of men admitted feeling sadness after their partner miscarried, but almost half said they didn't share their feelings at all. What can be done to help them?

Mum in business: Kristy Chong

Kristy Chong is the managing director of Australian-made Modibodi underwear and a mum to Lucas, 6, Jason, 4, and Isaac, 6 months. She shares her advice for other mums thinking about starting their own businesses.

From toddler to preschooler: a developmental roadmap

So your toddler is growing up and will soon be entering the preschooler years. Here are a few ways to frame their development that will help you understand what?s going in those beautiful, funny, clever little heads of theirs.

Mum sacrifices an eye for her unborn baby

Motherhood is full of sacrifices, but this woman has made a life-altering one - and her baby hasn't even been born.

A grandparent by any other name

A growing number of grandparents are shunning tradition and going against conventional names - but a grandparent by any other name still gives the same awesome cuddles and kisses.

Photographer captures the beauty of adoption

The love of a family is usually tough to capture on camera. This is an exception.

When labour just doesn't happen

After three healthy kids, I can?t help feeling I?ve been a little ripped off. I missed out on something I had always wanted to experience, and now I?ll never get the chance.

Be careful what you say, your baby is listening

The importance of speaking to your baby even if they are not old enough to answer back has been highlighted by new research.

Share the little things that make you smile

We're giving away a Mountain Buggy nano, the ultimate travel stroller - and here are some of the great entries so far.

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

Be careful what you say, your baby is listening

The importance of speaking to your baby even if they are not old enough to answer back has been highlighted by new research.

Win $1000 with Sea-Bands!

Three lucky fans can win a Sea-Band prize pack valued at over $1000 each, which includes two Sea-Bands plus a $1000 Eftpos gift card!

The beautiful moment a baby was born at the side of a road

It's not where she expected to give birth, but mum Corrine Cinatl is delighted that her daughter's roadside arrival was captured in a series of beautiful photos.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

Join the Real Mums Test Drive Team

Five mums or mums-to-be will join the EB Test Drive Team and discover great items at an exclusive Big W event. (Sydney only.)

The Nappy Collective starts new drive

It's that time of year when the dedicated volunteers at The Nappy Collective do their bit to help out mums and children in need - and they need your help.

Baby shower cake wrecks

From misshapen cake babies to questionable text, from odd colour choices to internal organ recreation, these are the baby shower cakes that taste forgot.

Photographer captures the beauty of adoption

The love of a family is usually tough to capture on camera. This is an exception.

Pregnancy progression photo ideas

Want to record your pregnancy as your belly grows? Here are some creative, fun ideas for photo shoots along the way.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Tin can craft and DIY ideas

Got a few old formula, Milo or coffee cans around the house? Use these fantastic upcycling ideas to create items for around the house and yard.

Dads meet their newborn for the first time

Emotional photos of two fathers meeting their newborn son have resonated with viewers worldwide, attracting thousands of Facebook likes and shares.

Skin safety isn't just a summer worry

Lax about the slip slop slap with your kids as weather turns cooler? Here's a reminder as to why we have to remain vigilant for our children?s future health.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Creative sleeping baby photoshoots

See how some parents and photographers have captured sleeping babies in unusual positions and using different props.

DIY kitchen and food hacks

DIY your way to a better kitchen and make cooking easier with our clever hacks. (Some content reproduced with permission from mashable.com.)

Winter warmers for babies and toddlers

Your baby or toddler will be nice and snug in these beautiful and fun winter pieces. Most are hand-made or knitted, and they're all designed to keep your little one toastie - and adorable!

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.