November 2WW

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
383 replies to this topic

#1 Forum Moderator

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:37 PM

Getting in early to start this thread Good luck for this month ladies!

Cheers,
~Mintie~

#2 Krunchie29

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:49 PM

GOLD!

currently in the TWW before ovulation and 2nd FET. First blood test 1st Nov which will hopefully give a dateish for FET.

these twws dont get any easier do they!!!

#3 halby

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:45 PM

SILVER

I hear you on the 2ww, it is honestly the worst part in my opinion. I have had 2 lovely 8 cell embryos trfd today. Day 3-FET with AH. Feeling very excited and have even felt really confident leading up to this, so fingers crossed. Beta is 9th of November
Good Luck with your fet Krunchie

#4 clrw

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:41 AM

Bronze! Doing a FET this cycle. Just waiting to hear what my transfer day will be. May know this afternoon. My ovaries are aching!!!

#5 April2608

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:02 AM

Hi,
I'm with Halby, I had 2 5 day frosties transfer yesterday, my BT is also 9th November.
April

#6 hillplain

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:35 AM

Hi Ladies,
Good luck for this month - keep up the BFP's!

#7 Krunchie29

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:43 AM

hey ladies
my dh has suggested i might want to lay off the baby websites, to help me stop thinking about it and make time go quicker? I'm on them a bit but not obsessivly and I do other things to keep me occupied, but am i right in thinking that not thinking about this is easier said than done! I find that these websites help me stop obsessing, worrying etc. because i can vent my fears, frustrations etc to people who understand... anyone else feel the same?

#8 halby

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:32 PM

HI ladies, well Krunchie I cant win with my dh. He was happy for the sight as he doesn't want to her all the ins and outs all the time, but in the next breath he says I am on here too much. At one stage he was even looking at the computer history seeing what time I was on and for how long. All because I work from home and it is our business, but hey if it keeps me somewhat less crazy and he doesn't have to listen to it 24-7 then he should just suck it up......So maybe try the "Fine dear I will call you and talk to you about it all day everyday, and dont be surprised if I vent the same things over and over" You do whatever makes you feel better, I am obsessive as well, and also have been at this a long time, and the 2ww truly is the toughest mental part to get thru.

#9 jjc1

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:43 PM

Hi
I was wondering if i can join for the tww it's my first one for a while with a new clinic and even though i am excited and confident there is always that doubt. I had a day5 FET today and now on the wait train my bt is due next wed

#10 Krunchie29

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:31 AM

Hey Ladies, how we doing today?
Just put my DH on a plane to work for the next two weeks, so I get some peace and quiet for a while!  wink.gif

Blood test tomorrow to start the countdown to the next transfer  hands.gif  

#11 Lottie*

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:06 AM

Hi ladies

Hope you don't mind if I join. I just had my medicated FET yesterday. 2 embies transferred on day 3. One 8 cell and one 5 cell. Was so nervous, proper heart in mouth stuff before the transfer. Might have been having to give myself the pregnyl jab. So bad at it. It's not too painful but it stung a little bit and I am bruised. Was tender at the jab site- is that normal?  Now just feel a bit Flat. It will hurt if this does not work so I want to have 2 weeks of hope. We have done all we could to make what we could control as good as they could be and I am so proud of my little embies for getting through the thaw and bouncing back. So fingers crossed.

I hope everyone gets great news in Nov and has nice announcements to family and friends to make over Christmas pudding!   Not testing until 12 nov but not sure how pregnyl

#12 LeeNT

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:00 PM

Hi Ladies,

I haven't been on for a while.  We did our FET in July and then had to have a month of and have been on an extended cycle this time round - Lucrin since beginning sept and now Gonal F as well (two injections nightly now wacko.gif ) - but hopefully all going well tomorrow (blood test and scan) we should have our pick-up on Monday!!  All going well, embryo transfer Friday 09/11 and then the dreaded tww.  So I am not sure of I should be in this group yet or not??
Have just caught up on October TWW, which ended up with some great results!  Hopefully some of the baby dust has flow into November for us.  Fingers crossed for everyone.

Lee

#13 halby

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:17 PM

JJc1 blasties onboard is always nice, I'm too old to do it anymore, and need assisted hatching so day 3s for me Hang in there I think your the 1st for beta so far.

Lottie really normal for the tenderness at injection site with pregnyl. I take clexane and can say I would take the pregnyl over that anyday. I look like a bruised pin cushion from these injections. I hope your 2 embryos are settling in nicely

LeeNT good luck with the jabbing and pick-up.

April my beta buddy hows the 2ww wait going. Obsessing over everything yet?

Krunchie, atleast you wont have your dh checking up on how often your on here now. I mean they are wonderful and all mean well but sometimes you want to be left alone with your obsessing.

clrw how are those ovaries going? Have you got a date for fet yet? What will you be doing, a 3 or 5 day transfer. Fingers crossed for you.

Afm well just plodding along. I am guessing that my implantation should be starting to happen around today onwards, so trying to have a chilled day. Laid down and watched the midday movie so that was good, went to morning tea with DD and a friend. Never do that kind of stuff so it has been really nice. Even hubby not giving me a hard time about not working when I have so much paperwork to do. Need to get him in the mood for a quicky tonight, he wasn't interested earlier. Always do it around implantation time, many years ago an embryologist told me that sperm puts a nice coating in the endometrium for implantation, so just a gentle bding if you know what I mean.. And I am into the pineapple. No acupuncture this time as to be honest I just havnt had time, but arnt really fussed to be honest. Sticky vibes ladies

#14 jjc1

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:35 PM

Hi Ladies
Hope everyone's day was good
Halby sounds like you had a relaxing day.

I have a couple of questions
How long does it take before implantation starts to occur and has anyone had little niggly pains day after transfer. It didn't happen last 2 times and is it strange not to be on any progesterone support?

#15 clrw

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:32 PM

Looking more like a Monday transfer for me (day 5 Halby original.gif ) Another BT and US Friday.

I didn't want it to be Thursday as we would have to take DS with us as its not a daycare day and we go to a clinic in Canberra so 6 hours driving. I don't think it will be Saturday, which is good because its my birthday. Now I just have to cross fingers its not Tuesday as I ORGANISED the Melbourne Cup do at work!! LOL.

#16 shells0701

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:39 PM

Hi all,
Nice to see so many ladies in here so early on in the month!
Good luck to you all in the 2 ww.
I've had my 5th trf (4th fet) yesterday with a day 5 blastie. 5th time lucky surely?!
My dr is away and the replacement has asked me to come in tomorrow for a pregnyl injection. I've never had this before and just wanted to see what others felt on it? Also taking progesterone pessaries, clexane injections daily and progynova tablets twice daily  wacko.gif

#17 Fngrscrossed

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:52 PM

Hi all. My final test is now only 2 sleeps away. This is round 7 for us. Had 2 day 3 10 & 12 cell beauties transferred. I'm scared and worried and excited all at once. This 2ww has been the hardest yet!!! I've had silly thoughts and its driving me crazy!!
I want this so bad.
Good luck to the rest of you.

#18 halby

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:11 PM

Fingerscrossed hang in there you are almost there. I hope that you get us started on the bfp roll for November.

Shells pregnyl injections are usually just to trick your body post transfer to start producing more progesterone by mimiking pregnancy. Some fs do it and other dont, it certainly cant hurt.

clrw I dont blame you for not wanting to take ds on that lovely drive, also being honest you need to just be free to relax and it is hard with a little one in toe on such a day. Fingers are crossed for Monday for you

jjc I will see if I can find the breakdown of embryo progress and post it. Basically between day 5-7dpo as your embryos should hatch around day 5-7 and then start the implantation process, I dont know whether you actually feel anything but I can say that I feel things with my body that my fs says I shouldnt be able to but I am so in tune with it I know when something is different. Soem poeple dont take progesterone support but my clinic always gives it for fresh or fet. My girlfriend fell pregnant on an fet without it as they say your body should just produce it anyway if there is a viable pregnancy

Good to see we are going to be a busy month and hopefully with awsome results for us all, I have already calculated dates and if I can get my bfp I would do a scan on my 40th birthday, what a present that would be. Which reminds me happy birthday clrw for Saturday I hope you have a fantastic day.
afm feeling fantastic, tired and lots of discharge and wind, my dh thinks its funny thankfully but cant stop farting. sorry tmi. And I know it is too early to feel anything but I actually feel pregnant, and that has got me thinking that my embryos were 3.5 days old at transfer as they thawed them the day before at lunchtime, or maybe like jjc I am just feeling stuff. Oh wanna be wanna be wanna be pregnant.

Edited by halby, 31 October 2012 - 09:13 PM.

#19 April2608

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:31 AM

Hi All,

CLRW, I had a transfer last yr on Melbourne Cup day. I live in WA so the race is at Midday here. I had just arrived at the hospital and sat in my car to listed to the race, I still got dressed in my finery, so was in a cocktail dress and hat as I walked in wink.gif , then got DH to take me to a nice restaurant for lunch after.

Halby, yes going crazy, it's way to early to have symptoms, but I have been waking each morning feeling like I have had a few to many wines the night before sick.gif  (and promise not a drop passes these lips).

I'm on crinone so it may just be that I'm feeling.

April

Edited by April2608, 01 November 2012 - 09:34 AM.

#20 Lottie*

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:16 PM

hi everyone

it is busy in here. Great to read. Hope everyone is doing ok.

JJC and halby, is this the development timeline you were after
http://www.nyufertilitycenter.org/ivf/embryo_transfer

extracted here
3-Day Transfer
Days Past Transfer (DPT)  
One The embryo continues to grow and develop, turning from a 6-8 cell embryo into a morula
Two The cells of the morula continue to divide, developing into a blastocyst
Three The blastocyst begins to hatch out of its shell  
Four The blastocyst continues to hatch out of its shell and begins to attach itself to the uterus
Five The blastocyst attaches deeper into the uterine lining, beginning implantation  
Six Implantation continues
Seven Implantation is complete, cells that will eventually become the placenta and fetus have begun to develop  
Eight Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) starts to enter the blood stream  
Nine Fetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted  
Ten Fetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted  
Eleven Levels of hCG are now high enough to detect a pregnancy  

5-Day Transfer
Days Past Transfer (DPT)
One The blastocyst begins to hatch out of its shell  
Two The blastocyst continues to hatch out of its shell and begins to attach itself to the uterus
Three The blastocyst attaches deeper into the uterine lining, beginning implantation  
Four Implantation continues
Five Implantation is complete, cells that will eventually become the placenta and fetus have begun to develop  
Six Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) starts to enter the blood stream  
Seven Fetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted  
Eight Fetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted  
Nine Levels of hCG are now high enough to detect a pregnancy  

Fingerscrossed, I would be so hopeful if my embies at transfer were so well developed.  That is very good news for you.

The obsessing has begun for me.  I have niggling twinges today and i am very bloated. So much so that i am sitting here at work and have just undone my skirt.. attractive.  I hope to billi-io that i remember to do it up again before i wander out.  Looking forward to tomorrow when i give my monster bruise a partner - another pregnyl injection for me.

#21 halby

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:58 PM

thanks lotte thats the one.

Hope you have all had a nice day. Actually we all had a huge day sleep here and I feel so much more with it, didnt realise how tired I was. Just cant get into work mode though and the tax man isnt going to be happy about me being late with my BAS. Oh well tomorrow is the day to get it done. Im late anyway now so whether its one day or one week isnt going to make any difference so I am not going to sweat it.

#22 jjc1

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:35 PM

Hi Everyone
Thanks for that lotte

#23 Fngrscrossed

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:40 PM

Today's been hard to focus at work. I'm so glad I decided to take tomorrow off. I'm getting my nails done and pampering myself while I wait for the dreaded phone call.
Lottie - thanks for the encouragement. I knew they were good but hearing that gives me a little more hope. I hope you remembered to do up your skirt!! Lol
April - I'm in WA too. Which clinic you with? What a lovely idea for your transfer day. Would be good if we could do that everyday of the 2ww!!
Well one more sleep to go. I'll update you all when I know

#24 ★balla

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:44 PM

Hi ladies,

quick question,  am having my egg collection tomorrow and i'm not sure how they choose the 3 or 5 day transfer.

Day 3 will be Monday and I sadly have a funeral to attend so I starting to stress out about it, I guess I will find out more tomorrow.

Good luck to everyone

#25 Magenta_

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:20 PM

Hi Balla,

The scientists decide whether they will transfer on Day 3 or Day 5 depending on how the fertilisation is progressing.  The good news is that transfer is pretty quick and painless.  It's kind of like having a pap smear and you're free to get on with your day as normal afterwards. It can't fall out!
I'm sorry you've got a funeral to attend  and it's not ideal but you may be able to manage the transfer around it if it comes to it.  

Hope this helps and wishing you the best of luck!

Magenta xx

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

16 parenting truths you won't find in the baby books

I am five years into this parenting gig and I’ve learnt that sleepless nights and changing dirty nappies are child’s play.

Best and worst potty party cakes

It's nice to celebrate a child making the shift from nappies to 'big kid' undies, but do we really need a semi-realistic used toilet cake to do it? Here are some of the best and worst cakes parents have used at 'potty parties' around the world.

7 tips for a financially festive Christmas

Plan ahead - and do it now - to ensure festive season expenses don't break the bank.

'Go the F*** to Sleep' author's new book for frustrated parents

A sequel is coming soon to the 2011 hit book 'Go the F*** to Sleep' - and this time, it's about mealtimes.

Great birthday party buys from Etsy

Handmade crafts to decorate and personalise your child's next birthday - from banners to cake decorations, we've got gorgeous party finds from Etsy.

Creative storage ideas for the kids' rooms

Creative and practical storage ideas for the kids' toys and books can also add some stylish decor to your home. Visit babyology.com.au for more stylish modern finds for hip kids & parents.

Student shocked by surprise baby

Kate Hudson, 22, was on a dream European holiday with friends. She didn't realise she was about to become a mum.

To the mum in the doctor's waiting room

Maybe the mum I saw in that waiting room, seemingly disconnected from her baby, doesn’t have the support she needs.

10 space-saving nursery ideas

Starting a family doesn't always mean moving into a bigger house - not yet, anyway.

What's in a name?

Baby Names

Looking for a classic name, or an unusual name? Our Baby Name Finder is for you, search or browse to refine your shortlist.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.