Previous thread

Regards

Ali

#2 *Lulu*

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:59 AM

GOLD!! biggrin.gif

#3 *Lulu*

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:06 PM

Okay now that that is out the way....I have been lurking lots but not doing much posting, but am keeping up-to-date with everyone's news.I am still nervous to join the FB group until I hit 12 weeks and go public! I am just worried i will get found out original.gif how's that for paranoid??! Have been feeling pretty worn out and disgusting....hence lack of posting. It is so frustrating - I just feel like I can barely get anything done and all the normal things I do, and have to do, feels like this massive task to overcome. Anyway obviously it's all worth it and I wouldn't have things any other way but just struggling a bit at the moment with keeping the family running. DH already works so hard and such long hours - he can't do more than he is already....so I think I just have to buck up, try and grab a rest here and there and put on a brave face!!Can't wait to tell my kids! But we'll wait till 12 weeks when we'reReady to go public - don't think they can handle the responsibility of such a secret! Reading about other people telling their kids make me so excited though! My kids have been asking me for another baby for about a year now!

#4 *brklyn*

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:00 PM

SILVER biggrin.gif

#5 kate_123

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:59 PM

HAHA love the comment about the baby bonus (might be worth slipping the OB a few bucks to induce if its looking like it might run overdue tongue.gif )

My boss asked me today if I had lost weight. Trying not to smirk as I think - you won't be asking me that in a few weeks time!

btw at what point do you start showing? Anyone got a bump yet?

I feel like m/s and boob pain creeping in but not hit fully yet (5wk today). Woke up last night to cramps from things shifting down there blink.gif Nothing a heat pack couldn't fix tho.

Joined FB but a little overwhelmed by the size of the group and the amount of posts so think I'll just stick to our little group here :-)

#6 karlie.jane

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:05 PM

Well at least your boss Kate is thinking that you look great gee if my boss actually gave me a compliment I would take it and run hahaha

I am getting a lovely bump already and I'm only 5 weeks so I would hate to see how big I get  ohmy.gif  but this is my 3rd baby too though.

I hope that everyone is well. Did anyone get told by their GP that their HCG was on the higher end of the scale and still only had 1 baby. My GP has decided we are either having a super healthy baby or twins ekkkkk I will take the super healthy baby option at the moment!!

#7 leJadie

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:59 PM

Lol Kate_123 sometimes I think I have a little bump happening, but then I am not sure if it is just my little podge or not. It is definitely poking out way more than normal!

#8 gonggirl

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:09 PM

I have a belly, looks like I'm more like 5 months than 2, but it is number 3 certainly dont have stomach muscles anymore! Feeling a lot like lulu here bring on 12 weeks only 3.5 weeks to go not to mention an u/s yay. Hope ur all well, my all day sickness seems to be easing a bit!

#9 ChilliDog

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:53 PM

QUOTE (kate_123 @ 29/10/2012, 05:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HAHA love the comment about the baby bonus (might be worth slipping the OB a few bucks to induce if its looking like it might run overdue tongue.gif )

My boss asked me today if I had lost weight. Trying not to smirk as I think - you won't be asking me that in a few weeks time!

btw at what point do you start showing? Anyone got a bump yet?

I feel like m/s and boob pain creeping in but not hit fully yet (5wk today). Woke up last night to cramps from things shifting down there blink.gif Nothing a heat pack couldn't fix tho.

Joined FB but a little overwhelmed by the size of the group and the amount of posts so think I'll just stick to our little group here :-)

Kate just thought I'd mention be careful using heat packs on your tummy. I went to use one a few weeks ago and DH stopped me and asked if it was ok. After googling I read lots of things saying no don't use heat directly on your tummy! Not sure if Dr Google is telling me the truth but I figured better safe than sorry!!

I'm 7+3 and feel like I'm huge already. Have a real pot belly! DH has been teasing me saying he really thinks there is 2 or 3 in there not 1! Anxiously awaiting my first scan next Monday.

#10 surprisenofour

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:26 AM

I feel really lousy ms is really kicking in maxalon is doing much and I just want to sleep. I can't nap tomorrow even though it's the youngest childcare day as we have our appt for our middle child to continue the assessment for him. The one day I have an appt I can't miss.

Hi to everyone sorry no personals I'm using my phone with my three year old in my arms.

#11 kate_123

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:47 AM

Thanks ChilliDog. I had originally used Dr Google and was scared to use them but my Dr confirmed that its ok and then I Dr Googled again and many health websites recommend them, just make sure its not too hot but only risk of heat is to raise your body temp which apparently is actually quite hard to do, more risky would be going in a sauna or a run in the middle of the day in summer etc.

On a lighter note - last night comedian Dawn French delivered my baby in my dreams - now that was interesting laughing2.gif

#12 Tigster

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:05 AM

surprisenofour - Sorry to hear you are so sick. My sister spent 3wks in hospital and lost 7kg in the first 16wks of her pg. That was her 3rd pg and she had never had ms before. So i understand how sick people can feel.

I have a bit of a bump but I think its just gas. blush.gif I have recently lost 5kg to get back to pre-baby #1 weight. I hopped on the scales this morning and I've put back on 1kg. I don't want to put on too much weight its getting harder to lose after each bub.

#13 FeralMuddyPuddles

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:11 AM

Hi girls,

Still sick here so not much posting from me but I have been reading. I cried this morning as my mum had to fly home and I'm petrified I'm going to end up back in hospital. She's been keeping me fed and hydrated and caring for DS also for the last week. I'm still 4kgs down and the nausea is in full force today. Work are being ok, but I've been off for 3 weeks now and no idea when I'll be well enough to go back. And normally if I'm sick the sunshine cheers me up, but it just makes the nausea worse so I'm huddled inside on the couch.

Sorry for the pity post, just having a hard day today. I hope everyone else is feeling well!

#14 Gel_Bel

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:07 AM

Hi Ladies,

So sorry to hear m/s is making everyone sick! I think mine is passing, it's definitely not as bad as last week.

I went to have my first scan today! I saw a heart beat and am 8 weeks 5 days! The doctor says everything is good and now I can breathe a massive sigh of relief! biggrin.gif

xx

#15 LisaM07

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:23 AM

Fantastic news on your scan Gel_Bel that's very exciting indeed original.gif

Sorry to hear that you're feeling so terrible zaacaa, I hope things improve for you soon.

L x

#16 teatime

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:52 AM

Hi everyone, waves.gif

Just wanted to introduce myself. Im from sydney and I have DS 19months. I found out yesterday that I am expecting baby #2. A very nice surprise as I am still BF and had only had one period. After having to go thru assisted conception last time it was nice to experience the surprise and shock of it happening naturally.

I think Im due around the 15th June but will have a dating scan to confrim.

Looking forward to sharing this with you all.

(Now to go back and try to cath up - cant believe you're up to thread 7 already blink.gif )

xx

Edited by prmrjr, 30 October 2012 - 11:53 AM.

#17 Nervy

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:31 PM

Hi Girls! Hope evreyone is well today!

Zaacca so sorry to hear of your MS, it sounds absolutely awful sad.gif

Kate i too had my first pregnant dream! There was a little baby and you couldnt see whether a girl or boy in my womb, i was having an ultrasound and you could see through my belly, colours and all, but the baby looked about 1 year old with red hair and blue eyes and big ears and said "HELLO" to me. My mum was there and said "where did those ears come from, no-one has big ears in our family" It was so weird.

Gel_bel GREAT news on the fab scan!! Was that ur first scan? How exciting, i cant wait to have my next scan!.

I'm still freaking out, i dont know why. Havent felt sick for a while now. sad.gif Just want to be over this first trimester. I think ive said that a million times already!

You know what is getting me through, BIG BROTHER. Thanks Big Brother.

Edited by Nervy, 30 October 2012 - 12:37 PM.

#18 CraftyGinger

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:39 PM

Hi ladies!
I haven't been around the last few weeks, as it has been crazy here!

Our house was broken into on my birthday mad.gif , so that was a lot of hassle and running around.

I had my first Ob appt last Thurs and all looks good. I'm 8 weeks today and due 11th June. Feeling sooo tired and nauseous all morning. In the arvo, it becomes hearburn, yay! With my first, I felt nauseous from 8 weeks until about 12 weeks, then threw up every morning until 26 weeks. The nausea started MUCH earlier this time, so we'll see how it goes.

I haven't read everything, but welcome to all the newbies, huge hugs to those who have lost an angel, and sympathy to those feeling yuck!

Hopefully I'll be able to check in more often now.

#19 Gel_Bel

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:24 PM

Nervy- Yes this was my first scan, it was just a quick one to date and have a look at the baby. The next scan is on the 9th. But I have been freakingout so much! It was amazing to finally see a tiny little heartbeat (172) and to make sure everything is ok. This is my first so it's all very new and things are still very surreal!
My morning sickness has been decreasing, the doctor assures me that it will come and go, so I wound't worry too much about not feeling sick. Besides, gives you more time to enjoy being pregnant!

xx

#20 Swimbaby

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:41 PM

Ok ladies, time for me to stop lurking and actually post something! I am due 11 June so 8 weeks today (same as CraftyGinger, hello!) First baby, well and truly planned for, but that doen't stop everything from feeling strange and a bit surreal. A bit too grown up, in a way (but I am 31, so about time really!!). I have only told two friends, plus a few people who were on a "needs to know" basis - parents and in-laws are still in the dark! DH is very cautious and wants to make sure but is healthy before we announce to the world. I am feeling ok, just extremely tired and a bit of MS here and there. I have already had one visit to the OB who assured me everything is going ok. And seeing the little blob on the tv screen was simply amazing, and made it all feel real.
My best wishes to everyone who is feeling lousy or has suffered losses... but what a great little community we have here for support, for the sad days and the happy days. I look forward to sharing the months ahead with you all :-)

#21 KLR79

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:15 PM

Hi Everyone... waves.gif

Time for me to stop lurking too... to be honest I had a missed miscarriage earlier this year discovered at 8w2d when I went for an ultrasound. I have been too nervous to post on any forums until I had an ultrasound and saw there was a real, live baby on board!

And today was that day... at 7w4d saw a great looking 'blob' and heard a nice healthy heartbeat... obviously still nervous and can't wait for the 12 week mark, but feel better after seeing that.

I'm 32, DH 36 and we are due June 14th 2013, first baby, very excited!

Will try and find you all on the facebook page.

Have a great night...

#22 surprisenofour

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:45 AM

Hi to all the new pregnant mummies!!

Pregnancy dreams I haven't had one but dh has lol he dreamt our baby was two days old and walking and talking lol clever baby!

This morning sickness sucks I either want to be sick or am sick or I have heartburn. Weighed myself earlier and seems I have lost close to 3kg in the past two weeks.

Zaacaa I hope you cope ok with your mum heading home I really sympathise with you and know how yucky it is.

Dh doesn't know it but his week off next week is going to be put to great use, I'm going to nap everyday hehehe

Night ladies

#23 Tigster

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:14 AM

Welcome new Mum's and congrat's on your pregnancies.

I had a dr appoint yesterday to get the results of my blodd tests. I thought it would be pretty routine, "everything ok and here's your referral to an ob" but the urine analysis came back positive for a urinary tract infection. Now I'm on antibiotics to clear it up. I had no idea I even had one.

I've got 2wks until my first appoint with the ob. I hope he does a scan while I'm there, otherwise I have to wait until the 12wk scan.

#24 LisaM07

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:56 AM

Welcome to all the new mummies and big congratulations all around original.gif

I've really not been feeling great and it's very frustrating especially dragging my miserable bum to work everyday sad.gif I went and sat in the toilet and cried at work today and look at that it's not even 10am!

Anyone else getting a bit teary for no particular reason?

L x

#25 FeralMuddyPuddles

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:26 AM

Thanks guys, feeling a bit more human today which is nice. Still not leaving the couch tho..,thank goodness for Childcare!

Lisa I'm teary too, DH has a good laugh at how all over the place I am! It is quite funny in retrospect but not at the time. Hope you're doing ok at work.

I haven't joined the FB group as I'm not on fb, so hopefully not everyone disappears there! It's reassuring having you guys to talk to.

I've even had a few moments of excitement when I've been feeling ok today, such a nice change from thinking "what have I done???"

Hope you are all enjoying the sunshine, such a beautiful day out there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Special offer: The Baby & Toddler Show 2014

At The Baby & Toddler Show, you?ll find everything you need to get ready for your new arrival and guide you through the early weeks and years of parenting.

An open letter to Tony Abbott: please salvage our super

We face financial ruin, but most of us don?t realise it. If we don?t act together to salvage our superannuation, I have no doubt the new GFC will be the Girls? Financial Crisis.

'I'm happy to know I'm changing lives': surrogate mum of two

I know that once the baby is born, I will focus on the gift I have given, and watch the parents with their new child. I can't wait for that day.

Birth trauma and the issue of informed consent

There is a perception that women should just be happy they have a healthy baby in their arms. But for women who experienced birth trauma, there's a lot more to it.

Tips for managing pollen allergies and hayfever

They're simple tips, but they can have a big impact on those who suffer from hayfever and pollen allergies.

Ada Nicodemou shares tribute to her stillborn baby

Just over one month since Ada Nicodemou and her husband lost their second son, the Home and Away star has shared a touching poem for her baby.

Mum causes stir breastfeeding on train

?To the woman breastfeeding her kid on the train. Seriously! On the train?" began the letter of complaint.

10 things they don?t tell you about being pregnant

As I slowly waddle my ever-changing pregnant body towards the finishing line of my due date, it?s becoming increasingly clear there are a lot of things they just don?t tell you about pregnancy.

Overcoming a fear of the dark

A toddler's fear of the dark is very normal, but there are ways parents can help children through this stage in their development.

Kids, TV and movies: how young is too young?

It seems you don't have to throw the TV and iPad out the window - it all boils down to moderation, supervision and interaction.

Video: Baby's first birthday is a special day for mum, too

?A baby?s first birthday is also mum?s first birthday.?

The day Supernanny came to tea

Prince William's favourite celebrity child trainer Jo Frost puts Bryony Gordon and her toddler through their paces.

Tales from the homefront

When you're at work you sort of assume that your house is basically just sitting there quietly doing nothing until you return. However, since spending my days at home, I've learned this couldn't be further from the truth.

The words I hated hearing as new mum

It was less than a week after my son was born that I first heard it - from my mother.

To the pharmacist who sold me baby formula

On the rare occasion I catch sight of you at school, or around town, I think back to our earliest exchange. I?m sure you have no recollection of it at all.

Babies may benefit from autism therapy

Children showing signs of autism don't usually receive early intervention until well into toddlerhood or later, but a new study suggests infants with symptoms of the developmental disorder might benefit from therapy from as early as six months.

Knatalye and Adeline born with an everlasting bond

Knatalye Hope and Adeline Faith are a lot like any other identical twin girls, but there is one dramatic difference: they're joined at the chest and shares several internal organs.

The question this dad wishes he'd asked his wife

I should have seen that my wife wasn't the same person I'd fallen in love with, but we were both too focused on simply trying to get by.

Why we should talk about the deaths of the Hunt children

The deaths are too horrible even to think about. Yet we owe it to the children - Fletcher, Mia and Phoebe Hunt - to think long and hard about it all.

Baby dies of meningococcal weeks after vaccine application denied

A six-month-old girl has died from meningococcal disease just weeks after an application for government funding of a vaccine for the most deadly strain of the virus was rejected.

Finding the right balance when playing with your kids

Being too involved in our children?s play and not allowing our kids enough free time for unstructured activities can mean our kids miss out on the value that play offers.

Creative DIY light shades

The Pop Light light shade comes in a flat pack already made - it's up to you to design it as you'd like.

The battle of iParenting versus imagination

Have we forgotten how to be imaginative, resourceful parents?

Why movement is so important for your baby's growth

Letting your child move as much as possible in the early years ? using all senses, engaging in the real world, preferably outside ? will help them grow up healthier, smarter, calmer and stronger.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Special offer: The Baby & Toddler Show 2014

At The Baby & Toddler Show, you?ll find everything you need to get ready for your new arrival and guide you through the early weeks and years of parenting.

Losing yourself to motherhood

While watching your baby grow into a unique little person is exciting and wondrous, the intensity of meeting everyone else?s needs can ever so sneakily overtake your own needs for self-care.

Tearing during delivery: the facts

Almost all women will experience bruising, grazing or tearing after a vaginal birth. Depending on the degree of tearing, there are various treatments available.

6 tips for a day out with a baby and toddler

Outings can be lots of fun with the kids, but there are inevitable challenges. Here's some information about days out to help you be a little more prepared.

Why I invited a dozen people to watch my son's birth

I sent invitations on burgundy scrapbooking paper stamped with a field of poppies, and told each person why I wanted him or her there. I warned that there would be nudity.

Getting labour started: tips for a natural induction

When your baby?s due date comes and goes without so much as a pop - let alone a bang - it can be disheartening. Mums and a doula share their stories of natural inductions.

7 mistakes old hands make with new babies

As I sat across the table from my friend ? me, a seasoned mother of three; her, a brand new mum ? I thought of all the mistakes an old-hand parent can make when visiting a newborn baby.

That's my boy: a dad's diary of the first 4 months

Unbearable anxiety, unspeakable joy, constant exhaustion and bouts of frustration ... The many shocks of first-time fatherhood resound in a dad's diary of his son's early months.

One of the most important things a new mum can do

Finances may not be as cute as a newborn, but with many women?s working arrangements changing post-baby, monetary matters need attention too.

Baby survives five days alone

He lay with his mother for up to five days after she died of a suspected drug overdose - and survived.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Reader offer

2 FOR 1 TICKET OFFER

For Shopping, For Advice, For Baby & You. Enjoy a special day out with fabulous shopping from over 200 brands, leading parenting experts offering advice on a range of topics, and amazing children?s entertainment

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.